What came first, the chicken or the egg?

SupermanWINS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupermanWINS

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A: The rooster came first

No Caption Provided

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By drkhwk2001

Chicken

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drkhwk2001
@CATMANEXE:  LOL I get it.
J.C.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By J.C.
@SupermanWINS said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
your image just answered your question.
Avatar image for do_i_have_to_give_a_name_
Do I have to give a name?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logically I'd say the egg, but I much prefer CATMANEXE's answer.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
@CATMANEXE said:
" A: The rooster came first

No Caption Provided
"
you better believe it
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

The egg.

Avatar image for onbao_og_mike_hancho
oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's more a matter of religion because anyone can justify either way logically. People that believe that God created everything in the universe would say and believe that the chicken came first; as for those who are of no religious preference, would take the egg's side due to the belief of evolution and the first ever chicken coming from a evolved egg or something. So yeah, the chicken or the egg being first is basically an opinion from your religion, if associated with one. Of course, I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible typing this but I personally believe that the chicken came first. You can disagree with me or not but it's all just based on your religion.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

No Caption Provided
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hdorman1

egg 
chickens and all birds are descendent's of dinosaurs  
who layed eggs 
therefore eggs were before chickens 
if you want to go really far back 
worms, fish of eras that far predate dinosaurs also laid eggs

DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaddyCool
@oNBAo OG Mike Hancho said:
"

It's more a matter of religion because anyone can justify either way logically. People that believe that God created everything in the universe would say and believe that the chicken came first; as for those who are of no religious preference, would take the egg's side due to the belief of evolution and the first ever chicken coming from a evolved egg or something. So yeah, the chicken or the egg being first is basically an opinion from your religion, if associated with one. Of course, I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible typing this but I personally believe that the chicken came first. You can disagree with me or not but it's all just based on your religion.

"
Not necessarily I can be religious and think God created an egg that a chicken hatched from.

Anyways the egg comes first most of the time so based on the majority the egg obviously wins.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Matezoide2

egg

oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DaddyCool said:
" @oNBAo OG Mike Hancho said:
"

"
Not necessarily I can be religious and think God created an egg that a chicken hatched from.  Anyways the egg comes first most of the time so based on the majority the egg obviously wins. "

my bad my brother wrote that crap when i left to get some Wendys. well, he (my brother) made a good point. but just religion itself doesnt always affect your decisions like u said, cuz i could definatly believe any religion that says Gods the creator of everything and still believe that the egg came first so yeah, ur sorta right, exceppt that the chicken came first.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Knightly1

This is actually a paradox if you search it up. Think of it like this: Without the chicken, then the egg will serve no purpose. Without the egg, the chicken wouldnt even be able to form and then be born. They are essential to each other's being. However, this is assuming that we're talking about the eggs having to be made to contain embryos, since some eggs aren't meant for such a thing. All in all, I say the egg came first as a chicken is a descendant of dinosaurs and they layed eggs, so the egg was made before the chicken was even an evolved creature that took its place in the world.
KanniBalKinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KanniBalKinG

Jesus came first! you're all athiest heathen bastards and you will die in a feiry ball of death on judgement day, all of you need Jesus, now i expect to see all of you in church on sunday, go to church, or fiery ball of death, you decide.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KanniBalKinG said:
" Jesus came first! you're all athiest heathen bastards and you will die in a feiry ball of death on judgement day, all of you need Jesus, now i expect to see all of you in church on sunday, go to church, or fiery ball of death, you decide. "
Oooohh Allah's going to burn you extra crispy for that one.
KanniBalKinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KanniBalKinG
@Do I have to give a name? said:
" @KanniBalKinG said:
" Jesus came first! you're all athiest heathen bastards and you will die in a feiry ball of death on judgement day, all of you need Jesus, now i expect to see all of you in church on sunday, go to church, or fiery ball of death, you decide. "
Oooohh Allah's going to burn you extra crispy for that one. "
Well the christian god & Allah are basicaly the same god, but thats not the point 

I'd be more afraid of Zeus and his "Thundershock" attack over 900000000000 damage, or Poseidon with Water blast o____0, Poeseidon actualy caused Hurricane Katrina because someone murdered his mudkipz, thats what i heard.
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

It was a miracle, like magnets

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fire-brand

No Caption Provided
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Korg

The egg. Dinosaurs laid eggs long before chickens ever evolved (the question does not specify any particular type of egg).

-Unseen-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By -Unseen-

The animal chickens evolved from layed the egg that hatched the first chicken, so the egg came first technically. 

oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i personally believe the chicken came first like i said. the egg argument is more of a straight forward answer for those who need to securly know how and why things are and they cant stand being told that an inanimate object, ( or person), did all of that cuz THEIR science disprooves that to them and is just somehow completly absurd to them. of course, im not trying to trash talk or put anyone down, just trying to even out the egg-"siders" and the chicken-"siders", but if anyone wants to DISCUSS this and not just blurt out stupid comments and can actually think and back themselves up WITHOUT childish insulting then click "quote" and start the discussion.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn
" i personally believe the chicken came first like i said. the egg argument is more of a straight forward answer for those who need to securly know how and why things are and they cant stand being told that an inanimate object, ( or person), did all of that cuz THEIR science disprooves that to them and is just somehow completly absurd to them. of course, im not trying to trash talk or put anyone down, just trying to even out the egg-"siders" and the chicken-"siders", but if anyone wants to DISCUSS this and not just blurt out stupid comments and can actually think and back themselves up WITHOUT childish insulting then click "quote" and start the discussion. "
so you dont think its possible at all that a Dinosaur laying an Egg or even any other creature that existed before a Chicken laying an Egg... proves for a fact that the Egg came before the Chicken ? 
oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:
" i personally believe the chicken came first like i said. the egg argument is more of a straight forward answer for those who need to securly know how and why things are and they cant stand being told that an inanimate object, ( or person), did all of that cuz THEIR science disprooves that to them and is just somehow completly absurd to them. of course, im not trying to trash talk or put anyone down, just trying to even out the egg-"siders" and the chicken-"siders", but if anyone wants to DISCUSS this and not just blurt out stupid comments and can actually think and back themselves up WITHOUT childish insulting then click "quote" and start the discussion. "
so you dont think its possible at all that a Dinosaur laying an Egg or even any other creature that existed before a Chicken laying an Egg... proves for a fact that the Egg came before the Chicken ?  "

no, dont get me wrong, i can understand that argument but where did the dino come from? depends on the dino also because some can also of been born naturally whole, and not in an egg. so if said dino was the 1st gen of soon to be chickens, would of that been the egg. exactly, no one REALLY and FULLY knows exactly, not me or anyone else. but  that doesnt mean that we can think about it and debate it, which is what we are both trying to do. Chicken first.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By King_Saturn
" @King Saturn said:
so you dont think its possible at all that a Dinosaur laying an Egg or even any other creature that existed before a Chicken laying an Egg... proves for a fact that the Egg came before the Chicken ?  "
no, dont get me wrong, i can understand that argument but where did the dino come from? depends on the dino also because some can also of been born naturally whole, and not in an egg. so if said dino was the 1st gen of soon to be chickens, would of that been the egg. exactly, no one REALLY and FULLY knows exactly, not me or anyone else. but  that doesnt mean that we can think about it and debate it, which is what we are both trying to do. Chicken first. "
but the question is not what came first the Egg or All Animals in General... its what came first The Chicken or the Egg... the Egg existed before the Chicken... because basically the Dinosaur layed Eggs before the Chicken really existed as we know it... 
oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:
no, dont get me wrong, i can understand that argument but where did the dino come from? depends on the dino also because some can also of been born naturally whole, and not in an egg. so if said dino was the 1st gen of soon to be chickens, would of that been the egg. exactly, no one REALLY and FULLY knows exactly, not me or anyone else. but  that doesnt mean that we can think about it and debate it, which is what we are both trying to do. Chicken first. "
but the question is not what came first the Egg or All Animals in General... its what came first The Chicken or the Egg... the Egg existed before the Chicken... because basically the Dinosaur layed Eggs before the Chicken really existed as we know it...  "

but that all still stands ONLY on the definition of what the chicken was back then because i doubt today's chickens and eggs could last a day in the dino's time.                                                                        

...Chicken...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" @King Saturn said:
I think the issue here is people taking "The chicken" to literally mean a chicken. really, for the question to function in it's intended purpose, one should instead ask whether the first ever member of the first ever egg laying species had itself hatched from an egg? When you think of it as just a chicken then you can actually say with a fairly high level of certainty that the egg came first. But since you are backing the chicken first side I am quite curious on your reasons?
oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say that the chicken came first because, well, my religious affiliation. and i know many will use that against me but it dont really care because its just a person's opinion of what came first. But also, it's not noted in the topic that only an egg laid by a chicken is considered a chicken egg, (if also only debating chickens and eggs), because if so, then a re-consideration of the original question suggests: The first chicken (which hatched from a non-chicken egg) laid the first chicken egg. In this case the chicken came before the chicken egg.
oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Do I have to give a name? said:
" @King Saturn said:
I think the issue here is people taking "The chicken" to literally mean a chicken. really, for the question to function in it's intended purpose, one should instead ask whether the first ever member of the first ever egg laying species had itself hatched from an egg? When you think of it as just a chicken then you can actually say with a fairly high level of certainty that the egg came first. But since you are backing the chicken first side I am quite curious on your reasons? "

I say that the chicken came first because, well, my religious affiliation. and i know many will use that against me but it dont really care because its just a person's opinion of what came first. But also, it's not noted in the topic that only an egg laid by a chicken is considered a chicken egg, (if also only debating chickens and eggs), because if so, then a re-consideration of the original question suggests: The first chicken (which hatched from a non-chicken egg) laid the first chicken egg. In this case the chicken came before the chicken egg.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Korg
" The first chicken (which hatched from a non-chicken egg) laid the first chicken egg. In this case the chicken came before the chicken egg. "
This is a pretty good answer. From an evolutionary standpoint, only the first actual "chicken" could lay an egg that would reliably produce another "chicken". The interesting question then becomes when did the rooster start to factor into things? The first chicken couldn't have had its eggs fertilized by a rooster that hatched from a chicken egg, after all. Biology is so wacky.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Knightly1
@Korg said:
" The first chicken (which hatched from a non-chicken egg) laid the first chicken egg. In this case the chicken came before the chicken egg. "
This is a pretty good answer. From an evolutionary standpoint, only the first actual "chicken" could lay an egg that would reliably produce another "chicken". The interesting question then becomes when did the rooster start to factor into things? The first chicken couldn't have had its eggs fertilized by a rooster that hatched from a chicken egg, after all. Biology is so wacky. "
It all depends how evolution took place. The first "chicken"(ancestor of modern chickens) may not have been born from an egg. They could have been born through means of a live birth. But ten eevolution eventually happened again and tthe chicken laid eggs as a means of survival or something. They may have originally given live births for all we know, but sine they are the closest to dinosaurs(which is bull; this spot should be taken by shark or crocodiles) we assume they laid eggs as well. I dunno.  The reason this question is interesting is for the openess it has within it. We dont know if the question is asking for the first chicken egg or egg in general. 
Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gene_Pool
@oNBAo OG Mike Hancho: not to argue with your religious beliefs concerning life (which i have no prob with), just I think we gotta remember that a chicken as we know it was not just suddenly created. The chicken evolved from other life forms and all that jazz. Seems a bit simplistic to say that a chicken was born from a non-chicken egg, and then laid the first chicken egg.

I also think that religion (Christian religion specifically I suppose) can coincide just fine with evolution's theory. Who's to say that God didn't create life, and didn't sit back and watch it evolve? Or maybe even had a hand in evolution.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Korg
@OblivionKnight said:
"The first "chicken"(ancestor of modern chickens) may not have been born from an egg. They could have been born through means of a live birth."
I find this pretty highly unlikely, given the evolutionary history of birds. 

@OblivionKnight said:
" We dont know if the question is asking for the first chicken egg or egg in general.  "
Yeah, I pointed that out at the top of this page.
gobstakid777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gobstakid777

Scientifically, the egg must have came first. The egg from which the first chicken hatched was bred from a lesser evolved animal 
Hah! I solved the mystery!

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By rbysjti

Chicken, how can an egg become a chicken when there's nobody to heat it up?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"

I say that the chicken came first because, well, my religious affiliation. and i know many will use that against me but it dont really care because its just a person's opinion of what came first. But also, it's not noted in the topic that only an egg laid by a chicken is considered a chicken egg, (if also only debating chickens and eggs), because if so, then a re-consideration of the original question suggests: The first chicken (which hatched from a non-chicken egg) laid the first chicken egg. In this case the chicken came before the chicken egg. "

Well personally I would consider an egg that hatches a chicken to be a chicken egg, whether it was laid by a chicken a sparrow or a giraffe. But I suppose that's open to interpretation. So, while I don't necessarily agree with your view, I won't go so far as to say it's wrong. And of course, as gene-pool pointed out, Evolution is such a gradual process that the divergence between modern chickens and their ancestors would of been indistinguishable over the course of just one generation. Which kind of makes the question redundant. Though When applied to eggs in general, it can be a pretty interesting topic. 

And on a (somewhat) related matter, I saw a story in the paper today about a cockerel changing into a hen after all the females in its's coop were killed by foxes, as well as finding this when I tried to search for it on google. Quite interesting and it throws even more uncertainty into this subject
Avatar image for wolverine_chick13
Wolverine_chick13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the rooster

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Constantine

the micro-organism came first

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By InnerVenom123

The egg came first..... but he said he was excited because it was his first time and it happens to a LOT of men!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol.