What are your opinion on usage and legalisation status of psychedelics?

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What are your opinion on usage and legalisation status of psychedelics? (10 votes)

They should be illegal and highly criminalised. They're very harmful. 20%
They should be illegal but decriminalised. They could still be dangerous but not crime worthy. 30%
They should be legal. I love them and they should be easily accessible in any amount. 20%
They should be legal but regulated and smartly distributed. 20%
Results. 10%

What are your opinion on psychedelics? I am talking specifically about LSD and Shrooms.

I'll just list out the details of how they really are. And whether there are any misconceptions linked to them.

First of all, yes they can absolutely be dangerous. Not because of overdosing but because they're powerful substances which if abused would surely cause psychosis. The good thing is that they don't have any addictive substances in them, so you can't get addicted to them like you get addicted to a cigarette for example. However people still "microdose" on them, which isn't a smart thing to do. These are powerful substances and your brain needs a break once you use them.

It's super irresponsible to drive after doing either of these drugs and if you actually try to drive on them you're not just a danger to yourself but everyone else on the road. However its highly unlikely anyone would actually try that. Another thing to add - they don't affect you physically in a any manner. Your physical condition doesn't detiorate due to these drugs. If you have a mental condition using these drugs is risky as they can make the disease more aggressive. They can also trigger psychosis in people who were prone to it.

Now as for effects - Both are hallucinogens which make the user feel extreme euphoria and see things. On higher doses you could see things that aren't there but normally these hallucinations are based on what's around you. Patterns emerge from everywhere and sometimes people make life changing realizations (Steve Jobs claims LSD changed his life which made him make the products he did). It could very well change a person as these drugs make you introspect. When used responsibly (don't go around driving etc on them) they can be lots on fun or like I said, life changing. Just like euphoria a person could also trigger negative emotions which won't be fun. If you're a new user you should have someone sober to sit with you just in case you have any negative thoughts to comfort you if you feel bad. On top of that the effects last for 10-12 hours. It's impossible to describe what actually happens on these drugs to a person who hasn't done them. I can write many paragraphs but I can never actually explain how they really are. It'd be like explaining color to a person who was born colorblind.

Personally I think they should be legal but carefully distributed. If people want them turn them into a prescription drug. FDA has already approved of using shrooms for therapy for people with depression (there's more to it than just doing the drug however).

What are your opinions on these drugs? I know there's many things around this topic and many people classify these drugs in the same category as cocaine or meth or heroin but I'd argue its because of lack of knowledge.

If you want them to be illegal however it's still a justified viewpoint as these are powerful substances. I do think that eventually drugs like these, which have no physical effects will be popular and used recreastionally pretty widely.

• 
Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final bump. I'm guessing people don't know enough about this topic so a discussion isn't possible.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah... No experience here. I am of the opinion that one should not take anything that alteres your senses, since our mind is the MOST valuable thing we have.

As for the poll, I fall between the first and second options. Ilegal + mildly criminalized, so to desencourage its use, but not so much as to screw the life of a guy that ate some 'shrooms

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are free to destroy their own lives however they see fit.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AbstractRaze

Those kind of illegal substances are likely to cause mental disorders, depression, many of them, like opioids, drive people outside their senses, therefore the concept of common sense is irrelevant to them, those putting other civilians at risk, because they aren't really aware of the consequences when consuming those substances, the concept of responsibility and prudence does not exist, therefore there is no trust and when a society can't trust this individual, then, this individual becomes a domestic threat.

Soon or later, this individual will lose the control of its life, won't be capable to discern by himself in a clear manner, during those phases of decay, it not only ends lethally for them, but it puts other civilians in danger.

It's proved that they don't help, they aren't any good generally, people which illegally sell those substances, should be sentenced to death, by hanging them properly, well maybe it's too harsh, but at least, the electric chair.

Singapore, a first world nation is winning the war against drugs and they have the death penalty against drug traffickers.

No Caption Provided

Regarding the March 2 news article “At opioids summit, Trump suggests executing dealers to help end crisis”:

Singapore is one of the few countries that have kept drug abuse under control. We take a clearheaded approach.

We invest significant efforts to prevent drug abuse. The government works closely with community groups, parents and teachers to educate youths and the general public on the harm and consequences of drug abuse. Drug abusers undergo compulsory rehabilitation programs to help them kick their drug habits. Upon release from rehabilitation centers, ex-abusers receive help to reintegrate into society. Tough laws and effective enforcement are a strong deterrent against drug sales and consumption. Stiff penalties punish those who disregard the law and deter others.

Singapore’s anti-drug strategy has worked well. Singapore has one of the lowest rates of drug abuse in the world: 30 opiates abusers per 100,000 people, compared with 600 in the United States. The U.S. opioid crisis has been declared a public-health emergency; 64,000 died from drug overdoses in the United States in 2016. In the 1990s, Singapore arrested more than 6,000 drug abusers annually. By 2016, this number had gone down to about 3,000.

Any suggestion that Singapore’s judicial process is “shrouded in secrecy and misinformation” is inaccurate. Cases are tried in open court and are reported. The death penalty is imposed only for the most serious offenses, including drug trafficking. Singapore does not take joy in the death penalty. But Singaporeans understand the need for it and strongly support it.

When expressing sympathy for drug traffickers, let us remember the immense harm drugs cause abusers and their families, especially children.

Loading Video...
SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drugs

Psychedelics

Good for you

Like healthy food

Sprinkle them on your morning toast

Fill your toothpaste tube with detura tea

Mushroom burger for your school lunch

LSD with jam and cream

It's all natural and gay

EICHHOLTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as you are doing them in your own private home and not bothering anyone or operating heavy machinery or a car go nuts.

have fun experience it in college, and then grow up and do it once every couple of years for special occasions. don't be a burn out loser, but try it out.