#1 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a new update for Shadow of War that drops tomorrow. I've been waiting for it for months. But now that it's dropping tomorrow it feels like tomorrow is taking longer to come around than the past month. Feels like the longest 24 hours of my life rn. I hate how when I anticipate things, the closer it gets, the farther it seems. 😂

Another thing I hate is how on weekends I can go damn near two days without sleep(I don't do it, but I can) no problem. But on week days when I have work/school my body all of a sudden has a midlife crisis and decides it wants more sleep even if I get 7 hours of sleep. It's like on Monday morning when I wake up, my mind is woke but my body's deceased. Wanting to sleep all day. But then when it's time to actually go to bed at 10:00 at my schedule my body is energetic and fully functional. Like wtf 😂

McDonald's and their f**king ice cream machine. Doesn't work for shit. Useless. May as well start serving people air from it for $1.99 because that's all it seems to pour most of the time. Have a cup of oxygen with some carbon dioxide whipped cream and a nitrogen straw. This is literally a problem every McDonald's has worldwide. How do y'all all have the same exact issue, it's like they all get their ice cream machines homemade from the same basement.

But yeh what's some or your little annoyances?

#2 Posted by Lan_Fan (8732 posts) - - Show Bio

School doesn't prepare me for my future, instead they teach irrelevant things.

#3 Posted by TonyMartial (6168 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Lan_Fan (8732 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by mrmonster (11713 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Agreed.

A lot of people seem to think high school would be better if we put more emphasis on things like calculus and chemistry, but I have a different view; I believe we need to put more emphasis on things like business, marketing, and finance.

Not every kid is going to college. Some kids just go straight from high school into the job market, a job market where knowing how to prepare a balance sheet or knowing how to advertise on Google (things I'm learning for the first time in college) is a lot more important than knowing sine-cosine-tangent, the parts of a cell, or why Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr had a duel.

In high school, they only offered me classes that prepared us for college. That's great for me since I am currently in college, but for my peers who are currently in the workforce, they aren't as prepared for the real world as they could have been if only high school just offered a few business classes.

#6 Posted by Chad_Duby (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

My friends screaming and running around me.

#7 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Agreed.

A lot of people seem to think high school would be better if we put more emphasis on things like calculus and chemistry, but I have a different view; I believe we need to put more emphasis on things like business, marketing, and finance.

Not every kid is going to college. Some kids just go straight from high school into the job market, a job market where knowing how to prepare a balance sheet or knowing how to advertise on Google (things I'm learning for the first time in college) is a lot more important than knowing sine-cosine-tangent, the parts of a cell, or why Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr had a duel.

In high school, they only offered me classes that prepared us for college. That's great for me since I am currently in college, but for my peers who are currently in the workforce, they aren't as prepared for the real world as they could have been if only high school just offered a few business classes.

That is so unsustainable it's borderline absurd. School is not just to prepare individuals for society, but to prepare them to improve society. Sure, it may be useful for the individual to know how to advertise on Google, but without such an emphasis on mathematics and science there would be no Google to advertise on.

#8 Posted by ValorKnight (11050 posts) - - Show Bio

Most people these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#9 Posted by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

A tiny army of mouses that stole all my Aztec gold.

#10 Posted by mrmonster (11713 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster said:
@lan_fan said:

Agreed.

That is so unsustainable it's borderline absurd. School is not just to prepare individuals for society, but to prepare them to improve society. Sure, it may be useful for the individual to know how to advertise on Google, but without such an emphasis on mathematics and science there would be no Google to advertise on.

I never said we need to cut math and science out of the curriculum completely, I said we need to also have business classes to prepare our youth for the business world.

Lots of people go into fields like engineering and STEM, and for them, we need math and science. But a lot of other kids don't, a lot of people go on to get regular office jobs; for them, we need to teach them what a statement of retained earnings is, and the 4 p's of the marketing mix.

I don't see why it has to be mutually exclusive. Why can't we teach kids math/science, and business? I don't see why so many people think it just has to be one or the other.

#11 Posted by Buckwheat (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

I didn't know you where in school age.

Good news: You have your whole life in front of you.

Bad news: If you are a dumbass you will turn your future self into an old dumbass.

Bonus tip: Read this: This is the one thing they don't teach in school that will help you a LOT in your professional life: LEARN HOW TO BE RICH

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#12 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (1746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:

Amen to that! Although I'm pretty sure we live in different countries so I don't really honestly know what y'all's schools are like or your curriculum.

#13 Posted by BruceRogers (16197 posts) - - Show Bio

Doorbells.

#14 Posted by Lan_Fan (8732 posts) - - Show Bio

@buckwheat: My grades are very good, actually hehehe

#15 Edited by Buckwheat (1931 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: My lowest grade my entire senior year was an 81. I feel like a boss cause in freshman and sophomore year I gave absolutely 0 shits about my grades, I was just messing around.

#17 Posted by Lan_Fan (8732 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: That's nice, I rarely study as well, but I'm quite gifted at solving problems.

#18 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#19 Posted by Shadowwaker (2436 posts) - - Show Bio

The awkwardness of touching. Somehow touching has become very awkward. It's like we weren't meant to touch at all. We've touched each other for years, but recently watching this cringe handshake video has left me pondering.

#20 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowwaker: idk where you live at but touching ain't awkward where I live at if you know the person

#21 Posted by juiceboks (24200 posts) - - Show Bio

When people who are significantly older than me speak as if they know better based solely on that fact.

Just because you have one foot in the grave doesn't mean you have a leg up on me in this debate.

#22 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks:

"2+2 is 4"

"No it isn't kid"

"Yeah it is it's a fact"

"I've seen world war 2 you sonofabetch, I've been multiplying my AK-47 magazines since before you were attached to your umbilical cord so of course I'd know 2+2 is 47"

"I passed my math class, did you pass yours?"

"IRRELEVANT"

#23 Posted by Snoppy_MoMo (717 posts) - - Show Bio

My little sister

Avatar image for deactivated-5b523b4174169
#24 Posted by deactivated-5b523b4174169 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it when people treat retail/fast food employees like garbage over stuff that is not their fault.

#25 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidblur: Lmao I worked as the cook in the kitchen when I worked at McDonald's so I never experienced the stuff the people in the front did. Lmao, they sometimes got grilled the hell out of because an order was taking too long or something.

#26 Posted by deactivated-5b523b4174169 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: When I was a cook the carhops always yelled at us and stuff because they took the order wrong.

One time of them came into the kitchen and tried to take over and it just didn't work out.

#27 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidblur: What I hated was when managers tried rushing us to go faster even though we were moving as fast as we could to get the 20+ burgers on the grill and made for the customers. Like mf I'm going my fastest wanna switch places? And what made it worse was I was pretty damn quick on the grill, they were just impatient.

#28 Edited by deactivated-5b523b4174169 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: After I became crew leader, during the happy hour rush, they would always call the rest of my crew, whether is was 3 or 4 people, to go help make drinks and take orders, leaving me alone with four stations during a rush. I would do well for about an about and then it would catch up with me, and once it did they would lay into me.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#29 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7004 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate nothing, too old for that sh!t.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#30 Posted by echostarlord117 (5348 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the time, people touching me actually bothers me. I don't like that it does, but it does.

#31 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate nothing, too old for that sh!t.

Dis boi too old to have emotions

#32 Edited by jonjizz (850 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever someone says "would of" instead of "would have". My hate burns way too much for this thing..... for some reason.

#33 Edited by jonjizz (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117 said:

Most of the time, people touching me actually bothers me. I don't like that it does, but it does.

do you react like.....

Loading Video...

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#34 Posted by echostarlord117 (5348 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonjizz: No, I would of if you were to touch me.

#35 Posted by jonjizz (850 posts) - - Show Bio