Avatar image for daredevilfan182
Daredevilfan182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Daredevilfan182

A few days ago when I went to the comicbook store to get The WatchMen book (which I didnt that day) This fat black guy with an egg head came to me outta now where and started talking about the Hulk. He asked me how I thought about the movie, Planet Hulk, World War Hulk, The Hasbro Action Figure Collection, etc. He followed me around the store. Listen man, this guy forced me to put down my Cable comic and flip throw Red Hulk #6. I brought my comic and got the F_CK OUTTA THERE. What are your guys stories?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Pania

Well...er, I am one of the weird people at my LCBS. When I go to pick up my books, I usually spend a couple hours hanging out and talking with the guys that work there and the regulars about comics....and other topics, but mostly about comics. I don't accost people I don't know but I do hang out and chat. It works out for them, because if someone comes in with an X-question they can just send them my way and I help them out (the guys that work there are, respectively, a Batman fan, a Avengers/Thor fan, and a Power Pack/Jack of Fables fan. Their X-Fu is weak).

I will say that when I started going there, one of the guys that worked at the store DID shove  a copy of one of Simone's Birds of Prey TPB in my hands and said if I didn't like it, he would give me my money back out of his own pocket. I came back next week and bought every Simons BoP TPB they had, so I didn't mind it so much.

I will also say that my LCBS is the stereotypical, cramped, badly maintained, haven't renovated a single thing (like the fake wood paneling and the wood shelves with ratty cardboard comic book boxes)  since they moved in 30 years ago, carpet looks like it's about to get up and shuffle out the door on it's own, old comic book shop. Truth is, if it wasn't for the guys that worked there, who are really nice and a lot of fun to chat with, I would feel pretty uncomfortable.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By pixelized

I walk in wearing a hat and oversized glasses, keep my head low and say nothing more than please and thank you.

cash transactions always.

SO inconspicuous 
Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Hagane Enna

It's more along the line of the massive amounts of guys who play Magic there and who, coincidentally, do NOT know what soap or bathing is.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chameleone

LMAO I put on a hoodie and make sure I'm not being followed. Not making eye contact with anyone, or speaking

Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Zora Arrow
Chameleone said:
"LMAO I put on a hoodie and make sure I'm not being followed. Not making eye contact with anyone, or speaking"
Ashamed of your Comic Love much?

I walk in and browse and ask where certain issues can be found and then fangirl over Anita Blake Issues and Hulk Posters :D
Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pania

Good lord, ladies.

Don't be ashamed of having a brain and enjoying something more stimulating than Cosmo and American Idol.

You are a FemGeek. Walk proud. 

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By T.J. Magnum

i really don't have stories which is odd cause they thought it was a good idea to put the store in the bad part of town.........figured something would happened by now.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hagane Enna
Pania said:
"Good lord, ladies.

Don't be ashamed of having a brain and enjoying something more stimulating than Cosmo and American Idol.

You are a FemGeek. Walk proud. "
FYI, I hate both of those things :-P  They rot your brains.  That being said, the weirdest it's gotten (stinky Magic boys aside) is when mental patients walk in from a nearby adult home and start debating why Mike doesn't have frozen mint Kit Kats.
Lord Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lord Marvel
Wishes there was any comic store around here v_v
Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pania

My store isn't in the best part of town either, but it is the only comic book store for 100 miles, so we get EVERYBODY in there. From college students like myself, to professors, punk kids, nice kids, to cops, to store managers, to CEO's, lawyers, real estate agents...you name it, I've talked about comics books with it in that store.

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Loaded Revolver

I don't have any problems at the comic shop...everyone at the local shop is pretty cool.And they hire alot of girls which you really don't see across America.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shaper
Chameleone said:
"LMAO I put on a hoodie and make sure I'm not being followed. Not making eye contact with anyone, or speaking"
I don't have to worry about that. The only comic shop isn't even in the place where I live. It's like at a town next to my. It's only a 10 (Maybe less) minute ride. The only thing I'm ashamed of is the amount of comics I have.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pixelized
Chameleone said:
You ripped mine. ]=

Pania
said:
"Good lord, ladies.

You are a FemGeek. Walk proud. "
ROFLMAO
Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zora Arrow

My store is smack dab in the middle of an Army town :D Its packed on friday nights and deserted during teh days. The Person behind the register is female and we talked about Dragon Con last time I was there. She was going and I was jealous xP

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hagane Enna

Well, hell, I know for a fact that I haven't ever seen another female in that store except for some kid's mom.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pania

I have seen a couple other woman at my shop that were there of their own voilition, but they are rare.

Zora Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zora Arrow

When I was at my LCBS The only girls in there were me and my friends

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Zora Arrow said:
I walk in and browse and ask where certain issues can be found and then fangirl over Anita Blake Issues and Hulk Posters :D"
Same except I fanboy over Moon Knight and Ghost Rider
Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Shaper
Hagane Enna said:
"Well, hell, I know for a fact that I haven't ever seen another female in that store except for some kid's mom."

Same here.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Perfect Cell

As long as the comic has Magneto, I'm happy. And No Fat man will take that away from unless he touches my Magneto comic I would crush him and blow him into the wind!

Leroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Leroy

The last time I was at the comic store there were a bunch of big body builder-looking guys standing around, and then a bolt of lightning came out of the sky and hit this one guy's crow bar, and they all started wrecking up the place until some dudes in their under ware showed up to stop them.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Resonate
pixelized said:
"I walk in wearing a hat and oversized glasses, keep my head low and say nothing more than please and thank you.
cash transactions always.

SO inconspicuous 
"
awesome
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized

i live, literally, less than 5 minutes away from a comicshop so i have to be all incognito

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Perfect Cell
Leroy said:
"The last time I was at the comic store there were a bunch of big body builder-looking guys standing around, and then a bolt of lightning came out of the sky and hit this one guy's crow bar, and they all started wrecking up the place until some dudes in their under ware showed up to stop them."

Was it Super Skrull? Becuase there was an investigation of a raid of a comic shop not too long ago.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn
I havent been to a comic book store in quite a while now... relying heavily on downloads