Was sexism the MAIN REASON why Hilary Clinton did not get elected as US president back in 2016?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was sexism the MAIN REASON why Hilary Clinton did not get elected as US president back in 2016? (29 votes)

Yes sexism is definitely the MAIN REASON why she lost the election to Donald Trump 24%
No sexism is not the MAIN REASON why she lost the election to Donald Trump 76%

For those who don't know their history, Hilary Clinton lost the 2016 US presidential election to Donald Trump. Donald Trump wasn't "suppose to win" but he did anyway and therefore Hilary did not get elected. Was sexism the MAIN REASON why she lost or was there another MAIN REASON perhaps in her character or her policies or other stuff?

• 
darkeryoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkeryoda: No idea. China is going to invade Taiwan and there's nothing we can do about it.

darkeryoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkeryoda: No idea. China is going to invade Taiwan and there's nothing we can do about it.

murica and all its children (NATO) should not interfere in other country's matters first of all

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkeryoda: I guess Russia will have to come to Taiwan's aid then.

darkeryoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkeryoda: I guess Russia will have to come to Taiwan's aid then.

taiwan can defend itself and asshole china would likely not invade taiwan directly

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By last0fth3risen

No, it wasn't the main reason. She just wasn't very popular, to say the least (though she still won the popular vote). Trump sold himself really well as an anti-establishment non-politician, which is what people thought they wanted in office at the time. He seemed like a breath of fresh air, in the midst of his stale, sam-y competition. He came in free of political baggage, unlike his opponent, which he used to the utmost in the debates. He appealed strongly to his base, with the MAGA slogan, promises to bring back manufacturing (a feat functionally impossible in actuality), and an eccentric, yet simple idea to stop immigration with, literally, a giant wall (that he would make Mexico pay for, with his excellent business skills). The undecided voters were drawn in by his blunt approach and charisma (which he, at the time, still possessed), and wanted to see what he would do. They have. And it wasn't worth it.

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope. Trump was just too popular (which is unfortunate).

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dshipp17

Well, less of a reason than her 2008 candidacy. It looks like the main reason that Clinton lose the 2016 election was due to third party candidates siphoning votes from her and interference by Russia, the extent to which isn't fully understood, which the Obama administration didn't take serious enough, where politics was also involved (e.g. Obama wouldn't convey important information to the Clinton campaign about Russian interference; but, then, literally made efforts to make Jill Stein look bad for being suspicious;, even the Clinton campaign engaged in such efforts, where the Obama administration wouldn't say that her concerns were founded, even though they were; it appears that Obama was trying to appear as if he had once again one upped Clinton, after 2008; but, Trump was so unpredictably a surprise that such ideas were blown out of the waters).

But, during the 2008 campaign, yes, sexism was a main reason; I was surprised to hear someone that I was working with, at the time, so causally say that he wouldn't vote for Clinton, because she was a woman, where the rest of the group , nearly all men, just casually agreed with him; this shocked me and implanted a long term memory within me, that men still processed that way (e.g. and it was actually near Seattle, in Kent, WA).

Trump was certainly strategic and smart; once there, Trump was incredibly innovative as the president, even though I would disagree with many things he did; he definitely earned his popularly with his supporters, as he zealously had their back. Essentially, were it not for these factors, including sexism, she would have won big; the way they defamed her character gives the impression that she wasn't popular; I really empathize with this, because I can relate, given how defamation has and is being used to defame my professional character. I've found nothing to actually substantiate these so called issues with her except a secret service agent describing how she was towards a man in a private moment, while first lady.

PenguinBegins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Trump was a revolutionary, dynamic figure in politics who had a clear message that resonated with people. Hillary Clinton was an unexciting, establishment Washington DC neocon/neoliberal politician, the type that has been around for decades. and her message was unclear.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Russia thing was debunked?

GilbertShiesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hillary was the worse option imo

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it has something to do with her emails, Benghazi attack or very strict liberal policies

ImpossibleImpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two things happened,

ONE She lost the debate, ok it was on tv but NOBODY watches news media like Fox and CNN anymore...but a lot of Liberal Democrats do not like Hillary and Trump did not debate the old respectful way and Trump threw her off speech she was caught by what he would accuse and state

and she already pissed off Liberals and Libertarians and back stabbed Sanders voters,

Trump mentioned Epstein's pedo island on Live-tv and Libya and all the other corrupted shit was going on putting doubts in people's minds....people were not sure about Libya or a human trafficking conspiracy but now in more recent years, these conspiracy are real with arrested and a pedo Prince Andrew the public in their gut knew something was up and now they are started to see it...Epstein had blackmail on Republican & Democrat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TWO

She spazzed out, had a 404 error and had to be chucked into a back of a car

American's in general do not respect weakness, she look physically ill

She looked like her body was ill or weak

No Caption Provided

TheVampHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Trump won fair and square.

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She was and still is pretty unpopular. She also ran a terrible campaign and probably thought her victory was a sure thing until it wasn't. Post election she somehow managed to find a way to blame everyone but herself for her loss.

Trump meanwhile made a lot of bizarre statements that would have outright ended a politician's career in more reasonable times. But he managed to create that cult of personality that would follow him through hell and back. He also made a lot of BS populistic promises that really didn't come to pass chipping away at undecided voters or people who imagined he'd be different from the standard Republican. Then there's the Electoral College doing what it does, securing elections for candidates who manage to lose the popular vote.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes. It was equal with other reasons though. James Comey, Russian interference (thankfully we fixed everything to have the cleanest most legit election ever), and the low information deplorables. Also, Trump being the evil dictator nazi he is likely went down to the crossroads and made a deal with the Devil.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It played an issue, but it was not the main reason!

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sexism played no part.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not think so. I think the main reason was Hilary Clinton was not very likable to even a lot of Democratic Supporters. I mean you would see celebrities left and right trying to buffer support for her and yet people was like... I don't know about this.

enviid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She won by the popular vote so I don't see how sexism is a reason in any capacity. Trump won because more people voted red than blue that year, forget his pandering to populism and forget his gender.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't the main part

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enviid said:

She won by the popular vote so I don't see how sexism is a reason in any capacity. Trump won because more people voted red than blue that year, forget his pandering to populism and forget his gender.