War with Korea and China possible?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-missile-icbm-pentagon-trump-not-seen-before-a7825541.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/north-korea-icbm-us-china/index.html

Due to the recent successful on a ICBM for North Korea, South China Sea disputes with our Navy, and the simple fact many experts feel China is directly helping their smaller ally, what do you think will happen next few years as things are going?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/20/north-korea-nuclear-missile-could-it-hit-california-trump

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/north-korea-threatens-nuclear-war-10201991

North Korea stated they want to nuke the US outright. Thoughts?

Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hasn't Korea threatened to bomb the US before? Tensions are rising, but I'm not sure if this'll lead to war just yet.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Well North Korea and the United States are both run by complete man-child idiots so...

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

North Korea, yes although all we have to do is make sure they are the ones to start it, and china won't help. Won't be a long war then

China and US are on OK terms. I don't see war happening there

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think China would be willing to back North Korea (which they have influence on, but no real control), over peaceful relations and trade with the US or it's allies.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wolfrazer  Online

Why is China even doing anything with NK? Like what do they possibly have that China wants/needs anyway, when their country is ***?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clamps said:

Hasn't Korea threatened to bomb the US before? Tensions are rising, but I'm not sure if this'll lead to war just yet.

Yes, but only last few days NK gain the means to do it. Their missiles are able to reach Hawaii and Alaska at this stage.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sirfizzwhizz:

Im from Guam, a US territory in the region, and it would suck if NK launched a ICM.

China doesnt really have to do anything. They are our 2 on who we owe debt. China PM has to say, why do we have to do anything- you know how much money you owe us???

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

China wouldn't dare fight the U.S. over North Korea. They basically already admitted that NK is asking for it and with the U.S. as it's biggest trading partner, yeah I don't see that happening. China would fold towards our side in such an event, we offer them way more than N.K. Who currently isn't even able to trade with them. They only act in that manner since they live right next to them.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

Im from Guam, a US territory in the region, and it would suck if NK launched a ICM.

China doesnt really have to do anything. They are our 2 on who we owe debt. China PM has to say, why do we have to do anything- you know how much money you owe us???

On the same token, we are China's largest supplier of money, work, and few other resources. Not to mention China has already paid for huge chunks of sea coast for shipping purposes around the world. I hardly think they be happy we would fall, at least fall in one go. They too would collapse. Its why the money debt thing is never brought up I suspect,

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mimisalome

Technically South Korea and North Korea is still at war (since Korean War only ended up as an armistice). This would make their military allies (USA for South and China for North) also at war against each other. Practically we know that is not the case.

I doubt China will sacrifice their current position for a major war with the US over North Korea. This is specially so considering that North Korea is violating UN sanction (which China is a part off) not just because US and South Korea dont like Kim playing with his toys. So joining North Korea is pretty much antagoizing the rest of the world (or at the very least the majority of UN members)

The most China will do is to encourage the party to the negotiation table with the goal of maintaining the current status quo. However, China defending North Korea is becoming harder and harder due to Kims unilateral intention to violate the UN sanction.

China will obviously lose a strategic ally in the region if North Korea falls. They will probably use the opportunity to seize their elsewhere assets (South China Sea and most importantly Taiwan) while the US is distracted.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is China even doing anything with NK? Like what do they possibly have that China wants/needs anyway, when their country is ***?

Because if North Korea collapses and is absorbed into South Korea then that means the US will be right on China's doorstep, whereas North Korea acts as a buffer right now between the two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

War with NK is possible, since both countries are ran by idiots.

With China not so much.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It wouldn't bother me if I didn't know we'll be first in line to join our American allies

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

North Korea, yes although all we have to do is make sure they are the ones to start it, and china won't help. Won't be a long war then

China isn't going to be ok with us going after North Korea which is so close to them. That alone might spring some kind of action. Worse the moment we do something NK will let loose all those missiles against South Korea. The whole thing is a lose-lose cluster frack.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible China might initiate the stomping of NK, if NK pulls some missile craziness.

greenarrow5476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By greenarrow5476

Not likely if that happens Seoul would get leveled and Tokyo can get hit with regular missiles to.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@decaf_wizard said:

China isn't going to be ok with us going after North Korea which is so close to them. That alone might spring some kind of action. Worse the moment we do something NK will let loose all those missiles against South Korea. The whole thing is a lose-lose cluster frack.

Im rather sure they outright stated they wouldn't assist in a SK initiated war against the US

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spambot

Of course its possible. I think it would require some serious missteps by both the us and China though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, time to go take a look at the prices of those nuclear bunkers.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not, I don't want to be involved in this kind of thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-missile-icbm-pentagon-trump-not-seen-before-a7825541.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/north-korea-icbm-us-china/index.html

Due to the recent successful on a ICBM for North Korea, South China Sea disputes with our Navy, and the simple fact many experts feel China is directly helping their smaller ally, what do you think will happen next few years as things are going?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/20/north-korea-nuclear-missile-could-it-hit-california-trump

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/north-korea-threatens-nuclear-war-10201991

North Korea stated they want to nuke the US outright. Thoughts?

I think when they find a stool large enough for Kim Jong un to stand on so he can reach that red button then there may be pause for concern.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

obviously, it wouldnt extend to china though

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AbstractRaze

China's economy dances under the U.S and Europe's acceptance, they're China's main client, now, it's not that U.S and Europe pays China through a conventional way, rather they pay China through treasury-checks in order to prevent an emerging power that can get out of control, those treasury-checks are only valid at the time of trading with the U.S or Europe, those treasury-checks are not valid at the time of trading with any other nation or private institution than rather with the previous American or European institution which gave such treasury-checks to the Chinese institution, of this way the West-Powers have the absolute control of China's economy, it's said that if China reveals against the West-Powers, all those treasury checks would become invalid and send China to an eternal bankrupt in less than 2 weeks, this would ofc harm the U.S and Europe, but they would survive it with none difficulties.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it never happens despite of the fact we live in a cruel world.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

China's economy dances under the U.S and Europe's acceptance, they're China's main client, now, it's not that U.S and Europe pays China through a conventional way, rather they pay China through treasury-checks in order to prevent an emerging power that can get out of control, those treasury-checks are only valid at the time of trading with the U.S or Europe, those treasury-checks are not valid at the time of trading with any other nation or private institution than rather with the previous American or European institution which gave such treasury-checks to the Chinese institution, of this way the West-Powers have the absolute control of China's economy, it's said that if China reveals against the West-Powers, all those treasury checks would become invalid and send China to an eternal bankrupt in less than 2 weeks, this would ofc harm the U.S and Europe, but they would survive it with none difficulties.

Interesting if true.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remind me when you guys finished war in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is NK threatening the U.S.? They'll get stomped, lmfao.

Dunno why China would support Korea, though. Perhaps it's a way to get at the U.S.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@thesithmaster: China does not want an American presence directly on their border. That's why the helped the North Koreans during the previous Korean War, however modern China is different in many ways from Mao's China of the 1950's. War between the superpowers is bad for business and neither would gain anything in both the short or long run.