Virtua Fighter 5

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

Well, for those that have played the game, how do you feel about it?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Haven't played it yet, but i played VF4 evo a lot. VF is a great series, but the characters are a bit too boring for me. Except Goh, he's badass.

iwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By iwan

I haven't played it yet, but i liked 4. Haven't played it for a long time though.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

This game pwns. And, it will be the best fighting game until Tekken 6 comes out. The only things I don't like about this game are the voice overs and the lame commentary. I wish the game had Japanese voice overs for all of the fighters.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"This game pwns. And, it will be the best fighting gameuntil Tekken 6 comes out. The only things I don't like about this gameare the voice overs and the lame commentary. I wish the game hadJapanese voice overs for all of the fighters."

Japanese voice overs suck.I don't want to hear Black,White, or Spanish

people speaking japanese.I don't care where the game was made.VF has

always had cheezy voice overs, remember "what a knucklehead!"? That

used to be Lion win quote and although it sounded bad, it was still

better that he said it in english and sounded like he was actually

someone who speaks english.Not these 2-D fighter voice overs where it's

clearly a japanese person trying to speak english.That's more annoying

then cheezy voice overs."

Not to me, homie. I would rather hear fluent Japanese voice overs for different races of characters than to have them speak English, but sound like complete dumb@$$es at the same time. And not only that, not all of the characters are American. Brad is from Spain, so why is he even speaking English in the first place? He's a Spaniard. The same goes for El Blaze (Mexican) and Lion (French). If they can't get decent American voice overs, or fluent languages for their nationality (which is kinda rare for a fighting game), they should mask over their voices with fluent Japanese like every other fighting game does.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

But, no one has good American voice overs in the game. Everyone is foreign besides Vanessa, Jacky, and Sarah. These guys are American. Jeffry is Austrailian, and Wolf is Canadian. All these guys speak English, because they are from English speaking countries. El Blaze, Lion, and Brad are foreigners, but speak fluent English? That doesn't make sense either. And, Lei-Fei, Shun, Lau, Pai, and Eileen are all Chinese, but speak Japanese in the game, like Kage, Akira, Aoi, Goh, who are all from Japan. So why can't everyone else speak Japanese? The game is from Japan itself. They would have at least had an option to change the voices.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"But, no one has good American voice overs in the game. Everyone is foreign besides Vanessa, Jacky, and Sarah. These guys are American. Jeffry is Austrailian, and Wolf is Canadian. All these guys speak English, because they are from English speaking countries. El Blaze, Lion, and Brad are foreigners, but speak fluent English? That doesn't make sense either. And, Lei-Fei, Shun, Lau, Pai, and Eileen are all Chinese, but speak Japanese in the game, like Kage, Akira, Aoi, Goh, who are all from Japan. So why can't everyone else speak Japanese? The game is from Japan itself. They would have at least had an option to change the voices. "
There are two chinese characters and I don't think Chinese players will be too happy that there people are speaking japanese.Even in a video game."
I have to agree with Python on this. I know if a character was supposed to be one who spoke in an African language, but when his lips move japanese comes out. Unh Unh, I would be like, "WHAT THE FRICK!" LOL. P.S. I LLOOVVEE Sarah.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"But, no one has good American voice overs in the game.Everyone is foreign besides Vanessa, Jacky, and Sarah. These guys areAmerican. Jeffry is Austrailian, and Wolf is Canadian. All these guysspeak English, because they are from English speaking countries. ElBlaze, Lion, and Brad are foreigners, but speak fluent English? Thatdoesn't make sense either. And, Lei-Fei, Shun, Lau, Pai, and Eileen areall Chinese, but speak Japanese in the game, like Kage, Akira, Aoi,Goh, who are all from Japan. So why can't everyone else speak Japanese?The game is from Japan itself. They would have at least had an optionto change the voices. "

There are two chinese characters and I don't think Chinese players will

be too happy that there people are speaking japanese.Even in a video

game."

There's five Chinese characters that speak Japanese in the game. The five I just listed... Better voice acting would be nice, but I wouldn't mind Japanese either. I'm used to hearing it anyway, cuz all the animes I watch are in Japanese with subtitles.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"But, no one has good American voice overs in the game.Everyone is foreign besides Vanessa, Jacky, and Sarah. These guys areAmerican. Jeffry is Austrailian, and Wolf is Canadian. All these guysspeak English, because they are from English speaking countries. ElBlaze, Lion, and Brad are foreigners, but speak fluent English? Thatdoesn't make sense either. And, Lei-Fei, Shun, Lau, Pai, and Eileen areall Chinese, but speak Japanese in the game, like Kage, Akira, Aoi,Goh, who are all from Japan. So why can't everyone else speak Japanese?The game is from Japan itself. They would have at least had an optionto change the voices. "
There are two chinese charactersand I don't think Chinese players will be too happy that there peopleare speaking japanese.Even in a video game."
There's fiveChinese characters that speak Japanese in the game. The five I justlisted... Better voice acting would be nice, but I wouldn't mindJapanese either. I'm used to hearing it anyway, cuz all the animes Iwatch are in Japanese with subtitles. "

Your right there is more than two Chinese characters.Either way I would

just rather they shoot for good voice over period instead of

Japanese.I'm tired of American games with Jap voice overs.I too it in

DOA and I've had it, I don't understand Japanese and I have had it with

the language.I have also had it with voice overs from japanese people

pretending to speak english.Either get good voice actors or nothing at

all."

Virtua Fighter 5 is not an American game. It's originally Japanese. There are plenty of Japanese games that have had the option for you to switch the languages, like Tekken 5, Devil May Cry 3, all of the DBZ Budokai games, etc., etc... I just like the way the language sounds. And if I had the option to swtich fluent Japanese with bad American voice overs, then I'll do it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
There are two chinese charactersand I don't think Chinese players will be too happy that there peopleare speaking japanese.Even in a video game."
There's fiveChinese characters that speak Japanese in the game. The five I justlisted... Better voice acting would be nice, but I wouldn't mindJapanese either. I'm used to hearing it anyway, cuz all the animes Iwatch are in Japanese with subtitles. "
Your right there ismore than two Chinese characters.Either way I would just rather theyshoot for good voice over period instead of Japanese.I'm tired ofAmerican games with Jap voice overs.I too it in DOA and I've had it, Idon't understand Japanese and I have had it with the language.I havealso had it with voice overs from japanese people pretending to speakenglish.Either get good voice actors or nothing at all."
VirtuaFighter 5 is not an American game. It's originally Japanese. There areplenty of Japanese games that have had the option for you to switch thelanguages, like Tekken 5, Devil May Cry 3, all of the DBZ Budokaigames, etc., etc... I just like the way the language sounds. And if Ihad the option to swtich fluent Japanese with bad American voice overs,then I'll do it."

Yea ok, but there is an American Version.I don't like hearing people

who are clearly not japanese speaking japanese on games.Anime and games

based on Anime is fine but..on games I hate it."

Well, what about Ken from Street Fighter? You don't the fact that he speak Japanese in the game by default, when he's American? LOL.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
Your right there ismore than two Chinese characters.Either way I would just rather theyshoot for good voice over period instead of Japanese.I'm tired ofAmerican games with Jap voice overs.I too it in DOA and I've had it, Idon't understand Japanese and I have had it with the language.I havealso had it with voice overs from japanese people pretending to speakenglish.Either get good voice actors or nothing at all."
VirtuaFighter 5 is not an American game. It's originally Japanese. There areplenty of Japanese games that have had the option for you to switch thelanguages, like Tekken 5, Devil May Cry 3, all of the DBZ Budokaigames, etc., etc... I just like the way the language sounds. And if Ihad the option to swtich fluent Japanese with bad American voice overs,then I'll do it."
Yea ok, but there is an AmericanVersion.I don't like hearing people who are clearly not japanesespeaking japanese on games.Anime and games based on Anime is finebut..on games I hate it."
Well, what about Ken from StreetFighter? You don't the fact that he speak Japanese in the game bydefault, when he's American? LOL."

Ken is 3/4 Japanese and he trained in Japan.The voices got better over

time in SF.Cammy sound pretty good.All the voices on SF3 were

perfect.even Alex, he had a New York accent even.That's the type of

voice work we need."

I Agree...