Vertigo characters in Injustice: Gods Among Us?

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

From what I here it's the mainstream DC characters, but I don't see why others can't be in it. Jesse Custer, Dr Manhatten, Swamp Thing, V, Rorshach, the Sandman, Saint of Killers...Maybe not as the main story, but later DLC or something?

(Though some Verdigo series have their own universe that isn't shared by anyone).

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lillion1

Because they are far too powerful. Imagine Lucifer Morningstar vs Superman/Batman.

The weaker once perhaps, but Vertigo is mostly more mature and many of them are gods among gods (The Endless, powerful demons or angels, ancient gods etc). Hell, as I remember correctly Dr Manhattan had unlimited power. So if you were to add in some of the weaker ones, you would have to add in these as well and the story wouldnt make much sense anymore. Also I doubt many of these characters would even care about what happens on one earth in the multiverse.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

I could easier see Rorschach making an appearance. Maybe even Constantine.

Though what I want is the Corinthian... imagine the possibilities.

No Caption Provided

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lillion1 said:

Because they are far too powerful. Imagine Lucifer Morningstar vs Superman/Batman.

The weaker once perhaps, but Vertigo is mostly more mature and many of them are gods among gods (The Endless, powerful demons or angels, ancient gods etc). Hell, as I remember correctly Dr Manhattan had unlimited power. So if you were to add in some of the weaker ones, you would have to add in these as well and the story wouldnt make much sense anymore. Also I doubt many of these characters would even care about what happens on one earth in the multiverse.

if they are too powerful why did they put batman in the game huh he can stomp them all and yet he's in the game

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lillion1

@lettsplay10:

Because he is Batman. He beat Superman couple of times without those pills. So with pills things should be equal.

Right, not everybody read the comics (or watched comicstorian). Basically in the story the non superpower humans created with help of Lex Luthor a pill that gives them equal strength to Superman. So battles become skill matchups instead.

Sups is as powerfull (or almost equal in strength) as being like Darkseid etc.

But in no way is he equal to being like Lucifer, Dr. Manhattan, the Endless or other similar createrus. They are beings that can change the rules of the universe, so a battle between them would no longer be a battle for Earth but for the entire Universe. Hell, in stories they are only equal to themselves and some of them even oppose the Presence, who created the DC universe in the first place.

So if you added 1 vertigo character you would have to add them as well, since the stories of them are intertwined. Then you would have to add another pill or plotpoint to explain how weaklings like Superman, Braniac etc could possibly beat creatures like Lucifer, the Endless etc. By then we would basically have Dragonball while the characters like Batman etc would lose all charm they have.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lettsplay10

@lillion1 said:

@lettsplay10:

Because he is Batman. He beat Superman couple of times without those pills. So with pills things should be equal.

Right, not everybody read the comics (or watched comicstorian). Basically in the story the non superpower humans created with help of Lex Luthor a pill that gives them equal strength to Superman. So battles become skill matchups instead.

Sups is as powerfull (or almost equal in strength) as being like Darkseid etc.

But in no way is he equal to being like Lucifer, Dr. Manhattan, the Endless or other similar createrus. They are beings that can change the rules of the universe, so a battle between them would no longer be a battle for Earth but for the entire Universe.

So if you added 1 vertigo character you would have to add them as well, since the stories of them are intertwined. Then you would have to add another pill or plotpoint to explain how weaklings like Superman, Braniac etc could possibly beat creatures like Lucifer, the Endless etc. By then we would basically have Dragonball while the characters like Batman etc would lose all charm they have.

How about Batman with Prep

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lillion1

@lettsplay10:

Bats now both has prep, and the make me as strong as superman pills, so yes in the Injustice story it makes sense he can fight and win against superman

The only character that could make an appearance in my oppinion is Constantine, but he doesnt fight, he tricks and deceives. Don't see how tricking demons could become a part of a fighting game. Also in the comic Trigon, and Zeus etc did kinda get involved, then something happened and they left, which explains their absence

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lillion1 said:

@lettsplay10:

Bats now both has prep, and the make me as strong as superman pills, so yes in the Injustice story it makes sense he can fight and win against superman

How about Bats prepping against Lucifer

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Yassassin

Swamp Thing, Constantine, and Animal Man could fit, but most of them just don't. What the hell would Yorick's special be? Throw his monkey at you and run?

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lillion1

@lettsplay10:

Dude, you trolling I know. Still gonna answer for fun.

1) Bats prepares against Lucifer.

2) Lucifer comes and fight starts.

3) First move Lucifer- changes reality so that Batman never existed

4) Profit

You can change Lucifer with every big Vertigo character btw, they all have powers that OP doesnt even come close to describing.

For instance Dream

3) Dump Batman into a dream prison he can never escape from.

Now that I think about it, what if we all are living in a dream Morpheus created. What if we can't even wake up from this dream.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lillion1: But how can Lucifer beat bats with prep i mean he literally preps Lucifer and Michael out of existence stop lowballing

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

My dream is Constantine being an Injustice DLC.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: How will he fight?

Make a contract with a demon to do the fighting for him?

Smoke his opponent to death?

Create a magic circle during the battle to trap his opponent?

Though honestly, he was a part of the Injustice Comics, where he cheated everyone (like both the faction of Bruce and Sups) and ran of with his daughter. Probably he is currently laughing his ass of thinking about the morons that managed to screw up that planet the way they did

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@lillion1 said:

@the_red_viper: How will he fight?

Make a contract with a demon to do the fighting for him?

Smoke his opponent to death?

Create a magic circle during the battle to trap his opponent?

He's a sorcerer. If Zatanna can be in the game, so can Constantine. It would be a battle with magic circles. Maybe his super move can involve making a contract with a demon.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Small problem. I have never seen him battle in Hellblaze. He tricks, deceives etc. Even when he tricked both factions in the comics he never did any of the fighting. He was the manipulator. So what skills? Make him a Copy of Zatana (who is seen in magical battles)?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@lillion1 said:

@jedixman: Small problem. I have never seen him battle in Hellblaze. He tricks, deceives etc. Even when he tricked both factions in the comics he never did any of the fighting. He was the manipulator. So what skills? Make him a Copy of Zatana (who is seen in magical battles)?

Actually, it might be interesting to make him a summoner, like Zod. Have his attacks involve amp and "companion" management. Perhaps he could also have a "mimic" ability like Shinnok (imposter) in MKX where he gains certain abilities from whoever he's fighting, or like Quan Chi (summoner). He would be weak without the amps, but with them, he can gain attributes like reduced damage, increased damage, healing, etc. You could have defensive abilities like Raven's shield, illusions, teleportations summon portals to cast ranged zoning attacks, etc.

He has possibilities.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That could work actually.

He did summon Trigon.

Summoning lesser demons could be an interesting gimmick. And him being there would be the only Vertigo character I know of that would not immediately force other more powerful ones to join Injustice as well. After all he is a part of the story already

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@lillion1: He did use some offensive magic in his New 52 solo run. He has more than enough possibilities. Amd like JediXMan said, if Zatanna is a playable character, then he can be too.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JediXMan  Moderator
@lillion1 said:

That could work actually.

He did summon Trigon.

Summoning lesser demons could be an interesting gimmick. And him being there would be the only Vertigo character I know of that would not immediately force other more powerful ones to join Injustice as well. After all he is a part of the story already

And he summoned Etrigan in the JL Dark movie.

I don't want him to do that, though, since I want Etrigan to actually be a playable character.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Magic especially Vertigo-style magic is very hard to depict in a standard fighting game.