Unskilled ripped guy VS Thin but learned several martial arts master.

• 77 results
CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Unskilled ripped guy VS Thin but learned several martial arts master. (63 votes)

Ripped guy. 33%
Master. 67%

Ripped guy weight 200pound height 1.85

Master weight 150pound height 1.78

Who can win?

• 
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Size matters in real life.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The master learned karate,boxing,Jiu-Jitsu.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tempted to say the master but size and strength are key factors in a real life fight.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in movies martial artist will win.

in real life ripped dude destroys.

ALL martial arts require physical fitness exactly because to spar, grapple, throw or block punches and kicks... you need physical strength. Skill gap matters between two guys in the same weight class. If weight class is severely out of balance the chances of a skinny guy beating someone twice his size are very small. Definitely below 5/10.

Ripped guy wins.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unskilled guy is unskilled. This is a stalemate or he loses.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Either.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way, really

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xy said:

Unskilled guy is unskilled. This is a stalemate or he loses.

Dont need skill to knock someone out in real life

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alavanka

Any bjj purple belt would tap someone untrained in grappling, unless the size difference was like 110lbs vs 250lbs. 150lbs guys tap 210+lbs literally every single night all across the world. I'd actually say blues too, but some schools have soft blues. No school has soft purples.

Loading Video...

The black belt in this video is actually really outdated. Modern grapplers, especially those who train for MMA, would rip him apart. Even still, you see the guy stuff all the strikes and reverse at will. The body builder doesn't even have a clue what is going on.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alextheboss  Online

@lan_fan said:

Size matters in real life.

tempted to say the master but size and strength are key factors in a real life fight.

I agree, but I'm not sure if this a big enough of a size gap to make up for the skill difference. Now it also depends if this martial arts master truly knows how to fight like a ucf fighter, or if he is more like a kung fu guy that isn't practical. If a guy who is 150 lbs is a legit fighter, he would almost definitely take the majority over a guy 200lbs who knows nothing of fighting. If it's a kung fu guy or something then the bigger guy can tackle him and the martial art guy won't know what to do.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s a video on YouTube of a similar fight

Some bodybuilder vs a much lighter trained fighter and the fighter wins

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 krisbishop  Moderator

That size difference isn't that big. We're not talking like a 200cm/120kg dude against a 140cm/45kg dude.

The martial arts master wins hands down, no contest.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator
@miekskywalker said:

There’s a video on YouTube of a similar fight

Some bodybuilder vs a much lighter trained fighter and the fighter wins

I saw that video before too.

And their size difference was wayyyy bigger than the difference stated in the OP.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the martial art is anything other than BJJ the ripoed guy probably wins.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ripped guy stomps.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Even boxing? I doubt the ripped guy would be able to deal with someone who has much better footwork who can land a ton more hits

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By green_skaar

Being ripped barely matters in any combat sport/martial art. I don't know where this idea that being ripped = fight master. Technique and speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> strength. The only time strength matters in the slightest is when skill is equal, than it can be a tie breaker, otherwise being ripped often results in shitty cardio.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The master will win most of the time and in this case probably almost every single time, because the size difference is not wide here.

I don’t wanna offend anybody, but the people that are writing „ripped guy stomps or wins easily“ have no idea what they are talking about.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conclusion : Ripped guy only wins in a bodybuilding show

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The skilled guy. Skill is more important in a fight than raw strength.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fighter wins, borderline stomp

Big dude has a chance if he bullrushes and manages to grab the fighter, then slam him. But he has to able to absorb some strikes first

Fighter 8/10, and its a stomp either direction

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Paytience

@stormdriven: heres the thing about boxing and their footwork fallacy...have you ever seen a boxing match where a clinch didnt occur? No. Because even in a sport where the clinch is actively avoided and rules and a ref are their to help mitigate grabbing...the clinch still happens.

Boxing doesnt teach you how to avoid the clinch. Grappling does...boxers who think they can, end up getting mauled. If you're a boxer going up against a larger, athletic explosive guy? Well...weight classes exist for a reason, and it isnt to help the bigger guy, I promise.

A boxer could land a ko blow, but its honestly, 50/50 and those are not good odds in a fight.

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Even lesser skill can allow you to win if you land a big hit

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in movies martial artist will win.

in real life ripped dude destroys.

ALL martial arts require physical fitness exactly because to spar, grapple, throw or block punches and kicks... you need physical strength. Skill gap matters between two guys in the same weight class. If weight class is severely out of balance the chances of a skinny guy beating someone twice his size are very small. Definitely below 5/10.

Ripped guy wins.

No offense but this is bullshit

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Zetsu-San

Thin =/= weak. If he's learned multiple martial arts, then he clearly has an athletic build and the sufficient strength levels necessary to compete in a fight.

Being ripped doesn't necessarily mean you're body is conditioned for combat.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: Two things.

1. This guy is literally the strongest guy in the world, he won the title 5 times in a row. Don't you see any problem with basing your argument on such an extreme example?
  2. This guy was not "unskilled" like the OP explained, he's actually a seasoned MMA fighter.
Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Size doesn't count for shit if you can't fight! The martial arts master stomps!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what fighting styles the smaller guy mastered. If it's just something like karate or tae kwon do, then he'd likely get his ass kicked.

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aka_aka_aka_ak

Size does matter but that "ripped guy", 200lbs at 1.85? That's not very big at all, hardly an advantage. If the ripped guy was like >240lbs then that's enough of a size advantage that I'd say he would win more often than not. It depends on body fat percentage, since you've said "ripped" I am assuming you mean about 10% body fat. Even a 10% body fat, 240lb at 1.85m (which is pretty huge) may be functionally weak.

@jashugan whilst I agree it's worth mentioning that Mariusz Pudzianowski is not just the former WSM, he's also a professional MMA fighter, so it's untrue to say he's unskilled (not that you did)

jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: He's not the strongest guy anymore, but he does have a significant size advantage and strength advantage.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be like if me & my brother fought, he's got well over 60lbs on me & he can beat me at arm wrestling but I'll beat him in a fight 100% of the time because I practice martial arts & all my brother does is lifts weights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring it on

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what fighting styles the smaller guy mastered. If it's just something like karate or tae kwon do, then he'd likely get his ass kicked.

Is that a knock on Karate? I agree that a Taekwondo fighter would likely get his ass kicked by most people but many styles of Karate were developed for taking on much larger opponents than ones self, some are even considered so called "soft styles" were physical strength & striking power are secondary.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

Is that a knock on Karate? I agree that a Taekwondo fighter would likely get his ass kicked by most people but many styles of Karate were developed for taking on much larger opponents than ones self, some are even considered so called "soft styles" were physical strength & striking power are secondary.

Yeah, I don't think Karate is a useful martial art in real world scenarios. I only did it for a couple months, but it seems like it'd be useless once the fight turns to grappling, and the striking components of it don't seem to be that effective either. Karate just seems to focus on katas, whereas fighting styles like boxing/wrestling/bjj/judo and so on are inherently applicable to any fight.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@buttersdaman000 said:
@diarrhearegatta said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Yeah, I don't think Karate is a useful martial art in real world scenarios. I only did it for a couple months, but it seems like it'd be useless once the fight turns to grappling, and the striking components of it don't seem to be that effective either. Karate just seems to focus on katas, whereas fighting styles like boxing/wrestling/bjj/judo and so on are inherently applicable to any fight.

There's a reason for that though. It's to train your muscle memory so you can just react without having to even think about it. It's all about learning timing, precision & speed. Without those just "knowing" Karate wont do you any shit of good.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:
@diarrhearegatta said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

There's a reason for that though. It's to train your muscle memory so you can just react without having to even think about it. It's all about learning timing, precision & speed. Without those just "knowing" Karate wont do you any shit of good.

No, I understand that. It's the same with how a wrestler trains takedowns, or a how a boxer trains punching combinations. I'm just saying katas seem useless in real fights.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

skilled mma stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being ripped gets overrated sometimes.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol why?

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deathstroke512

Even if it is skilled fat guy,he stomps

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@deathstroke512 said:

Even if it is skilled fat guy,he stomps

Especially if it's a skilled fat guy! Especially if it's one of those fat guys who can do a back flip!

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve seen talented kickboxers an martial artists get twatted by a lankey string of piss because he was just a lot taller. A taller hench lad should win. Size matters more than most things.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Straight-Fire

Lolz. So an unskilled sloppy fighter could not only win but stomp someone with actual flair? I don't know what's up with people and their ignorance.

I'm siding with the dude that can fight and it won't be close.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: You didn't address any of my points. To reiterate, my points were...

• He's an extreme example to use for something like this.
  • He is not inexperienced like the OP describes, he's an MMA fighter.
Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That size difference isn' big enough to make a difference here the martial arts master wins it