Ukrainian officer killed in car bomb in Kyiv- cui bono?

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

The recent car bomb murder of a Ukrainian officer in Kyiv(to use the city's Ukrainian as opposed to its Russian title) raises the old question whenever anyone is murdered- cui bono?- Latin for "who benefits/or stands to gain?

Whilst I am aware that these are early days yet, at the very least it does NOT strike me as an improbable hypothesis to suspect involvement or at the very least tacit connivance by the FSB(Federal Security Bureau), bearing in mind that its predecessors during the Soviet era( KGB, MGB/MVD, NKVD, OGPU/GPU, Cheka) engaged in assassination, such as of Leon Trotsky and his followers and supporters, antcommunist individuals suchas Stepan Bandera and Georgi Okolovich and Pope St John Paul II. The murdered officer was apparently investigating allegations of Russian war crimes in the Donbas with a view to presenting a dossier to the International Court of Justice at the Hague(or perhaps even the International Criminal Court_- for all the Kremlin;s bluster, such an indictment would give it "the willies" and turn it into a virtual intermational pariah).

This theory will predictably arouse charges of "Russophobia" from certain of my fellow posters( I KNOW who you are!),but in conclusion, to quote Sherlock Holmes, "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, MUST by definition be the truth!" as well as "CSI"'s Gil Grissom- "concentrate on what CANNOT lie -the evidence" and the ancient legal maxim-"fiat rua justitia caelum-let justice be done, though the heavens fall!"

Terry