UFC 214 thread

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thought we could do another for this ppv that is going on tonight. I won't be watching it but thought we could get some discussion going. Its got some some decent looking fights on it.

Main card will be

Cormier-Jones

Woodley-Maia

Justino-Evinger

Lawler-Cerrone

Manuwa-Oezdemir

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for reminding me this was happening tonight, totally forgot

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shoot I totally forgot

JON JONES YOU BETTER WHOOP HIS FAT ASS AGAIN

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonez_

...You guys wouldn't happen to know where I can stream it online for free?

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jonez_ said:

...You guys wouldn't happen to know where I can stream it online for free?

YouTube?

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odin619360: If you find a good one link it to me

otherwise I'm just using Buffstream

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is taking Cowboy vs Lawler?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chael Sonnen picked Jon to win and he's always wrong so DC is gonna win most likely if I were to make picks it'd be

DC-Jon Jones

Woodley-Maia

Cyborg-Evanger

Lawler-Cerrone

Manua-Oezdemir

Though I want Jon to win if DC wins I make a fair bit of money so I'm alright either way

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spambot

@jonez_ said:

Who is taking Cowboy vs Lawler?

That should be a war. Picking Cerrone via late knockout.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the heck just happened, Jimi???

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_: Apparently he got Oezdemirized.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing how a guy just three fights in the UFC just destroyed the #3 contender.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lhw division is so top heavy its unbelievable. People where saying Jimi was a future champion. Don't make me laugh.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg is frightening.

Hope Maia takes woodley out.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My lord that was boring af.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15-1 overall though.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon Jones got Daniel Cormier again in the 3rd Round... Cormier was fighting well until that Kick from Jones though.

Cormier on Suicide Watch...

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jones set that kick up so well. kept hitting and kicking/kneeing to the body mostly on that left side along with those oblique kicks to the knee. Did it so much that cormier went to defend his body and was caught completely off guard by that head kick. Amazing work.

The woodley fight went exactly as i pictured it going.... snoozefest. their styles are a terrible match up. maia has nothing if he cant take someone down and woodley has nothing if you dont attack him on the feet so he can counter with the right.

cyborg look composed in there probbably too composed evinger was terrified of her power and was over reacting to every strike and was shutting her eyes when strikes were thrown her way. had cyborg started comboing she couldve ended the fight in the first round.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: up until the finish i had DC winning, though the first was close.

Was heart breaking to watch him talk with joe.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redxiii18881990: really? i had jones winning comfortably in 1 with cormier seeming to come back in the last minute of the round and then jones winning a much closer second round.

cormier was head hunting while jones was doing work to the body/legs

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr0c00l: yeah. Was a close round as I said. It could have went either way. But it wasn't comfortable.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jonez_ said:

@odin619360: If you find a good one link it to me

otherwise I'm just using Buffstream

OK

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Jones is a machine.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The T Wood fight literally put me to sleep lol. Luckily I woke up just in time to see JBJ take what's his.

What was FON? I'm guessing Cowboy-Lawler?

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Jones is back!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching that post-fight DC interview was sad. I felt real bad for him. You could tell he was really broken. Along with him probably not even entirely knowing what had just happened. I wonder what's next for him? I don't think he'd want to face Jones again. It's pretty much settled that Jones is the better fighter.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spambot

@silkyballfro94: He's been doing commentating so I think he tries to make the transition to full time commentator pretty soon. I don't feel bad for him though. Losing to a better fighter is just part of sports. He had been trying to convince himself that he was actually the better fighter and would win a rematch for the last two years. So him being disappointed was to be expected but he needs to move on like everyone else who loses and give Jones the respect he is due. Jones showed some maturity with how he handled the win. He could easily have talked shit about Cormier after the fight but went out of his way to compliment him. I kind of happy to see that JJ can still be an elite fighter without drugs or peds. The last fight left some doubts as did the positive test.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dana White is a piece of shit tbh telling Woodley if he wins he'll get GSP, then trying to say what Woodley should've done in the fight to win is he a fighter? NO so stop trying to tell him how he should've fought. If he did what Dana said he likely would've got taken down which is a death sentence against Maia. Yea his last few fights haven't been that interesting but why is everyone blaming Woodley for the styles of his opponents he did what he had to to win. If he did what other people were saying he should've done he would've risked getting taken down and submitted. The Woodley hate is annoying.

Jon's knockout was amazingly well done you can tell he planned Cormier's head to drop from the lack of kicks leading up to it and the lack of head kicks throughout the fight. I had it 1-1 going into the third was a close fight but Jon showed why he's the GOAT and handled the win with a lot of class you can tell he's matured.

In other news he would absolutely destroy Brock.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: I don't think Dana saying this stuff really makes him a pos. He is a fight promoter. He wants to see more action because he knows that's what fans want to see. I mean I can see it being annoying if you think Woodley should be able to fight any way he wants to but its just part of the business. Dana wants guys to bring the action, especially champs. Woodley prob could be more aggressive to some degree. At the end of the day he gets to remain champ but prob won't make as much as he would if tried to dictate action more.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready for Jones Gustaffson 2!

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dana White is a piece of shit tbh telling Woodley if he wins he'll get GSP, then trying to say what Woodley should've done in the fight to win is he a fighter? NO so stop trying to tell him how he should've fought. If he did what Dana said he likely would've got taken down which is a death sentence against Maia. Yea his last few fights haven't been that interesting but why is everyone blaming Woodley for the styles of his opponents he did what he had to to win. If he did what other people were saying he should've done he would've risked getting taken down and submitted. The Woodley hate is annoying.

Jon's knockout was amazingly well done you can tell he planned Cormier's head to drop from the lack of kicks leading up to it and the lack of head kicks throughout the fight. I had it 1-1 going into the third was a close fight but Jon showed why he's the GOAT and handled the win with a lot of class you can tell he's matured.

In other news he would absolutely destroy Brock.

doubt that.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: jones has tp gain a lot of weight of he wants to absolutely destroy lesner

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yea but don't tell fighters one thing then do another Dana treats fighters like shit imo gives some special treatment and others he doesn't care about. Look at how he treated DJ saying he'd remove the flyweight division cause he didn't want to fight TJ granted he probably should've took the TJ fight but he was basically bullying DJ into it.

I don't see it being Woodley's fault that he was up against a one dimensional fighter who only has one way to win, maybe he could've been more aggressive and thrown more punches but he won the fight and was told if he wins he gets GSP but Dana didn't like how he fought so he gives it to Bisping cause he feels like it, I don't see that as fair. He also talks about people should be defending their titles against the top contenders, Conor has never defended a belt, Bisping still hasn't defended it against a top contender and was clearly ducking Romero with his on and off 'knee injury'. I just don't like how Dana treats fighters at all as Jon said you make him money he'll treat you well if not you're nothing to him. Or back when they gave Khabib contracts to fight Alvarez for the title but bumped him off for Conor. A lot of MMA fans don't like how Dana/UFC treat fighters that's why they're losing fighters to Bellator like Mousasi.

Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: woodley held bak against a 1 eyed fighter. He was constantly pressed back, and it's a noticeable trend with his doing bloody title defences.

apewar012467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did I forget?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty damn classy of Bones afterwards.

Woodley fought a smart fight against an extremely dangerous jujitsu guy, and walked out with is strap

Cyborg was like watching a tiger maul a deer

Cowboy should've won that fight, but Robbie poured it on the 3rd

Manua damnear got one-shotted which I did not see happening at all.

...overall a very entertaining card, even the prelim bouts were very good. Now the focus shifts towards the McGregor/Mayweather circus