TV Tropes is Trash!

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That website is such garbage, its full of elitists that like to rant about every little thing in Cartoons,Anime,Live Action shows,Movies,Comics and Video games. They sure love to make pointless nitpicking rants on everything, all they care about is looking for small things to criticize unnecessarily just to hate on it unfairly and not enjoy it for what it is.

TV Tropes is so Toxic and negative.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't know what I'm surprised more at. The fact you're just learning this or that TV Tropes is still a thing.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

Just cuz a trope exists doesn’t mean it’s bad. Tropes exist for storytelling, and I don’t think having a data add for them is inherently toxic

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dangannopoopoo

@tomkatie said:

I like it

Just cuz a trope exists doesn’t mean it’s bad. Tropes exist for storytelling, and I don’t think having a data add for them is inherently toxic

lol he's talking about the forums for the website 'TV Tropes'. However every forum that includes the things he listed have elitist, nitpicking, trolls, etc.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dangannopoopoo: oh ye I was talking about the TV Tropes site too (unless there’s a separate user forum, which I wasn’t aware of)

The site is for nitpicking, but they also know that. They’ve even mentioned how just because they list a trope doesn’t mean the trope is bad or shouldn’t be used. Every movie, tv series, book, or entertainment medium uses tropes, cuz that’s what tropes are there for. The TV Tropes site just lists them for people to read about, and idk I find it kinda fun to read and think “oh yeah, I’ve seen that in this show” or something

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dangannopoopoo: wait I misunderstood your post

Yeah, you’re right, elitism is everywhere among comic and movie fans

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7 wildvine  Moderator

Not sure you have ever actually looked at TV Tropes. The tone is generally humorously snarky over hateful, even when the subject material is crappy. Then there are very positive sub-lists like "Awesome" and "Heartwarming." Lists for fan favorite quotes from the material, trivia lists, funny moment lists, sad moment lists, nightmare fuel, etc etc.

I have never seen any page that are hateful for the sake of being hateful. If you are referring to the discussion forums, then you may be right, I don't usually go there. If you know a specific "hateful toxic negative" page, I would love a link to it.

Really all your issues could be copy/pasted to describe Comic Vine.