This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by hyperfinn (749 posts) - - Show Bio

That website is so awful, things are often miscategorized, misunderstood, misremembered, and exaggerated way too much. I can see why so many people criticise TV Tropes calling it an untrustworthy and unreliable mess.

What are the things that you do not like about TV Tropes.

#2 Posted by LeeM724 (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh I don't mind the site, but I find that once I go there I lose like 3+hours because I just get sucked into reading up the different tropes

Avatar image for deactivated-5beeed406e9c9
#3 Posted by deactivated-5beeed406e9c9 (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

no 1 cares, really

#4 Edited by Toratorn (5621 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, TV Tropes are alright.

#5 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand TV Tropes

They try to make things the same when they are not

Like trying to say patting a cat is the same as pulling your wang. It's a disgusting smelly website with nothing to offer but crusty stale poo sandwiches and septic water to wash it down

#6 Posted by hyperfinn (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand TV Tropes

They try to make things the same when they are not

Like trying to say patting a cat is the same as pulling your wang. It's a disgusting smelly website with nothing to offer but crusty stale poo sandwiches and septic water to wash it down

It does not help that some people would take TV Tropes as gospel.

#7 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn:

Yeah it does not help one bit.

Especially when they say that getting chased by a dinosaur is the same thing as shaving your backside with a blunt razor.

Why do they say that stuff?

#8 Posted by hyperfinn (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn:

Yeah it does not help one bit.

Especially when they say that getting chased by a dinosaur is the same thing as shaving your backside with a blunt razor.

Why do they say that stuff?

TV Tropes tries to act like they are always right about everything. in reality they are always wrong.

#9 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn:

Yeah except when they say that eating your grandmas pubes is the same as watching TV Tropes.

Then they are 100% correct

#10 Posted by darkhoudini (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarcasm going undetected is golden.

#11 Posted by wildvine (14859 posts) - - Show Bio

This reminds me of when people criticize Cinema Sins. The salt is always comedy gold

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (42653 posts) - - Show Bio

What is TV Tropes?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#13 Posted by IndomitableRegal (14522 posts) - - Show Bio

I like TV Tropes lol. Actually I try avoiding it because when I go there I essentially get YouTube Syndrome (starting on one thing, and then clicking another, and another, and damn I gotta check this too, and... has it been 4 hours already?).

What is TV Tropes?

Basically, it's a site that examines and categorizes all the different patterns, themes, concepts, motifs, tropes, etc. throughout various fictional works (all mediums included) and identifies each occurrence. It's sorted by the actual show, movie, book, etc. or by individual character. Chances are, you know many of them even if you're not aware of it (e.g. a MacGuffin, or Chekhov's gun).

#14 Posted by ourmanuel (6081 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by laflux (24702 posts) - - Show Bio

T.V tropes do alot of exaggerations but it's more or less cool and I like it. It's not as bad as cinemasins which sucks eggs.