Trump University scam preyed on "elderly and uneducated"

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://gawker.com/former-employees-call-trump-university-a-facade-that-1779814695

As the 3 law suits against Trump University go on, we learn more about how immoral and callous of a scam it really was. Basically Trump was preying on people who were elderly and ignorant, getting them to spend tens of thousands of dollars for worthless programs that only tried to get them to spend even more money.

One Trump University sales manager, Ronald Schnackenberg, testified that he was reprimanded for not trying hard enough to sell Trump University’s $35,000 “Elite” program . “I did not feel it was an appropriate program for them because of their precarious financial condition—they had no money to pay for the program, but would have had to pay for the program using his disability income and taking out a loan based upon equity in his apartment.”

Another salesperson with Trump U talked the couple into it, Schnackenberg testified. “I was disgusted by his conduct and decided to resign.”

“Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know for a guy who's always making fun of websites and their credibility, you really messed up here. Gawker is a bigger joke than infowars.

As for actual point of this thread, if this is indeed true then that wasn't very nice of Trump. Pretty bad.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know for a guy who's always making fun of websites and their credibility, you really messed up here. Gawker is a bigger joke than infowars.

As for actual point of this thread, if this is indeed true then that wasn't very nice of Trump. Pretty bad.

Gawker is not as respected as many others, I'd admit that, but it's not correct to say they're like infowars. Inforwars is a totally insane website by a guy who's made his career from stupid and ridiculous conspiracy theories. I remember watching Alex Jones when he was just another conspiracy nut on public access TV in Austin. The guy is crazy and his website is just as bad.

And the article has links to the court papers if you want to read those:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2850043/Schnackenberg.pdf

I posted that one mostly because it's the first article I found today. But here's another article from The Atlantic:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/trump-university/485060/

Predators, by and large, do not attack the strongest prey in the wild. They instead target the vulnerable, the very young, and the very old—the prey that is least able to defend itself.

Trump University, the defunct real-estate education program created by presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump, pursued a similar approach, according to its former employees in legal documents unsealed Tuesday.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Desperate liberal media is desperate

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not the media's fault that Trump ran a cam designed to take people's money. It's not their fault that he also ran a pyramid scheme called The Trump Network. It's not the media's fault that he keeps running companies into the ground.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dernman  Online
@silkyballfro94 said:

heh I know right. Totally not trustworthy at all.

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poeticwarrior

Who else do you think is voted for him if it's not the elderly and uneducated?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Emperor Trump cares not for sleazy reporters and corrupt media.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Trump's a full of shit D-bag; what else is new?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Trump isn't a good person? Wow, learn something new everyday.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Will Payton for having Trump always on his mind. He probably wakes up in cold sweats in the middle of the night from a case of low energy.

Love how he constantly quotes articles from shit lib websites....pretty much everything he says reads like a Huffpo article.

Interesting how the article is a hit piece that only interviews a certain group of people that sued Trump and not the people that were satisfied with the courses they took there...they won't interview those people though.

No Caption Provided

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's interesting is how whenever someone points out something that Trump has done, with actual facts, Trump supporters just stick a finger in their ears and start accusing the person pointing out the facts. It's always the media's fault, or it's anti-Trump bias, or whatever.

I guess they learn well from Trump. If you cant dispute the facts, attack the messenger. That's pretty much his go-to tactic isnt it?

But, attacking the messenger wont make the facts go away. It's a sign of fear and weakness when that's all you have to resort to.

bythepowerofoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the same shit that let Lex win the presidency... except Trump isn't close the the man Lex is

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PreCrisisBardock

Funny how he's winning every one of the suits lel

Better than Shillary and Fraudson

Avatar image for supreme_chancellor
Supreme_Chancellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do Trump fans always stick their fingers in their ears whenever someone says anything bad?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trump is a fraud, waw, now I have seen it all.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@silkyballfro94 said:

Outside of liberal reality, people that didn't need X nor could afford to buy X bought X.

It's equivalent to someone suing a college because the woman studies classes he took can't get him a job or a girlfriend.

You forgot the part where

• Trump lied about it being a "university", which is wasnt
  • lied about him selecting the instructors, when in fact he selected none of them
  • lied about the instructors being highly qualified, when in fact some of them had little to no qualifications or experience
  • actual employees called it a "lie" and a "fraudulent scheme"
  • the course ratings were not anonymous and held during the courses, thereby creating false positive ratings where actually most students ended up dissatisfied with the courses
  • Trump University pressured people to buy stuff even though they knew those people couldnt afford it
  • Trump launched a racist attack on the judge that's hearing the case

I guess if you can ignore all the facts if you want, but reality is still reality. And, in reality "Trump University" is a scam and Trump should be in prison.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol is this the best they got?

Supreme_Chancellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do Trump fans always stick their fingers in their ears whenever someone says anything bad?

Lol is this the best they got?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_chancellor: Why did you quote me and your comment together? Was it because you saw me as "sticking my fingers in my ears"? Lol.

Supreme_Chancellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supreme_chancellor: I don't see how any of this discredits him. People act like this is the smoking gun that proves he's the big bad wolf like everybody claims. It really isn't. A majority of the people that attended his "University" were satisfied. But of course, you won't ever hear anything from the people that didn't feel cheated. Even in the CNN video that willpayton posted, the guy says that 97% of the Trump University students gave the classes a 4.85 out of 5 or better on their evaluations. Meanwhile, you only got a handful of people that were unhappy and trying to reach and claim that the whole thing was a fraud. Now everybody is trying to stretch out and over-dramatize the situation which shows the desperation of the mainstream media which makes me support Trump even more. Especially if this is the best they got. "ermergerd! look! trump es beeng sood by lyk 3 peeple! he must be bad man lyk evrybody keep tellin us!" When this fails to dissuade anybody they'll move onto how his steak company was unsuccessful next lmao.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cattlebattle

@willpayton said:

What's interesting is how whenever someone points out something that Trump has done, with actual facts, Trump supporters just stick a finger in their ears and start accusing the person pointing out the facts. It's always the media's fault, or it's anti-Trump bias, or whatever.

I guess they learn well from Trump. If you cant dispute the facts, attack the messenger. That's pretty much his go-to tactic isnt it?

But, attacking the messenger wont make the facts go away. It's a sign of fear and weakness when that's all you have to resort to.

I "stick my fingers in my ears" because you repeat the same biased, conflated drivel that mainstream sites do...you never have any levity in any discussion and are always 100% bias. Its like I am dealing with Cenk Unger here. You are like a cartoon.

You are aware that only 2% of all the attendees of Trump University are suing, right?? 2 %. I'll reiterate that....2%.

You are aware the that the course had a very generous refund program, right??

You are aware that the people are suing him are mad that they didn't become millionares after attending seminars in hotel lobbies, right??

You are aware that these people suing him graduated the programs and failed in real estate because they started during the housing crisis in 2009, right??

You are aware that these people are suing a very wealthy person that is very much in the pinnacle of the public eye, thus drawing more attention and fame, and more possible money to themselves, right??

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

@noone1996: The 97% figure is an odd one because we don't know what the other 3% said or thought? 97% could be happy, but 3% could have been bamboozled. If I only defraud 3% of the people that I ever run across in life, I will still probably also get sued for it.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueecho said:

@noone1996: The 97% figure is an odd one because we don't know what the other 3% said or thought? 97% could be happy, but 3% could have been bamboozled. If I only defraud 3% of the people that I ever run across in life, I will still probably also get sued for it.

The 97% figure is inflated because of the way that the surveys were conducted. The John Oliver video goes into this, explaining that the surveys were not anonymous and the students were asked to rate the classes and instructors while they were still relying on those instructors. It's not surprising that many rated the classes well and then later found out that it was not what they thought.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:

I "stick my fingers in my ears" because you repeat the same biased, conflated drivel that mainstream sites do...you never have any levity in any discussion and are always 100% bias. Its like I am dealing with Cenk Unger here. You are like a cartoon.

You are aware that only 2% of all the attendees of Trump University are suing, right?? 2 %. I'll reiterate that....2%.

You are aware the that the course had a very generous refund program, right??

You are aware that the people are suing him are mad that they didn't become millionares after attending seminars in hotel lobbies, right??

You are aware that these people suing him graduated the programs and failed in real estate because they started during the housing crisis in 2009, right??

You are aware that these people are suing a very wealthy person that is very much in the pinnacle of the public eye, thus drawing more attention and fame, and more possible money to themselves, right??

Wow, thank you for proving my point. Sticks fingers in ears and ignores facts? Check. Accuse the person showing the facts with hostile personal attacks? Check. Makes excuses about how it's always everyone else's fault when Trump is found doing immoral and illegal things? Check, check, check.

And, accuses a person with "you never have any levity and are always 100%" in a post that's filled with hostility and hatred. Check.

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

@willpayton said:

2% is actually still a really large number. Let's say that during the Super Bowl, that some people have impersonated Marines in full dress uniform to get onto the sideline to watch the game. If only 2% of the Marines that we saw on the field were impostors, we would let it go because it was only 2%? Both are cases of fraud.

By comparison, in most universities, no one sues for fraud, and not at a rate of 2%. Even for Trump University, which is really just a sequence of "get-rich-quick" seminars, the rate is really high.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueecho said:
@cattlebattle said:

2% is actually still a really large number. Let's say that during the Super Bowl, that some people have impersonated Marines in full dress uniform to get onto the sideline to watch the game. If only 2% of the Marines that we saw on the field were impostors, we would let it go because it was only 2%? Both are cases of fraud.

By comparison, in most universities, no one sues for fraud, and not at a rate of 2%. Even for Trump University, which is really just a sequence of "get-rich-quick" seminars, the rate is really high.

I can think of many reasons why people wouldnt want to sue. Many probably just want to get on with their lives and not spend years on litigation and all the hassles involved with it. I'm sure many would also be embarrassed to have friends and family know that there were taken by a scam, or just not want their name involved in a large public case like this with media and random weirdos (I know, I'm repeating myself) knowing about them and their lives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who else do you think is voted for him if it's not the elderly and uneducated?

The gullible.