Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ready_4_Madness

It doesn't have to be 10 villains but a GIF would be nice.

No Caption Provided

10 - SHANG TSUNG - The ability to soul steal is super interesting to me and Shang Tsung has the charisma to go along with it. The best villain in Mortal Kombat imo.

"Your soul is mine."

No Caption Provided

9 - VERGIL - One of my favorite character designs in video games, Vergil is just a badass. I've been a fan ever since I saw him stomp Dante, I hope to see more of him in the future.

"Defeating you like this has no meaning. Heal your wounds, Dante. Get strong. After that, we'll settle the matter."

No Caption Provided

8 - ZORAN LAZAREVIC - One of the more traditional villains on the list. His presence on screen was quite outstanding, if the conclusion of his story was better then he probably would have been higher.

"You don't have the will."

No Caption Provided

7 - LIQUID OCELOT - Unlike Lazarevic, Liquid went out like a champ. MGS is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and Liquid is was genuinely intimidating to me at the time. A true video game boss.

“Alas, my finger must have slipped…”

No Caption Provided

6 - DUTCH VAN DER LINDE - A very well written who has been a pain to deal with since 2010. Red Dead has a lot of great characters; Arthur, John, Sadie, etc. And Dutch is on that list. Till this day my best friend always says to me "JUST HAVE SOME GODDAMN FAITH"

No Caption Provided

5 - KAZUYA MISHIMA - The man that fought the DEVIL JIN, HEIHACHI, AKUMA and live to tell it. TEKKEN is one of my favorite franchises, period and Kazuya is one of my main guys to use. He had to make it to the list based on that alone. He is awesome as well so that adds to it.

"So it's you."

"Mmmm! This fruitcake is fantastic!"

4 - JOKER - Outside of the comic books and the animated series, I think the Arkham franchise nailed this iconic villain the best. Without the Joker I don't think the Arkham games would work to their full potential.

No Caption Provided

3 - GAUNTER O'DIMM - One of if not, the most underrated video game villain(s) of all time. We don't see too much of him but the mystery behind him makes him interesting. He wasn't the main villain in The Witcher 3 but he definitely was the best the game had to offer.

"I'm no cheat. I give folk what they want, nothing more. That they oft desire unworthy things- that is entirely the fault of their rotten natures."

No Caption Provided

2 - BALDUR - It's no secret that God of War is my favourite game series so this choice should be no surprise. Top-notch from character design, powers, motives, etc. I can legitimately say he is a complete villain who stole every single scene he was in. He had to die in the end but it's a shame that he did. THOR got big shoes to fill.

"Hahaha. And here I thought your kind were supposed to be so enlightened. So much better than us. So much smarter. And yet here you hideout in the woods--like a coward."

No Caption Provided

1 - ALBERT WESKER - Everything about the character just works, he is at the top of my list because to make a traditional villain like this work at this level is not easy at all. Wesker is my personal favorite villain of all time. Many will disagree but it is what it is.

"So slow to catch on..."

YOUR TURN...

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think my list is mostly made of anti-villains and anti-heroes who are antagonists instead of just pure evil villains.

10. Legate Lanius, Caesar, Mr.House, and Ulysses. Fallout: New Vegas

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

9. The Master. Fallout 1

Loading Video...

8. Vaas. Far Cry 3

Loading Video...

7. Al Mualim (Rashid Ad-Din Sinan). Assassin's Creed

Loading Video...

6. Patriots. MGS2

Loading Video...

5. Dimitri Rascalov. GTA IV

No Caption Provided

with characters with generally crappy behavioral traits and attitudes, but gradually has shifted to a more severe and deplorable kind of scum. Among all the murderous, disloyal backstabbers, Dimitri Rascalov is by far the worst of them all. Dimitri is a rat. He plays it safe from the shadows, moves around some pieces and watches everything unfold from a safe distance. However, if too much heat comes his way, he’s quick to act and isn’t above sacrificing his friends to gain more power and see another day. Truly a deplorable human being.

4. Dutch Van Der Linde. Red Dead Redemption

Loading Video...

3. Kreia. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2

Loading Video...

2. Vergil. Devil May Cry 3 (DMC5 just butchered him for me)

It's almost impossible to make an antagonist who is not a villain and is far more complex and interesting than the main protagonist. But Vergil made sure that's not impossible after all.

1. Haytham Kenway. Assassin's Creed 3

Loading Video...

He just explained pure Templars and noted Assassin's flaws in a simple cutscene. Not many antagonists can challenge your world view in a single cutscene.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.. only video game villains that ever pop into my mind, every time, are GLaDOS

No Caption Provided

And my man Kane

No Caption Provided

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good baddies from Master Li from Jade Empire, Tenpenny from San Andreas, etc, but those two are the ones that always stand out in my mind as the best. The others made a game better, but those two... made their franchises.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By El_mago

1-the joker (arkham trilogy)

No Caption Provided

2-flowey the flower (undertale)

No Caption Provided

only this 2 are memorable for me the other ones nailed their games but this ones are true bastards.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: I always hear about Glados. What makes Glados a good villain.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your list is bias since most of your games are made from Japan companies.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By infantfinite128

Nice list. Only two gifs can show up in my post so here's two:

Kazuya from Tekken

No Caption Provided

Vergil from Devil May Cry

No Caption Provided

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wut

@ready_4_madness:Never played the portal games? She has mastered the art of being both terrifying and hilarious.

Loading Video...

Due to how she behaves, that her voice follows you around during your campaigns and how she is the final boss, she acts akin to a very, very malevolent voice that controls your world akin to a more sassy Stanley Parable Narrator.... Also the portal 1 credits are still one of my favorite credits ever [Its GLaDOS singing to you ]

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clean_Uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers