Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Tom Brady is part of a team

Peyton Manning IS the team

Peyton Manning added wins to your record because he was that good

Tom Brady has the benefit of usually having a great defense to help him out

Manning usually carried his teams to wins

Put Peyton Manning on the patriots and they finish their 16-0 season 19-0 instead of 18-1.

I’d choose Manning every time

Tom Brady has lost the super bowl multiple times because of his defense, especially last year when he dropped 505 yds and 3 tds and still lost, which is unheard of. Those "great" defenses you mentioned are usually only good in bending but not breaking, they give up a ton of yards, and are hardly great. And no, peyton manning on that team barely makes a difference. Tom had 50 touchdowns and 7 ints that year with 23 touchdowns to one receiver. You do not play much better than that. Peyton Manning is also historically known for choking in the playoffs, he probably would get stopped before the super bowl with that team lmao.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady stomps. This isn't a competition now, and I hate the hell out of him.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: Peyton Manning won a super bowl with arguably one of the worst defenses in NFL history

Could Tom Brady have relocated that feat? (Fun fact, Peyton Manning best Tom Brady in the afc championship game with the worst defense in years)

Tom Brady couldn’t even beat Peyton Manning when the colts defense was trash lol

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peyton Manning won a super bowl with arguably one of the worst defenses in NFL history

Could Tom Brady have relocated that feat? (Fun fact, Peyton Manning best Tom Brady in the afc championship game with the worst defense in years)

Tom Brady couldn’t even beat Peyton Manning when the colts defense was trash lol

Yes, Tom Brady could have replicated that feat. The 2010 bears are not that good compared to the teams brady has faced. When brady has had the worst defense in the league, he had to go up against the New York Giants, a red hot team with a defense and an insanely clutch quarterback, and The Eagles, an offensive juggernaut last year who happened to have a good defense, which Brady shredded, and then his defense choked. Also, one of the championship losses happened to be when the pats put up 35 points and the defense once again gave up 38, and in the other brady had one of his weakest teams and they were facing an all time great defense. Brady has smoked manning numerous times, and does not have 9 one and dones on his resume.

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezrael: laugh all you want

The year the patriots didn’t have Tom Brady most of the year? They still went 11-5

The first year the colts didn’t have Peyton Manning? They went 2-14

Tom Brady is not required for the patriots to be a successful team.

The colts were only successful because of Peyton Manning.

Manning stomps.

Before manning arrived, I don’t even think the broncos made the playoffs the year prior? When manning joined, they became a top tier team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60ecae36801
deactivated-5c60ecae36801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotchbear: The team changes all the time and he still gets those SB wins.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Scotchbear

@ezrael: ya Tom Brady won this last super bowl. Mhm.

Lol

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Scotchbear

@kalkent: so you just gave two examples where he was in a similar situation as Manning with his awful defense.

But the difference? Manning won and Brady lost lol

So obviously he can’t relicate it lol

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hope_w

Prime Montanna all day. Brady's system makes him so great, without that Peyton is assuredly better.

Brees however has been getting robbed on National TV his entire career and deserves to be mentioned.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The system argument is complete trash. Matt Cassel was playing with one of the most stacked teams of all time, including the 2nd best receiver of all time and a top 5 slot receiver of all time, along with an 8th ranked defense, and he still managed to lose 5 games coming off an undefeated regular season. And then the system people fail to mention that this so called "great system" has not provided him with more than two hall of fame receivers, one who who is a tight end.

And don't even get me started on Drew Brees. Man legit stunk up the joint and choked in the NFC Championship game, New England's defense would have dogpiled his slow ass.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent: so you just gave two examples where he was in a similar situation as Manning with his awful defense.

But the difference? Manning won and Brady lost lol

So obviously he can’t relicate it lol

Except the offenses he was playing against actually showed up, unlike the Ravens who put up 6 points and the bears who had 17 points including a Devin Hester kickoff return... And not to mention Brady does not have 9 one and dones, and the ultimate fail of losing to Andrew Luck in a playoff game.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65 Lunacyde  Moderator

Moving to Off-Topic.

The answer is Brady.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll do you one better. DAN The Man MARINO...If he and Tom's or Joe's team he'd have more rings then anyone here...Best passer if all time and clutch I'm comebackt drives he was real good with two minutes left...Joe Montana went on record to say Dan was the greatest QB he ever saw for a reason...

OT out of this bunch depends on the team. If I had a system team I'd go Montana or Brady. If I had a random team Peyton Or Joe..

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lunacyde  Moderator

Brady has only had 1 more top 5 defense than Manning, and has consistently worked with less offensive talent. The stats speak for themselves, Tom Brady is the superior quarterback.

Fun fact, the year Peyton Manning had the best defense in the league around him he lost in the divisional round to the Chargers, who the Patriots beat. The two years Brady had the best defense he won the Superbowl.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Elway.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Lunacyde  Moderator

I'll do you one better. DAN The Man MARINO...If he and Tom's or Joe's team he'd have more rings then anyone here...Best passer if all time and clutch I'm comebackt drives he was real good with two minutes left...Joe Montana went on record to say Dan was the greatest QB he ever saw for a reason...

OT out of this bunch depends on the team. If I had a system team I'd go Montana or Brady. If I had a random team Peyton Or Joe..

I doubt it. If you compare the loss in offensive production from when the Patriots lost Brady to injury and when the Dolphins lost Marino to injury, there was actually a greater drop-off in wins and offensive production for the Patriots.

Dan may have been the greatest pure passer of all-time, but Brady has him beat in the intangibles. Leadership, disecting defenses, coachability, adaptability, and so on.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Lunacyde  Moderator
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I'll have to disagree on some points there. Without Marino they Never Get to the playoffs. Without marino they are horrible. Dolphins much worse team then Brady's Patriots. Look at Jimmy G. Intangibles some not all you mentioned. Marino was one of the top ten of all time reading and beating D's and did it with a bad team and no scheme and a coach that actually worked with him. While Marino after Shula retired had to deal with a Coach that went against him at every turn and didn't Improve the team I'm the draft or free agency. Leadership Marino nwqs grood but I give you Brady was a little better. Adaptable is a toss up..

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people really think a guy who barely has better regular season stats than Tom Brady and extremely worse playoff stats with 9 one and dones is better than tom, then they are just trolling.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Sheriff. He's not as accomplished in terms of rings, but he's the superior QB.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady is the greatest quarterback that has ever, and will ever live

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lunacyde  Moderator
incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By incursion2

@incursion2 said:

Tom Brady cause I'm a Pats fan

And the GOAT

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd go with either of them, but I'd be sort of worried to have to be the target of one of Montana's miracle comeback passes; got to worry about possibly blowing the game for him. With the other two, I can catch either short or medium passes and plow my way forward.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard to say, all three belong among the best ever. That said, for my money, in his prime, Montana was Captain Clutch, and read the defense better than the other two, especially in clutch situations.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Joe Montana. Having the most championships doesn't necessarily make Brady the GOAT.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady still stomps. Best playoff stats, amazing regular season stats, insanely clutch, does not get one and doned in the playoffs. Manning honestly doesn't belong here.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Gators fan saying Peyton no doubt

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#83  Edited By Straight-Fire
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peyton is best in the regular season. Brady is best in the playoffs.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The better pure QB? Probably Peyton.

The better overall player? I am going with Brady. He knows his system well, and will pitch a game that would hurt his numbers just as soon as it would help him win.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure the other two are all time great, but with all six rings, can they simply snap their fingers and they would all cease to exist? Brady can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll be that guy. Aaron Rodgers.