• 73 results
Avatar image for batmanalways_wins
batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You're starting a team. You want a qb that can put the team in a position to win no matter what. Goal is to win the superbowl and get through the regular season to get there.

AgentSandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Montana

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Brady cause I'm a Pats fan

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Tom Brady.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peyton Manning.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In their prime?

1. Joe Montana

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Either Montana or Brady. IF I had to go with the hot hands though it would def be Joe. He was way more athletic and the first 2 rings he got was working with fodders. Once Rice came into town he had the perfect shine.

jt_gh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jt_gh

Joe Cool any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VashtaNerada88

Tom Brady cuz he has no issue with cheating =p TBH i'd say Peyton

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Montana easily. He was by far and away the best in a clutch situation. Peyton was easily the worst of these three in clutch situations.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Brady

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to disagree with the first part. Tom Brady is the only qb with a winning record in game winning drive opportunities. And up until last season he was the only qb in history with more game winning drives in his career than losses.

batmanprep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batmanprep

A lotta patriots wank i see

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lotta patriots wank i see

Nah, I hate Tom Brady with an undying passion. But greatness must be acknowledged.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Montana

Mostly because Peyton and Brady lived on an era where rules favor Qbs and offensive play.

Also, Brady and Peyton are kinda bricks. They're not very athletic, i see that as a problem when they need to run the ball

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vikings fan but I think Brady

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly depends on what team im playing in the super bowl, I most likely would go Montana, though Brady could make bigger plays earlier in the game Montana presents a clutch factor in a grinded out game. This era sports in-general are soft in comparison, Brady nor Peyton would survive against the mid 70s-80s defensive pressure

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zaied

@cosmic_lantern said:

Brady nor Peyton would survive against the mid 70s-80s defensive pressure

I don't know about that... I believe QBs like Brady and Manning could succeed in any era because they can quickly go through their progressions, make pre-snap reads, shift protections, and get the ball out quickly. Their stats wouldn't look as pretty, but they'd still be very successful. One stat that I love to look at is YPA; Peyton is among the best at 7.7 YPA.

It'd be the RG3s, Kaepernicks, etc. that would get folded; guys who struggle to read defenses, hold onto the ball, and make bad decisions.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:
@cosmic_lantern said:

Brady nor Peyton would survive against the mid 70s-80s defensive pressure

I don't know about that... I believe QBs like Brady and Manning could succeed in any era because they can quickly go through their progressions, make pre-snap reads, shift protections, and get the ball out quickly. Their stats wouldn't look as pretty, but they'd still be very successful. One stat that I love to look at is YPA; Peyton is among the best at 7.7 YPA.

It'd be the RG3s, Kaepernicks, etc. that would get folded; guys who struggle to read defenses, hold onto the ball, and make bad decisions.

It's also worth noting, while this era isn't as physical, that the athletes are bigger, stronger, and faster - not to mention, the offenses - as well as defenses - are a bit more advanced now, than 70's/80's

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_lantern: Tom has done some amazing things against some amazing defenses. And he's a tough SOB. Won the mvp in 2010 with 3 broken ribs. I know he'd last in the 80s. Peyton I could see folding under the pressure like he did against the Seahawks.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Montana, or Manning. I'd back Peyton. How do you not choose the Sheriff?

Prime Peyton Manning was a Beast. Dude had a Cannon, could turn regular dudes into superstars, probably has the highest Football IQ out of the 3, amazing at pre-snap reads and reading defenses.

Only problem is Peyton likes to force the ball at times and is not very mobile. IMO, Brady is a product of his system.

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: I can tell you why you don't choose the Sheriff. Choking. He was never ever good in the playoffs. He didn't really turn average guys into superstars. That was more Brady's gig. Manning had superstars. Wayne, Harrison are both top 15 receivers ever. Harrison top 10 easily. Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Pierre Garçon, D Thomas, Decker, Sanders. This guy has been absolutely blessed with recievers. Brady is absolutely not a system guy. He has thrived in 3 distinctly different offenses so coordinated by 3 different OCs. If your goal is to win the superbowl Brady and Montana are better options.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@batmanalways_wins: The "Choking" argument is an extreme over-exaggeration. I've been a Colts fan for a long time. I watched every single one of Peyton Manning's playoff games. There were 6 instances where Peyton did his job only to have his team let him down in the end -- 2005 vs Pittsburgh, 2007 and 2008 vs San Diego, 2009 vs New Orleans in the Super Bowl, 2010 vs The Jets, and 2013 vs Baltimore.

So, Peyton is a choke artist because Mike Vanderjagt can't kick a freaking Field Goal? Or because his defense can't hold a lead? Or because his defense couldn't stop a backup QB and RB from going 80 yards in a minute? Or because Reggie Wayne ran the worst curl route I've ever seen? Or because his special teams let somebody run the kickoff back 40-45 yards with 40 seconds left in the game? Or because Rahim Moore can't play the Safety position? No. Peyton is an all-time great.

Don't buy into this media hype that he's a choker. Not only has he shattered a number of records and his team was always winning 12+ games, he's had great playoff performances as well including always destroying the Broncos, the comeback in the AFC Championship game, being one of the few QB's to consistently frustrate the great Baltimore defense, and putting 30 on the Jets defense that nobody could apparently stop in 2009.

The only legit receiver on the squad before Peyton showed up was Marvin. Peyton only excelled his game. Reggie Wayne was a Top 5 Receiver when Peyton was there. Dallas Clark was a Top 3 Tight End with Peyton there. They did nothing when Peyton left. Reggie was hurt a lot and eventually retired and Dallas fumbled around in mediocrity. He made everyone around him better. There was no system in Indy. He was the system.

Now look, I respect Brady's greatness. He's Top 3 all time with Manning and Montana, but he didn't turn anybody into anything. You want to talk about somebody who's been blessed? Brady was blessed with the best FG kicker in recent memory, one of the greatest Coaches ever, an effective system to play in that works to his strengths, an AWESOME offensive line, and it also helped that when Brady won his rings early, his Defense was in the Top 10 every single time.

Manning did not have such luck. His O-Line sucked, his defense was always mid to bottom tier at best and his kicker was terrible. The Front Office never drafted well.

You want to win. You get Peyton Manning. Better overall player. Brady was good, but had better teams.

Aberdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peyton Manning, of course.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr: No the choking is very very accurate. He did play alright against the chargers in 08 and decent in 07. But are you forgetting who threw the interception that set the Ravens up for that Jacoby Jones touchdown. And 09? He threw a pick 6 to lose the superbowl. Huge choke. And lets not forget 03 and 04 against the patriots in the playoffs. Or superbowl 48 lmao.The 2014 divisional round vs the colts he played terrible. Harrison is arguably the second best route runner ever. Reggie Wayne not too far behind. Clark was on the decline before Peyton left. Before Wayne got hurt he had 1 good season with Luck. Exact same amount of yards as his last year with Peyton. 1355. Then he got hurt and declined. Heck Wayne had almost 1000 yards with Dan Orlovsky who may just be the worst qb to start in the nfl. And now to the Adam Vinatieri argument. Brady had him from 01 to 05. Peyton had him from 06 to 2010. That's 5 years each. In the pats first3 superbowl runs combined Vinatieri kicked 14 field goals. In Mannings 06 run alone (in which he threw for 3 touchdowns and 7 interceptions) Vinatieri kicked 14 field goals. Mannings lines have been just as good if not better than Tom's. Anchored by one of the greatest linemen of the 21st century in Saturday. Brady has made all of his recievers look better. Wes Welker does not become one of the most productive recievers ever with anyone else. He couldn't get 1k with Peyton even though he had one of his best seasons the year before with Tom. Tom has never had the number 1 ranked defense. Peyton has twice. Peytons defenses, for his career, rank an average of 14th. Brady's rank 16th on average. Name one reciever tom has had besides Randy Moss (who he had for 2 seasons) that was good anywhere else. Tom has thrown touchdown passes to almost 60 different receivers. By far a record. It shows how he can work with anything at his disposal. Tom Brady is the ultimate winner.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom is a cheater with zero legitimate titles, so I definitely wouldn't want him on my team.

Also, this thread belongs in Off-Topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Joe Montana

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By jumpstart55

My pick goes to Joe Montona..Heres how i would rate the three.

1. Joe Montana: Easily one of all time favorite QBS..The guy was Captain Clutch..The 90s was so tough defensively, but Joe played like he was Captain America or something..lol
  2. Tom Brady: The guy is one of the all time goats no matter what anyone says..And Besides Russel Wilson,Aron Rodgers and Cam hes probably my favorite QB playing today.
  3. Peyton Manning: Hes good, and probably has the best foot ball IQ of the bunch but i was never that big of a fan of the guy tbh.
green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady

I don't expect to have the best receiver of all time, Jerry Rice, on my team, so I"m not picking Montana.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Lol, Like these nerds know anything about football.

Anyways, I will admit that I'm a little young to have actually seen Montana play, but I have watched quite a bit of game footage. For me, from a talent perspective, it's really close but I'll go Montana>/=Manning>/=Brady.

Montana benefited from having some of the best receivers in history, but as his career progressed he started to deteriorate. His later years were pretty good, but nothing stellar. And his years with KC were, eh.

Manning on the other hand seemingly only got better with age (besides his disastrous final season). He's the smartest of the 3 from a football IQ standpoint, and I think commands an offense better than them. Also, if you want a high powered offense, go with him. However, he wasn't so good when it mattered AT TIMES, which drags him down.

Brady is a mix of both. Not quite the high octane offensive QB that manning is, but more so than Montana; likewise, better in the clutch than Manning, but FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD he's on par with Montana. He also is able to elevate his surrounding cast more so than the other 2.

Marino deserves to be in this discussion. He was on par with Montana (yeah I said it) and the only reason he doesn't get more talked is because his shitty team.

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: I think you used the greater than sign when you meant to use the lees than sign based on your explanation. And yes Brady is on par with Joe in clutch situations. Up until this season he was actually the only quarterback in history with more comeback wins than career losses.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: I think you used the greater than sign when you meant to use the lees than sign based on your explanation. And yes Brady is on par with Joe in clutch situations. Up until this season he was actually the only quarterback in history with more comeback wins than career losses.

I want a source to back up that final claim, because that sounds ridiculous as hell.

And no, I meant what I wrote.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PeterParkerJr

@batmanalways_wins:

• Peyton didn't just play "decent." He had over 400 yards passing and 3TD's against San Diego. He had just given his team the go-ahead lead and his defense let Billy Volek walk down the field and score on them.
  • A Peyton INT didn't set up the Jacoby Jones bomb. They just failed to convert on 3rd down.
  • He threw a pick because Reggie didn't run his route properly.
  • The Pats got away with a lot of calls that benefited them in the '05 game.
  • Super Bowl 48 wasn't all on Peyton. He deserves a share of the blame, but his entire team got dismantled. It's not all on him.
  • Clark's production in the offense didn't drop until Peyton's last year with Indy. He had a thousand yards before that and got injured the following year.
  • Wayne had one great year with Luck, but was still limited because of injuries.
  • With the exception of the 2004 season, Manning's lines were never as good as Brady's. His lines rapidly declined, and it was Manning's stellar play that masked their insecurities. While Brady would seemingly have all day in the pocket without even an arm grabbing a hold of him.
  • Except Welker almost did get 1k with Peyton but missed 3 games that year. Had he played the full season, he would've had it and probably more.
  • Brady has had a Top 10 defense in his career over 10 times. Peyton has only had it around 4-5 times.
  • Peyton only had a #1 ranked defense last season. You must be thinking of the '07 Colts. They were only ranked #3 that year.
  • When Deion Branch left Brady, he went on to be one of the top 2 receivers in Seattle.
  • And Peyton has taken lesser teams to the playoffs with people like Blair White as one of his top receivers. He's made guys like Pierre Garcon, Anthony Gonzalez, Eric Decker, Austin Collie, and Julius Thomas look like superstars. Demaryius Thomas was widely regarded as one of the best receivers in the NFL, and had thousand yard years every time Peyton was there. Peyton helped elevate his game.

Peyton Manning is proof that he can turn anybody into a superstar. 6 receivers under Manning had 1,000 yards receiving and more. He has a special talent to make those around him better, especially receivers that would not have lasted long on another team.

@petey_is_spidey: Agree. Marino is probably the best pure passer the NFL's ever seen.

batmanalways_wins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: @peterparkerjr:

For Spidey

•And 2 costly interceptions. People seem to forget those.

•A Peyton interception did set up Jacoby Jones. You're just denying facts now.

•Reggie was right where the ball was. Peyton just stared him down leading to Porter doing what he did.

•The pats did not get away with calls in the 05 game. Peyton threw 4 interceptions. 3 to the same guy. Inexcusable.

•Peyton was ineffective in 48. "The greatest offense of all time" couldn't put up a point until trash time.

•Clark declined befoee Peyton left. It was just age.

•Wayne was only declining because of injury and age after 2012. Not because Peyton made him.

•Welker didn't average enough yards per game to hit 1000.

•Branch was terrible in Seattle. Brady made him.

•Eric Decker just had his best season on the Jets. Julius Thomas' production didn't drop in Jacksonville. Garçon is great in Washington. Collie was never great.

•They were number 3 in total defense but 1 in scoring.

•Again Peytons defenses average 14 to Bradys 16th.

•Brady has 5 with 1k yards and one guy who finished a season with 998. Brady is more adaptable.

For jr:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=572202

And if you think Montana is better how come you said he benefitted from great recievers and deteriorated into nothing stellar?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom, without a doubt

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanalways_wins:

• A tipped ball well before the Jacoby Jones play happened. And the other in OT after a Denver defender failed to make an INT of his own.
  • They ran on 3rd down and had to punt back to Baltimore. 2 plays later, the Jacoby Jones play happened.
  • He wasn't. Reggie stopped on his route and let Porter get in front of him. Manning threw it where Reggie was supposed to be and he wasn't there.
  • Multiple missed holding calls...
  • Peyton didn't have a good game, but the blame doesn't lie solely with him is my point.
  • Clark had over a thousand yards the year before Peyton left.
  • He almost had 800 yards avg. 60 yards per. 3 more, he would've hit 1,000 no problem. He just got hurt.
  • Decker had his 2 best years in Denver when he had back-to-back thousand yard seasons. Especially the KC game when he exploded with 4 TD's. Jets wouldn't be looking at him if his game hadn't elevated with Peyton throwing him the ball. Julius hasn't done anything noteworthy in Jacksonville yet, and Collie was great when he was with Peyton.
  • Are you just going by scoring defense, or total defense?
  • How does that refute my point when Peyton's produced more thousand yard receivers?
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Battle.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: @peterparkerjr:

For Spidey

•And 2 costly interceptions. People seem to forget those.

•A Peyton interception did set up Jacoby Jones. You're just denying facts now.

•Reggie was right where the ball was. Peyton just stared him down leading to Porter doing what he did.

•The pats did not get away with calls in the 05 game. Peyton threw 4 interceptions. 3 to the same guy. Inexcusable.

•Peyton was ineffective in 48. "The greatest offense of all time" couldn't put up a point until trash time.

•Clark declined befoee Peyton left. It was just age.

•Wayne was only declining because of injury and age after 2012. Not because Peyton made him.

•Welker didn't average enough yards per game to hit 1000.

•Branch was terrible in Seattle. Brady made him.

•Eric Decker just had his best season on the Jets. Julius Thomas' production didn't drop in Jacksonville. Garçon is great in Washington. Collie was never great.

•They were number 3 in total defense but 1 in scoring.

•Again Peytons defenses average 14 to Bradys 16th.

•Brady has 5 with 1k yards and one guy who finished a season with 998. Brady is more adaptable.

For jr:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=572202

And if you think Montana is better how come you said he benefitted from great recievers and deteriorated into nothing stellar?

WAT????

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After super bowl 51, this debate isn't even close anymore. Brady stomps both of them

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All 3 are just system qb's. Joe Namath - now there's a winner.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to go with Peyton Manning. He is a general not just a quarterback. He is a genius when it comes to play making not just a dude who throws the ball. When he's at his best he has the records. Brady is too much of a system player to me. I don't see him being able to do what he does on other teams. Joe Montana is Joe Montana all he does is win LOL, but I still got to go with Peyton Manning. The rules in NFL are what they are now because everyone is more athletic than back then.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not a battle. Tom Brady is a cheater, so he loses by default.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stormdriven

There's absolutely no doubt now about who you should want to put you in position to win. Just watch Super Bowls 49 and 51. Tom is the greatest of all time.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MAZAHS117

Peyton will put up crazy numbers in the regular season, but falls short in the post

I can't stomach Brady and the team he plays for, I'd be getting in bed with the enemy, so not picking Tommy boy

Give me Montana and let's see what we can do

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady is not a system qb. He's played with one hall of fame wide receiver in his whole career and still has had tremendous success and is the greatest qb of all time with non household names. Also the amount of people picking Peyton is disgusting. Choked in sb44, sb48, and got carried in sb 50.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Brady honestly stomps at this point. Joe Montana is completely blown out of the water in regular season stats, while Brady is top 4 in all major categories(Passing yards, passing touchdowns,etc.). Peyton Manning be ahead of Tom brady in regular season stats but not by much. In the playoffs, meanwhile, Peyton is extremely outclassed. 9 one and done occasions is not helping his case at all, throws a game sealing pick 6 against the saints, gets carried by an all time great defense to a Super Bowl victory, in an abysmal year where he threw 9 touchdowns to 17 interceptions. And no, Brady's defense doing the heavy lifting this year is nowhere near the same.

Now, for Joe Montana.

Tom once again has him beat in post-season yards and touchdowns by a pretty wide margin. 6-3>>4-0. We should not award first round exits or not making it to the super bowl.

Joe Montana only has brady beat in stats in his first 4 super bowls. The rest of brady's appearances can not be used against him as Joe never got those appearances and his numbers could have changed dramatically.

Not to mention New England has 12 draft picks and is gonna refuel for next year, so a 7th ring is a possibility, which would make this an epic curbstomp.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Tom Brady snaps his fingers with his completed infinity gauntlet and wipes the other 2 from existence

Scotchbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Brady is part of a team

Peyton Manning IS the team

Peyton Manning added wins to your record because he was that good

Tom Brady has the benefit of usually having a great defense to help him out

Manning usually carried his teams to wins

Put Peyton Manning on the patriots and they finish their 16-0 season 19-0 instead of 18-1.

I’d choose Manning every time

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The actual GOAT