Posted by Paracelsus (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor crybaby American conservatives- not content with having th White House, Congress, FOX TV, Rush Limbaugh and possibly the US Supreme Court on their side, they now whine(to quote Tim Allen) that being right wing in Hollywood is like Germany in the 1930s( presumably he means minority groups such as Jews victimized by the Nazis). This must surely rank as the stupidest comment of the week(exceeding even Bow Wow's threat to pimp out Melania Trump as a sex slave). I don;t pay as much attention to American goings on as I should but I don;t recall conservatives in Hollywood being forced to wear the equivalent of the Yellow Star(as Jews in the Reich were), being systematically forced out of the professions and then either machine gunned en masse or packed off to gas chambers in concentration camps).

I admit that I rather liked his performance in "Home Improvement" and the "Santa Clause" movies just as I like Patricia Heaton in "Everybody Loves Raymond" Angie Harmon as ADA Abbie Carmichael in "law And Order" "Kelsey Grammer in "Frasier" or James Woods in "Shark"(and other actors whose views on politics deviate from the stanard liberal consensus of Tinseltown), but this ludicrous claim of persecution devalues the sufferings of minorities under Nazi rule!

Anybody think as I do?

Terry

Avatar image for bella_blackstar
#1 Posted by Bella_Blackstar (4456 posts) - - Show Bio

That sure was a jumble of a read and who cares ?

#2 Posted by Spambot (8642 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what he actually said is that its like whichever side you are on if you are around people who are on the other side they will bully you about your political opinions. Being an actor of course he is generally around the anti Trump side more often but I think he said it goes both ways and it was more a commentary on how our society currently behaves which to some degree I think he is right. Everything right now is defined by your opinion on Donald Trump.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#3 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Your right it is hyperbole but can you link me to you making the same complaint about the countless people who have made Hitler comparisons with Trump?

If you haven't then maybe you should realize that your problem is with his Nazi comparison but your own personal bias with what he has said and you are deflecting.

#4 Posted by removekebab (3178 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally who?

#5 Posted by Heatblaze (10271 posts) - - Show Bio

Literally who?

Buzz Lightyear's voice actor.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
#6 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (892 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? To say that his comment is more outrageous than Bow Wow's statement about the First Lady, is absurd.

#7 Posted by Klaa2 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, right wingers do get treated like Nazis by a good portion of the left.

#8 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (11648 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by LordWhiskers (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Allen is still around? Lol whats he do.

#10 Edited by cruelestashley (4202 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how much cocaine he was on before he got caught trafficking it--and if he's on any now or just blinded by lack of self-awareness.

#11 Posted by Green_Tea (8959 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim, stop it or Disney won't let you on for Toy Story 4.

#12 Posted by sophia89 (19805 posts) - - Show Bio

What would TS 4 be about? The boy already went to college, and the toys accepted that they can't belong to the same child forever.

#13 Posted by HeroUp2112 (13607 posts) - - Show Bio

While I admit that Allen's comment is a VERY poor analogy, and DOES demean those who suffered horribly under the Nazi regime, it also should be noted that the left regularly compare conservative to the Nazi's as well. There's plenty of outrageous hyperbole to go around.

As someone else pointed out, Allen's comment pales in comparison to Bow Wow's, so yeah, picking on Allen's shows a little bit of bias here I think.

For my part, I think both far sides suck on ice.

#14 Posted by Dernman (24447 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Allen is still around? Lol whats he do.

He has a TV series on ABC called Last Man Standing.

#15 Posted by Dernman (24447 posts) - - Show Bio

While his statement may be hyperbole he does have a point. I also think it's silly going going after him for it considering I'm sure he meant it to be taken as such.

Really? To say that his comment is more outrageous than Bow Wow's statement about the First Lady, is absurd.

Also this.

#16 Posted by BlueHope (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

What would TS 4 be about? The boy already went to college, and the toys accepted that they can't belong to the same child forever.

Will be about making even more money for Disney.

#17 Posted by Dernman (24447 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluehope said:
@sophia89 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

He can have a kid who he passes the toys too or he become a 40 year old man child who still plays with toys. There is also him passing his toys to another kid. He's not even needed.

#18 Posted by sophia89 (19805 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:
@bluehope said:
@sophia89 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

He can have a kid who he passes the toys too or he become a 40 year old man child who still plays with toys. There is also him passing his toys to another kid. He's not even needed.

He already gave his toys to the neighbor's kid in the end of 3.

Loading Video...

#19 Posted by Dernman (24447 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:
@dernman said:
@bluehope said:
@sophia89 said:
@solid_snake97 said:

He already gave his toys to the neighbor's kid in the end of 3.

Loading Video...

Well there you go. The net Toy Story involves that kid. Personally I don't care if it goes on but if they wanted they could.

#20 Posted by Paracelsus (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Bow Wow made a fool out of himself by threatening to"pimp FLOTUS out and make her work for us" but Tim Allen devalued the bona fide suffering of millions under Nazi rule by his asinine comparison- to my mind therefore(bias irrelevant) his comments were more deserving of condemnation!

#21 Edited by just_sayin (1696 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how much cocaine he was on before he got caught trafficking it--and if he's on any now or just blinded by lack of self-awareness.

Just cause a guy is high doesn't mean he doesn't have a point. References to Hitler's Germany to anyone is usually a bad way of communicating. His word choice was poor. He said "You gotta be real careful around here [Hollywood]. You get beat up if you don't believe what everybody else believes. This is like '30s Germany."

An honest person would have to admit that Hollywood is not only predominately left but that some actively seek to remove those that don't share their politics from their presence. For instance, Sean Penn suggested to Nick Spacey [Justified] that if he had known his politics at the time he would not have worked with him. To which Spacey rightly replied, 'Congratulations on your Oscar — now do me a favor and shine it up real nice and stick it up your ass so you can see it when you wake up in the morning, because that’s where your head is.'

Maria Conchita Alonso was removed from a Spanish version of the "Vagina Monologues" for, get this, the sin of supporting a Tea Party Republican. She was fired for supporting a "teabagger". Can you imagine that happening in reverse? Imagine someone firing Ben Affleck for his political views. They should fire him for his crappy acting in Batman, but for his political views? I doubt it. And the funny thing about it is that Affleck actually said in a Playboy interview that it was hard for him to watch big Republican actors on screen because of the disdain he has for their politics. Did you see him in Gigli? Now that was something that was hard to watch.

#22 Posted by Paracelsus (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but even so, does it NOT occur to Tim Allen that he sounds awfully like the liberal/left wing "generation snowflakes" that conservatives are so fond of ridiculing for their alleged need for "safe spaces" and "trigger warnings"???

Terry

PS I routinely watch TV comedies and dramas such as "Law and Order" "Frasier" "Everybody Loves Raymond""Shark" whose casts include people like Angie Harmon(presumably no relation to Mark Harmon of NCIS fame) Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton and James Woods whose politics are definitely NOT on the same page as my own!

#23 Edited by cruelestashley (4202 posts) - - Show Bio

@cruelestashley said:

Just cause a guy is high doesn't mean he doesn't have a point. References to Hitler's Germany to anyone is usually a bad way of communicating. His word choice was poor. He said "You gotta be real careful around here [Hollywood]. You get beat up if you don't believe what everybody else believes. This is like '30s Germany."

An honest person would have to admit that Hollywood is not only predominately left but that some actively seek to remove those that don't share their politics from their presence. For instance, Sean Penn suggested to Nick Spacey [Justified] that if he had known his politics at the time he would not have worked with him. To which Spacey rightly replied, 'Congratulations on your Oscar — now do me a favor and shine it up real nice and stick it up your ass so you can see it when you wake up in the morning, because that’s where your head is.'

Maria Conchita Alonso was removed from a Spanish version of the "Vagina Monologues" for, get this, the sin of supporting a Tea Party Republican. She was fired for supporting a "teabagger". Can you imagine that happening in reverse? Imagine someone firing Ben Affleck for his political views. They should fire him for his crappy acting in Batman, but for his political views? I doubt it. And the funny thing about it is that Affleck actually said in a Playboy interview that it was hard for him to watch big Republican actors on screen because of the disdain he has for their politics. Did you see him in Gigli? Now that was something that was hard to watch.

No Caption Provided

#24 Posted by Paracelsus (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

When Allen claims that you get "beat up" for supporting Trump in Hollywood does he actually MEAN being physically assaulted (as opposed to being criticized or sent to Coventry)???

Terry

#25 Posted by stumpy49er (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by sophia89 (19805 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone I don't like is literally Hitler.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#27 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, the liberal butthurt in the OP fills my white old rich dead heart with such joy lol!

#28 Edited by BlueHope (2680 posts) - - Show Bio

@paracelsus said:

Bow Wow made a fool out of himself by threatening to"pimp FLOTUS out and make her work for us" but Tim Allen devalued the bona fide suffering of millions under Nazi rule by his asinine comparison- to my mind therefore(bias irrelevant) his comments were more deserving of condemnation!

No, comparing something harmless or near harmless with Nazism is stupid(Sjws do it almost daily)but is obviously far FAR FAAAAR less serious than threatening a woman of slavery and sexual assault for no reason.

#29 Posted by Green_Tea (8959 posts) - - Show Bio

Bow Wow.

#30 Posted by mrmonster (6363 posts) - - Show Bio

@paracelsus: Calm down. I'll admit that his comments were stupid, but so what, he's a celebrity, who cares what he thinks? As long as he does good voice work in Toy Story 4, I don't care what he says or does.

People like you have become what you claim to hate. You may think Trump is acting foolish when he starts a Twitter feud with a beauty queen, but honestly, you're no better than him if you continue to post things like this.

#31 Posted by Deathstroke52 (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

Obvious hyperbole but the point is probably true.

#32 Posted by Tyger (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

When Allen claims that you get "beat up" for supporting Trump in Hollywood does he actually MEAN being physically assaulted (as opposed to being criticized or sent to Coventry)???

Terry

Well, Tyler Perry built his studio in Georgia, and the Walking Dead uses it, in part supposedly to get away from the nastiness in Hollywood. And they're mostly left leaning. Just a quick glance at Hollywood's history would indicate that physical violence is considered just another day at the job to people that push around billions of dollars regularly. The horror stories of today just won't come out until the actor or actress says 'I'm done' and walks away or dies. (Except the occasional leaked tirade.)

#33 Posted by Tyger (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluehope said:
@paracelsus said:

No, comparing something harmless or near harmless with Nazism is stupid(Sjws do it almost daily)but is obviously far FAR FAAAAR less serious than threatening a woman of slavery and sexual assault for no reason.

Did you know Shirley Temple didn't get the role of 'Dorothy' in Wizard of Oz because (at 12) she giggled at the site of a producer's penis?

Earlier, in the Last Tango in Paris, the actress was never given a script for the rape scene. She didn't know what was happening. In other words... it was an actual, on camera rape.

It hasn't exactly stopped either. Bill Cosby, Chris Brown, Sean Penn, Roman Polanski, Nicholas Cage. Money and connections = 'do what we want to who we want' attitude.

Jokes about the 'casting couch' are based on a very real problem.

#34 Posted by Paracelsus (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Bow Wow in a position to make good on his threats "to pimp Melania Trump out and make her work for us"(presumably as a sex slave)? Not unless he is willing to risk being shot dead by the Secret Service/NYPD by breaking into Trump Tower!

By any reasonable standards, Tim Allen's claims that being conservative in Hollywood was like being in Germany during the 1930s was and is imcomparably MORE offensive than Bow Wow's threats!

Terry

PS whose bias is showing now?!

#35 Posted by Tyger (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Bow Wow in a position to make good on his threats "to pimp Melania Trump out and make her work for us"(presumably as a sex slave)? Not unless he is willing to risk being shot dead by the Secret Service/NYPD by breaking into Trump Tower!

By any reasonable standards, Tim Allen's claims that being conservative in Hollywood was like being in Germany during the 1930s was and is imcomparably MORE offensive than Bow Wow's threats!

Terry

Yours?

You are saying that the suffering of people 80 years ago is somehow more 'real' than the suffering of people right now.

#36 Edited by Dernman (24447 posts) - - Show Bio

@EvilTyger said:
@paracelsus said:

Terry

Yours?

You are saying that the suffering of people 80 years ago is somehow more 'real' than the suffering of people right now.

Also it's not like presidents haven't been assassinated very close before. While I can't imagine Bow Wow would have the balls to do it the Bow Wow not being in the position to do it argument is a bit bullshit. Never mind the fact that it's bullshit even if he was. Just because someone can't go through with it doesn't mean it's any less appalling if he would and could.

#37 Posted by JohnCena69swag (2650 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

Everyone I don't like is literally Hitler.

#38 Posted by depinhom (12548 posts) - - Show Bio