Things are (financially) not looking good for Aquaman...

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tj849

It has to compete with-

Late November-

• Wreck it Ralph 2
  • Fantastic beasts 2

December-

• Spider-Man animated film
  • Mary poppins 2
  • Bumblebee solo film

Early January-

• Hellboy

Aquaman releases mid december btw

No Caption Provided

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Doesn't seem that bad to me, it will be up to whether it's actually a good movie or not. (And the marketing of course).

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@tj849 said:

It has to compete with-

Late November-

• Wreck it Ralph 2
  • Fantastic beasts 2

December-

• Spider-Man animated film
  • Mary poppins 2
  • Bumblebee solo film

No Caption Provided

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tj849

@gotoucanario: China/inters will eat up the bumblebee film plus the actual character is popular. Mary poppins is a classic and the older gen will favour over that (and its Disney). Spider-Man and Wreck it ralph will take a chunk of the family/kids. Fantastic beasts one made over 800m.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: You obviously dont understand how much of a classic Mary poppins is plus its a Disney film. Sigh.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849 said:

@itouchedtheboat: You obviously dont understand how much of a classic Mary poppins is plus its a Disney film. Sigh.

classics dont mean anything, modern incarnation of Robocop was a flop, The Mummy was a flop, TMNT (micheal bay) was a flop. The list keeps on going. Besides the people who would go see a Disney movie like Marry Poppins aren't exactly the demographic Aquaman is targeting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leave mary poppins alone u greedy hacks!

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Aquaman will be at the mercy of reviews

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: Classics dont mean anything? Are you being serious? Look at Jurassic world, that film made 1.6 bill. Beauty and the beast 1.2 bill, Jungle book over 900m I could go on lol. Disney films always critically are well received, all of the films you've mentioned are from mixed-terrible. You'd be suprised how important family are in a films box office, why do you think all of the top films are films which you could take your 10 year old brother to?

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a moment I thought you were referring to the Rebirth series.

GrImuS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: I think people will still go see it but I hear what you're saying. Don't forget about all the Magic Mike-esque fangirls that just want to see Momoa with his shirt off lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I dont see it making over 400 mil.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: thats actually a good point. Didn't realize that

Marry Poppins is still trash tho lol

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849: thats actually a good point. Didn't realize that

Marry Poppins is still trash tho lol

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: I hope you die a painful & humiliating death. I hope you beg like a dog before you die too. Mary Poppins is a way of life.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it makes 400 Millions I would be surprised, hell, it even looks Justice League won't even reach 600 Millions before Star Wars put it down of its misery.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrmonster

I disagree.

First off, Fantastic Beasts 2 and Wreck it Ralph 2 will be non factors by the time Aquaman hits theaters, and Aquaman has plenty of time to avoid the Hellboy reboot. The only factors are the other late December releases.

I think Aquaman's timing will help it. It's releasing around Christmas, and Christmas is a big time for movies. Normally Star Wars dominates Christmas, but since it won't in 2019, it's anyone's game, and I'm betting on Aquaman. The disappointingly low gross of Transformers is a sign that audiences may be ditching the Transformers, so I think it's biggest competition will be Mary Poppins.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the studio feels there is too much competition, they might end up moving it. I mean, it's still over a year away, there is still time to move it ahead or behind a month or two if they want. They recently did that with Wonder Woman 2.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Omega_kai

I feel like it’s going to do bad or ok, it has practically no momentum backing it nor was anyone particularly asking for an Aquaman film.

VTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will fail.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

@jaycool2 said:

For a moment I thought you were referring to the Rebirth series.

There's no room for comicbook talk on a comic site. Movies are all that matters!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Why would an animated film compete with it....?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Zetsu-San

@all-father said:

Why would an animated film compete with it....?

It's not a direct to tv cartoon movie, it's an actual high budget film like Big Hero Six.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. That's a lot of competition.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree.

First off, Fantastic Beasts 2 and Wreck it Ralph 2 will be non factors by the time Aquaman hits theaters, and Aquaman has plenty of time to avoid the Hellboy reboot. The only factors are the other late December releases.

I think Aquaman's timing will help it. It's releasing around Christmas, and Christmas is a big time for movies. Normally Star Wars dominates Christmas, but since it won't in 2019, it's anyone's game, and I'm betting on Aquaman. The disappointingly low gross of Transformers is a sign that audiences may be ditching the Transformers, so I think it's biggest competition will be Mary Poppins.

Im just gonna copy what I said to this guy- China/inters will eat up the bumblebee film plus the actual character is popular. Mary poppins is a classic and the older gen will favour over that (and its Disney). Spider-Man and Wreck it ralph will take a chunk of the family/kids. Fantastic beasts one made over 800m.

Its looking like Mary poppins will take the domestics and bumblebee will take the internationals.

If the studio feels there is too much competition, they might end up moving it. I mean, it's still over a year away, there is still time to move it ahead or behind a month or two if they want. They recently did that with Wonder Woman 2.

Thats what I was thinking, what film did Wonder Woman 2 move because of?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mrmonster

@tj849 said:
@mrmonster said:

I disagree.

Im just gonna copy what I said to this guy- China/inters will eat up the bumblebee film plus the actual character is popular. Mary poppins is a classic and the older gen will favour over that (and its Disney). Spider-Man and Wreck it ralph will take a chunk of the family/kids. Fantastic beasts one made over 800m.

Its looking like Mary poppins will take the domestics and bumblebee will take the internationals.

Thats what I was thinking, what film did Wonder Woman 2 move because of?

Star Wars Episode 9. Wonder Woman 2 was originally supposed to release in December of 2019, but when Star Wars Episode 9 moved to that slot, Warner Bros. pushed it forward two weeks to November 2019.

If Warner Bros. agrees with you and thinks Aquaman has too much competition, they could do something similar.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Makes sense, I think they should maybe push it back to January, they cant do November because of X-men dark phoneix, Wreck it ralph and Fantastic beasts (way too much competition). January atm only Hellboy is there.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers