Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jax

Methos says:

"yes... i believe it's just past the 12,000 word mark... i'd have to check to be sure though... M"

12,000 words. Crap. That means I can only add 2 more chapters to my 2.0 bio. I'll have 3 which are 4,000 each.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sparda

I just found this out a few moments ago. I added another chapter to Sparda's Super Life, and half of it got cut off.

Is this a restriction that the admin put on or is it something about space?

I'm not really complaining (I can make a fan-fic to have the rest of the bio in), I was just surprised and wondering.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

yes...

i believe it's just past the 12,000 word mark... i'd have to check to be sure though...

M

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sparda

Methos says:

"yes...i believe it's just past the 12,000 word mark... i'd have to check to be sure though...M"

Wow. I need to stop spacing out my lines when I write......

Thanks for that. Guess I'm just gonna have to make a fan-fic thread.

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Wow. I'm gonna have to make a fan-fic too....

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sparda

Super-Nova says:

"theres a way to out go that word mark i think, if you write what you want on word and paste it in your bio it should still be the same."

That's what I did originally......

Super Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Super Nova

theres a way to out go that word mark i think, if you write what you want on word and paste it in your bio it should still be the same.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sparda

Kain Echnida says:

"I don't think you folks need to have bios that incorporate EVERY single miniscule detail of your character, because that's ridiculous. Think about it like the bios of characters on the vine. I don't see every little issue being discussed in Spider-Man or Thanos' page. You can just sum up your character's history and if absolutly feel like you need to make every bloody detail out in the open, then just fan-fic it. I personally don't feel like reading somebody's super-life and reading their conversations that go on. I'd rather just read up summaries but then again, that's my opinion."

My Bio, originally, wasn't meant to be just a summary, I was making it up to a fan-fic that you didn't have to go through pages of the forums to find. But, I can see your point.

Super Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Super Nova

Sparda says:

"Super-Nova says:
"theres a way to out go that word mark i think, if you write what you want on word and paste it in your bio it should still be the same."

That's what I did originally......"

lol nvm then^^

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Midnight Lantern

I hope my bio is Ok.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kain Echnida

I don't think you folks need to have bios that incorporate EVERY single miniscule detail of your character, because that's ridiculous. Think about it like the bios of characters on the vine. I don't see every little issue being discussed in Spider-Man or Thanos' page. You can just sum up your character's history and if absolutly feel like you need to make every bloody detail out in the open, then just fan-fic it. I personally don't feel like reading somebody's super-life and reading their conversations that go on. I'd rather just read up summaries but then again, that's my opinion.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sparda says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"I don't think you folks need to have bios that incorporate EVERY single miniscule detail of your character, because that's ridiculous. Think about it like the bios of characters on the vine. I don't see every little issue being discussed in Spider-Man or Thanos' page. You can just sum up your character's history and if absolutly feel like you need to make every bloody detail out in the open, then just fan-fic it. I personally don't feel like reading somebody's super-life and reading their conversations that go on. I'd rather just read up summaries but then again, that's my opinion."
My Bio, originally, wasn't meant to be just a summary, I was making it up to a fan-fic that you didn't have to go through pages of the forums to find. But, I can see your point."

Exactly, you don't need to make it a fan-fic though. If you want it to be a fan-fic, then make a bloody fan-fic, don't make it your bio because nobody wants to read that if they want to read your super-life. They just want a summary. If I'm looking at your profile, I don't want to sit back and have to read everything if I just want to know the OVERALL picture of things.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
My Bio, originally, wasn't meant to be just a summary, I was making it up to a fan-fic that you didn't have to go through pages of the forums to find. But, I can see your point."

Exactly, you don't need to make it a fan-fic though. If you want it to be a fan-fic, then make a bloody fan-fic, don't make it your bio because nobody wants to read that if they want to read your super-life. They just want a summary. If I'm looking at your profile, I don't want to sit back and have to read everything if I just want to know the OVERALL picture of things."

That's what I did at the beginning of it-I put a neat little summarization. After that, I went into more detail. I'm probably one of the only people, but I enjoy lengthy bios that are full of detail. They're always there, and I know where to find them easy.

Eh, whatever....."

My bio is so long that reading every last word of it can and will drive you mad.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Methos

Dreadnaught says:

"I order this cap to be removed, it's impractical. "

Yes ma'am...

snaps off a salute before walking away to fix it

wait, bugger this, i can't even pretend to be interested in this complaint lol

M

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

I order this cap to be removed, it's impractical.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

Kain Echnida says:

"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:

Exactly, you don't need to make it a fan-fic though. If you want it to be a fan-fic, then make a bloody fan-fic, don't make it your bio because nobody wants to read that if they want to read your super-life. They just want a summary. If I'm looking at your profile, I don't want to sit back and have to read everything if I just want to know the OVERALL picture of things."

That's what I did at the beginning of it-I put a neat little summarization. After that, I went into more detail. I'm probably one of the only people, but I enjoy lengthy bios that are full of detail. They're always there, and I know where to find them easy.

Eh, whatever.....

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kain Echnida

Sparda says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
That's what I did at the beginning of it-I put a neat little summarization. After that, I went into more detail. I'm probably one of the only people, but I enjoy lengthy bios that are full of detail. They're always there, and I know where to find them easy. Eh, whatever....."

I enjoy them too, but I don't want to read it on a bio. Give me a story in the STORY section. I just want a summary of it. Then again, I'm picky about these things.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vrakmul

Fanfics are too impractical to lug around.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vrakmul

Kain Echnida says:

"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
That's what I did at the beginning of it-I put a neat little summarization. After that, I went into more detail. I'm probably one of the only people, but I enjoy lengthy bios that are full of detail. They're always there, and I know where to find them easy. Eh, whatever....."

I enjoy them too, but I don't want to read it on a bio. Give me a story in the STORY section. I just want a summary of it. Then again, I'm picky about these things."

But stories cannot come with you wherever you go.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ronin alexsnder

Kain Echnida says:

"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:

I enjoy them too, but I don't want to read it on a bio. Give me a story in the STORY section. I just want a summary of it. Then again, I'm picky about these things."

i prefer long bio's really if you want a summary just go to the part that says powers and weakness's there's ur summary.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ronin alexsnder

Dreadnaught says:

"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:
"Sparda says:
"Kain Echnida says:

But stories cannot come with you wherever you go. "

wow for the first time we agree on something.

Kain Echnida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kain Echnida

ronin alexsnder says:

"i prefer long bio's really if you want a summary just go to the part that says powers and weakness's there's ur summary."

Powers and Weaknesses isn't a summary. That's explaining guess what, POWERS AND WEAKNESSES, NOT the character's history. Why include every little bloody detail as to the conversations and all that. Just keep the relevant information. It's stupid to put in a bio "His coat swayed and he did and he did that and slept on the hay stack and yada yada yada" when no one cares about little things like that. Keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Dreadnaught says:

"But stories cannot come with you wherever you go. "

Email them to yourself, make it a blog or something. Or make a thread about it. You don't need the story to go with you everywhere and if you do, figure something out as opposed to making it on a bio.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Nighthunter

Why is there a limit of words? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious lol

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

aztek_the_lost says:

"limited server space...but that's why I just continue my bio on a second account"

hmm that does make sense

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but you can put chapters on your character into your blog as well as fanfic threads. That's what I did with my other profile, Grim Wolf.