• 86 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#1 Edited by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says it all people.

Which is better overall, all things considered, combat, story and graphics since skyrim has been remastered.

Which is a better game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#2 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Morrowind>>>Oblivion>Witcher 3>Skyrim

Avatar image for namesclassified
#3 Edited by NamesClassified (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3. Better story, more agency over the narrative, and a much better combat system.

#4 Edited by Killerwasp (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

so veg it's not even funny try again

#5 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by dajhonmccloud (3031 posts) - - Show Bio

Skyrim

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#7 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Killerwasp (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: this thread is so vague and sorry my phone's a little dumb. Add rules, put environment, etc.

#9 Edited by cdiddyman911 (5537 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle

But Skyrim is superior as a game, however Witcher has the batter graphics, face movement, etc.

#10 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ultimatemidtier
#11 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3 in a stomp. Skyrim is bad.

#12 Posted by mr-luxcipher (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3. Better story, more agency over the narrative, and a much better combat system.

Witcher 3 in a stomp.

#13 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle

But Skyrim is superior as a game, however Witcher has the batter graphics, face movement, etc.

Better as a game? How?

#14 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, not a battle.

#15 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@cullobsidian789: Can you ask the mod to transfer it then. I am on my phone and can't tag.

#16 Posted by UltimateMidTier (30 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by TheParadox (847 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3 is better game, better story, better combat, better music, better world

#19 Posted by Killerwasp (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Then you're in the wrong area this is a general discussions/off topic question

However imo Skyrim had better gameplay style, witcher had better storyline imo

#20 Edited by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by PenguinDust (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people like the base game of Witcher 3 and if that's all were talking about I give it to W3, too. But, if you include the modability of Skyrim and how much fun a perfectly modded Skyrim is, it is easily the Bethesda game that won't go away, Skyrim. I love Skyrim and have put well over 1000 hours into it. Hell, I was $@#%ing around with it just moments ago. If you've only played Skyrim straight out of the box then you really haven't played Skyrim.

#22 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

@death2heretics: Oblivion is the Worst TES game so I don't see how it's better than Skyrim or TW3.

Oblivion is literally a bad game

#23 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: For me, Oblivion its a great game. Sure the animations are horrendous but The Assasins guild Quests, Shivering Isles & The side Quests make up for it imo.

The best part is, you can install mods to enhance the gameplay.

#24 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

@death2heretics: It's not about the animations it's the game part of Oblivion that's bad. Oblivion has poor game design. You can enhance any game with mods, that doesn't mean the game itself it's good, it means the fans are good.

#25 Edited by grappolo (3036 posts) - - Show Bio

The witcher 3 lol stomps, skyrim with no mods is nothing.

#26 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Idk i enjoyed it alot. The only thing that i don't like about Oblivion is the animations and overall interactions with the NPCs.

#27 Edited by Zokologue3 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Witcher 3 is better but skyrim is funnier to play and you'll never get bored of it. Also skyrim has a lot of mods.

#28 Edited by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by phillip33 (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3 is vastly superior from a story telling perspective, but from a replayability standpoint it barely scratches the surface of what can be done in Skyrim. I enjoyed both equally. My first play through of the Witcher 3 was better than any play through I had in Skyrim, but I still screw around in Skyrim for hours to this day.

#30 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: HAHAHAHAHAHAH

The imperial guards are the best thing about the game.

#31 Edited by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Wut (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

I know people like the base game of Witcher 3 and if that's all were talking about I give it to W3, too. But, if you include the modability of Skyrim and how much fun a perfectly modded Skyrim is, it is easily the Bethesda game that won't go away, Skyrim. I love Skyrim and have put well over 1000 hours into it. Hell, I was $@#%ing around with it just moments ago. If you've only played Skyrim straight out of the box then you really haven't played Skyrim.

^

#33 Posted by Static Shock (53032 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 2 is better than Skyrim, and it's not even an open-world game.

Witcher 3 shits on Skyrim. Period.

#34 Edited by Vertigo- (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3 is pretty much better in all the conditions listed by the OP. Combat is more challenging, the story is hilariously better, the graphics are better, especially if you have a high end gaming PC.

I also disagree on Oblivion being better then Witcher 3. The leveling system was pretty crappy (had to rest to level up) and the fact that the entire map was available as soon as you completed the tutorial killed any urge I had to actually explore the open world.

#36 Posted by mikethekiller (9677 posts) - - Show Bio

Withcher 3 graphics are far superior to skyrim but I honestly enjoy the combat better in skyrim. I was never able to get into witcher 3 so i can't speak on the story.

#37 Posted by LadyAdeline (398 posts) - - Show Bio

The Witcher 3 by a lot.

Skyrim lose points on console, whitout mods.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#38 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are graphics being compared for a next gen game that has 4 years on the other one?

#39 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by Richard96 (5807 posts) - - Show Bio

Skyrim wrecks house

#41 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5084 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by KingCrimson (5656 posts) - - Show Bio

Witcher 3 has a superior story, soundtrack, combat system, graphics - the full shabang.

And yet, Skyrim is easily the more replayable of the two, despite being 5+ years older than the Witcher. I have lost months of my life to Skyrim, 2nd only to Oblivion.

From a replayability standpoint, TES games really have no equal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
#43 Posted by deactivated-5bb52f8f25413 (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

The Witcher 3 is superior to Skyrim in nearly every possible way (except for combat) imo.

#44 Posted by mikethekiller (9677 posts) - - Show Bio

Also this.

#45 Posted by JwwProd (20883 posts) - - Show Bio

System Shock 2

#46 Posted by ParagonNate (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

@wut said:
@Penguin-Dust said:

^

But...Skyrim 'out of the box' is Skyrim. All the mods are due to the contribution of the fans and due to the modibility of an open world and open story game like Skyrim. Witcher 3 simply doesn't have the flexibility that Skyrim has when it comes to modding. Plus, if you mod Skyrim enough it isn't Skyrim anymore, it's something you've stripped down and made completely different using Skyrim.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#47 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@mike_fowler: It's not like the remaster had this gen graphics or some drastically altered gameplay changes.

#48 Posted by Wut (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

@paragonnate: No, a game's ease of modding is part of the game. Developers purposely make games easy or not to mod. It is entirely a choice they make when creating the game. So, it has to be a metric of judgement.

#49 Posted by XLR87T3 (10066 posts) - - Show Bio

Skyrim has better lore

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#50 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio