The Strain Official Discussion Thread

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Finally here, the official thread to discuss everything regarding this amazing tv show.

No Caption Provided

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That final episode was jaw-dropping, I don´t know how the hell they´re going to beat The Master after what Zack just did. Can´t wait for Season 4 !!

Gil_Galiad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

This never grabbed my interest

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, there´s gotta be fans of this show around here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This sh*t show is still going?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That final episode was jaw-dropping, I don´t know how the hell they´re going to beat The Master after what Zack just did. Can´t wait for Season 4 !!

Why did I have to miss the last episode of the season!

It was the only episode I had forgotten to watch..... Now I will have to find it online or hope for it to come back on on TV soon.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman: Look for it online man, you won´t regret it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Just finished Season 4 which marks the end for this show, I have mixed feelings.

The dialogue from Fet at the end was pretty good and touching, but I think Quinlan´s and Goodweather´s deaths were too simple and without impact, they should have gone in a more epic fashion, Quinlan should have died fighting instead of just leting himself get hit, and the fight should have been more epic, it was too short and without tension, as for Goodweather, he should have had a final talk with his son with The Master slowly dying and trying to stop them, it was unnecessary for Eph to become the master for his final moments.

Also, Setrakian should have had way more impact in the defeat of the Master, I get the writers were trying to redeem Zack but at this point everyone hated him, there was no redeeming for him, I think it was a nice decision to have Eph detonate the bomb, but they screwed that up as well, Eph should have detonated it and say something like "Setrakian sends his regards", that would have been epic.

I just think that Setrakian was the glue that held the story all together with Quinal as a close second, it should have been them who had the most impact in the Master´s death, I can´t stress enough that Setrakian had to have some mention or call-back or a piece of dialogue to remind the audience how important he was in the defeat of the Master.

It was a bad decision for Zack to be the one who finally defeated the Master, I mean, I saw coming from miles away that Zack would probably turn his back on the master and help the humans win in the end, but not him actually doing all the work and the most important part, quite unnecessary.

This last season was the weakest of all, not to say it was not good, it was pretty good, but the weakest regardless, still a pretty good show overall, Season 3 is my favorite and the show is at its best when it tells the stories by jumping in time with flashbacks to the past and connecting them to the present, for example, the best part of this last season was when we saw Quinlan´s flashback and how he connected to a woman and her child.

Anyway, great show, great final scene with awesome dialogue from Fet.

What are your thoughts ??

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parkeNever knew you liked the series man? I'm currently stucked on Season 3, don't know where to watch it.

Without spoilers, how would you say that Season 4 compared to Season 1?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait, this show is still going on I thought it ended on season 2.

I was watching this show and I really enjoyed it, after season 2 I was waiting and waiting but nothing came out so I assumed the show was canceled and abandoned it.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parkeNever knew you liked the series man? I'm currently stucked on Season 3, don't know where to watch it.

Without spoilers, how would you say that Season 4 compared to Season 1?

I´d say Season 4 is probably the weakest, that´s not to say it was bad, it was still pretty good with some epic moments, but not quite as good as the first and third, my favorite season is S3. The problem with Season 4 is that Zack has more scenes, and both the character and the actor are unbearable, but other than that, it´s fine.

If I had to rate them:

1. S3
  2. S1
  3. S2/S4

Do not read the spoiler block by the way, it has, well, a lot of spoilers lol.

Wait, this show is still going on I thought it ended on season 2.

I was watching this show and I really enjoyed it, after season 2 I was waiting and waiting but nothing came out so I assumed the show was canceled and abandoned it.

The show has officially ended with its four season, it did not get cancelled, it has a clear and planned end.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Oh I see, I probably won't like season 4 if that's the case, I started hating Zack's character at the end of Season 2, I think you know why.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thor_parker82: Oh I see, I probably won't like season 4 if that's the case, I started hating Zack's character at the end of Season 2, I think you know why.

You´ll like it, you just won´t like his scenes lol, thankfully he still has very few scenes, more than the previous seasons, but still few, definitely finish it man, if only to know how it all ends and how they defeat The Master, it´s a good season with some cool moments.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Thor-Parker
Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acrokat: You should finish it, it's pretty good, except for the finale.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vertigo-

Read the books before the series ever started. I actually liked the take on the vampire mythos, at least until the religious aspect played a massive role in it, then it got too convoluted for my liking. Took away from it all. And the last novel was not as strong as the first two imo

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

I haven’t finished yet to watch S4.

However, I think the quality of the show diminished.

S1 and S2 were better than the third and the fourth.

You should finish it, at least to get a closure on the story, S4 was probably the weakest but it was still good IMO, give it another try.

@vertigo- said:

Read the books before the series ever started. I actually liked the take on the vampire mythos, at least until the religious aspect played a massive role in it, then it got too convoluted for my liking. Took away from it all. And the last novel was not as strong as the first two imo

You've seen the show ??

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I haven't watched the TV series at all, although I've mulled over putting it on my list. But watching a series where I already know the whole plot and spoilers keeps me from starting it. Unless it isn't faithful to the novels?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@thor_parker82: I haven't watched the TV series at all, although I've mulled over putting it on my list. But watching a series where I already know the whole plot and spoilers keeps me from starting it. Unless it isn't faithful to the novels?

I can't say, I've never read the novels, but the show is solid, I'd give it a try.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I'll think about it. I just hope it isn't completely faithful to the novels. Some of the casting choices are great, such as Corey Stoll as Ephriam, Kevin Durand as Fet and I even liked David Bradley as Setrakian. They fit the mental images I had when I read the novels.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@thor_parker82: I'll think about it. I just hope it isn't completely faithful to the novels. Some of the casting choices are great, such as Corey Stoll as Ephriam, Kevin Durand as Fet and I even liked David Bradley as Setrakian. They fit the mental images I had when I read the novels.

Excellent casting if you ask me

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zack sucks.