The Race Thread

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#151 frozen  Moderator

My entire outlook on my race has changed these last few months....

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nick_hero22: not how it works nick, to think otherwise is genuine racism

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Mexican master race checking in.

Have you snuck over the border yet? >:)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people really saying the dictionary doesn't define what words mean? Is there a dictionary for every race?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: "Whites never had/have their communities redlined."

But who was Italians and Irish?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pooty said:

To the people who believe racism is rampant... do me a favor.... STFU!!! Stop talking. Stop having pointless protest. Stop writing letters!!

And DO SOMETHING that will actually make a difference!! Everyone knows that money is power. Start affecting "The Man" money. "The Man" doesn't care about people. He cares about power which is obtained by money. "The Man" couldn't care less about your letters or protest. You gotta hurt his pockets. You gotta take his money. It will require some sacrifice on your part but it will be worth it in the end. Freedom and equality is not free nor easy. But these two steps will get "The Mans" attention.

1) Don't go to work. If just 25% of the blacks/Mexicans population stopped making money for the man it would get his attention quick. Imagine if 50% of all minorities stopped working? The Man would be VERY receptive to you.

2) Stop buying anything other then food. No clothes, Tv's, cars, cable, video games, internet etc. Stop giving The Man money which he uses to oppress you. Why give him ammunition to hurt you??!! Stop buying stuff

If minorities like blacks and mexicans did those two things, it would cripple if not destroy the economy. The Man would realize he needs your money. And would go to great lengths to get it.

Or you can keep wasting your time protesting and looting your own neighborhoods or arguing with me on Comicvine. The Man already knows your decision. That's why he's not worried.

Why do you switch personas?

When you're in a thread you know that there's not going to be a lot of black people you're on your personal responsibility, bs.

But because this is the race thread where there's going to be more black people, you want to give advice and preach group economics.

You said it yourself that America is the white man's lane? But you have no problem with that because you benefit from that.

@silkyballfro94: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/generationemigration/2013/02/12/when-the-irish-became-white-immigrants-in-mid-19th-century-us/

They were redlined until after WW2

European immigrants were always considered above blacks in the U.S. heirachy, hence why they didn't like blacks either.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@frozen said:

Elaborate, tbh.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
@laflux said:
@saren said:
@laflux said:
@saren said:

Asian master race here, where are the rest of you?

laughing at how small your d!cks are :p

You won't be laughing when the waves of Chinese genocide begin to come ashore

They would have fodderized India by then. And because they have pretty much bought Africa already, they will treat my people with mercy :p

Indeed, the Chinese are famed for their mercy

I thought you may have been a non-muslim indian given some of your views

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jew master race checking in!

No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

@frozen: In what way?

I just think a lot of people who advocate for ''diversity initiatives'' and ''anti racism'' (who for much of the time, are often white themselves) expect minorities to behave in a certain way; and hold a certain viewpoint. I've seen a lot of Conservative minorities get labeled with the tags of ''internalized racism'' and ''race traitor'' etc by these so-called activists because they don't opt for the party which panders to minorities. Instead of an ethnic minority thinking for him/herself, he/she is expected to conform to a specific political belief. This isn't terribly widespread, but I have witnessed this; so-called ''anti racist'' activists actually hate minorities who disagree with them, and hold them in contempt. This has made me change my outlook on race as it made me question how many people truly care about racism, rather only when the topic suits their agenda.

I was also quite Marxist {definitely not anymore}, and saw myself as an ''oppressed'' person because I'm not white, but I no longer believe that of myself anymore. Thinking of myself as an ''oppressed'' person of colour was just a lazy-ass way for me to make excuses.

Edit - an example is when I advocate my opposition to hate speech laws. I'm someone who could very feasibly be subject to hate speech on the basis of skin colour, yet I believe in free speech (obviously not threats/libel etc). And I when I air these views I can tell that I'm held in contempt by those ''activists'' because they truly believe minorities are poor, helpless people who need to be protected from ''problematic'' words.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

Elaborate, tbh.

@batwatch said:
@frozen said:

In what way?

See post #164.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: "Whites never had/have their communities redlined."

But who was Italians and Irish?

You know how Italians and Irish became white? They became white by oppressing black people in this country.

http://www.amazon.com/Irish-Became-White-Routledge-Classics/dp/0415963095

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@frozen said:
@pyrogram said:

I just think a lot of people who advocate for ''diversity initiatives'' and ''anti racism'' (who for much of the time, are often white themselves) expect minorities to behave in a certain way; and hold a certain viewpoint. I've seen a lot of Conservative minorities get labeled with the tags of ''internalized racism'' and ''race traitor'' etc by these so-called activists because they don't opt for the party which panders to minorities. Instead of an ethnic minority thinking for him/herself, he/she is expected to conform to a specific political belief. This isn't terribly widespread, but I have witnessed this; so-called ''anti racist'' activists actually hate minorities who disagree with them, and hold them in contempt. This has made me change my outlook on race as it made me question how many people truly care about racism, rather only when the topic suits their agenda.

I was also quite Marxist {definitely not anymore}, and saw myself as an ''oppressed'' person because I'm not white, but I no longer believe that of myself anymore. Thinking of myself as an ''oppressed'' person of colour was just a lazy-ass way for me to make excuses.

We'll see how many jobs wants to hire you once affirmative action is gone.

No one is making excuses by saying they're oppressed. The majority of blacks who are oppressed don't even know they are.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Didn't switch anything. I continue to say don't blame others. Life is what you make it. I see no need to force a change myself. But if others do then STFU and force a change. Same message. Different wording

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pooty said:

@jnr6lil: Didn't switch anything. I continue to say don't blame others. Life is what you make it. I see no need to force a change myself. But if others do then STFU and force a change. Same message. Different wording

A middle class white man is telling poor blacks, life is what you make it.

And no one is sitting there blaming others. The majority of blacks don't know a thing about white supremacy. It's the blacks who do make it that find out about it as an explanation to our position in America.

The irony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: Yeah and what about the Italians? Don't try to downplay it. You can't go making ridiculous generalizations like that.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also known as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racismamong white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen andmodel minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

Colour-blind racists say things like this:

• It’s not race, it’s economics …
  • It’s not race, it’s culture …
  • It’s not race, it depends on a person’s background …
  • I’m not prejudiced, but …
  • I’m not black, but …
  • One of my best friends is black.
  • My cousin married a black man.
  • I voted for Barack Obama.
  • I don’t see you as black.

And believe things like this:

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks are not willing to work hard.
  • Blacks want everything handed to them.
  • Blacks hold themselves back, not racism.
  • Blacks are unfairly favoured, whites are not.
  • Blacks do not want to live with us (or eat at our table).
  • Blacks live in the past. They need to get over it and move on.
  • Blacks need to pull themselves up from the bottom like everyone else.
  • Blacks cry racism for everything even though they are the racist ones.

Notice how white people never seem to do anything bad.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

They are not as colour-blind as they think. The only colour they are truly blind to is white.

Eduardo Bonilla-Silva asked samples of White Americans, most of them born between 1940 and 1980, questions about race issues. He noticed that at least half of them used each of the following four frames:

1. Abstract liberalism – the key word here is “abstract”. Unlike Jim Crow racists, most whites now agree that all Americans, regardless of race, should have equal rights and equal opportunities. But it is just lip service. When asked about government policies that could bring about such equality, like affirmative action or busing, most whites will find one reason or another to oppose them and fail to offer any other solid measure. Freedom, democracy and equality are not things to be achieved but just empty words to dress up the way things are in America – and to dress up the racism of white people.
  2. Minimization of racism – Most whites believe there is still discrimination against blacks, but it is not as bad as it used to be and it is no longer the main thing holding blacks back. Instead it is their culture:
  3. Cultural racism – Unlike Jim Crow racists, most whites no longer believe that there is anything wrong with blacks biologically. Instead it is cultural: mostly bad families, bad values and a bad work ethic. Blaming the victim. Some note that blacks use racism as an excuse and expect handouts.
  4. Naturalization of racism – racist practices in society, like highly segregated schools and neighbourhoods and low rates of interracial marriage, are seen as “natural”, as a part of human nature – not as the outcome of white racism. That means it is no one’s fault, that there is little that can be done to change it.

The frames are mixed and matched as required by the argument at hand. The frames help to support each other. For example, minimizing racism makes an abstract liberalism seem more acceptable. The frames can be used in a straightforward way (“Blacks are lazy”) or more subtly (“It is hard being a single mother”).

Whites think they are a better judge of racism than blacks, particularly since blacks tend to imagine racism when it is not there.

The truth is blacks imagine little. Discrimination in hiring, housing and education has been well documented. The government should take forceful action to end it as it goes against the American value of equal opportunity for all regardless of race.

Yet almost no white person talks like that. Instead they use the frames to avoid saying anything like that. At best they will admit to discrimination but then discount its effects. Or they will say they believe in equality of opportunity but then find reasons to oppose any policy with the teeth to achieve it.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@frozen said:
@pyrogram said:

Edit - an example is when I advocate my opposition to hate speech laws. I'm someone who could very feasibly be subject to hate speech on the basis of skin colour, yet I believe in free speech (obviously not threats/libel etc). And I when I air these views I can tell that I'm held in contempt by those ''activists'' because they truly believe minorities are poor, helpless people who need to be protected from ''problematic'' words.

Huh. I know you've changed your beliefs quite a bit recently, but I've never heard you mention anything about Marxist views. What changed you on that front?

I also didn't know you were non-white. I don't suppose it matters, but with all the race threads, I would have figured that would come up at some point.

@jnr6lil said:

Conservatives always say blacks only get certain jobs due to affirmative action,

No one is making excuses by saying they're oppressed. The majority of blacks who are oppressed don't even know they are.

As a small government guy, I don't say blacks only get jobs because of affirmative action. I say they don't need affirmative action to succeed because I believe they are capable of succeeding on their own. It seems to me that this is more empowering than saying minorities cannot succeed without rigging the game.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Stats for non-Muslim Asians:

• Lowest crime rates or near-lowest among all ethnic groups in the US and UK
  • Higher levels of education and median income compared to all other ethnic groups
  • Global diaspora network lets us climb up to wealth and political office rapidly
  • Elite universities have to find ways to keep us out because otherwise no one else will be able to get in
  • Most common stereotypes involve martial arts or mathematical prowess
  • Prop up the global box office so Hollywood increasingly panders to us
  • Statistically proven to have the most desired women in the world
  • Invented numbers, guns, paper, plastic surgery, whole bunch of stuff everyone needs
  • Have genocided more people than Hitler on multiple occasions but we are so good at covering it up that most kids in the West have no idea about it
  • Shamelessly promote internal segregation and prejudice and get away with it regularly because everyone blames European colonists for it
  • M Night Shyamalan can f**k up endlessly and still find high-profile work without a problem

By nearly all metrics, we are God's chosen and it is just silly to deny it

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@saren said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@saren said:

Asian master race here, where are the rest of you?

No Caption Provided

I just feel like a lot of racial animosity in the world would go away if white people and black people accepted our superiority and let us handle everything

Here, take the reins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: That's assuming that the reason blacks aren't getting jobs are because they aren't qualified.

You can be qualified all you want but there's many racist employers, that'll be happy to take a white person who's just as or less qualified over you.

http://csgjusticecenter.org/reentry/posts/researchers-examine-effects-of-a-criminal-record-on-prospects-for-employment/

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

With all that evidence, it's just going to make it easier for employers to discriminate once AA is gone.

Affirmative action benefits white women the most, they aren't rigging the game.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@saren said:

• Higher levels of education and median income compared to all other ethnic groups
  • Global diaspora network lets us climb up to wealth and political office rapidly
  • Elite universities have to find ways to keep us out because otherwise no one else will be able to get in
  • Invented numbers, guns, paper, plastic surgery, whole bunch of stuff everyone needs
  • Have genocided more people than Hitler on multiple occasions but we are so good at covering it up that most kids in the West have no idea about it
  • Shamelessly promote internal segregation and prejudice and get away with it regularly because everyone blames European colonists for it
  • M Night Shyamalan can f**k up endlessly and still find high-profile work without a problem

damn... He makes a real compelling argument.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

We are also naturally persuasive

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 frozen  Moderator

@jnr6lil: Indian and Chinese groups are typically viewed as hard working and highly educated. Society views them with what one would call ''positive'' racism.

On the topic of affirmative action, it's bullshit and no longer needed.

https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=43448

Once you eliminate affirmative action, institutions can truly encourage competition on the basis of achievement rather than inherit traits. Affirmative action, in the 21st century is not only ineffective but misguided.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 frozen  Moderator
@batwatch said:
@frozen said:
@pyrogram said:

Huh. I know you've changed your beliefs quite a bit recently, but I've never heard you mention anything about Marxist views. What changed you on that front?

I also didn't know you were non-white. I don't suppose it matters, but with all the race threads, I would have figured that would come up at some point.

@jnr6lil said:

Conservatives always say blacks only get certain jobs due to affirmative action,

As a small government guy, I don't say blacks only get jobs because of affirmative action. I say they don't need affirmative action to succeed because I believe they are capable of succeeding on their own. It seems to me that this is more empowering than saying minorities cannot succeed without rigging the game.

Yes, my parents are Indian. On the Marxist front, I was Marxist in the sense that I bought into a lot of the oppression politics; I wasn't heavily Marxist, I just thought the ideas had merit, but soon I learned it was bullshit. My experience in #GamerGate changed me once I encountered how insufferable Marxists can be, and of course, I simply read into it more and reached out for alternatives. The climate surrounding the 2015 General Election certainly impacted me.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

Once you make it less broad than Asian into Indian vs Chinese, then the real war for master race begins....

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@frozen: Except I've already proven that institutions are not going to encourage competition. They're going to pick white as they still do even with AA.

And it's a myth that blacks are getting jobs due to AA. Every black person I know still goes to school to get a job. They don't rely on AA.

Some of you people who are against AA just think blacks with an 8th grade education are walking into CA and just getting jobs because the company needs to fill a quota.

If it was that easy I would've dropped out of school a long time ago.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/affirmative-action-has-helped-white-women-more-than-anyone/

http://www.understandingprejudice.org/readroom/articles/affirm.htm

@pooty said:

@jnr6lil: Blacks may not say white supremacy but they blame racism and discrimination for many of their problems. And everyone from Morgan Freeman to Oprah to Lil Wayne say life is what you make it

Blacks don't blame racism. Majority of blacks may experience structural racism but they don't know what it is.

The ones who complain about it are usually people who researched it or went to college.

I don't know where that myth ever came from that blacks just sit in a house all day complaining about racism without going to work and doing anything with their lives.

Which is why I've always asked: what experience do you have with blacks outside of a suburb?

And there's always a few successful blacks who make it, Just because anyone can make it doesn't mean everyone can.

Especially when all the people you just named are entertainers a.k.a. people who had extreme amounts of luck.

Nor does being rich stop you from racism. Oprah isn't going to be saved from a cop may profile her, Oprah could've still had to deal with housing discrimination, bank discrimination, etc.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@saren said:

Once you make it less broad than Asian into Indian vs Chinese, then the real war for master race begins....

I tried not to because it is best not to arouse the ire of the Chinese

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jnr6lil: Institutions will choose whoever achieves the best grades. It's why Indians and Chinese have had a lot of success in education in recent years;

http://www.onlinecollege.org/2011/12/13/20-amazing-stats-about-asian-american-achievement/

^ There is similar success for Indian students in the west (that site seemingly only represents Chinese people and not Indian people as Asian).

http://qz.com/258353/the-key-difference-between-indian-and-chinese-students-studying-in-the-us/

http://monitor.icef.com/2014/09/indian-enrolment-us-graduate-schools-surging-offers-chinese-students-continues-slow/

Both Indians and Chinese are non-white; yet have found considerable success in high-status degrees. So this idea of ''Institutions will only pick whites'' is grossly exaggerated. One of the reasons Asians (to put it more broadly) achieve considerable success is because of cultural values.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
@frozen said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@saren said:

I tried not to because it is best not to arouse the ire of the Chinese

On your discussion of Africa it's probably in there best interest in the long run to do just that

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marlon Brando was involved in the Civil Rights movement.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft said:

Marlon Brando was involved in the Civil Rights movement.

He was also involved in some terrible movies...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@thenaughtytitan: Yes he was, but he's still arguably the greatest actor of all time. *cough* bitch *cough*

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: *cough* rustled *cough* *cough* got eem *cough*

Avatar image for jeanralphioisback
JeanRalphioIsBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points