The Race Thread

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel racial issues get blown way out of proportion, similar to feminism. Black people will happily call themselves and others N****s, but as soon as a white person says it, its suddenly racism, harassment, assault, a violation of their human rights etc. etc. Here in Australia we've got a bunch of semi-Aboriginals who receive extra pay and benefits, when they already grow up in perfectly privileged homes in the first place. People need to stop acting as victims of inequality, everyone will be better off for it.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So 3 black guys walk into a bar.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pipxeroth said:

I feel racial issues get blown way out of proportion, similar to feminism. Black people will happily call themselves and others N****s, but as soon as a white person says it, its suddenly racism, harassment, assault, a violation of their human rights etc. etc. Here in Australia we've got a bunch of semi-Aboriginals who receive extra pay and benefits, when they already grow up in perfectly privileged homes in the first place. People need to stop acting as victims of inequality, everyone will be better off for it.

I agree

We kill each other, so white people have a right to kill us too!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:
@pipxeroth said:

I agree

We kill each other, so white people have a right to kill us too!

As of 2011, Not only do blacks kill the majority of blacks. Blacks kill a higher number and percentage of whites compared to how many blacks are killed by whites.

http://rare.us/story/white-on-black-murder-who-really-is-killing-whom/

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A race thread now? Thanks OBAMA!

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sonic would obviously beat the Flash in a race.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: After what you sorry butts did they deserve every cent of that extra pay.You white Australians really disgust me acting like you didn't do anything wrong you not only jacked there culture and took there land but you almost wiped out there race and then you have the nerve to act like they don't deserve something to make up for it? Well news flash for you buddy no money can ever be enough for what you guys did and if you have a problem with them getting extra pay how about you get the hell out you don't belong there anyway.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: I've always found it hard to be proud to be American because of this being a african american with a lot of native blood in me doesn't help either.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: You asked why are whites obsessed with blacks. For a couple reasons that I'm aware of.

1) Whites are a curious race. Whites put their nose in space, underwater. They try to figure out how we got here. Where we going. Whites obsess over everything.

2) In order to beat your competition, you have to know them. You have to know their strengths and weaknesses. In order to profit off them, you have to know their wants and desires.

FailSwitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's not kid ourselves here. Any race with power would of done similar things in the old days, and even without power every race has done despicable things.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbeam: Calm down mate. Guess what, the Aboriginals also wiped out the neanderthals there. Conquests happened, thats just what civilisation was like back then. Why should an entire race of people pay for something some of their ancestors did in the past that was acceptable? By your logic nearly every race in the world should pay because at some point their ancestors conquered some land. If you really think that people who grow up privileged need extra beneifts because of something that happened well over 1 hundred years ago, then I really don't know what to tell you. I personally have never committed a crime, been intentionally discriminatory, or commited genoicde, so I don't know why I would disgust you merely for putting out an opinion that I would like more people to share. May I ask what country/culture/ancestory you are from?

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People shouldn't blame white people for racism. The blame should fall on the government. If there was no government, racism wouldn't exist. The governments taught people to be racist in public schools through segregation. They also enforced racism through laws. These laws even punished white people for not being racist. It wasn't white people who created racism, it was 100% the government. Now the governments want to use white people as a scapegoat for racism, and pretend like they were always against racism, when that was never the case.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pooty: Didn't we already have this argument that I debunked?

That violent crime has decreased while police killings have rose.

That black on black crime deals with proximity more than racial hatred.

That the issue is not police killings but police brutality.

That blacks protest both.

That black criminals generally go to jail while cops don't.

That black murders generally affect criminals unlike police killings of unarmed blacks affect all types of blacks.

That criminals are expected to kill, not police.

Please don't start this what about black on black crime argument. It's nothing but a conservative talking point that"s been rebutted many times.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: You gave your opinion but debunked nothing. Cops are expected to kill in certain situations. That's why they have guns. If the cop is found guilty then they go to jail. Guilt is determined in a court of law not in public opinion. Blacks are NOT only killed by gang bangers as you want to believe. Cops rarely kill unarmed black people. Black crime has dropped but is still exponentially higher then how often cops kill people. In post 53 you said since blacks kill blacks it's ok for whites to kill blacks. I was pointing out that whites don't kill blacks. But blacks kill whites. You debunked nothing. I just stopped responding.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@jnr6lil: You gave your opinion but debunked nothing. Cops are expected to kill in certain situations. That's why they have guns. If the cop is found guilty then they go to jail. Guilt is determined in a court of law not in public opinion. Blacks are NOT only killed by gang bangers as you want to believe. Cops rarely kill unarmed black people. Black crime has dropped but is still exponentially higher then how often cops kill people. In post 53 you said since blacks kill blacks it's ok for whites to kill blacks. I was pointing out that whites don't kill blacks. But blacks kill whites. You debunked nothing. I just stopped responding.

The average black person is not going up and shooting another black person. If by reading some few statistics you can believe that, you're clearly ignorant to black communities.

Killing an unarmed person, especially when the death didn't warrant the crime, is not "expected to kill in certain situations". The deaths of Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, the Michael Brelo shooting, etc should've been guilty of something.

And whites do kill blacks. Even the page you linked says that.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/01/black-americans-killed-by-police-analysis

Any way what is your point? Why is it when blacks complain about police brutality, black on black crime is always brought up? That's a seperate issue, and unrelated. Not only are you not protesting and solving the issue of black on black crime, (therefore you really have no position to say what black people should or shouldn't protest). When Mexicans protest for immigration, you never hear "but what about Hispanic on hispanic violence". No one cares about all the dumb and pointless BS, whites protest like animal rights.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superadam: "People shouldn't blame White People for racism. The blame should go to the government"?

Cause anyone of color was SOOO relevant in government back when racism was huge. They're the prime factor of why it exist in America..

Don't blame white people XD.. tell that to Jews, Native Americans, Africans, Asians, and Hispanics/Latinos.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: The average black person is not going up and shooting another black person. If by reading some few statistics you can believe that, you're clearly ignorant to black communities.

That's an unproven statement. You've said that at least 5x now. Show that all black murders are gang or drug related. I've asked you to do that before and you've shown nothing.

Killing an unarmed person, especially when the death didn't warrant the crime, is not "expected to kill in certain situations". The deaths of Amadou Diallo, Eric Garner, the Michael Brelo shooting, etc should've been guilty of something.

That is your opinion. Clearly a legal system disagreed. But even IF those people should have been found guilty of something, we know crooks sometimes go unpunished. Naming 3 or 4 people who got away with a crime does not indicate a major problem. No system is perfect. So keep things in perspective.

Any way what is your point? Why is it when blacks complain about police brutality, black on black crime is always brought up?

I've explained this before. We really don't care. Protest what you like. Many just think it's odd that with all the negative things affecting minorities they want to pick the most insignificant issue to protest. I have not seen a black on black protest in years!! If they do protest it's a very quiet one. But soon as a cop does something.... all hell breaks loose. Just like you think it's unneeded to protest animal rights. many think protesting against cops is unneeded

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7:

Don't blame white people XD.. tell that to Jews, Native Americans, Africans, Asians, and Hispanics/Latinos.

Probably should, most are more racist than whites after all.

For all the complaining about whites blacks are a more likely to be treated poorly most of the groups listed, many of the countries listed where they have a majority won't give you blacks a job and openly say it's because there black.

Also blacks are on average a lot more racist than whites if we go by twitter.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pooty: Cops have been killing minorities Especially Black people for years.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: It doesn't matter if it was a long time a go people are still affected by what happened long a go.Spain,England and France all went to other civilizations took there land,all there riches,raped there women and forced the natives to do hard labor.Spain wiped out the original Caribbeans.Look at the native americans you can't even find one pure blood native anymore and I can go on if I wanted to but that would be to much.But the point is people are still affected from the things that happen so long a go that you could at least be a little respect full for what certain people whent through im not saying countries that conlonzised other lands should be hated or shamed but countries that did that could just show a little understanding that's all.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@darkbeam: Out of curiosity, do you think Japan belongs to the Japanese?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@darkbeam said:

@pipxeroth: It doesn't matter if it was a long time a go people are still affected by what happened long a go.Spain,England and France all went to other civilizations took there land,all there riches,raped there women and forced the natives to do hard labor.Spain wiped out the original Caribbeans.Look at the native americans you can't even find one pure blood native anymore and I can go on if I wanted to but that would be to much.But the point is people are still affected from the things that happen so long a go that you could at least be a little respect full for what certain people whent through im not saying countries that conlonzised other lands should be hated or shamed but countries that did that could just show a little understanding that's all.

Actually, you can. They still exist on reservations, they refuse to marry outside of their own race.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

@pooty: Cops have been killing minorities Especially Black people for years.

Cops also kill whites because all races are criminal

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@pooty:

I didn't say, but the majority are. Black on black crime was at historic lows until the 1970s when shootings & crime began to pick up with the advent of deindustrialization, and the illegal drug trade/crack epidemic. It's a fact that many sociologists have shown there was a much difference in the industrial ghetto and the hyper ghetto of black communities, the crime rate being one of them.

It's also a fact that the people most likely to kill someone with a gun are drug dealers and criminals especially when the majority of black on black crime happens in predominant poor black areas, where the presence of gangs and drug dealers are highly prevalent. The average black person has no reason to go around killing someone. If they did that would suggest that the majority of blacks are prone to violence.

Yes but it's a consistent pattern. And no, no system may be perfect, but when a system is discriminatory, that's a problem. If a cop unjustly killed a family member of yours, I'm sure you would want justice.

1. They protest everything. Hell I'm even angry that it took so long for people to start protesting police brutality when it's been a problem that's been going on for the past 100 years. Google 4 Reasons Why The US Police Force Is An Extension of Slavery & White Supremacy

2. It's not a significant issue. There's many communities that have had to deal with police brutality for decades. The situation in Baltimore isn't insignificant, it's the same problem with the police that has been going on since 1968 if not before.

3. Black on black protests go on all the time. They just never make the news. You can come to Milwaukee, a city with a large black population and high crime rates. (7 th most dangerous city in the nation) There's tons of community work, church meetings, marches, events, etc that go on to stop the violence.

But of course you haven't seen a black on black protest. You're a middle class white male. I doubt you have even stepped foot in a poor black neighborhood. The only blacks you probably have seen are your middle class black friends, who probably are as happy as hell to be around a white person, and take everything you say as scripture.

4. Just because the legal system disagreed doesn't make it right. I have a sister who's a lawyer, who probably knows more about the legal system then both of us. She would agree with me that the U.S Justice System is flawed, and discriminatory towards minorities. This is shown in the form of mandatory minimum drug sentencing, and how blacks have gotten longer sentences for the same crimes that whites have, or even the Kalief Browder scenario.

The legal system is also worse off in countries like Nigeria & The Middle East. Are those legal systems correct too? But because it's good ole America, the supposed land of freedom & justice, that automatically makes it correct also.

A legal system that for a long time didn't make it illegal to have an all white jury, is already faulty.

May I continue?

5. You just said you basically don't care about the issues of the black community, but yet you feel the need to direct your energy towards typing what you feel they should and shouldn't protest.

That's two different scenarios. Cops kill people, animals for the most part are useless to humans. When you can go to jail for killing some endangered species in a forest but don't get any time for murdering or attacking someone who's unarmed you have a problem.

But hey keep arguing with a black person who not only has personal experience but probably spends more time reading about this (I've read the New Jim Crow and numerous articles online) and has passion for it rather than someone who only brings up articles when it's to make a point on ComicVine because it's all just "entertainment for him

Why don't you take more time to ask questions on things that you clearly show an ignorance or lack of understanding of, instead of coming in with your two-sents.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DBVSE7

@dextersinister: As if people of color being racist to white people means anything compared to the opposite. Ignorance is Ignorance but it's not the same when it's the other way around.

Aye, what can you say.. white people started a trend that's more like a social cancer.. or even better, a curse on America.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@dextersinister: As if people of color being racist to white people means anything compared to the opposite. Ignorance is Ignorance but it's not the same when it's the other way around.

Aye, what can you say.. white people started a trend that's more like a social cancer.. or even better, a curse on America.

Sounds like social entitlement and attempted justification on your part to be racist

Actually racial equality is mostly down to western society, you can either accept that fact or ignore it because you don't like whites even despite the fact that many aren't even from America.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#78  Edited By frozen  Moderator

One thing that annoys me is whenever a video of some racism towards a black people hits You-Tube, there is almost....always comments trying to justify or downplay the racism, often by white people.

But...it's You-Tube I suppose.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: again I live in a black area. zip code 44128 Cleveland, OH. I'm literally surrounded by blacks everyday. Not only do i have black friends. 95% of my clients are black. In Cleveland, where police shot bullets into a car 137 times. also in Cleveland where Tamir Rice happened. I saw MAJOR protesting and outrage. But when black kids go to Cleveland Heights and are robbing old white and black people. I see not protest. When a black man runs into a house and kills 5 people.... i see no protest. When kids from John F Kennedy high school (all black) get into a 60+ man fight... i see no protest. But let a white cop sneeze wrong....... Even black cops are catching hell. My one cop friend Arnez said "we can bring down a kingpin and all anybody ask is why'd you hit him so hard? Why are his handcuffs so tight? " People are blowing this cop thing out of proportion

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#80  Edited By Saren

@dbvse7 said:

I don't think he's talking about non-white people being racist to white people; he's talking about people who are neither black nor white, such as Asians and Latinos, being racist to black people (and, sure, to some degree to white people too, but not nearly as much). It's not like black people are particularly popular in Tokyo or New Delhi. In that regard, yeah, you can hardly blame white people seeing as prejudice against people of darker skin precedes contact with Europeans by thousands of years in some cases --- see India's caste system or the Yamato obsession with blood purity.

Unless he's not talking about that, I dunno

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People shouldn't blame white people for racism. The blame should fall on the government. If there was no government, racism wouldn't exist. The governments taught people to be racist in public schools through segregation. They also enforced racism through laws. These laws even punished white people for not being racist. It wasn't white people who created racism, it was 100% the government. Now the governments want to use white people as a scapegoat for racism, and pretend like they were always against racism, when that was never the case.

And who controls the government?? People do. For the people, by the people.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: I'm not justifying racism.. what I'm saying is, people of color have a legit reason to act the way they do to white people. That's not saying what they do is right, it's just inderstandable because it's more of a reaction than anything.

Of course it is.. who said I don't like whites?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@dextersinister: I'm not justifying racism.. what I'm saying is, people of color have a legit reason to act the way they do to white people. That's not saying what they do is right, it's just inderstandable because it's more of a reaction than anything.

Again attempted justification, if you that route you can attempt to justify anyone's actions. You can say it's understandable but that in itself is fully racist as it assumes that people have the exact same experiences. Also if you apply it to race then you can just as well apply it to countless other circumstances where it's even more applicable, excuse someone for being violent because they where beaten as a child, excuse them for stealing your wallet because they live in poor housing. You can attempt to excuse racism because of race but I won't.

You actually think things aren't better now than they where before? there are no glorious racial utopias to compare it to.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@dextersinister said:
@dbvse7 said:

Again attempted justification, if you that route you can attempt to justify anyone's actions. You can say it's understandable but that in itself is fully racist as it assumes that people have the exact same experiences. Also if you apply it to race then you can just as well apply it to countless other circumstances where it's even more applicable, excuse someone for being violent because they where beaten as a child, excuse them for stealing your wallet because they live in poor housing. You can attempt to excuse racism because of race but I won't.

You actually think things aren't better now than they where before? there are no glorious racial utopias to compare it to.

They're better but that doesn't make it good. America is still the exact opposite of a racial utopia. Being able to wave at a white person doesn't change that as so many would like you to believe.

And yes poverty does lead to crime as you mentions. It doesn't excuse it, but get rid of it and it would decrease.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil:

No racial equality in America, son.

Ok but it's still better than most other countries

Safer for an asian, white, hispanic to walk most of North America than walk most of Africa

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil:

Safer for an asian, white, hispanic to walk most of North America than walk most of Africa

White supremacy is/was global, so of course

And is it really? Overt racism may be stronger in other countries but structural is more powerful in America. It's apples and oranges.

Maybe the people who complain about the 99% & 1% wealth gap should earn it's better than in other countries also.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: Undersanding someone's reasoning is not the same as approving someone's actions.. it's not racist.

Like I said.. Im not saying its good thing.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

@superadam: "People shouldn't blame White People for racism. The blame should go to the government"?

Cause anyone of color was SOOO relevant in government back when racism was huge. They're the prime factor of why it exist in America..

Nope, the reason it existed in the first place is government. Racism started waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back in human evolution. Humans started grouping themselves in tribes. If someone looked differently from you, they were from another tribe. Which meant they were either going to kill you or they were competition for necessities. Tribes eventually evolved into modern day governments. And goverments found racism and nationalism as very helpful tools to control the population. So the government kept enforcing racist policies to keep racism in place. Also, Middle Eastern countries and Asian countries have very prominent racism and discrimination. So its not just white people.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SuperAdam

@superadam said:

If people control the government, then what use is the goverment? Why not just let people control themselves, instead of having the people control the government which controls the people?

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DBVSE7

@superadam: I'm talking about in America.. and if we look back in history white people have been "superior"

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By dum529001

@superadam said:
@dbvse7 said:

Nope, the reason it existed in the first place is government. Racism started waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy back in human evolution. Humans started grouping themselves in tribes. If someone looked differently from you, they were from another tribe. Which meant they were either going to kill you or they were competition for necessities. Tribes eventually evolved into modern day governments. And goverments found racism and nationalism as very helpful tools to control the population. So the government kept enforcing racist policies to keep racism in place. Also, Middle Eastern countries and Asian countries have very prominent racism and discrimination. So its not just white people.

You know another way to form a tribe? stay in a certain area and NEVER move from there. it works and people have done it. No every tribe on earth exists due to racism.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@superadam said:
@dbvse7 said:

The American government was started by rich white males.

And confusing tribalism where people of the same race competed over resources to hating someone of a different race is elementary.

It's not just white people but Middle Eastern & Asian countries who were under the influence or made contact with Western and/or European influence generally start to adopt their view of blacks.

I could care less who's being racist towards me though. An Uncle Tom is just as bad as a white redneck racist, IMO.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By dum529001

@dum529001 said:
@superadam said:

If people control the government, then what use is the goverment? Why not just let people control themselves, instead of having the people control the government which controls the people?

"For the people, by the people". The government seeks to keep a community at peace and unified. People are needed for that. The government does not control people like robots since it can be changed by the people as well.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:
@dextersinister said:

@jnr6lil:

White supremacy is/was global, so of course

And is it really? Overt racism may be stronger in other countries but structural is more powerful in America. It's apples and oranges.

Maybe the people who complain about the 99% & 1% wealth gap should earn it's better than in other countries also.

Ok, NOW it's better

Yes, nope structural as well, good luck obtaining any position of power if you don't look like the majority, legally you cant even own property. As like most people who go on about these things your views are very America centric, it's only apples and oranges in the sense that you don't have much knowledge on the orange

I guess if the west just vanished over night these countries where it's more like the 0.1% would become socialist utopias.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

That's pretty much how it is in America. Blacks have no institutional power in America.

And for blacks in America you can't own property either sometimes. It's capled mortage/housing/loan discrimination, blockbusting and redlining.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dextersinister:

That's pretty much how it is in America. Blacks have no institutional power in America.

And for blacks in America you can't own property either sometimes. It's capled mortage/housing/loan discrimination, blockbusting and redlining.

I'm sorry but you DO realise who the president is, don't you?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: Obama is just a black face of white supremacy

1. He's still at the mercy of other white politicians and rich white men

2. He has no control over all the other institutions that affect blacks.

3. Since Obama's been in office he hasn't made any revolutionary changes for blacks. If he really had power he could do so.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b4a71696d1f
deactivated-59b4a71696d1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick it to the man
Stick it to the man

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@dextersinister:

As do many white folk.

Same for many white folk but they as individuals not matter just as much?