The Race Thread

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren

Just as we have an abortion thread, we now have a race thread. White people, black people, Asian people, Cuboid meta-people from the llama dimension, bicker all you want here on whatever race-related subject you want. Regular forum rules on conduct still apply, but stick to this new designated containment thread. If you have an idea for a race-related thread, bring it here instead of creating yet another thread on the forum.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Llama Americans pls

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Before debate starts, can I kindly ask everyone to keep things civil, this thread can actually help and promote racial equality, it doesn't have to be pure flames. There are a lot of young children on this site and this could be really helpful for them. So please keep things nice and classy. Thanks.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DBVSE7

White Devils.. White Devils everywhere..

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for the llamas!!!!

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: Well, given the fact that every topic I've seen you in you act like a senseless child, I will choose not to read you into existence today. However, any negative reply to this comment will result in one, so please tread lightly.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@andr413:That was literally one of the dumbest things I've heard all week.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

Why is Black people lowercase in the OP, Saren???

Racist

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungJustice

@andr413: I don't understand what you mean? Can you explain please.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the marathon.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dshipp17

@andr413 said:

I heard from my friends who live and study college at USA. While they're walking at the downtown, they often get insulted by nigga and white people at the street, for ex. wow that's an asian guy, cing cong cing cong, make a small eye gesture, etc. Do they learn about etiquette or just about sh1t? Seriously, Nigga and white are very racist to Asian. Literally. From what I heard from my friends at there, most of them are basically retarded, meanwhile, Asian people are smart, rich and high intelligent. No wonder Asian stereotypical for being smart people is very real. Actually asian people are not that smart and rich, they're just more diligent than you guys, and people who study at USA usually are either get scholarship or rich.

But actually race is one of many parts why people become racist. I heard from some articles that white people tend to be more racist than other races. It is actually their mindset, people with global mindset will view others as an advantage to take opportunities to develop themselves to become better. For ex, get information about technology from western, current global political issues, economic issues, tolerate each other, etc. But I don't see that happen to most of American people.

NO OFFENSE...

Maybe you contribute to your own problems at that age? When I first arrived to Washington University in St. Louis to attend class, I was the only African American appearing student in a dorm pod with Asian students. I guess they knew each other well. There were about 4 rooms in one apartment. I had just arrived, no one greeted me, even though I didn't know where I should settle myself, and I had to ask which room was mines; they acted surprised that I was even speaking to them and pointed me to the empty room. This behavior left me puzzled, as I'd just completed the course to earn my BS degree in chemistry and physics and I was there in a dual degree program for mechanical engineering and biochemistry. The whole time I was there in that dorm space, no one ever tried to make me feel welcome, they blasted music all the time, and played video games all the time; even though I asked them to lower the music, it always went back up. I can remember asking them to turn the music down once, when one of them told me "you cut the act now", in reference to the way I spoke; I have a speech impediment; my efforts to reach out to them to see if we could get on friendly terms were rebuffed. Aside from making me feel unwelcome and ostracized, I got the feeling that it was being done because they assumed that I was stupid and they were smart, so I was not worthy to be in their social sphere; they lived by the negative stereotypes of African Americans and were not willing to know me better; whenever an opportunity presented itself, they would patronize me, if they communicated at all; but, I do remember on one occasion, when I was alone with one of them, after several weeks, I was invited to play a video game with him, but I said no thanks, because I wasn't into video games anymore, I had to study, and the way I would be treated when the rest of his buddies arrived. So, eventually, I got permission to move into an apartment midway through my second semester there, citing loud music as my reason for wanting to leave.

This was the same treatment I got from the Asian students on campus, in general. They assumed negative stereotypes onto me and were generally arrogant and uninterested in establishing interpersonal bonds. I tried initiating social interactions with one student from Malaysia, because we were both dual degree students. I came and sat with him nearly everyday during lunch and tried talking to him, but he was usually short with me, but I kept doing it for so long because he would sometimes talk with me; but, when I stop and interactions stopped, he never reciprocated my kindness by sitting with me when I was sitting alone. I wasn't use to this, as it was so different from my experience at my prior college.

The professors were similarly distant. So, being treated liked I didn't belong there by pretty much everyone by the implication that I was too stupid may have had a little to do with why I left on academic probation. I was having my own problems, one which severely took away from my studies, but feeling ostracized over my appearance made life there very uncomfortable the whole time. This similarly happened at work, after I had to file an EEOC complaint, but I had a chip on my shoulder by then.

As to why Caucasian Americas are treating Asian Americans in such a way, who knows, but it appears that treating African Americans as being unworthy of your time does not help with interpersonal relations. Perhaps you may want to consider asking how your Asian friends behave towards African Americans and others on those occasions where interpersonal relations are important; do your friends try to be friendly towards African Americans? Or, maybe you can tell me of some type of cultural taboo I violated? However, I current go to a seafood restaurant owned by Asians near where I stay in Alabama and I've had them behave friendly toward me, but, is it only because I'm a customer?

On the other hand, when I was attending my internship and had to stay in a similar apartment arrangement with Caucasians, we all interacted and connected, although the usual conflicts occurred now and than, such as who would cook first or who was not cleaning up behind themselves; thus, I wonder if there were cultural cues I didn't know about Asians, but, Asians seem to be generally arrogant and overly competitive in such a way that only other Asians can understand. Bur, to people of other races, this comes across as arrogance and arrogance is not always a good quality in the United States, especially in interpersonal relations with other races, especially in cases where everyone thinks we're too stupid to do anything; that's extremely annoying to African Americans and will always only be greeted with hostility.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White dude.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100m race?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess I'm what you call a "Castizo".

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I demand a White/Asian/Native American/Black/Latino designation with that specific ordering!

Oh wait this is race. I'm a human though I wish I were a blue skinned kree, cause I want a powder blue ass.

ImmovableRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ImmovableRay

@saren: This was dumb. It doesn't leave a lot of room for inclusion because, just like the religion thread, only a few select users will spend a lot of time here. This wasn't the answer to the problem you were trying to solve.

@the_caped_crusader You make Jew sound like a race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at that Mario pic. I demand we put a llama in the white house in 2016 for equality. Anyone else?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Noone301994

This isn't going to work. Maybe you should pin it?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All races suck

No Caption Provided

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Heatblaze

Am I the only one coming into this thread expecting actual races? Like Nascar or something.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I hate shoving multi-topic concepts like race into one thread. I understand it from a crowd control perspective, but it's annoying when you have a new thought on a subject which deserves its own OP, but it gets lost and ignored as nothing more than a random post in a mega-thread such as this.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By andr4132

@cameron83: You are dumb, literally. people with racist attitudes are caused by negative stereotypes. We are often judge each other and make labeling. One negative impression could lead to another negative things. @youngjustice: This, he explain very well. People become racist no because of their races, but instead, their mindset and strereotypes to other people.

@dshipp17 said:
@andr413 said:

I heard from my friends who live and study college at USA. While they're walking at the downtown, they often get insulted by nigga and white people at the street, for ex. wow that's an asian guy, cing cong cing cong, make a small eye gesture, etc. Do they learn about etiquette or just about sh1t? Seriously, Nigga and white are very racist to Asian. Literally. From what I heard from my friends at there, most of them are basically retarded, meanwhile, Asian people are smart, rich and high intelligent. No wonder Asian stereotypical for being smart people is very real. Actually asian people are not that smart and rich, they're just more diligent than you guys, and people who study at USA usually are either get scholarship or rich.

But actually race is one of many parts why people become racist. I heard from some articles that white people tend to be more racist than other races. It is actually their mindset, people with global mindset will view others as an advantage to take opportunities to develop themselves to become better. For ex, get information about technology from western, current global political issues, economic issues, tolerate each other, etc. But I don't see that happen to most of American people.

NO OFFENSE...

Maybe you contribute to your own problems at that age? When I first arrived to Washington University in St. Louis to attend class, I was the only African American appearing student in a dorm pod with Asian students. I guess they knew each other well. There were about 4 rooms in one apartment. I had just arrived, no one greeted me, even though I didn't know where I should settle myself, and I had to ask which room was mines; they acted surprised that I was even speaking to them and pointed me to the empty room. This behavior left me puzzled, as I'd just completed the course to earn my BS degree in chemistry and physics and I was there in a dual degree program for mechanical engineering and biochemistry. The whole time I was there in that dorm space, no one ever tried to make me feel welcome, they blasted music all the time, and played video games all the time; even though I asked them to lower the music, it always went back up. I can remember asking them to turn the music down once, when one of them told me "you cut the act now", in reference to the way I spoke; I have a speech impediment; my efforts to reach out to them to see if we could get on friendly terms were rebuffed. Aside from making me feel unwelcome and ostracized, I got the feeling that it was being done because they assumed that I was stupid and they were smart, so I was not worthy to be in their social sphere; they lived by the negative stereotypes of African Americans and were not willing to know me better; whenever an opportunity presented itself, they would patronize me, if they communicated at all; but, I do remember on one occasion, when I was alone with one of them, after several weeks, I was invited to play a video game with him, but I said no thanks, because I wasn't into video games anymore, I had to study, and the way I would be treated when the rest of his buddies arrived. So, eventually, I got permission to move into an apartment midway through my second semester there, citing loud music as my reason for wanting to leave.

This was the same treatment I got from the Asian students on campus, in general. They assumed negative stereotypes onto me and were generally arrogant and uninterested in establishing interpersonal bonds. I tried initiating social interactions with one student from Malaysia, because we were both dual degree students. I came and sat with him nearly everyday during lunch and tried talking to him, but he was usually short with me, but I kept doing it for so long because he would sometimes talk with me; but, when I stop and interactions stopped, he never reciprocated my kindness by sitting with me when I was sitting alone. I wasn't use to this, as it was so different from my experience at my prior college.

The professors were similarly distant. So, being treated liked I didn't belong there by pretty much everyone by the implication that I was too stupid may have had a little to do with why I left on academic probation. I was having my own problems, one which severely took away from my studies, but feeling ostracized over my appearance made life there very uncomfortable the whole time. This similarly happened at work, after I had to file an EEOC complaint, but I had a chip on my shoulder by then.

As to why Caucasian Americas are treating Asian Americans in such a way, who knows, but it appears that treating African Americans as being unworthy of your time does not help with interpersonal relations. Perhaps you may want to consider asking how your Asian friends behave towards African Americans and others on those occasions where interpersonal relations are important; do your friends try to be friendly towards African Americans? Or, maybe you can tell me of some type of cultural taboo I violated? However, I current go to a seafood restaurant owned by Asians near where I stay in Alabama and I've had them behave friendly toward me, but, is it only because I'm a customer?

On the other hand, when I was attending my internship and had to stay in a similar apartment arrangement with Caucasians, we all interacted and connected, although the usual conflicts occurred now and than, such as who would cook first or who was not cleaning up behind themselves; thus, I wonder if there were cultural cues I didn't know about Asians, but, Asians seem to be generally arrogant and overly competitive in such a way that only other Asians can understand. Bur, to people of other races, this comes across as arrogance and arrogance is not always a good quality in the United States, especially in interpersonal relations with other races, especially in cases where everyone thinks we're too stupid to do anything; that's extremely annoying to African Americans and will always only be greeted with hostility.

My friends had the same experiences like you when the first time they arrived in the Seattle, USA and attended to the college. Well, my friends do like make friends each other, they have black, white andAsian friends too (all of them are from outside that attend to the college together). They make a good relationship with all of them, however, they prefer to gather with the same nationalities or races. It is very natural. However, the local people are not as nice as my friend's friend. As I said above, they walked to the downtown and public places, some of the local people could not hold their fuckin mouth and insult them. That's why my friends got a bad stereotype toward them and even one of my best friend said that he loses his respect for them. In here,the expert is considered as a successful businessman, has highersalary, etc.

Actually, imo, we must stop judging each other since everybody has their negative and positive sides. All people are the same, only their mindset, culture and behavior makes the differences. Although, I find in reality that some people are extremely retarded and dumb that they feel pleasure and superior by bullying other races. For ex, my friends said that most of the racist black and white people are either dumb, drugs, gangster or low-class people.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do blacks in America complain more than Asians about discrimination even after proportionate population is taken into account?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cameron83

@andr413:

@cameron83: You are dumb, literally. people with racist attitudes are caused by negative stereotypes. We are often judge each other and make labeling. One negative impression could lead to another negative things

I am "dumb, literally."?

Oh lord, not another one of these people....

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413: Ah, it's clear that I'm dealing with someone with a lack of maturity (which is obvious considering that his first response was a juvenile insult). Being that I try not to have these discussions with people like that, I think I'm just going to leave this here.

Btw, why do people think posting picture responses are cute or clever?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't going to end well

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413: Ah, it's clear that I'm dealing with someone with a lack of maturity (which is obvious considering that his first response was a juvenile insult). Being that I try not to have these discussions with people like that, I think I'm just going to leave this here.

These was your first response to my comment

That was literally one of the dumbest things I've heard all week

I think you should stop judging others quickly, considering you're the one who start it. Now, just go, everyone won't bother about it.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HopeOnFire

Why can't I flag a moderator? Honestly, you allow Viners post all these sexist 'feminists are as evil as nazis' threads and yet one race discussion, and it gets shut down and called stupid? And just where can you justify it being called stupid, when it was an actual legitimate discussion?

@saren

You need to learn some respect and go get some home training. How a person like you ever became a mod, I'd never understand.

If this isn't censorship and willful abuse of power, then I don't know what is.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: There are more blacks than East or South Asians in US.

I know which is why I said proportionate, it seems that when someone mentions diversity 99.9% of the time they mean black.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does anyone make racist jokes among friends?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413 said:
@cameron83 said:

I think you should stop judging others quickly, considering you're the one who start it. Now, just go, everyone won't bother about it.

You do understand the difference between calling a statement/belief stupid and calling a person stupid, right? You do understand that a statement is not really the same thing as a person, right? Just asking, of course...

So with that said, that is not what "judging others quickly" actually is.

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ran 5 miles the other day.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cable_Extreme

The only thing I don't like about threads like this is it is intended for organization, but it is ironically un-organized because bringing in a new topic when another topic is raging is nearly impossible, either that, or it goes unnoticed.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andr413 said:
@cameron83 said:

You do understand the difference between calling a statement/belief stupid and calling a person stupid, right? You do understand that a statement is not really the same thing as a person, right? Just asking, of course...

*Sigh* If someone give you a question and you reply with relevant statement suddenly someone say," That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard". Do you consider this as an offense or not?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cameron83

@andr413 said:
@cameron83 said:
@andr413 said:
@cameron83 said:

*Sigh* If someone give you a question and you reply with relevant statement suddenly someone say," That was the dumbest thing I've ever heard". Do you consider this as an offense or not?

Not at all. Because it's not like they said "You are stupid", but rather what you said.

For example, if someone said something and you replied with "That's the most naive, idiotic idea I've ever heard!", that does not mean that you are calling the person naive or idiotic.

But anyway, if you still take offense, then that's not really my problem. This is the internet, buddy. You'll find harsher things said here on the daily....