The Official Elder Scrolls Thread

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

@dragonborn_ct said:

@durakken: You would be surprised if I tell you how some people's minds were blown after I told them this :P

Nope I wouldn't

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durakken: Also, how is the armor issue? If I'm wearing Daedric Armor and you hit me with an iron axe, will I get hurt? And how do you do alchemy or enchanting if you don't have a house?

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3: What armor issue? Daedric armor, by that I would guess you mean armor that is magiced in some way? I haven't come across it yet. Haven't come across crafting yet either... I'll look for it, during the stress test I was just running to complete all the stuff in the first area... takes about 2-3 hours to do.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Durakken
@xlr87t3 said:

@durakken: You don't know what an Atronach is?! Why, I don't know what to say...http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Atronach

>.> I has picture of them

@xlr87t3 said:

@durakken: Also, how is the armor issue? If I'm wearing Daedric Armor and you hit me with an iron axe, will I get hurt? And how do you do alchemy or enchanting if you don't have a house?

There is something about Daedric something or other in the lore stuff no idea what it's about

The voice accents are what you would expect of the races I'd imagine... they do have racial accents

I'm pretty sure the areas you guys asked about is well outside of what i can get to

The tutorial island takes about 2 hours to do >.>

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bruxae said:

Im pretty sure this new MMO are gonna crash and burn like all the other recent "WoW killers" and then its gonna go free-to-play with a crappy cash shop but I wont be complaining, hopefully then they can refocus their resources towards the next Elder Scrolls title that I hope is gonna be set in Blackmarsh! :) I cant imagine stalking the jungles, getting randomly poisoned by thorned bushes and swamps, exploring old abandoned ruins swallowed by vegitation.

This so much... I would have a Elder Scrolls VI over TESO anytime.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tutorial island I think if you were to rush through it could be done in 20 mins, and if you know what you're doing maybe an hour.

I figured out where it is on the map...I think it takes about 10 minutes to cross. The entire width of Tamriel is 40 times it's width. If we say that the jog they do is about 10 mph... that's about 66 miles wide... however based on how the system is divided by factions I doubt you'll be able to cross between factions so you likely can't go to that entire area with one character, but I dunno.

Crafting is "ok" not the best I've seen but basically

3 sections you have is "create, deconstruct, or refine"

Refine let's you take things you may have harvested or gotten from deconstruct and turn them into things usable for crafting

deconstruct...deconstructs and gives you some items from the process

create gives you a menu of the type of crafting there is, and then subtypes. Selecting it will bring up a race select menu which you can only create your race's stuff at first. Hovering over the race will tell you 2 raw material types you need to for the objects, it's different for each race apparently, and then you are given 5 boxes to to place items into... the first two are labeled primary and secondary and they pretty much are for the 2 materials they told you. Obviously only the first box matters and it should autofill the second but doesn't... you have to use 2 mats of equal quality to construct whatever you're going to construct so once you select the first item the 2nd is mandatory. The remaining 3 boxes are for "additives" which basically changes quality and has the ability to add properties. The more of any given type of item that you have the better the quality apparently... I didn't check how this works out, but yeah not really necessary...

This is the same for 4 out of the 5 crafting arts, "Weaponsmith, armorsmith, enchanter, and alchemist," and provisioner I haven't found yet.

- Leveling up -

As you level up you get equal number of pts to HP, Magic, and Stamina. You then also get 1 attribute point to distribute per level that you can add to change that balance. At level 2 you have 120 in all area at lvl 4 you have 160 at base.

You also get 1 skill pt per level and you gain 1 skill pt per 3 sky shards you find...so far.

Skills sets are divided up int types, then subtypes. The types are "Class, Weapon, Armor, World, Guild, Racial" so far that I have found.

There are 4 classes that you can select during char creation, Dragon Knight, Night Blade, Sorcerer, Light Bringer? I forget the last one...

Night Blade's Class subtypes are "Assassination, Shadow, Siphoning"

Weapon Class subtypes are "Two-handed, One hand and shield, Dual Wield, Bow, Destruction Staff, Restoration Staff"

Armor Class subtypes are "Light, Medium, Heavy"

Armor Class subtypes are "Soul Magic"

Armor Class subtypes are "Fighter's Guild" and probably a Magic guild...I see the building but have not found a person by which to join

Armor Class subtypes are "Nord Skills" I assume this changes based on character creation choice lol

Each subtype is also divided into Active and Passive. The subtypes themselves level up as you use them as does each skill.

All skills aren't immediately available. They are gated behind character level AND subtype skill level

You have to spend a point to get a skill and start leveling it up.

Each skill apparently has a "morph" that once it reaches a certain level (it's max) you can spend another point to morph it into a modified version of the skill in one of 2 ways (It's possible some skills have more ways, but i've only seen 2)

- Other miscelaneous -

There are 296 books to collect apparently that tell the lore of tamriel. I have the entire list, but I don't feel like typing all that out or cropping the pictures >.>

There are currently 7490 achievement points to attain. I have no idea what they do. From a brief glance achievements usually give multiple points per completed thing... It looks like 5 and 10 pointers are fairly common.

Is there housing? Apparently not yet...

Can you interact with everything...not really. There is plenty you can interact with, but it is far beneath what Elder Scrolls generally allows you to do.

Basically all the parts that make me dislike ES as a series regularly have been removed, bad GUI, poor syncing, first person view, 1 animation for attack rather than cycled through in a combo... but equally the things that I most wanted to play an ES game for, the item interaction and the housing has also been removed.

If I had to describe it through other games I'd say it's a lot like Guild Wars 2 and DCUO mixed together, but with plenty of things that make those things stand out removed. It's superior, in terms of overall gameplay than both of them, but overall the experience feels hollow with no chances taken to explore what can be done. It's best aspect is definitely it's combat system which is cool and adds a layer of depth once you figure out all the rules to it, but once you do it pretty standard attack attack attack, wait for enemy to pull a heavy hit, take the action indicated by the FX to stun them, hit them with one of your big hits. The only real difficulty that you get from it is if you mess up and miss the block on some of the enemies that hit harder or have more hp. The other danger is that you'll find yourself often in conflicts with 2 enemies and if you are not careful you'll end up in fights with more.

I don't think that a strong core gameplay is good enough when everything else bland and nothing stands out.

- A problem with the writing -

I'm gonna try not to "spoil" anything. Yesterday I came across this quest, it's part of the main questline, where I think it matters what you choose and doing one thing or the other alters something in your game world. I'm sure though. The choice is enemies are attacking the city. You need to pick who you help. The person you get the quest from gives you her emotional connection to which one you choose, but more importantly you also have an emotional connection to the choice because it is the people you just got done saving and working with. The problem is the choice is this...

Help defend a fortress filled with trained soldiers behind fortress walls who you have no connection to.

OR

Help defend the docks willed with untrained refugees that you just spent several hours working with and there are no defenses for the docks besides them.

This to me is one of the stupidest choices I've come across. On every level there is no reason for you to go and help defend the fortress from a story perspective that I can think of save for one... the character that you are playing is a chicken. From a gameplay perspective the only reason I can see for you to take the choice to defend the fortress is to see what happens if you take that route. I don't think anyone would ever really take that option...

IF this is the type of writing for quests overall in the game... it seems to me that this might be a problem. Can any of you come up with a reasonable explanation as to why you would choose to defend the fortress in this situation?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Did you notice that each race in the game draw inspiration from real life cultures?

Nords - Vikings (no surprise here)

Bretons - French (despite the name, many of their names are French origin. Though in Skyrim, they draw Irish inspirations especially the Forsworn)

Imperials - Roman Empire

Redguards - Arabs and Moors

Orcs - Mongols

Altmer - Japanese (with the Thalmor drawing heavily from Nazi Germany)

Bosmer - Celts

Dunmer - Jews

Argonians - Mayans and Aztecs

Khajilt - Gypsies

DId you know it's kinda the same thing with Game of Thrones?

The Wall - Hadrian's Wall

Wildlings - Picts

Starks - House of York

Lannisters - House of Lancaster

Targaryens - House of Stuart (Danny is Charles Edward Stuart)

War of the Sven Kingdoms - Wars of the Roses

the Red Wedding - Black_Dinner/ Massacre of Glencoe

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@durakken: I would defend the castle if it was more beneficial to me

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i don't care for mmo's so i hope they get working on elder scrolls 5 soon.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

Did you notice that each race in the game draw inspiration from real life cultures?

Nords - Vikings (no surprise here)

Bretons - French (despite the name, many of their names are French origin. Though in Skyrim, they draw Irish inspirations especially the Forsworn)

Imperials - Roman Empire

Redguards - Arabs and Moors

Orcs - Mongols

Altmer - Japanese (with the Thalmor drawing heavily from Nazi Germany)

Bosmer - Celts

Dunmer - Jews

Argonians - Mayans and Aztecs

Khajilt - Gypsies

DId you know it's kinda the same thing with Game of Thrones?

The Wall - Hadrian's Wall

Wildlings - Picts

Starks - House of York

Lannisters - House of Lancaster

Targaryens - House of Stuart (Danny is Charles Edward Stuart)

War of the Sven Kingdoms - Wars of the Roses

the Red Wedding - Black_Dinner/ Massacre of Glencoe

There is a lot more than that.

Dothraki - Mongols

Ghiscari - Carthage

Valyrian - Roman Empire

Ironborn - Vikings mixed with Irish

Dorne - Spain under Arabian influence.

Tyrells - House of Tudor

Boltons - House Draculesti of Wallachia (with Roose Bolton being Vlad Tepes)

Tywin Lannister himself is based on Edward I Longshanks that appeared on "Braveheart".

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I always seen the Ironborn as being based on the Lord of the Isles

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: @_tails_: Now then.. Elder scrolls online, hm?

I read about it a while back, and I remember something about removing a lot of major quests, and the gameplay will be similar to mmorpg?

I just wish they'd skip it and make a good multiplayer mod.. (Is there one already or what?)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Doesn't feel like the set up in TESO is too similar to Oblivion? Its set during a time of crisis where the Empire is without a clear leader a Daedric Lord is trying to invade Nirn and merge it with its own dimension.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Tails_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't care for mmo's so i hope they get working on elder scrolls 5 soon.

Skyrim was the fifth.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it true there will be Vampire Houses in Online? You can turn into a vampire again?

TekTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@_tails_: WHOOPS.......... thats what i meant. XD

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I don't have a life and my male Redguard is lvl 254 and my female woodelf is 150. What's your guy's levels?

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

So I don't have a life and my male Redguard is lvl 254 and my female woodelf is 150. What's your guy's levels?

O_o Level cap is 81. What is this I don't even...

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: Legendary patch not come out for you?

I don't have any patches for that matter :\

(I still have that bug in Markarth once you finish the Forsworn quest, you can't get rid of any bounty that happens afterward)

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: I would have no idea since I killed them right as they reached the jarl which instantly made me thane. The only part of the legendary patch I don't like is it took out the Oghma Infinium glitch which was nice when making a new character and not continuously going through the same lengthy process of leveling up from 1 again. I goto 81 then turn the patch on and work from there to the level i'm now.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: I would have no idea since I killed them right as they reached the jarl which instantly made me thane. The only part of the legendary patch I don't like is it took out the Oghma Infinium glitch which was nice when making a new character and not continuously going through the same lengthy process of leveling up from 1 again. I goto 81 then turn the patch on and work from there to the level i'm now.

It goes down like this: if you have any bounty in the Reach, any of the guards you interact in the hold will enter a conversation with you "Saying you were the one killed the people" just like in the end of the Forsworn conspiracy and they say "We will throw you into the Cidha Mine where you will never see the sunlight again", but nothing happens once you finish this conversation, and you are unable to serve time in prison to wipe out the bounty and every guard interaction will end the same way. I was unable to even become Thane then.The only way I could wipe the bounty away was in Season Unending, where I handed Markarth to the Stormcloaks (I hate myself for doing this, but that was the only way I could do it).

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Is this the greybeard one or actual war? I'm pretty sure either one will gain back the reach for you.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Is this the greybeard one or actual war? I'm pretty sure either one will gain back the reach for you.

In the quest Season Unending, you put the Civil War into a temporary truce until you finish the main quest and during negotiations, you can hand a allied hold to any side of the conflict - either Markath to the Stormcloaks or Riften to the Imperials. Doing this will wipe any previous bounty you had in the hold. And once you win them back to whatever side you were playing on, they will not come back.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

What is everybody's favourite Guild?

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've just committed genocide on Skyrim.... yes, there's no more NPC's in my game now.

The world is so empty now :l

Am I the only psychopath here?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Tough call between the Thieves Guild or the Companions, hated the Dark Brotherhood though.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: @ostyo: Thieves Guild is my favourite, if you guys could add new guilds to the next Elder Scrolls game what would they be?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jonny_anonymous: Good question, I have absolutely no idea. One thing that would be cool is if you could join the church of (insert deadra lord of choice) as a sort of mini guild, it would take alot of resources to make one for each lord though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruxae: Yea I really wish they had made all the factions joinable in Skyrim, like the Forsworn, Mystic Dawn and the Falmor. I would like to see a Hunters Guild in the next game where you go out hunting rare animals and monsters or maybe an Alchemy Guild.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I think if they ever bring back the unarmed skill a Martial Arts Dojo/Guild would be cool.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: That would be amazing if they set it in Akavir

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: The Tsaeci are extinct if I recall correctly.

I've just committed genocide on Skyrim.... yes, there's no more NPC's in my game now.

IMPOSSIBRU! DID YOU KILL MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR IN RIFTEN? IF YOU DID TEACH ME YOUR SECRET.

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: 5oz of powdered mammoth tusk, 3 pounds of nightshade, and a golden ectoplasm, stir it with Ysgrammor's spoon then add a little oomph with Pantea's flute.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anywhichwaybutup: Goddammit, I am writing this recipe! I need to get back and kill that evil bitch Maven >:P

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@ostyo: Its said the ones in Tamriel were wiped out around somewhere around the Second Era, the ones that survived had relations with other races and their descendants are said to be beautiful but frightening. There is no word if there still any Tsaesci living on Akavir. But then again, I might be mistaken. The Akaviri lore is so confusing and contradictory.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ostyo: The Tsaeci are extinct if I recall correctly.

@the_lunact_and_manic said:

IMPOSSIBRU! DID YOU KILL MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR IN RIFTEN? IF YOU DID TEACH ME YOUR SECRET.

Nothing to see here..

Move along >_>

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ghostrider2

@dragonborn_ct: just ignore her, you are superior.The damn bandits also make me laugh, like they have a chance to kill me, one shout and goodbye bandits.lol

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also recommend not to get daedric armor on low levels because you become boss and it's not fun, you can have it from 45-50.

AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eww just found out woodelves are cannibals

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: well, as GR fan it would be Blaze Of Eventide followed by UFO but again you become boss.Some graphics, and dlc like mods, ex Falskaar.UFO is good at lvl 1 and until you get some armor.