The NFL Thread

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

This is a thread where we discuss football and this dude is going off-topic.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel sorry for Zach Wilson. I feel like it's going to be a Long Season for the Jets. Belichek and the Patriots are Masters of Defense but what they did to Wilson on Sunday should be Criminal. 4 INTs. Made that dude look like he was purposely throwing the game away.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3953 Lunacyde  Moderator

@king_saturn: Aaron Jones really did the heavy lifting for them. Rodgers had a few big throws. Im still not sold on them though. The Lions have a terrible defense and are struck by injuries.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3954  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed. Aside from a few big throws it was mainly dink and dunks

Rodgers still held on to the ball a little too long and had a few deer in headlights moments.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3955 Lunacyde  Moderator

Luna's NFL Power rankings after week 2

1. Bucs

2. Rams

3. Raiders

4. Cardinals

5. Ravens

6. Chiefs

7. 49ers

8. Bills

9. Cowboys

10. Browns

Agree or disagree?

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the rest of the list is good.

8. Bills

9. Cowboys

10. Browns

Could go either way TBH

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3957  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@demarg: Yeah, it's hard to place teams with only two games underway. I put Cowboys over Cleveland purely because the Cowboys win was more impressive (beat a better team). The Browns should have more thoroughly dominated the Texans if we want to believe they are a top Super Bowl contender. The Bills were higher because they dominated what most people thought could be a fringe playoff team.

They're all pretty interchangeable.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea that list was pretty good.

Week 3 baby!!!!

My ravens face the lions, we beat the chiefs now we play the lions. Lets just hope we win in a blowout and Lamar has to rest in the 4th :D.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

1. Bucs

2. Rams

3. Raiders

4. Cardinals

5. Ravens

6. Chiefs

7. 49ers

8. Bills

9. Cowboys

10. Browns

Agree or disagree?

I think the top 8 are the correct teams, though I'd shuffle the order a bit. I would drop the Rams and Raiders and bump up the Ravens and Chiefs.

The Cowboys and Browns are shakily in the top 10. I'm curious to see how the Packers do against the 49ers and the Chargers do against the Chiefs. If either win, they definitely slide in.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3960  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@kingofwakanda:

I'm not sure how you put the Ravens and Chiefs over the Raiders who beat the Ravens (who beat the Chiefs) and Steelers (who beat the Bills).

The Rams I can somewhat understand, they are 2-0, but we can be pretty sure the Bears aren't very good. Not sure what to think about Colts yet, if they just aren't as good as we thought, or they have just had a very difficult first two games.

I need to see more from the Packers before I move them in the top 10, if anything I think the Seahawks are ahead of the Packers at this time. But, if the Pack can beat the Niners, maybe.

Chargers I have a lot of hope for, but have not been impressed. I thought higher of them than I have seen them perform thus-far. But yeah, if they can beat the Chiefs they deserve in. Big if.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3961 Lunacyde  Moderator

@demarg: Hope it isn't a let down game for you guys. Rooting for y'all to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs this year.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3962  Edited By xzone

@lunacyde said:

1. Bucs

2. Rams

3. Raiders

4. Cardinals

5. Ravens

6. Chiefs

7. 49ers

8. Bills

9. Cowboys

10. Browns

Agree or disagree?

Why are the 49ers so high?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3963  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@xzone: Hmm. A valid point. On one hand, they're 2-0. On the other hand their competition has been questionable. Probably should drop them a few.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@xzone: Yeah I think the Chargers could go either way then they probably shouldn't lose until the Chiefs.

After this week, do you still think it's realistic for the Cowboys to go undefeated until they play the Chiefs? Going 8-1 to start the season, especially considering the context of the loss, sounds good to me haha.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Perhaps I look at rankings a bit differently. I like to think of who should be favored on a neutral field. For instance, I'd favor the Bucs over anyone. I'd favor the Chiefs to beat everyone except the Bucs, followed by the Ravens to be beat everyone except the Bucs and Chiefs and so on and so forth.

I'm just cautious about buying into the Raiders, because, well, they're the Raiders. They've looked good thus far though and maybe Gruden has finally figured things out. The Ravens lost to the Raiders in OT with two fumbles from Lamar and a 3rd turnover. Raiders were also home. I feel like Big Ben is cooked at this point and the Raiders have a cupcake schedule coming up.

I know the Chiefs lost, but they still have the scariest offense in the league. Mahomes finally lost a game in September and it took a superhuman effort from Lamar Jackson, a costly fumble and going for it on 4th down. And the Ravens were also home. Credit to the Ravens for pulling it off despite giving up a pick 6.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@king_saturn: Aaron Jones really did the heavy lifting for them. Rodgers had a few big throws. Im still not sold on them though. The Lions have a terrible defense and are struck by injuries.

It's something though because the Lions was keeping up with the Packers very well in the 1st Half. We will see how good the Packers are when the play the 49ers. Niners Defense is Pretty Brutal.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cowboys too low.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dolphins may need to look into negotiations for Deshaun Watson again. I know he got them Crazy Charges on Him but still. Tua be getting Hurt like he Fred Sanford in the Pocket or something.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3969 Lunacyde  Moderator

@xzone said:
@lunacyde said:

@xzone: Yeah I think the Chargers could go either way then they probably shouldn't lose until the Chiefs.

After this week, do you still think it's realistic for the Cowboys to go undefeated until they play the Chiefs? Going 8-1 to start the season, especially considering the context of the loss, sounds good to me haha.

Cowboys are honestly impressing me. They are showing they can score points in more than one way, be flexible, and compete with really good teams. It is going understated how much the Cowboys have been plagued by injury so far, and yet theyre still competing. Anything can happen, but I can definitely see them being undefeated the rest of the games until the Chiefs.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3970 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: Perhaps I look at rankings a bit differently. I like to think of who should be favored on a neutral field. For instance, I'd favor the Bucs over anyone. I'd favor the Chiefs to beat everyone except the Bucs, followed by the Ravens to be beat everyone except the Bucs and Chiefs and so on and so forth.

I'm just cautious about buying into the Raiders, because, well, they're the Raiders. They've looked good thus far though and maybe Gruden has finally figured things out. The Ravens lost to the Raiders in OT with two fumbles from Lamar and a 3rd turnover. Raiders were also home. I feel like Big Ben is cooked at this point and the Raiders have a cupcake schedule coming up.

I know the Chiefs lost, but they still have the scariest offense in the league. Mahomes finally lost a game in September and it took a superhuman effort from Lamar Jackson, a costly fumble and going for it on 4th down. And the Ravens were also home. Credit to the Ravens for pulling it off despite giving up a pick 6.

That is a good way of looking at things. I compile my list more based on how have they performed so far than exactly who I think would win in one game head to head. I like to reflect what is happening in the games, not just who I think is ultimately the best roster.

Two different but equally valid ways of looking at it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3971 Lunacyde  Moderator

Cowboys too low.

Could be. I think they will rise in the next few weeks.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Where would you rank the Cowboy's defense/offense individually?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if Teddy Bridgewater can keep up his Good Play for the rest of the Season ? It would be something to see the Broncos surprise some folks this year. We shall see.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3974 Lunacyde  Moderator

@king_saturn: I mean, they have only played trash teams so far. We will see how it goes against better teams.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we get to see justin fields start lets go.

Hope he does well.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@demarg said:

we get to see justin fields start lets go.

Hope he does well.

He played better against Cincy than a lot realize as well. If you didn't watch the game you probably don't know he threw a TD that was dropped and a few other really nice passes that were dropped. His stats should look better.

You can really see the talent he has. It's exciting. My expectations for his career are super high.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx:

I 100% agree, his stats can be very misleading. Dude has such a nice passing game.

One of my favorite players in college.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3978 Lunacyde  Moderator

Hoping Fields goes off.

I have him on my fantasy team bench.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@king_saturn: I mean, they have only played trash teams so far. We will see how it goes against better teams.

Will have to wait until October then. Broncos play the New York Jets next. The game after is against the Ravens.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3980 Lunacyde  Moderator

Im interested to see if the Panthers could be the real deal.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3981 Lunacyde  Moderator

Who is starting at QB for Houston tonight?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how a Prime Michael Vick would do in the Current NFL ? I can't see him being like Russell Wilson good but still he would probably be awesome. The QB Position is Different from when he played. Guys are throwing a lot More Touchdowns than in the early 2000's.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Plus we've talked about before how the league is softer. Imagine Vick in a time when it's been more hands off the QB than ever.

@lunacyde said:

Davis Mills.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishx said:

@king_saturn: Plus we've talked about before how the league is softer. Imagine Vick in a time when it's been more hands off the QB than ever.

@lunacyde said:

Davis Mills.

Vick might become the First Quarterback to rush for 2000 yards in this League honestly. Not sure about his Passing though. Vick had a Strong Arm but his Accuracy was always kind of Inconsistent. He was a Better Passer with the Eagles though.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3985  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@king_saturn: He'd probably look a lot like Lamar Jackson with a stronger arm.

I don't think Vick was a better rusher than Lamar.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3986  Edited By DemarG

Man skittles! cmc hurt..

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vick has a stronger arm, not a better passer IMO.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3988 Lunacyde  Moderator

Panthers not impressing me like I'd hoped.

Both teams looking pretty meh.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Panthers looking sort of Average. I think them losing McCaffrey again is hurting them. McCaffrey stay getting Hurt.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well, there goes my undefeated fantasy record.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did end up giving the whole fantasy thing a go and made a few teams. My favorite team name I made is ComingForShiva.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be something if Lamar Jackson won the Rushing Title this year. He's 4th in the League in Rushing this Season. I don't think he will but if a QB was to do it Lamar would be the one.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew he was gonna make it.l, I was yelling greatest when he walked on the field, lol.

Justin Tucker the G.O.A.T for real.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chargers looked good against the Chiefs. That Chargers Defense was giving the Chiefs hell. Chiefs do not really look all the way right though. They scoring points but their Defense is giving up a Ton. Also, the Steelers have been sort of embarassing on Offense. They can't run the ball and Big Ben looking terrible throwing the ball. Bengals showing they are something else this year.

The_Silkworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I see its gonna be a special kinda Detroit sh!tshow this season smh

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TUCKER TUCKER

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man our wr's always drop stuff, 2 drop tds

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buccaneers Secondary is Awful....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh Oh, Captain America just lost Hawkeye to a Big Hit in the Open Field. Gronk looks like he is Okay though.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4000 Lunacyde  Moderator

Tucker dropping the ball in from the freakin center field logo.