The NFL Thread

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2951 Lunacyde  Moderator

I'm really stumped at this point for who I think will win Rams vs Saints. The match-ups favor the Saints in my opinion and Brees has more experience in the playoffs, but the Saints need to play better than they did vs. the Eagles if they want to win the game.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2952 Lunacyde  Moderator

Predictions:

Patriots 29 Chiefs 27

Saints 35 Rams 31

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lunacyde: I don't think Goff has the experience to go down to New Orleans and win. If the Rams pull it off it'll be because Gurley put the team on his back.

I was really hoping for bone chilling cold for the Chiefs game. That favors KC with Brady being 41. It'll still be cold, but not extremely so. I do worry about Andy Reid in a big game situation against Belichick.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2954 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: I don't think Goff has the experience to go down to New Orleans and win. If the Rams pull it off it'll be because Gurley put the team on his back.

I was really hoping for bone chilling cold for the Chiefs game. That favors KC with Brady being 41. It'll still be cold, but not extremely so. I do worry about Andy Reid in a big game situation against Belichick.

I honestly don't know if the cold would have favored KC. Brady may be 41, but he has a lot more experience playing in cold.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good start for the patriots.

1h11 am here in Paris, not tired at all!

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my big mouth...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints got robbed

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2959  Edited By JohnnyZ256

At what point will fans realize that the NFL is likely as scripted as the WWE? Today's NFC game gives strong evidence that the NFL is rigged, at least in part.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES!!!

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brees was robbed on National television for two consecutive years, call the police.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's go. Pats to the super bowl AGAIN!.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2965 Lunacyde  Moderator

"The Patriots don't have it this year."

"The Chargers are better."

"The Chiefs are better."

"Tom Brady can't win a conference championship on the road. "

Yeah, okay.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LETS GO PATS!!!!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2967  Edited By Stormdriven

Should be a great Super Bowl. Pulling for the Pats of course, and my boy Tommy.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2968 Lunacyde  Moderator

If the Patriots win this Super Bowl it will be so utterly sweet.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

...yep

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2970  Edited By Hope_w

Patriots fans are the worst.... I feel bad for rivers though, every chance he has to be great his team ends up blowing it for him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2971 Lunacyde  Moderator

We really are.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2972  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

So....

I have to choose between the soo-good-they-suck Patriots, or the team that kicked my 'Boys out of the playoffs, Rams in the SB?

Can I pick the refs? ????

Hmmm, gimme Rams, even though BeliG.O.A.T. and TT shouldn't lose, tbh.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brady saying “I’m the baddest mother****** on the planet” somehow managed to make me an even bigger fan of him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2974  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@pharoh_atem: Maybe Brady will retire if he wins ;) you better root for him.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

....Tom Brady after winning the coin toss in OT. God help them ?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2976 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mazahs117: That is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@mazahs117: That is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

He’s done it countless times ..it’s sickening

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny Thought : Would People Be Complaining About The Overtime Rules If The Chiefs Got The Ball First And Stormed Down On The Patriots And Scored A Touchdown ?

Feel Sorry For Saints Fans... Well Only A Little. Still Our Division Rival. LOL

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The NFL makes me smh.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucked in Saints

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we know one thing about the Patriots in the Superbowl, it will be a close game. In 8 Brady appearances they have a point differential of +4 points.

I fully expect another close game. I have no love for the Rams but I don't think I can stomach another Patriots win. Yes, I'm a hater lol.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

football is underrated

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Super Bowl LIII is gonna be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXVI.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2984 Lunacyde  Moderator

It's going to be a great game.

31-27 Patriots

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron Donald is about to feast on Tom Brady

27-20 Rams

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2986 Lunacyde  Moderator

27-20 Rams

What makes you think he's going to get to Brady when the Chargers and Chiefs couldn't?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

41-31 Patriots.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

27-20 Rams

What makes you think he's going to get to Brady when the Chargers and Chiefs couldn't?

Aaron Donald is a one man army on the defensive line and in the race for mvp. I mean, he's recorded 20+ sacks alone so far and I dont think Brady has been up against anyone as good as him this season. I don't really know how good the chargers are defensively, but I know for sure the Chiefs are absolute trash. Brady strolled right down the field against them, so they're not the best team to use as an example of The Pats protecting him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2989 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000:

The Chiefs were #1 in the league in sacks this year. They didn't get a sack against Brady. The Steelers were #2 in sacks as a team and only got one. J.J. Watt was 2nd in individual sacks and didn't get a sack. Chris Jones was 3rd and Danielle Hunter was 5th, neither of them sacked Brady.The Chargers had Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram and didn't get a sack. Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney, and Calais Campbell all failed to sack Brady as well.

In 4 games this year the top 4 sack leading teams got a grand total of 2 sacks on Brady. Now, I do not expect them to fully eliminate Aaron Donald, he is going to be a PROBLEM, whether he goes free or frees up others because he demands a double team. All I'm saying is the Patriots are going to game plan for him and although he's going to make plays I doubt he is going to "feast".

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron Donald is a one man army on the defensive line and in the race for mvp. I mean, he's recorded 20+ sacks alone so far and I dont think Brady has been up against anyone as good as him this season. I don't really know how good the chargers are defensively, but I know for sure the Chiefs are absolute trash. Brady strolled right down the field against them, so they're not the best team to use as an example of The Pats protecting him.

The chiefs were tied for the most sacks in the NFL this year and did not get a single one on brady.

Then again, I am biased as a pats fan and expect this to be close. 31-27 Patriots.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@buttersdaman000:

The Chiefs were #1 in the league in sacks this year. They didn't get a sack against Brady. The Steelers were #2 in sacks as a team and only got one. J.J. Watt was 2nd in individual sacks and didn't get a sack. Chris Jones was 3rd and Danielle Hunter was 5th, neither of them sacked Brady.The Chargers had Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram and didn't get a sack. Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney, and Calais Campbell all failed to sack Brady as well.

In 4 games this year the top 4 sack leading teams got a grand total of 2 sacks on Brady. Now, I do not expect them to fully eliminate Aaron Donald, he is going to be a PROBLEM, whether he goes free or frees up others because he demands a double team. All I'm saying is the Patriots are going to game plan for him and although he's going to make plays I doubt he is going to "feast".

@kalkent said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

The chiefs having the most sacks is more a testament to their offensive power imo. When you're always beating teams, usually by multiple touchdowns, you, as the opposing team, have to throw the ball more. When you throw the ball more, you open yourself up for more sacks. That explanation totally makes sense to me, because how else is the 31st ranking defense (I think they allowed the most pass/rush yards) just randomly going to have the most sacks as a team??

As for why the Chiefs didn't get a sack against Brady, well they rushed the ball a lot and cut through them at will. They had 2 rushing touchdowns in the first half, so I think they were more afraid of the rush than the pass. And their defense was just playing like trash anyways. Like I said, Brady was strolling down the field on them at times.

You got a point about how tope guys failed to sack Brady, but iirc, Mack and Watt were both playing pretty poorly. I don't think the same is gonna happen for Aaron Donald.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2992  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: You're probably right about the offense helping them rack up sacks, but Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Chris Jones are not scrubs. Like I said, I expect Donald to have a big impact whether directly or indirectly. I just don't see him having a multiple sack outing where he single-handedly changes the game in favor of the Rams. i could be wrong, but I think the evidence supports my case. It wasn't just the Chiefs game, they faced all top 4 sacking teams in the NFL this year and only gave up a total of 2 sacks in four games. Either way it should be an excellent game, Patriots Super Bowls usually come down to the final drive.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@buttersdaman000: You're probably right about the offense helping them rack up sacks, but Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Chris Jones are not scrubs. Like I said, I expect Donald to have a big impact whether directly or indirectly. I just don't see him having a multiple sack outing where he single-handedly changes the game in favor of the Rams. i could be wrong, but I think the evidence supports my case. It wasn't just the Chiefs game, they faced all top 4 sacking teams in the NFL this year and only gave up a total of 2 sacks in four games. Either way it should be an excellent game, Patriots Super Bowls usually come down to the final drive.

Nah I see what you're saying. The Pats line has been doing better than I originally thought. I guess we'll see on the 4th lol

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2994 Lunacyde  Moderator

@buttersdaman000: The combination of excellent offensive line play, a strong running game, time of possession domination, and Tom Brady getting the ball away quickly has all contributed to making Brady hard to sack lately.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes !!!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2996 Lunacyde  Moderator
incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LETS GO THATS 6!!!

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Steelers fan today kinda sucks, but hey, proud for the GOAT of Football

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:/

Congrats to the Patriots, I really didn't expect them to win. Tom Brady and Bill B are just insanely good! I do think the Rams lost this game more than the Patriots won it, if you understand what I mean. The Rams defense did their job and more, but that offense, which was supposedly among the best in the league, was just cold. Goff and McVay choked big time. It's the exact opposite of the Patriots game against the Chiefs, but in their defense, the Chiefs defense was always bad.

Brady 6/9 in the super bowl though gah damn he's good. He' gonna make it 7 then retire lol