The NFL Thread

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jacksonville went Cold in the Second Quarter against the Eagles. Lets see what happens now. Giving up 20 straight points is Baaad.

Browns need to beat the Falcons.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#GoldRush

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, the NFC East is Strong as Heck this Year. Eagles 4-0, Cowboys 3-1, Giants 3-1. Very Very Interesting. What is wrong with the Ravens in the Second Half ? They totally let up against the Bills.

Avatar image for demonicravegirl
DemonicRaveGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol the AFC north is a joke this year

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamar chocked, "best QB in the league" my ass

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamar chocked, "best QB in the league" my ass

"LaMaR dOnT hAvE nO wEaPoNs"

"LaMaR hAs To Do EvErYtHiNg"

I still dont get how some can put him over Allen or Mahomes.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao one subpar game and the haterz come out the depths like there's chum in the water

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's a continuous pattern with Lamar. He hasn't done shit to earn the benefit of the doubt.

Josh Allen and Mahomes own him.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6159  Edited By Straight-Fire  Online

I have nothing against Lamar but I guess being honest means you're hating. 😂

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Packers Vs Patriots Game has Been Very Good. That Rookie that Took Over for Hoyer when he got Blasted has Played Well.

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Packers vs Patriots was intense. Another close game like Bills and Ravens. Doubbs, Watson, and Jones showed up as expected. Patriots went through two QB’s. The patriots ran the ball very well against them but Packers Defense came up big when they needed to. Intense game. Zappe isn't bad but having the ball at midfield in OT and doing nothing was their undoing. You're a 9 ring coach how do you not go for it on 4th, or call a fake punt, or something? belichick is in shambles without brady.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Packers vs Patriots was intense. Another close game like Bills and Ravens. Doubbs, Watson, and Jones showed up as expected. Patriots went through two QB’s. The patriots ran the ball very well against them but Packers Defense came up big when they needed to. Intense game. Zappe isn't bad but having the ball at midfield in OT and doing nothing was their undoing. You're a 9 ring coach how do you not go for it on 4th, or call a fake punt, or something? belichick is in shambles without brady.

Nothing but a bunch of facts. I know Harbaugh has always been a risky and aggressive coach, even more so now because he believes Lamar can pull it off but he honestly should have gone for a FG. Their D might have stepped up to stop Allen and the Offense. But then again, easier said than done.

SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Chiefs are running all over the Bucs right now! Defense is gassed up. I dont get how this Bucs Offense has struggled to get into the RZ all season. Just doesn't seem right for a Brady-led Offense

Avatar image for demonicravegirl
DemonicRaveGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now all of the sudden the BUCS turn into a TD machine?? Bunch of BS. This game shouldn't. Even be close.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chiefs Offense is getting everything they want tonight. Buccaneers Offense do look Pretty Good but apparently the Bucs Defense has been Replaced with the Detroit Lions Defense tonight.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#6166  Edited By TDK_1997

I didn't watch any of the games last night as I didn't really feel like it, wasn't really in the mood. However, I saw from Instagram that there were a lot of close games once again and some pretty crazy finishes.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6167  Edited By The_Xsoteric
@straight-fire said:

I have nothing against Lamar but I guess being honest means you're hating. 😂

I was more referring to the 'he choked - best QB in the league my ass' comment (check the stats though lol) but if you're desperate for the smoke come on wit it then 😎 Allen literally choked a week ago. Where was all this energy than?

No Caption Provided

Lamar doesnt get the benefit of what doubt? MVP doesnt give you the benefit of the doubt? Its not like this is the playoffs where he's 1-3. Its regular season. You know, the place where he has an MVP and Allen has.....Allen has......Allen haaaaas..... I guess putting up 36 in a losing effort vs the Chiefs somehow catapults a dude to instant benefit of the doubt status despite no MVPs. No rings. No nuttin. Weird metric of measurement there but I dig it.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the Bucs Defense has been Replaced with the Detroit Lions Defense tonight.

No Caption Provided

Why you attacking my Lions bro 😭😭

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6169  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

If the Bucs could put together their good defensive showings and good offensive showings they might actually be able to do something this year.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: Twice actually. He choked away a big lead against the Phins as well.

He has accomplished absolutely nothing when it actually mattered, and his stats and play in those games back that up.

He isn't the best the league, not by a long shot so deal with it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

the Bucs Defense has been Replaced with the Detroit Lions Defense tonight.

No Caption Provided

Why you attacking my Lions bro 😭😭

Ha Ha... you already know.

ITACHI_IS_GAWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Packers almost lost to a 3rd stringer. Yeah my vote still stands, they ain't winning the division this year

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachi_is_gawd: “Third stringer“ is a non factor. Packers offense struggled in the first half but got on gear in 2nd. Defense still made them play two of their QB’s. If we take into the account how the delay of game wasn’t called, how NE was gifted 7 points. And if Doubs doesn’t fumble the pass from Rodgers , it would be more like 31+ - 17.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucs season has been a rollercoaster so far.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over or under: Cowboys 9.5 Wins (regular season).

I’ll take the over.

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Okay I'll bite. I'll take under

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I should have checked the schedule real quick...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am surprised at how Good the Eagles are this Season. I thought they could have made a Wild Card but being the Best Team in the League ? Yeah, did not see that coming. Hurts is Playing Good but that Defense is Wilding.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6180  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Cowboys winning under 9 games is laughable. We got the best defense in the league, ad the offense is starting to get be week after week.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric:

Allen literally choked a week ago. Where was all this energy than?

I wouldn't call people haters for pointing out that he choked either. You did that with Lamar.

MVP doesnt give you the benefit of the doubt?

The MVP award is old news and so far seems like a once in a lifetime season for Action Jackson.

You know, the place where he has an MVP and Allen has.....Allen has......Allen haaaaas.....

I wouldn't bet on it, but I like Allen's chances this year to get one.

I guess putting up 36 in a losing effort vs the Chiefs somehow catapults a dude to instant benefit of the doubt status despite no MVPs. No rings. No nuttin.

I've been saying Josh Allen was legit since 2020. His stats and play back it up. It's not his fault his defense can't make plays in the playoffs.

So I'm curious. Do you think Lamar Jackson is better than Josh Allen?

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love how all the Patriots fans wanna disappear now after being insufferable for years. 😂🤣🙄 Damn shame, to be frank with ya.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6183 Lunacyde  Moderator

Cowboys winning under 9 games is laughable. We got the best defense in the league, ad the offense is starting to get be week after week.

Cowboys are looking better than I thought. In a weak NFC they'll get a wildcard, but I still see them out by the end of the divisional round.

Best defense in the league is a little rich for me.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6184 Lunacyde  Moderator

Love how all the Patriots fans wanna disappear now after being insufferable for years. 😂🤣🙄 Damn shame, to be frank with ya.

Still here. Almost beat y'all's boy Rodgers with our 3rd string QB.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, 49ers putting it on the Rams. Stafford looked pretty Lackluster. Credit to that Niners Defense.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

you literally said you were rooting for the Dolphins like a page back. How can you be a fan of a team and go for a rival in the same division? Not just that but you don't mention them unless someone else brings them up.

Also, you weren't the only Patriots fan I was referring to.

Almost beat y'all's boy Rodgers with our 3rd string QB.

You just had to sneak in a Rodgers diss one way or another. But whatever. Green Bay made some mistakes [two turnovers and a dropped TD] and the refs missed a delay of game penalty that led to a Patriots touchdown. That aside almost doesn't count. It's either you won or lost.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the Rams look terrible. I know the 49ers usually play them tough but besides this game, they haven't been looking right.

The offense has especially been sus af.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stafford fell apart.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very happy that my 49ers kicked the Rams' @$$!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, the week is finally finished, so it's time for my Power Rankings after Week 4. Here's how I see the hierarchy in the NFL:

1. Bills (1 up)
  2. Chiefs (3 up)
  3. Eagles (same place as last week)
  4. Dolphins (3 down)
  5. Packers (1 down)
  6. Vikings (3 up)
  7. Ravens (1 down)
  8. Bucs (1 down)
  9. Chargers (entering the Top 10 again)
  10. 49ers (entering the Top 10 again)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6191  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@straight-fire: I'm rooting for Miami I because I have Jaylen Waddle on 2 of my fantasy teams and Tyreek Hill on the other one. That's roughly $700 total dollars out there hanging in the balance, so yeah I was rooting for the Dolphins. Also, I feel bad for Tua and was wishing him a good season and I tend to root for underdogs who have been trash forever in games where they don't play my team (Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, Lions, etc)

I don't see it as a "your team is X, you can never under any circumstance root for team Y because they're in your division" (unless its the Jets, screw them). It's not like the Patriots actually ever had a rival. I feel bad for the Dolphins and Bills getting dominated for two decades, sue me.

My rooting interests break down as follows (in descending importance):

1. The Patriots. Any game where they are directly involved in I root for them.

2. My fantasy team. If my fantasy team can win with a great performance from a player or team then I am rooting for them.

3. Tom Brady. Any game where it doesn't directly effect the Patriots or my fantasy team I root for Brady/the Bucs.

4. Underdogs/Storylines I like. For example, very excited about the Jaguars this year and hoping the Lions can make the playoffs. Last year was very happy with the Bengals run because they were massive underdogs.

5. Cannot root for any of the teams on my hate list.

• Steelers
  • Jets
  • Saints
  • Chiefs
  • Giants

Eagles are in purgatory because I love Jalen Hurts so much.

As for Rodgers, of course I need to, isn't that how this works :P

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6192 Lunacyde  Moderator

Luna's NFL Power Rankings After Week 4

1. Bills

2. Chiefs

3. Eagles

4. Dolphins

5. Ravens

6. Packers

7. Vikings

8. Jaguars

9. Bucs

10. 49ers

Thoughts? Agree, Disagree?!

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Cowboys are looking better than I thought.

Obviously. #GoldRush.

In a weak NFC they'll get a wildcard, but I still see them out by the end of the divisional round.

Weak NFC, lol. AFC ain't much better tbh. Not sold on Eagles taking the division just yet. We undoubtedly have the better defense, and dare I say, quarterback play when Dak is on point.

I ain't speaking on the playoffs cuz this is the Cowboys hear, but I feel good about the regular season. 🤠

It's certainly debatable. lol. I just think ya'll punishing the Cowboys because of one week one game. This is mostly thr same team that won 12 games last year. We're obviously much better now than before.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope TB12 is well enough to play against the Falcons. I know he hurt his Shoulder a bit. Brady did not seem too washed to me against the Chiefs. Dude looked Good throwing the Football even though the Bucs gave up a ton of Points.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6195  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@pharoh_atem said:

@lunacyde:

Cowboys are looking better than I thought.

Obviously. #GoldRush.

In a weak NFC they'll get a wildcard, but I still see them out by the end of the divisional round.

Weak NFC, lol. AFC ain't much better tbh. Not sold on Eagles taking the division just yet. We undoubtedly have the better defense, and dare I say, quarterback play when Dak is on point.

I ain't speaking on the playoffs cuz this is the Cowboys hear, but I feel good about the regular season. 🤠

It's certainly debatable. lol. I just think ya'll punishing the Cowboys because of one week one game. This is mostly thr same team that won 12 games last year. We're obviously much better now than before.

I don't know. The Eagles are #1 in defensive efficiency and #2 in defensive DVOA. The Cowboys are 10th in defensive efficiency and they're outside the top 5 in defensive DVOA. Eagles are 9th in points and 3rd in yards. Cowboys are third in scoring defense and 7th in yards given up. Eagles have played better offenses though. They've played the 1st, 7th, 15th and 24th scoring offenses. Cowboys have played the 13th, 16th, 19th, and 24th scoring offenses. Offenses have also spent a lot more time in "garbage time" against the Eagles since their offense has been so much more dominant than Dallas'. Overall, I'd rate Dallas a top 5 defense, but I think there are a few defenses better, including the Eagles..

I don't think the Cowboys are the same team, I think they're the same team with less weapons and a diminished offensive line. Those two factors are going to cost them games, as will the improved competition in the division.

I can definitely admit I was wrong about the Cowboys after week 1, but I still need to see more before I put them up where you have them.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xZone's Games To Watch | Week Five

1) Bengals (2-2) @ Ravens (2-2)

We've got an AFC North divisional matchup between two teams that could really use a win. Not only are the Bengals trying to recover from an 0-2 start and the Ravens from a fumbled game to the Bills, first in the division is ripe for the taking with 2-2 records belonging to everyone in it. The Ravens have struggled so far to close out wins against good teams (Dolphins, Bills); will that continue here?

xZone's Pick: Bengals

2) Cowboys (3-1) @ Rams (2-2)

Ahhh, so nice to have the Cowboys back :D

The Rams are 2-2, but so far, have only lost to a team that sorta owns them in the regular season and the Bills. It's early, so let's not count the Rams out yet. Dallas may know something about being counted out too early, as after losing a kinda ugly game to the Bucs and losing Dak, many might have seen the season as over. Yet, despite that, they've bounced back and defeated three straight opponents. The question is if they can make it four and put LA below .500.

xZone's Pick: Cowboys

3) Eagles (4-0) @ Cardinals (2-2)

Eagles are 4-0 for the first time since idk when, and they may look to continue their winning ways on the road against the Cardinals, who'd probably like to see a bit more winning themselves. Like I said with the Rams, it's early, but do we really trust the Cardinals right now? Who knows, maybe they'll bounce back and beat the unbeaten, but I'm not holding my breath.

xZone's Pick: Eagles

4) Giants (3-1) @ Packers (3-1)

Ok, I get it. It's the Giants; but they are still 3-1, and to be fair, the Packers just struggled with a team that is currently 1-3. They haven't really proven they're too good this year. Also, apparently the Giants are 2-0 in London, and have made the playoffs both seasons in which they've traveled there. Guess where this game is being played.

xZone's Pick: Giants

5) Bears (2-2) @ Vikings (3-1)

The NFC North leading Vikings host another member of said division this Sunday as the Bears look to get back above .500 after a loss to the Giants. Minnesota is in control of their own destiny atm; they hold the tiebreaker over Green Bay. Win here, and not only do they extend their record to 4-1, but they maintain control over the division.

xZone's Pick: Vikings

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6197  Edited By The_Xsoteric
@straight-fire said:

@the_xsoteric:

Allen literally choked a week ago. Where was all this energy than?

I wouldn't call people haters for pointing out that he choked either. You did that with Lamar.

Depends on the manner in which its done though right? Give some context come on lol I get you're trying to create a 'hey all they said was' narrative but for real dude save that shit for the rookies. Clearly both posts where more than just claiming Lamar choked. Making me actually break it down as if you didnt already know that is boring so lets move on k? Being called a hater for talkin shit isnt the end of the world.

@straight-fire said:

The MVP award is old news and so far seems like a once in a lifetime season for Action Jackson.

If winning one MVP is old news whats winning zero MVPs? No news? Exactly but some how Allens better how? I dont know. Why? You tell me. Once in a lifetime > Not at all. Though thats not even accurate cause Lamar has stats and NFL records that support him being an MVP candidate nearly every year. I can give you some if you're actually interested but for now I'll give you 1 - Jackson is the only player in NFL historywith 2,500-plus passing yards and 1,000-plus rushing yards in a single season and he accomplished that feat twice in consecutive years.

@straight-fire said:

I wouldn't bet on it, but I like Allen's chances this year to get one.

He might. I wouldnt be mad at that (though can you really say he's been playing like an MVP? He sure didnt look it vs Baltimore). But how does 'he could, maybe he will this year, it could happen' all trump 'Lamar already did it' - ?

If your point is that Allen has tremendous 'potential' I'm right there with ya. Dude is a beast and before his career is over if I had to bet I would wager he gets at least one. However maybes and mights dont surpass already did, I dont care how long ago it was. Though 2019 aint that long ago lmao

@straight-fire said:

I've been saying Josh Allen was legit since 2020. His stats and play back it up. It's not his fault his defense can't make plays in the playoffs.

So I'm curious. Do you think Lamar Jackson is better than Josh Allen?

Woah woah lol I'm not saying Allen isnt legit dont strawman me. Dont go full Mika Andrews on me now. He has some great stats. Before the season started I belieeeeeve he and Lamar were tied for most wins since 2018 putting them 4th behind some legends (might have to double check that but I'm close if not dead on)

All this said, I'm not even willing to say Lamar choked. The coaching staff failed to make any adjustments the second Allen started running and thats when the game started going down hill (lil help from the refs never hurt either). Allen began breaking containment and the Ravens seemingly had no plan to counter it. Not to mention...kick the f'n field goal. Sure Lamar had two picks - one was tipped at the line and the last one was him trying to make a play-hero ball after the Bills D blew up the play as soon as the ball was snapped. Never should have been in a position to throw a 4th and goal pick to begin with.

Check the stats of that game. Allen didnt do anything special or even noteworthy. Or good for that matter. He threw one less pick. WOW. Some real MVP stuff there.

19-36 and you have Stephon Diggs....neither one played up to their potential or station but again, I didnt see any Allen criticism this week or the week he choked. All I saw were people who had nothing to say about Jackson for 3 weeks suddenly become reaaaaal animated when he lost. Call it what you want man, I call it hatin

No Caption Provided

And yeah, until Allen actually does something I have Lamar over him.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with Lamar Jackson having that Lackluster Game against the Bills, Baltimore is messing up by not giving Dude his Money. I feel like the Ravens will still be in the Mix as the Season goes along and will make the Playoffs.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6199 Lunacyde  Moderator

I think the Broncos win a close one tonight, 24-17.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6200  Edited By eslay03

I hate to say it as I’d love an entertaining Thursday night, but I don’t know if either of these teams will put up 24. Two struggling offenses on short rest without their star RBs? It isn’t ideal.

Hope I’m wrong though.