The Hierarchy of Star Wars Fans

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There has been a lot of Star Wars discussion on Comic Vine lately. This guide will be useful in order to identify which type of Star Wars fan you come across.

Descending from "have a chat with them, you may learn something" tier to "avoid all confrontation" tier.

TIER 1) The Patrician

No Caption Provided

"The purity of the brand is captured well by many early 90's rhetoricians, but literature taking place over 50 years ABY/BBY obscures the universe."

At the top of the hierarchy we have the patrician. The patrician is the Legendary Pokemon of Star Wars fans, spotting one in the wild is a rare occurrence. They appreciate the original trilogy mostly for its purpose of spawning a small burst of 90's sci-fi literature. According to them, any period of time significantly later or before that of the original trilogy blurs the aesthetic of the franchise.

Favorite characters include:

• Luke Skywalker
  • Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyp Durron
  • Darth Caedus

TIER 2) The Thinker

No Caption Provided

"Ponderous, indeed, how the eras blend together. A creation of multiple sci-fi universes weaved into a single timeline. Fascinating."

The thinker can appreciate every era of Star Wars without bias, but still gives criticism when it is necessary. They will give any form of Star Wars media a fair chance in the beginning, be it a video game or comic. Their naivety and slight lack of refinement in overall taste slightly holds them from patrician status.

• Darth Plagueis
  • Darth Revan
  • Emperor Palpatine
  • Darth Bane

TIER 3) The Scholar

No Caption Provided

"Why is Yoda doing front flips? Why is Darth Vader braiding his hair and crying?"

Not entirely well versed in the expanded universe but analytical and fair towards the films themselves. They cherish the original trilogy with a passion. The prequel trilogy offends the thinker to no end; they perceive the endless CGI, misplaced additions to lore, and awful acting as downright sinful. Cynical towards the newest films but not as upset by them--sees them as a mostly unoffensive cash grab.

• Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Han Solo
  • Darth Vader

TIER 4) The Neckbeard

No Caption Provided

"Revenge of the Sith is literally a masterpiece."

Mocked by society, the neckbeard bathes in a delusion of superior taste. Often parrots opinions of contrarianism they have heard on Reddit, 4chan, and YouTube movie reviews. Loves the prequel trilogy. Hates the new films because they are politically correct. Secretly kind of liked The Force Awakens when they saw it in the theater, quickly learned not to have that opinion when someone convinced them otherwise.

• Darth Maul
  • Ahsoka Tano
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Anakin Skywalker

TIER 5) The Casual

No Caption Provided

"I like that black Stormtrooper."

Doesn't know what is going on, really. Hasn't seen all of the movies.

• Chewbacca, lol he makes a funny sound

I hope you will find this guide helpful!

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm literally worse than casual fans.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What about me? The guy who is just obsessed with Jawas.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_: ascended above patrician obviously

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neck beard is hilarious but what about people who liked every Star Wars movie I don't think I've ever hated one of them except maybe attack of the clones

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

... I'm the Thinker, I guess.

Tacosheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTS was my favorite , but it is far from a masterpiece.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I would be in the neckbeards, because I barely liked the original trilogy and disappointed after watching Star Wars Episode 3. I also like Anakin Skywalker; although I can barely grow facial hair. I also don't like the force awaken or the last jedi. which was primarily made for original trilogy nostalgia types in the first class, so if you don't like it. Well...that kind of sucks. George Lucas was the last line to Star Wars and you threw it all away.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Necromancer76

@valor_175 said:

Threads like these lead me to wonder where the OP fits in...

Probably has his/her own tier tbh. That tier has every right to classify everyone else and criticize people for their character preference.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kek I like how those that hate the new trilogy are by default neckbeards.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers