The guilty pleasures thread

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The premise is simple. What movies/tv shows do you like to watch that are hated by other people?

I'll go first, I like all the Disney Star Wars movies and I enjoyed Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Man of Steel is also one of my favorite CBMs. As for tv shows, I absolutely adore the CW Flash, and I didn't even care about the Flash until I started watching that show. Grant Gustin made me love the Flash.

Would @factg, @blueapril, @highmantra_x0sp, @alisupo1, @eliotte3344, @areneacaulem, @applekidthethird, @wesat like to start us off?

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Keijo is a misunderstood masterpiece.

MantraXSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grand blue Dreaming

Avatar image for deactivated-60ecdb28037bb
deactivated-60ecdb28037bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Maybe Flash from the CW and Batman v Superman

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimisalome

Mac and Me - mainly for childhood nostalgia (watched it before E.T., so there)

Godzilla (1998) - I never really find the appeal of the original (Japanese) Godzilla back then because they look so silly with their goofy monster rubber suit. Of course now I understand the badassery behind it but Godzilla (1998) was a great spectacle/disaster movie in my opinion. Also the animated series was cool.

Starship Troopers I don't really know why people hated it, I think it was a really good warmovie (for what it is).

Terminator Salvation - Pretty much how I imagine the future world of the terminator franchise.

Man of Steel - have the best fight scene in CBM in my opinion

Jurassic Park III - more fun to watch than 2 in my honest opinion.

Water World - I don't know, I just like how it looks like a Mad Max movie to me.

Hook - ... its a good adventure movie.... and I don't even like Robin Williams (i dont find him funny)

Flatliners - first taste of psychological horror.

The Chronicles of Riddick - ... the prison murder thing using a cup.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Starship Troopers - I don't really know why people hated it, I think it was a really good warmovie (for what it is).

I LOVE Starship Troopers even if the movie was created in a way to trash the books and all the sequel movies were bad.

Terminator Salvation - Pretty much how I imagine the future world of the terminator franchise.

It wasn't horrible but I think they could have done better. There were ore than a few things I didn't like the doing. For instance them adding enhanced humans and forgetting John Connors position. Well at least they didn't just straight up and kill him like they did in the Wokeinator.

Man of Steel - have the best fight scene in CBM in my opinion

I had issue with the movie but yeah the action wasn't one of them. They did that right.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrsportsguy13  Online

Here are mine

Rocky V - Not as good as the first four Rocky movies, but still highly entertaining. The street fight with Tommy Gunn is amazing. Not to mention it has some great dialogue like, "You knocked him down, why don't you try knocking me down now.", ''My rings outside'' and "Sue me for what"

Batman and Robin - Uma Thurman. That's all I have to say. Uma's performance as Ivy is so underrated imo. She carried the movie and made it fun to watch.

The Wicker Man - Nicolas Cage at his craziest and funniest. The movie never fails to make me laugh. Some great lines like "How'd it get burned!", "Step away from the bike", and "Not the bees!"

Gripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Lantern - I still say this was a great movie, far better than the reputation it gets.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Family guy.

nevesytneves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nevesytneves

Batman & Robin. It's awful, but it's endearingly/entertainingly bad rather than offensively so.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad Christmas movies, like Deck the Halls, Christmas with the Kranks, and Friday After Next. I try to watch at least 1 trash tier Christmas movie every holiday season since they're just so much fun.

BlueApril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like fairy tail is hated on this site, I also like a lot of Christmas movies and I liked the characters of the star wars sequel trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like fairy tail is hated on this site, I also like a lot of Christmas movies and I liked the characters of the star wars sequel trilogy

I completely agree.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

BNA

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad Christmas movies, like Deck the Halls, Christmas with the Kranks, and Friday After Next. I try to watch at least 1 trash tier Christmas movie every holiday season since they're just so much fun.

Have to agree. Although, I’ve always genuinely thought Christmas with the Kranks was a good Christmas film. Lol

Don‘t believe I’ve seen the others though. May have to check them out next year!

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TakenStew22  Online

I like Bayformers. I also like Godzilla on the PS4.

WhatIsWritten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer to read YA fantasy novels aimed at chicks

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:
@mrmonster said:

Have to agree. Although, I’ve always genuinely thought Christmas with the Kranks was a good Christmas film. Lol

Don‘t believe I’ve seen the others though. May have to check them out next year!

Friday After Next is on HBO Max. If you have it, I'd recommend it. It's so bad but so funny.

What are your favorite bad Christmas movies?

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmoothJammin

Watching Beyond Scared Straight cracks me up. The occasional episode of 90 day fiance. Taking my hen Rory out for a walk. Hand feeding my rabbits at the end of the day when I get home from work.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SmoothJammin

Also I just realized this has nothing to do with pets 😂🤣🤣

I love classic movies featuring Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart that most people find boring nowadays

Avatar image for deactivated-603232a014699
deactivated-603232a014699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love watching poor comedy movies.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03 said:
@mrmonster said:

Friday After Next is on HBO Max. If you have it, I'd recommend it. It's so bad but so funny.

What are your favorite bad Christmas movies?

I have couple. Some of these I love so much, I don’t even consider them “bad”, but they’re typically not praised like some of the classic Christmas films.

• Four Christmases
  • Daddy’s Home 2 (2nd one is better than the 1st)
  • SnowGlobe
  • A Knight Before Christmas (I have no idea why I liked this one)
  • Holiday Calendar
  • Noelle

Most of those know exactly what type of film they are, and they own it! There‘s probably more that I’m forgetting, but those are a few I’d recommend.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon all evolution and the Last Air Bender.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@smoothjammin said:

I love classic movies featuring Cary Grant, Humphrey Bogart that most people find boring nowadays

That's nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about. It shows that you have experienced a broader and wider range of cinema from which to form opinions. Most modern film fans don't have any interest in movies made prior to 1970, but there's 50+ more years of cinema available to appreciate and enjoy.

Anyway, for me it's always been the '98 Godzilla movie. Don't get me wrong, I love nearly all Godzilla movies, but the Toho ones don't get as much flak as the Matthew Broderick "classic". I have seen it a dozen times and enjoy it as much as any other Godzilla movie. I adore nearly all of them, but I recognize that the majority of them are ridiculous by any standard.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TakenStew22  Online

@smoothjammin said:

That's nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about. It shows that you have experienced a broader and wider range of cinema from which to form opinions. Most modern film fans don't have any interest in movies made prior to 1970, but there's 50+ more years of cinema available to appreciate and enjoy.

Anyway, for me it's always been the '98 Godzilla movie. Don't get me wrong, I love nearly all Godzilla movies, but the Toho ones don't get as much flak as the Matthew Broderick "classic". I have seen it a dozen times and enjoy it as much as any other Godzilla movie. I adore nearly all of them, but I recognize that the majority of them are ridiculous by any standard.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Godzilla '98 is a good monster flick but a terrible Godzilla film. Probably would've gotten less flak if it wasn't named Godzilla.

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading Dragon ball super

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon all evolution and the Last Air Bender.

No Caption Provided
SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gojira! What a pleasure to meet someone who can understand the allure in watching old school cinema. My introduction into the series was through the terrible Zilla flick starring the Ferris Bueller guy unfortunately, as I think it may have shaped my narrative of the films negatively going forward. I have heard interesting things about the Toho ones. The rich lore behind the different monsters and how the films are more or less a social commentary on the proliferation of nuclear weapons and how Godzilla is an analogue for Hiroshima both fascinates me and takes my breath away at the same time.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TakenStew22  Online

the films are more or less a social commentary on the proliferation of nuclear weapons and how Godzilla is an analogue for Hiroshima both fascinates me and takes my breath away at the same time.

That is very much true for the first film, though sadly those themes would be less looked upon in the later showa films when it was starting to be geared towards a younger audience. That doesn't make all of them bad though, Kong vs Godzilla is my personal favorite.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin said:

the films are more or less a social commentary on the proliferation of nuclear weapons and how Godzilla is an analogue for Hiroshima both fascinates me and takes my breath away at the same time.

That is very much true for the first film, though sadly those themes would be less looked upon in the later showa films when it was starting to be geared towards a younger audience. That doesn't make all of them bad though, Kong vs Godzilla is my personal favorite.

Solid. Will have to check that one out.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TakenStew22  Online

@smoothjammin said:
@takenstew22 said:
@smoothjammin said:

Solid. Will have to check that one out.

The Heisei and Millennium films have a less cheesier approach (atleast some of them), so there's that. Heisei in particular is my favorite era of Godzilla.

Noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I like the 2005 and 2007 Fantastic Four movies.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin said:

As a Kaiju franchise directed for kids (after the first serious movie), I find Godzilla less accessible back then.

Here in Asia, we already have a healthy dose of monster/giant related Japanese fictions that takes the attention away from Godzilla and Gamera.

Like the long running Ultra Series, and the many many Sentai series that involves Giant Robots fighting Giant monsters.

This was way before Power Ranger became popular in the US.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TakenStew22  Online

@takenstew22 said:
@smoothjammin said:

As a Kaiju franchise directed for kids (after the first serious movie), I find Godzilla less accessible back then.

Here in Asia, we already have a healthy dose of monster/giant related Japanese fictions that takes the attention away from Godzilla and Gamera.

Like the long running Ultra Series, and the many many Sentai series that involves Giant Robots fighting Giant monsters.

This was way before Power Ranger became popular in the US.

I also have an interest to the Ultra Series. Not alot of people seem to talk about it.