Avatar image for deranged_midget
#251 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: @Farinele_Etyl: It's extremely disappointing. The game was hyped up for what, two years? Delayed multiple times and the game still seemed un-polished and buggy when released. It seemed that the beta was a waste of time because the same bugs transferred into the full game. My biggest disappointment had to be with the lack of core and travel powers. Three types? Really? Champions Online had at least a dozen and it really irritated me that they boasted the free-to-play subscription for the game and it ended up being priced anyway.

My thoughts basically transfer over for Star Wars: The Old Republic as well, which I believe shouldn't even have been an MMO and merely a single-player game in the manner than KOTOR 1 & 2 were.

#252 Posted by Farinele_Etyl (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: The pay to play thing is what really turned me off about DCUO. You can't do all the stuff they said you could without paying.

As for SWTOR, I actually really like it. If I could afford it (I'm not currently paying my WoW subscription. People keep buying it for me despite me yelling at them not to do it.) I'd definitely play it more. I like the aspects of the game. I also really love how they do the instances. It's a lot different from WoW's instances and i think a lot better.

#253 Edited by 0n1zuka (3712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

My thoughts basically transfer over for Star Wars: The Old Republic as well, which I believe shouldn't even have been an MMO and merely a single-player game in the manner than KOTOR 1 & 2 were.

I was really disappointed when they decided not to make another KOTOR and instead went with ToR. I've changed my stance on the MMO a bit due to some of the things I've heard, but I really wish they would consider bringing the series back.

#254 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Farinele_Etyl: I don't know, maybe I didn't give the TOR that much of a chance, but I guess when it becomes free-to-play I will.

@0n1zuka: Yeah, it pissed me off because they're in a huge predicament where they are rapidly losing money and subscribers. If they made the game similar to KOTOR and released it on every platform, they wouldn't have had that problem.

#255 Posted by 0n1zuka (3712 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I agree, and I think it would be great if they brought KOTOR back. I could see them starting the game by possibly detailing what happened to Revan and The Exile, and then staring over with a new character in a new situation. It's not like they don't have plenty of material to use in an Old Republic setting.

#256 Posted by Farinele_Etyl (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Free to play o.o I know that you can play up to 15 for free but....

#257 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Farinele_Etyl: You haven't heard? They've announced that the game will be free to play up to level 40 if I remember correctly.

#258 Posted by Farinele_Etyl (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Farinele_Etyl: You haven't heard? They've announced that the game will be free to play up to level 40 if I remember correctly.

No I haven't heard that o.o YAY!

#259 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Farinele_Etyl: Yeah, good news for gamers, bad for BioWare and EA.

Glowing reviews released all around for both Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2. Who knew August would be a fantastic month?

#260 Posted by Inverno (13756 posts) - - Show Bio

Vergil on the new DMC

Loading Video...
#261 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for you

Loading Video...
#262 Posted by Farinele_Etyl (110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I really enjoy SWToR. Just couldn't afford to play it and WoW. So yeah its epic news for me as well as loads of my friends. I'm tickled Pink. My Twi'lek can be epic... kinda xD

#263 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Farinele_Etyl: I enjoyed TOR quite a bit as well but there was nothing there to keep me playing consistently.

Avatar image for death_certificate
#264 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...
#265 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: The game didn't interest me much when I first heard about it and the name is just absolutely horrendous but the gameplay is looking better every-time I see it.

Avatar image for death_certificate
#266 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: True fact Revengence is real word, that hasn't been used since the 1920's...

Of course like most people, it was iffy to change from stealth to pure action, but choosing Platinum games to make the direction was a good choice. 2013 is year of amazing games

#267 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: I don't really mind the far better pacing in combat, to be truthful, I couldn't stand the absurdly slow gameplay of MGS4. (Not that it was a bad game perse).

#268 Edited by Chronus (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: I'm still curious as to see how this game's plot will play out after the events of the MGS4. That is currently my only major concern about the game.

#270 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone picking up Halo 4 or BO 2?

#271 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I saw that trailer already. I was somewhat impressed.

#272 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

I'm ashamed to ask, But Is BO Borderlands 2?

#273 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@SpideyPresence said:

Black Ops 2 mate.

And yes, I'll be picking up Halo 4, not sure about Call of Duty though.

#274 Edited by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@utotheg38 said:

@SpideyPresence said:

Black Ops 2 mate.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Ok.

Yeah, Definitely Not.

XD

#275 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Surprising... I expected more :P

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
#276 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (11278 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played any console games since like 2008. Anyone got some titles for me to check out? Preferably PS3 titles.

#277 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@CozyDaPrynce said:

I haven't played any console games since like 2008. Anyone got some titles for me to check out? Preferably PS3 titles.

Warhawk

Uncharted 2 and 3

Resistance 3

Borderlands 1 and 2 (Coming September)

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
#278 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (11278 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Warhawk

Uncharted 2 and 3

Resistance 3

Borderlands 1 and 2 (Coming September)

Nice. Appreciate it.

#279 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Black Ops 2 mate.

I'm with you on Call of Duty. It's not as highly anticipated as the last game was.

@Deranged Midget said:

@Static Shock: Surprising... I expected more :P

Same here. Which is why I was only somewhat impressed. It seems like Crytek will reveal more multiplayer footage later, though.

#280 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Am I the only one who was let down by DCUO?

Nope. It was wack. What made it so bad was that the game was supposed to be free to play when it was announced and they changed it. The company itself overhyped its success, despite the fact that the game featured simplistic gameplay in comparison to other MMOs (Jim Lee said that it was supposed to be for casual gamers) and loads of other things. When the game wasn't as successful as SOE planned, a lot of the game's key people left the company in shame.

Champions Online was better than that piece of sh!t.

#281 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Black Ops 2 mate.

I'm with you on Call of Duty. It's not as highly anticipated as the last game was.

Agreed. The multiplayer reveal trailer really let me down. Halo 4 also seems to be a let down.

#282 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: you seen the actually in game stuff ?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

They have for sure worked on the visuals and sound , the rest will be quite same-y but its looks like an improvement which is never a bad thing.

#283 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: Yep i thought they were going to venture out on this COD. But i think that every COD and it doesn't happen. Same game mechanics, different maps.

People are going to be complaining about overpowered things the first month. I'm excited for the zombies campaign though.

#284 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: every game has balancing issues , Bf3 had the broken ass flashlight which blinds you in the middle of the day, outside in the sun and explosive shotgun rounds that could clear a whole room with no skill at all. Its kind of bound to happen , just hope they have made it viable to play as a knifer again mw3 nerfed the ability to play as an out and out bladesman so bad.

#285 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: That's true and i'm not worried about balancing issues i personally think treyarch could do a fairly good job at that. I was hoping for some unique features. For example instead of just dolphin diving you get a choice of what you want to do(Dolphin dive, Roll, Dropshot). Things that would spice gameplay up a little bit more. It's basically been the same since COD 4. It will still be enjoyable but to me it'll get boring fairly easily since it's basically a different version of the same game.

I agree with you the mw3 nerfed the knives pretty badly. Although i hated the panic knifing in BO sometimes xD

#286 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: i don't have a problem with "panic knifing" its just the same as pulling the trigger you time it wrong and leave yourself open. You press the button when you mean to press it so the term panic knifing in my eyes is just people moaning that they wasn't fast enough or wasn't aware that they where in knife range both of which are their fault. But yeah they have scaled knifing back so much recently that to play a decent knife game i have to play previous gens since mw3 knife only is just not as good.

As for the dive option yeah a roll would be nice. i have always wanted a slide in room option rather than running in just run and slide across floor guns facing out but thats never gonna happen.

#287 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdwardWindsor: I agree with you about panic knifing but it still makes me rage lol. I'm sad that their not adding the old RC - XD into the game.

#288 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14582 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: way i see it if you get knifed by a person you can see you did something wrong , unless its lag which can and does happen quite abit lol. after seeing the hunter killer drone i may skip the rcxd in black ops 2 since it looks like a 3 kill streak also.

#289 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Am I the only one who was let down by DCUO?

Nope. It was wack. What made it so bad was that the game was supposed to be free to play when it was announced and they changed it. The company itself overhyped its success, despite the fact that the game featured simplistic gameplay in comparison to other MMOs (Jim Lee said that it was supposed to be for casual gamers) and loads of other things. When the game wasn't as successful as SOE planned, a lot of the game's key people left the company in shame.

Champions Online was better than that piece of sh!t.

Sadly, I have to agree. Champions Online was an abomination. The unbearable frame rate, gameplay that never clicked, and ugly visuals even for an MMO.

The best thing it had going for it was it's massive customization options.

I'm remaining on the fence. Call of Duty is a good game, it always has been, but the sequels have always been quite lacking. Treyarch seems to be trying to change that this time around with multiplayer but I don't feel like putting my hopes up.

#290 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence: Halo 4 looks far more ambitious a project than either Halo ODST or Reach. Bungie really began to drop the ball after Halo 3 and I'm glad that 343 took the reins. They really seem to know what they're doing and both the campaign and multiplayer look fresh and fantastic.

#291 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

Sadly, I have to agree. Champions Online was an abomination. The unbearable frame rate, gameplay that never clicked, and ugly visuals even for an MMO.

The best thing it had going for it was it's massive customization options.

Dude, Champions Online was awesome.

#292 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

Halo 4 also seems to be a let down.

I gotta disagree with you there.

#293 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Oops, meant to say DC Universe Online >.<

Champions was pretty good yeah. I liked the massive list of travel powers that you could select from and unlike DCUO, you weren't restricted to bland power types. The world was also much more alive and with players and in sheer size. When I think about it, CO had even greater customization options than DCUO.

#294 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Static Shock: Oops, meant to say DC Universe Online >.<

Champions was pretty good yeah. I liked the massive list of travel powers that you could select from and unlike DCUO, you weren't restricted to bland power types. The world was also much more alive and with players and in sheer size. When I think about it, CO had even greater customization options than DCUO.

Exactly. I'd jump back on it if I wanted, but I refused to play it free (with the lack of options) and I don't want to pay for it (not at the moment, at least).

#295 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: I know the feeling, especially with all the great games soon to be released this upcoming season. I'm really disappointed that the 360 port of Champions Online was cancelled. It had potential.

#296 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@SpideyPresence: Halo 4 looks far more ambitious a project than either Halo ODST or Reach. Bungie really began to drop the ball after Halo 3 and I'm glad that 343 took the reins. They really seem to know what they're doing and both the campaign and multiplayer look fresh and fantastic.

I don't know i just don't want another company taking over Halo i felt Bungie had it almost perfect from 1 - 3 and i don't think Reach was that bad.

343 has said they want to explore the characters more and that frightens me. In the trailers i've seen they seem to have made MC a little to talkative in this game. He is supposed to be a man of action and few words. I also don't like the whole idea of Cortanna pms'ing throughout the whole game. Nor do i like the idea of Master Chief taking off his helmet. That should have been done in Halo 3 if anything, not in the beggining of a new trilogy. But that's just my personal opinion.

It's still my most anticipated.

#297 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Static Shock: I know the feeling, especially with all the great games soon to be released this upcoming season. I'm really disappointed that the 360 port of Champions Online was cancelled. It had potential.

Hell yeah. I was looking forward to that game on console, since PC games take a lot for my computer to run.

#298 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyPresence said:

I don't know i just don't want another company taking over Halo i felt Bungie had it almost perfect from 1 - 3 and i don't think Reach was that bad.

343 has said they want to explore the characters more and that frightens me. In the trailers i've seen they seem to have made MC a little to talkative in this game. He is supposed to be a man of action and few words. I also don't like the whole idea of Cortanna pms'ing throughout the whole game. Nor do i like the idea of Master Chief taking off his helmet. That should have been done in Halo 3 if anything, not in the beggining of a new trilogy. But that's just my personal opinion.

Mate, 343 Industries is populated by the original creators of the first Halo. It can't be in better hands. Like I said before, the Halo Trilogy was fantastic, beyond fantastic actually, the pinacle of FPS games on consoles. ODST and Reach just lost the steam the series had once possessed.

Who said Chief would be taking off his helmet? And if he did, it's about characterization. John in the EU of Halo is an interesting character. In the games, he's bland and boring but badass. Add a personality and he'd be a worthwhile character to represent.

#299 Posted by Deranged Midget (18346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: Yeah, I'm not too huge on PC gaming either. I usually just stick to TF2 and that's about it. All my main gaming is situated around 360.

#300 Posted by SpideyPresence (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@SpideyPresence said:

Mate, 343 Industries is populated by the original creators of the first Halo. It can't be in better hands. Like I said before, the Halo Trilogy was fantastic, beyond fantastic actually, the pinacle of FPS games on consoles. ODST and Reach just lost the steam the series had once possessed.

Who said Chief would be taking off his helmet? And if he did, it's about characterization. John in the EU of Halo is an interesting character. In the games, he's bland and boring but badass. Add a personality and he'd be a worthwhile character to represent.

I guess your right. I think i'm just being a little to protective of my favorite game =/.