#10001 Posted by JohnCena69swag (3736 posts) - - Show Bio
#10002 Edited by Dernman (25845 posts) - - Show Bio

@kinglouie said:

@thor_parker82: They called they’re audience uneducated on WW2

There was more too it than that but ya. Fans of battlefront liked it for it's authenticity and complained for inserting things in that broke the illusion. Dice's response was to double down and being dicks. Accused them of being uneducated because a few exceptions not the rule.. He also baselessly accused them of worse things.

Not to mention Dice is part of EA so that doesn't help my opinion of them.

#10003 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticspeedster: What's wrong with the multiplayer games ?

Also, basically all of those I mentioned (except for GOW and RDR2 as far as I know) have multiplayer modes.

#10004 Posted by Dernman (25845 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, basically all of those I mentioned (except for GOW and RDR2 as far as I know) have multiplayer modes.

RDR2 has multiplayer mods.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#10005 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:
@thor_parker82 said:

RDR2 has multiplayer mods.

They're all frustrating af lol

#10006 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticspeedster: Well, which one out of all those games would you recommend me to buy ?

Personally, I'm really torn between God of War, The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption 2.

#10007 Posted by arctika (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

Hyped for Smash

#10008 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticspeedster: Well, which one out of all those games would you recommend me to buy ?

Personally, I'm really torn between God of War, The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I'd go for God of War. Gameplay looks sweet.

#10009 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:

Do I need to play the previous God of War game to understand the story of the new game ?

#10010 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio
#10011 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: No but, you’ll enjoy it more if you do.

Nice.

Is the previous God Of War game worth buying ?

#10012 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

3? Yes of course easily the second best entry imo.

#10013 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticspeedster said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Do I need to play the previous God of War game to understand the story of the new game ?

Nope but you'll get to understand Kratos' character growth if you do I guess. If you don't, it's completely fine.

#10014 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

3? Yes of course easily the second best entry imo.

I think it's the third, which brings me to another question.....do I need to play the first God of War and God of War 2 to understand the third installment ? Lol

@thor_parker82 said:
@staticspeedster said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Nope but you'll get to understand Kratos' character growth if you do I guess. If you don't, it's completely fine.

Nice, thanks.

I think I'll buy the previous GOW game and then I'll buy the newest.

#10015 Edited by Mike_Fowler (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: 3 literally starts from where 2 ends, so I’d say yes,

Although 1, all you need to know is that Kratos ends up becoming the new god of war

#10016 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Just completed Shadow of The Tomb Raider do not recommend. Boring all around.

#10017 Edited by Dernman (25845 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami. It was a fun game.

I hear it's a remake of Yakuza 1 and part of the series that goes up too six.

I want to buy more of the story but what's the point and differences of the Kiwami 1 and 2 remakes? Is it the same thing if I get the original series or will I be missing out on something? Should I switch from Kiwami to the original after 2 or should I wait for more Kiwami remakes?

#10018 Edited by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all thought I was lying Old RARE FOOTAGE

Loading Video...

#10019 Posted by JediXMan (42190 posts) - - Show Bio

Super bummed. One of my favorite YT gaming channels is closing down.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#10020 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Yeah, I heard about that as well.

It really sucks considering they were basically the only Let's Play channel that I actually enjoyed watching. At least they have solo channels with great content, at least.

#10021 Posted by JediXMan (42190 posts) - - Show Bio

It really sucks considering they were basically the only Let's Play channel that I actually enjoyed watching. At least they have solo channels with great content, at least.

Yeah. I had a feeling this was coming; Matt in particular has been putting out his own content regularly. It also appears that my two favorites on the channel - Woolie and Pat - will be continuing to do stuff together. They're doing their own podcast called Castle Superbeasts, which I will definitely take a look at. I hope Woolie and Pat will do more together.

Interestingly, Matt and Pat weren't originally friends to begin with. They hated each other in college and were mutual friends of Woolie. It's interesting that Matt and Pat's friendship collapsed while Woolie is still friends with them.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#10022 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@diarrhearegatta said:

Yeah. I had a feeling this was coming; Matt in particular has been putting out his own content regularly. It also appears that my two favorites on the channel - Woolie and Pat - will be continuing to do stuff together. They're doing their own podcast called Castle Superbeasts, which I will definitely take a look at. I hope Woolie and Pat will do more together.

Interestingly, Matt and Pat weren't originally friends to begin with. They hated each other in college and were mutual friends of Woolie. It's interesting that Matt and Pat's friendship collapsed while Woolie is still friends with them.

It's ironic that Pat and Woolie are still on good terms considering they were the pair that actually didn't get along in terms of chemistry on camera and had the most arguments. Still, they turned out to be the best pairing (at least in terms of quality) so it's good to see them still work together.

I'm hoping that the breakup was just based on burnout (doing the same format for nearly a decade can do that) and a desire to work on passion projects, not anything personal or a big bustup a la what seemed to happen with the whole JonTron situation with Game Grumps. It would be a shame if there was any unneeded tension between them afterwards.

#10023 Posted by Static Shock (52990 posts) - - Show Bio

Been playing Monster Hunter World and Yakuza Kiwami 2.

#10024 Posted by Static Shock (52990 posts) - - Show Bio

I finished the new Spiderman game yesterday. Definitely the best Spider-Man game to date and one of the GOAT superhero games.

This.

#10025 Posted by removekebab (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Loading Video...

I'm gonna be honest here, this is for the best. You could tell from the podcast Matt was completely uninterested and Woolie and the only thing holding them together. Pat and Woolie and gonna keep doing the podcast so it's not like it's all over, and they'll probaly start a new LP channel once the dust settles.

#10026 Posted by KingLouie (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Just received RDR2. Let's see if it's better than GOW. I doubt it, but I hope Love it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
#10027 Posted by deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Still playing GTA V very regularly. Game has legs.

#10028 Posted by Emperorb777 (10898 posts) - - Show Bio

Been awhile since I've been in this thread.

Even though Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out soon, I'm more excited for the Resident Evil 2 Remake.

#10029 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8671 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally finished RDR2 in full today. That game is a classic. Great writing and great story. Arthur Morgan is one of the best protagonists in recent memory and the characters are great. 9-10/10. They set the bar high with this mammoth of a game. I must've put 60 something hours at the very least into this.

I'm not sure if DLC will be released, but I hope we get Sadie Adler dlc, the Blackwater incident dlc or maybe even a Landon Ricketts dlc. Hopefully, it's not another Undead Nightmare because I thought that was pretty much garbage in the first game.

As for Rockstar's next project, I hope we get a sequel to Bully. GTA can wait.

#10030 Posted by JediXMan (42190 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

I'm gonna be honest here, this is for the best. You could tell from the podcast Matt was completely uninterested and Woolie and the only thing holding them together. Pat and Woolie and gonna keep doing the podcast so it's not like it's all over, and they'll probaly start a new LP channel once the dust settles.

You're not wrong. Matt did feel uninterested and I could sense the passion he put into his own channel that just wasn't there on the main channel.

I hope Pat and Woolie continue to do more work together, and not just streams. Streams are fine but I much prefer LPs.

#10031 Posted by MonsterStomp (36676 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm quickly realizing why I traded Mortal Kombat X in. I'm just no good at combos.

#10033 Posted by FlashTheJedi (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiya guys and gals I know this may be a long shot but I play Warframe on the Xbox One and I'm wondering if anyone wants to play with me, my Gamertag Is Shazam The Jedi, I am usually on most days I am MR12 and need some guys to play with, I'm british so it would be easier to add me if you are british too. Message me on Xbox first saying that you found me from here and I'll add you.

#10034 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

So, regarding the newest God of War, it's freaking awesome, I haven't finished it, not even close, but what I've played has been great and the story has just picked up with the introduction of Magni and Modi, and well, what happens right after their introduction which is spoiler territory.

This is the first and only God of War game I have played, hence the next explanation and following question/s.

Right now, I'm at the part where Atreus gets sick and Kratos takes her to Freya to heal him, but she tells him to go to Helheim and drop his axe because it won't work there, to which Kratos replies that he'll have to unbury a past he swore he'd never come back to, then he goes away on a boat to his home and encounters (her ghost?) Athena, she tells him that he'll always be a monster, Kratos grabs two knifes/daggers and replies "Yes, but not your monster anymore", then goes outside to fight some monsters and damn, those daggers are more badass than I would have ever imagined.

Anyway, with Kratos saying he'll have to unbury his past and his talk with Athena where there is clearly history, I think it's the perfect time to pause the game a little and catch up on Kratos' past story and character development.

So, does anyone know of any good Youtube video that shows and gives an explanation of Kratos' history ? Preferably without it being extremely long or very short to the point where you're still missing a lot of info.

I am literally a noob regarding Kratos, all I know is that he goes on a god killing spree and somehow kills Zeus or something like that, but that's just it, so any video that updates me on everything important about Kratos would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#10035 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio
#10036 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: There’s a pretty good one by The Leaderboard

https://youtu.be/JilCqDzyy8s

#10037 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: There’s a pretty good one by The Leaderboard

https://youtu.be/JilCqDzyy8s

Thanks.

Does it contain spoilers for the newest game ?

#10038 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: It does, but nothing at the beginning. It’ll go through his whole history in order.

#10039 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: I saw yesterday a couple of videos, then some more today including the one you linked, it's a lot to process lol, there are prequels and the mains tory, and I think I have the basics now, but juggling all that information, I think I missed the most important part lol, which is: Why did Kratos hate Zeus ?

I mean, I get why he hated Ares, but the other gods, not so much.

#10040 Edited by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: There was a prophecy that said one of Zeus’ sons would kill him, and when Kratos became the God of War, Zeus tried to take his power for himself and kill Kratos. Any other god that stood in between him and Zeus would be killed.

#10041 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: I see, thanks.

I take it you've already played and finished the newest God of War ?

#10042 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Yessir. Great game, and it actually made me like Kratos a little bit. Before he’s just a rage filled meathead. Quite a bit of character development in 4.

#10043 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven said:

@thor_parker82: Yessir. Great game, and it actually made me like Kratos a little bit. Before he’s just a rage filled meathead. Quite a bit of character development in 4.

Yeah, from the videos I saw, Kratos just seemed like an angry Spartan trying to get revenge and constantly screaming, not to mention he didn't seem to care about innocents nor had any decent morals, quite the contrary to the Kratos in the newest game who seems morally driven, focused and all around a great character.

I don't know if they also changed the voice actor for Kratos, but the newest one is miles better.

#10044 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Yes, Christopher Judge replaced T.C. Carson, and he did a great job. I think he was up for best voice actor for The Game Awards

#10045 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Yes, Christopher Judge replaced T.C. Carson, and he did a great job. I think he was up for best voice actor for The Game Awards

Deserved it.

#10046 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: I think so too, but the winner eas the voice actor of the main character from RDR2. He was pretty great, so it was tough.

#10047 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: I think so too, but the winner eas the voice actor of the main character from RDR2. He was pretty great, so it was tough.

I'll probably buy RDR2 or Resident Evil 2 after I finish God of War.

I'm torn between those two.

#10048 Posted by Stormdriven (17612 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: The RE2 remake is pretty good. RDR2 was GotY in many people’s eyes, and while I haven’t played it, I’ve heard literally nothing but good things about it.

#10049 Posted by MonsterStomp (36676 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad Assassin's Creed 3 is getting a remaster. It was probably my second or third favourite game in the franchise. I just loved the hunting mechanics, and the character's signature choice of weaponry. Definitely felt like I was a native warrior fighting for a righteous cause.

#10050 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15804 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: The RE2 remake is pretty good. RDR2 was GotY in many people’s eyes, and while I haven’t played it, I’ve heard literally nothing but good things about it.

God of War won game of the year, suck it RDR2 :P