#9851 Posted by lubub55 (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Steam is stuck in an endless "Updating Steam... Extracting Package..." loop for some reason. I really want to play some games.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#9852 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...not a lot of traffic from E3.

- I thought A Way Out is a promising title.

- Code Vein looks interesting even though it was initially announced a few months back

- A DOOM VR game. Not a story DLC for the more recent one or something.

- I MUST WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR SPIDER-MAN PS4

That is all for now.

In other news, I think Red Hood in Injustice 2 comes out tomorrow....

#9853 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

Paid mods... Bethesda can go to hell.

#9854 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#9855 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson said:

@ultimate_knight: Are you at E3?!

Nope. I just watch some stuff online like the majority (though not live).

What I meant with not a lot of traffic was this thread in particular. Currently not much discussion regarding the new games announced.

#9856 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight: I thought it didn't start until tomorrow? Goddamn these timezones.

I'm praying like crazy for them to finally announce DMC 5 and can't wait to see some more of Days Gone.

#9857 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight: I thought it didn't start until tomorrow? Goddamn these timezones.

I'm praying like crazy for them to finally announce DMC 5 and can't wait to see some more of Days Gone.

A Devil May Cry 5? Which reminds me; how much did you like the remake by Ninja Theory?

Days Gone? I am honestly not that interested in the title from what I have seen so far, but I may be swayed if they show more.

#9858 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight:

A Devil May Cry 5? Which reminds me; how much did you like the remake by Ninja Theory?

I've got a feeling that this is finally the year! Only fly in my ointment is the fact that Kamiya no longer works at Capcom lol. Still, there were rumours of a photo of Johnny Yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon in motion caption doing the rounds a few years ago, so a man can dream.

I hated the remake at first. Truly, deeply hated it. That said, it wasn't actually a bad game. I was just so pissed at the idea of a reboot of a franchise I was so invested in. Looking at it objectively now, I can enjoy it a little more. How about you?

Days Gone? I am honestly not that interested in the title from what I have seen so far, but I may be swayed if they show more.

The words 'free-roam' and 'zombie game' in the same sentence just get me going.

What are you most looking forward to seeing? I really hope they show Bloodborne II. I'm so close to getting Platinum on the 1st one.

#9859 Posted by zaied (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

Shenmue HD Collection. C'mon Sony.

#9860 Posted by gunmetalgrey (4708 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't expecting a new Metro game. I thought Last Light wrapped things up nicely.

I'm not complaining though. The world building looks to be topnotch, as usual.

#9861 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson said:

@ultimate_knight:

I've got a feeling that this is finally the year! Only fly in my ointment is the fact that Kamiya no longer works at Capcom lol. Still, there were rumours of a photo of Johnny Yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon in motion caption doing the rounds a few years ago, so a man can dream.

I hated the remake at first. Truly, deeply hated it. That said, it wasn't actually a bad game. I was just so pissed at the idea of a reboot of a franchise I was so invested in. Looking at it objectively now, I can enjoy it a little more. How about you?

Too be honest, I have never played a single Devil May Cry game. I just asked for your opinion because Ninja Theory has been making a new game since, and Valiant (A comic book publisher I like) contributed something to the game by publishing the game's tie-in comic for them.

If you are interested, this is the game and this is the comic.

@kingcrimson said:

@ultimate_knight:

The words 'free-roam' and 'zombie game' in the same sentence just get me going.

What are you most looking forward to seeing? I really hope they show Bloodborne II. I'm so close to getting Platinum on the 1st one.

Spider-Man PS4 for sure as of now and since his announcement in last year's E3.

Looking at the trailer objectively, it does not seem very different to the Movie tie-in Spider-Man games by Beenox.

But knowing Insomniac Games track record and interviews, there is a pretty good chance that it will finally be the Arkham City to Spider-Man.

Oh and Bloodborne? I have not played it. Sorry.

#9862 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

In other thoughts: I thought Last Night's visuals look pretty unique for a pixel game.

#9863 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight:

Too be honest, I have never played a single Devil May Cry game. I just asked for your opinion because Ninja Theory has been making a new game since, and Valiant (A comic book publisher I like) contributed something to the game by publishing the game's tie-in comic for them.

Damn. I can't watch it properly as I'm in work, but damn. That looks downright gorgeous. Has it got a release date?

Looking at the trailer objectively, it does not seem very different to the Movie tie-in Spider-Man games by Beenox.

But knowing Insomniac Games track record and interviews, there is a pretty good chance that it will finally be the Arkham City to Spider-Man.

I only watched the trailer from last year in the last few days and I am so hyped. Makes me glad I didn't watch it sooner lol.

I have a bad feeling it won't play as well as it looks in that trailer though, I just can't see how it would work so smoothly. The combat at least.

#9864 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I'm praying for a DMC5 too. It's either that or Dragon's Dogma 2, I'm happy with either of them.

#9865 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#9866 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight:

Damn. I can't watch it properly as I'm in work, but damn. That looks downright gorgeous. Has it got a release date?

Yes. I think around August 9 this year. I am sure about the month, but not the day though.

@ultimate_knight:

I only watched the trailer from last year in the last few days and I am so hyped. Makes me glad I didn't watch it sooner lol.

I have a bad feeling it won't play as well as it looks in that trailer though, I just can't see how it would work so smoothly. The combat at least.

I have a bad feeling too in some way, but I am putting my hopes up with the developer and publishers and how passionate and talented they seem to be from interviews and from articles I have read.

#9867 Edited by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson said:

@removekebab: I've never played DD - what's it like?

It's by the same director of Devil May Cry 2 to 4. It's very action focused with a lot of classes for you to play with, combat is very fun. You get to carry 3 pawns around with you, one of them is exclusive to you. Great character creator, first one I ever seen that allows you to make a loli. First half of the game is open world wich is kinda boring but then it becomes as pretty awesome dungeon crawler. Overral it's one of my favorite games of all time, but beware it's riddled with flaws that may put you off for the first 2 hours or so.

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#9868 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone interested in joining me in Aliens Vs Predator 2010 for some multiplayer matches? I have 4 people playing it but I want a large group.

No Caption Provided

Here is some gameplay.

Loading Video...

We use a simple program to create virtual LAN connections, so you only need the game installed and then setup the program, takes less than 5 minutes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
#9869 Posted by deactivated-5caa8c47e8598 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is my Spider-Man PS4 news?!

#9870 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
#9871 Posted by deactivated-5caa8c47e8598 (1686 posts) - - Show Bio
#9872 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@removekebab:

So I haven't been properly keeping up with E3 - is that DMC 5 off the cards now? Or is there still a chance they'll show it?

#9873 Posted by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@removekebab:

So I haven't been properly keeping up with E3 - is that DMC 5 off the cards now? Or is there still a chance they'll show it?

The dream is over. I alredy bought the rope.

#9874 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@removekebab said:
@kingcrimson said:

@removekebab:

The dream is over. I alredy bought the rope.

All your hopes and dreams (and life) cannot be seriously be taken away by just a game not being announced yet right?

#9875 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#9876 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight: my man, I've been waiting almost 10 years for this game. I grew up on DMC. It's my favourite game series of all time and I deeply believed in my heart that this was year.

#9877 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson said:

@ultimate_knight: my man, I've been waiting almost 10 years for this game. I grew up on DMC. It's my favourite game series of all time and I deeply believed in my heart that this was year.

Just hold on. Maybe it will not be announced this E3, but maybe at some point this year. It does not have to be an E3 to announce a game right?

Not being announced in E3 will probably also help make it standout easier with all the flood of titles being showcased and all.

#9878 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight: I'm holding out for the Tokyo Game Show now I suppose. If it doesn't get announced then I'm gonna burn down a school or something.

Thanks for the reassurance - you may have unknowingly saved some lives.

#9879 Posted by zaied (7221 posts) - - Show Bio
#9880 Posted by KingCrimson (5545 posts) - - Show Bio
#9881 Edited by zaied (7221 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingcrimson: Early December (right after The Game Awards, IIRC). If it's not at TGS or Gamescom, it could maybe be announced at one of those late in the year.

#9882 Posted by TifaLockhart (21107 posts) - - Show Bio

I might never see the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, even if I do end up earning the platinum (I have to mop up Critical Mode and the Gummi Ship missions for the platinum).

#9883 Posted by Vertigo- (17722 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one not overly impressed with E3? There's very few releases I'm excited about

Side notes- anyone play Halo Wars on Steam? Also, how's Halo Wars 2 play? i've been debating picking it up

#9884 Posted by jinn (339 posts) - - Show Bio

E3 was garbage this year.

I only want to play Battlefront 2 and Days Gone and I lost interest in two:

• The new Spider-Man looks like it's going to involve too many QTE's
  • Become Human looks disappointing, my original vibe was you playing as a cop android and now instead you're a terrorist.

#9885 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinn said:

• Become Human looks disappointing, my original vibe was you playing as a cop android and now instead you're a terrorist.

- The Quick Time Events were said to be used only sparingly in the entire game.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/spider-man/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/13/insomniac-answers-our-10-biggest-spider-man-questions.aspx

- From what I know, in Detroit Become Human, you play as multiple characters like Heavy Rain. That anarchist is just one of them.

#9886 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one not overly impressed with E3? There's very few releases I'm excited about

I was not entirely impressed with the event from what I have seen either, but I will not discount the titles being announced and how think about how "pathetic" the gaming industry just because of an underwhelming conference this year.

So for the sake of trying not to repeat the same underwhelming feeling, what do you think was wrong and how do you think we can fix it?

#9887 Edited by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

The e3 where everybody lost. RIP video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#9888 Edited by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

The E3 games that got me interested:

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Kirby
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Evil Within 2
  • The Last Night
  • Anthem (but I'm on the fence)

Wasn't really impressed overall. *shrug*

#9889 Posted by Vertigo- (17722 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackestnight93 said:

I was not entirely impressed with the event from what I have seen either, but I will not discount the titles being announced and how think about how "pathetic" the gaming industry just because of an underwhelming conference this year.

So for the sake of trying not to repeat the same underwhelming feeling, what do you think was wrong and how do you think we can fix it?

The whole event is just one giant "meh" to me. Either we get pandering, such as with Skyrim for the Switch, or we get new IP's that just seem unoriginal. Look at Anthem for example, in theory it sounds great, but it sounds a lot like Destiny to me. Or we just get straight up letdowns, like with AC Origins. I generally saw nothing to get excited about and it just reinforced that it was a good idea for me to sell my console last year

In regards to what to do to change it, there needs to be a whole shift back to the earlier days of gaming, when all the games had to be amazing in order to get any sort of recognition from the community. There's a reason why companies are remastering games like Shadow of the Collossus today. It's because those games pushed the envelope in terms of what made games great. We need more of that and instead most people are settling for run of the mill. Gaming for the most part, has declined in quality (game wise) since the late days of the PS3 & Xbox 360, you could even say that it's high point was in the days of the PS2, when we had games like Jak & Daxter, Metal Gear Solid 3 & Silent Hill 2. All of these games were amazing and almost everyone who games has heard of these titles

In short, most companies, and gamers need to start giving more of a shit about where their money goes.

#9890 Posted by jinn (339 posts) - - Show Bio
@jinn said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/spider-man/b/playstation4/archive/2017/06/13/insomniac-answers-our-10-biggest-spider-man-questions.aspx

- From what I know, in Detroit Become Human, you play as multiple characters like Heavy Rain. That anarchist is just one of them.

I'm not going to judge it based on a couple words said in an interview when they chose a mainly QTE oriented section to showcase their game in the biggest gaming event of the year. If it ends up being sparse, awesome.

I would have prefered to stay with solely the cop angle and because it didn't it made me lose interest, someone else may feel different, that's fine.

#9891 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93:

The whole event is just one giant "meh" to me. Either we get pandering, such as with Skyrim for the Switch, or we get new IP's that just seem unoriginal. Look at Anthem for example, in theory it sounds great, but it sounds a lot like Destiny to me. Or we just get straight up letdowns, like with AC Origins. I generally saw nothing to get excited about and it just reinforced that it was a good idea for me to sell my console last year

There. Better than just voicing disappointment.

Skyrim being ported to Switch seems like a welcoming move for me. I do not see the harm in that and more people get to play a fan favorite game. Other than marketing and putting more resources into it and not giving the same treatment to new games that is if that makes sense.

I would not judge a game negatively just because it is not out yet. To be fair though, from what I know, the studio should have done another way of showcasing the game and highlighting what is very unique about the game and not what is familiar.

From what I know, there are people who are not letdown by Assassin's Creed Origin's and are intrigued with some of the different gameplay mechanics. But then again, from what I know, Ubisoft's recent actions on big games like these make trusting their marketing kind of not a good move.

Personally, I am not too intrigued with Assassin's Creed Origins either, but there are other games that do catch my interest despite the underwhelming E3 this year so far.

Though to try and be fair to Ubisoft, Child of Light is a pretty good somewhat recent game from them from what I heard.

Games that have caught my interest to mind are A Way Out, Ori and The Will of the Wisps (even if it is exclusive to Xbox and Windows 10), The Last Night, and that is all in my mind.

Not a lot, but I would rather cherish the "small victories" than mourn the "big loss."

In regards to what to do to change it, there needs to be a whole shift back to the earlier days of gaming, when all the games had to be amazing in order to get any sort of recognition from the community. There's a reason why companies are remastering games like Shadow of the Collossus today. It's because those games pushed the envelope in terms of what made games great. We need more of that and instead most people are settling for run of the mill. Gaming for the most part, has declined in quality (game wise) since the late days of the PS3 & Xbox 360, you could even say that it's high point was in the days of the PS2, when we had games like Jak & Daxter, Metal Gear Solid 3 & Silent Hill 2. All of these games were amazing and almost everyone who games has heard of these titles

I guess that is one price to pay once something goes big like most of everyone probably wishes their interests to be. Movies, now video games probably go through it now.

To be fair, like many movies and films these days, it is easy for games to get lost in the crowd with so many (good or bad) being made and announced in this point in time. They kind of have to choose wisely on how to manage their resources (this amount of money goes to development or this amount of money goes to marketing?).

You would say most movies and films tend to be more mediocre now right?

I guess what made Shadow of the Colossus great is that it was not like it was in many games back then and the period of time during its infancy.

Gaming was not as big as it were with the casuals and all, and that game really stood out among the small industry back then.

Also, to be fair, even if people put all their resources, time, and heart and soul into something, I do not think it is 100% guaranteed to be a flawless or unique masterpiece. The chances are high, but that is it. The quality of the product is not entirely carved in stone yet.

Replicating what Shadow of the Colossus did to the gaming industry will be very difficult. More so in a time when genuinely passionate developers have to balance between making a good game, or marketing it well to get sufficient sales to support their companies.

Also, from what I know, there was virtually no expectations for Shadow of The Colossus to be good before getting released. I am guessing due to that as well, people were caught by surprise.

That is also a problem for many of use now that I think about it: expectations. I think many expect too high just because hardware has come so far and makes us probably think that there can be a game wherein we can virtually do anything.

I would say that is like saying there should already be an efficient cure for cancer now just because of how far and advanced medicine has gotten since that kind of illness has been discovered.

I say we lower these expectations no matter what and be surprised or satisfied with what comes. Raising the bar too high or to near impossible heights will cause people to not enjoy a lot of things and end up unsatisfied majority of the time.

Sadly, I would agree that most games that are heavily marketed today do not look too promising so far. Like you said, there are still good games, just obscure and lack the resources as most big games.

In short, most companies, and gamers need to start giving more of a sh*t about where their money goes.

I agree. Developers need and have to be more creative, but it is mostly in the consumer's hands on how their products will be marketed and developed. If the studios see that the people are buying games not because of how the game is going to be another "mindless fun game," but "a game that makes you think and feel while also being fun," then I would say everyone wins in all fronts.

I guess it is quite simple. The studios will adapt to what the consumers buy and why.

Their is also a problem with majority of the consumers (the "casuals") that hurt the gaming industry.

I do not think majority of them would really mind whether the game has a good story or is creative, for as long as it is fun for them. I do not think they are willing to think too hard about what game to buy with so many coming out and being made at this point in time.

To be fair to the consumers, most people's money not only goes to video games, but their bills, basic needs, etc. which are honestly more important to think about more than games.

If "mindless fun games" are all it takes to rake in many sales, why bother making "a game that makes you think and feel the story and characters while being fun?"

Gaming seems to be in a sad mediocre state, but I do not believe it is dead. I believe it will only be dead if people stopped playing video games and just go do basketball more or something. It is alive, but mostly lacks heart and soul. When you look hard enough, you will see good games. People who thought of using all or most of their commitment to making something good instead of marketing. That should be a bold and respectable move on their part.

On the bright side of this whole gaming mediocrity situation, if you were interested in a lot or all of the titles from E3, you would have probably been torn on what to buy or not if your budget is limited.

But then again, you probably enjoy having a wide range of good choices do you?

So all in all, there are good games, passionate developers, and consumers who care about overall quality of a game. You just need to look harder at this point in time now.

But if it is the fact that you want Triple A titles to be consistently good and majority to recognize good games and develop it, then that is a really big challenge and something big would have to happen to convince either all or most developers to get more creative with their products or consumers to spend money on a good game.

The least that we consumers who recognize quality games can do is to try and voice our concerns to the studios and try to show what good games really look like to the "casuals."

Also, maybe there should be no E3 next year or for a brief time? I am thinking they should plan better for it or wait if there will be some interesting titles by the studios being announced worthy being showcased there.

Maybe a game specific conference is not good anymore to announce games? Gaming is so much bigger now and too many titles being announced in a span of a few days is going to get some lost in the crowd if not backed up by heavy marketing.

I mean, there is no E3 equivalent to movies to my knowledge wherein that is when the studious announce their projects right?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#9892 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17571 posts) - - Show Bio

The e3 where everybody lost. RIP video games.

People are just realising? This industry has been in a standstill for years, lol.

#9893 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10980 posts) - - Show Bio

@jinn said:
@ultimate_knight said:
@jinn said:

I'm not going to judge it based on a couple words said in an interview when they chose a mainly QTE oriented section to showcase their game in the biggest gaming event of the year. If it ends up being sparse, awesome.

I would have prefered to stay with solely the cop angle and because it didn't it made me lose interest, someone else may feel different, that's fine.

- Fair enough, but I admire your seemingly optimistic view afterwards. I guess from what many are saying, Insomniac has probably learned that Quick Time Events do not give a good impression to many, so I would expect their next gameplay demos to cut that out or maybe at the very least, try to show the benefits of the Quick Time Events mechanics.

- Hopefully, everybody's side of the story will be interesting enough for you for your sake.

#9894 Posted by SaintWildcard (21783 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

So pumped for this game. Logan kinda let me down with the Father/Daughter relationship, but this looks way more legit.

#9895 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man for the PS4 looked good. Dragon Ball FightersZ looked amazing. Anthem looked okay, but I haven't had a lot of faith in Bioware lately, so we'll see.

Metroid: Samus Returns was awesome. It gives me a reason to buy a 3DS now. The Metroid Prime 4 annoucement has me a little hype. It gives me a reason to buy a Switch now.

Overall, this E3 was pretty underwhelming... In fact, E3 has been on a decline for the past ten years now.

#9896 Posted by righteous300 (3975 posts) - - Show Bio

Any content creators on here. Any of you guys have Twitch or YouTube channels?

#9897 Posted by LannibleHecter (308 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah VAMPYR had a sweet trailer but the game looks dead

#9898 Posted by SaintWildcard (21783 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone hear about a possible twist for Mario Odyssey?

That Pauline is the villain of the story? People are pointing at the theme song for the trailer. SHe's singing about Mario and wanting him.

#9899 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

I need youse guys opinion on something. I'm looking for a new game to play while I'm waiting for all these new games to come out. I've narrowed it down to:

• Nier Automata
  • Persona 5
  • Yakuza 0

Which out of the 3 should I get?

#9900 Posted by Rolex (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else furious about Take Two basically ripping the back out of modding for GTA V?