User Lists: 0

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

@ursaber: Now that's a throne

The greatest in all of fantasy fiction. That's how it should look like, how Martin described thoroughly in the books. That is a throne made up of a thousand swords.

I no not of any other fantasy throne that rivals this.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Anyone else think the Tarlys were justified in letting House Tyrell die?

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where do I find the leak?

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cor_tsar: Just google 'Watch Game of Thrones season 7 episode 6' and pick a link, they're likely to have a lot of ads so will be a pain without ad blocker

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Agreed so wish it looked this good on the show, but the book is always better even though the show is kick ass

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Agreed so wish it looked this good on the show, but the book is always better even though the show is kick ass

Ah the show is coming together now and its not taking forever like the books. We won't get it for a long time and there's still a seventh. And if Martin feels he needs to make one more then its safe to say he won't live to see his series finished.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

Anyone else think the Tarlys were justified in letting House Tyrell die?

How so?

House Tyrell was already dead. Olenna was a Tyrell by marriage not blood. There was literally no future in Olenna.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/6ti602/spoilers_main_legit_azor_ahai_theory_that_makes/?ref=search_posts

Best theory I have read.

All credit goes to my friend The Spaniard on this one. It goes like this...

Azor Ahai, the prince that was promised, is Rhaegar Targaryn. That's kind of lame, since he even thought he himself was The One, but then after a while, he began to think his son was the prince that was promised. Remember that Rhaegar was born at Summerhall on the same day as when it burned down, meaning he was born amidst salt and smoke. Well, if Rhaegar is Azor Ahai, then that could mean Jon Snow is Lightbringer. Think about it. The original Azor Ahai finally tempered the sword that defeated the darkness by driving it into the heart of his lover Nissa Nissa, killing her. Rhaegar put Jon Snow (Lightbringer) into Lyanna, and when he was born, it killed her. Nissa Nissa died with a cry of anguish and ecstasy, much like Lyanna might have when birthing her only son, but knowing she would perish shortly thereafter. Now, Jon is the guy who has already been fighting the Others, and he is now in cahoots with Dany to hopefully bring her dragons (dragon fire = light) to fight the wights.

Summerhall is a very mysterious topic in the books and this is probably because it holds a great secret that's too revealing to the overall story. So, to me, that's just more fuel in the fire for this theory.

What are your thoughts? Maybe this has been put forward before but I had never heard it.

*Edit: Wow great conversations below! Some extra things to consider from the comments:

1. Jon is already described as a sword - "I am the SWORD in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the FIRE that burns against the cold, the LIGHT that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. "

2. "The dragon has 3 heads" - Jon is Rhaegar's third child. This further aligns with the ancient Azor Ahai story where he tempered the sword perfectly on the third try when killing Nissa Nissa. Ergo, Rhaegar's third kid killed the love of his life as well.

3. Born amongst salt and smoke - Rhaegar was born at Summerhall on the same day it burned to the ground (fire = smoke). The kingdom lost the current king at the time, a prince, and the captain of the Kingsguard (King Aegon V, prince Duncan, Duncan the Tall). These deaths would certainly lead to many tears (tears are salty). Also, recall that once he was older, Rhaegar wrote sad songs that made the maidens cry.

4. Several have been adamant that Lightbringer has to be a sword, which I get it, it's what you'd think since the story is about a sword. But isn't that too simple and cookie cutter for GRRM? If Rhaegar is the PtwP, then Jon being Lightbringer has to be the twist that satisfies, yet keeps the mystery from being guessed a mile away.

5. Just as Lightbringer was a flaming sword, Jon is a reanimated human powered by the fires of the Lord of Light. He is most certainly hot to the touch like Mel (not confirmed).

**Edit 2: We famous, fam! Check out the link below

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Rhaegar-Targaryen-Azor-Ahai-Game-Thrones-Theory-43884486

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3610  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

The Hound chucking the rock, revealing the ice to have sufficiently frozen and attracting all of the Wights really reminded me of Pippin dropping the corpse and attracting all of the Orcs in the Lord of the Rings.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3611  Edited By Thor-Parker

I want to see ghost in the finale goddamnit. He's been mia since the beginning of S6.

Gimme dat puppie ffs! So many good opportunities for him to be in this season. Can you imagine a Drogon/Ghost meeting? That's a face off

What was the last we saw of Ghost ?? I don´t remember.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I sure hope we do see more Hate to see it end really

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3614  Edited By ursaber

@fallschirmjager said:

I want to see ghost in the finale goddamnit. He's been mia since the beginning of S6.

Gimme dat puppie ffs! So many good opportunities for him to be in this season. Can you imagine a Drogon/Ghost meeting? That's a face off

Castle Black, S6 Episode 3, after Jon was revived.

Ghost would have appeared in the Battle of the Bastards but the studio was faced with the decision to either have Ghost or Wun Wun as there was not enough budget for the both.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@thor_parker82 said:
@fallschirmjager said:

Castle Black, S6 Episode 3, after Jon was revived.

Ghost would have appeared in the Battle of the Bastards but the studio was faced with the decision to either have Ghost or Wun Wun as there was not enough budget for the both.

What was he doing ?? Where is he supposed to be now ??

Man, imagine if we had gotten the two, freaking badass as hell, although realistically I understand Jon not taking Ghost to battle, he would most likely die because he is too big of a target, he´d kill a ton of soldiers, but I have no doubt that he´d also die because it´s impossible for such a big target to survive on such close quarters.

Another thing, I don´t really understand how budget works, I mean, I know a lot of money goes to paying the actors, and the trips to certain locations, the sets, but when it comes to special effects I don´t get it, what is so expensive about special effects ?? How does money convert into the editing and refining of special effects ??

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

IDK the specifics of budget management. However a sizable part of that budget goes into visual effects, both digital and practical. Might want to check out a behind the scenes. The one from Spoils of War, the loot train attack has a thirteen minute video.

Ghost, according to Sansa is waiting around. Direwolves wander about but they always come back.

Ghost participated in the Battle of Castle Black so I would not write off Ghost's chances in the battlefield, though I admit in the Battle of the Bastards he'd likely die or be severely injured.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor_parker82:

IDK the specifics of budget management. However a sizable part of that budget goes into visual effects, both digital and practical. Might want to check out a behind the scenes. The one from Spoils of War, the loot train attack has a thirteen minute video.

Ghost, according to Sansa is waiting around. Direwolves wander about but they always come back.

Ghost participated in the Battle of Castle Black so I would not write off Ghost's chances in the battlefield, though I admit in the Battle of the Bastards he'd likely die or be severely injured.

I will check one of those behind the scenes video, because I really don´t understand how money works on the special effects.

Noted.

Ghost was way smaller in the Battle of Castle Black though.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Ghost was smaller and he survived. By the time of S6, he'd grown larger than Grey Wind.

Do you know I still mourn the loss of Robb Stark and Grey Wind. Still my favorite character.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor_parker82:

Ghost was smaller and he survived. By the time of S6, he'd grown larger than Grey Wind.

Do you know I still mourn the loss of Robb Stark and Grey Wind. Still my favorite character.

Exactly, in a high scale battle, being larger could be worse, at the time of Battle of the Bastards Ghost was much bigger than he was in Battle of Castle Black, which makes him an easier target, especially considering how tight and small the battlefield was once the fight started.

Robb was your favorite character ?? He was pretty good, but to this day, my favorite character and the death I still mourn is the one and only Ned Stark.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Yeah but Ned was so dull. I mean I loved him and Sean Bean but he had no energy. Robb was like Ned but he had flare and energy and was a total badass and a strategic mastermind. He was Westeros' Starcract champion. His bond with Grey Wind was also cool. They were inseparable. Plus his is a tragic story and I am heavily attracted to those. Also he had a rocking beard. Richard Madden nailed the role.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor_parker82:

Yeah but Ned was so dull. I mean I loved him and Sean Bean but he had no energy. Robb was like Ned but he had flare and energy and was a total badass and a strategic mastermind. He was Westeros' Starcract champion. His bond with Grey Wind was also cool. They were inseparable. Plus his is a tragic story and I am heavily attracted to those. Also he had a rocking beard. Richard Madden nailed the role.

No no no no and no, Ned was not dull man, Sean Bean stole every freaking scene he was in, much like Kit Harrington does now.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82:

Of course he did. Sean Bean has a commanding presence and an epic voice. It doesn't change some character flaws I saw with him. He wasn't as outstanding as the other characters. If Ned was not played by Sean Bean he would've been less memorable. That's just my preference/observation. He was straightforward good but he was like an aged soldier waiting to die. The Quiet Wolf indeed.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor_parker82:

Of course he did. Sean Bean has a commanding presence and an epic voice. It doesn't change some character flaws I saw with him. He wasn't as outstanding as the other characters. If Ned was not played by Sean Bean he would've been less memorable. That's just my preference/observation. He was straightforward good but he was like an aged soldier waiting to die. The Quiet Wolf indeed.

Well, to each their own, I liked his character very much and was very surprised and heartbroken when they killed him, it´s not every day you see a TV show kill their main character, in fact, it´s the only show Ipve seen where they do that.

Sean Bean is an awesome actor, glad we agree on that.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3624  Edited By ursaber

@thor_parker82:

I haven't disagreed with you on anything. Ned Stark was a great character and obviously his death was shocking and set the tone for the show. I was just saying why I thought Robb was better and why he's still my favorite. That does not take away from the awesomness of Ned Stark/Sean Bean. Not one bit.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:

@thor_parker82:

I haven't disagreed with you on anything. Ned Stark was a grrat character and obviously his death was shocking and set the tone for the show. I was just saying why I thought Robb was better. That does not take away from the awesomness of Ned Stark/Sean Bean.

Oh, I still love Robb as well though, his love story was pretty good and the only semblance of happiness and hope we had in the show for a while, then came The Red Wedding.............that scene where the soldier stabs Robb´s pregnant wife is still one of the most hardcore scenes to date.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@thor_parker82: @thor_parker82: to my understanding the dire wolves are one of the most expensive parts of the show because they use motion capture with real wolves instead of cgi.

Shipping the wolves to set is impossible so they have to fly a film crew to like canada where the facility is to get the shots they need.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: we must keep George alive make sure he's eating healthy and working out so he can put out more material lol

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: House Tyrell was always treacherous on their own so it was kinda deserved for them to get got imo. Olenna only joined Daenerys because she hated Cersei, she had no other purpose to live besides destroying her, so she'd happily allow an army of raping savages through their lands to crush that regime and put a Targaryen on the throne. The Tarlys made the right move and I don't see how anyone can say they deserved to be burned alive for that.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko: sorry what are you referring to?

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Sorry if I'm not expressing myself right, I was mainly thinking aloud. I was having an argument with a buddy who said that Randyll and Dickon deserved to be killed by Dany because they betrayed House Tyrell.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else going to re-watch the whole series before the finale season comes out?

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

@ursaber: Sorry if I'm not expressing myself right, I was mainly thinking aloud. I was having an argument with a buddy who said that Randyll and Dickon deserved to be killed by Dany because they betrayed House Tyrell.

I agree with you. What would be the point. Olenna is a Tyrell by marriage not blood. And since no other Tyrell family member is mentioned to be alive what would be the use of fighting for a cause with no future.

Tarly should have stayed neutral.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Anyone else going to re-watch the whole series before the finale season comes out?

I've done so every year since season 5.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3634 the_stegman  Moderator

That's gonna be a lot of binging...I'm down.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3635  Edited By ursaber

@rogueshadow: @thor_parker82: @destinyman75: @keenko: @fallschirmjager: @the_stegman:

Holy YES!!

After Game of Thrones wraps up in Season 8, FOUR spin off series will be produced and released set in differet time periods prior to the main GoT sagas. AKA prequels.

They can really tackle the high points of westerosi history.

Edit: sadly no Robert's Rebellion.

Hopefully we can see Blackfyre Rebellion, Dance of the Dragons, Doom of Valyria or War of Conquest.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/18/game-of-thrones-spin-off-will-be-recognizable-as-a-past-event-to-fans

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3636 rogueshadow  Moderator

@ursaber: We actually already knew that. Whether we'll actually get four is unlikely, as GRRM said.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: We actually already knew that. Whether we'll actually get four is unlikely, as GRRM said.

Well they said there are FOUR spin off series in the works.

I knew about a spin off but I was unaware of FOUR in planning.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3638 rogueshadow  Moderator

@ursaber said:
@rogueshadow said:

Well they said there are FOUR spin off series in the works.

I knew about a spin off but I was unaware of FOUR in planning.

It's not what it seems like:

IGN: So none of these are a given that they’re going to happen? They’re going to pick the one they feel strongest about?

Goldman: Yeah, I think that’s something George talked about in the blog that he did which is to do some really serious development, which I think is a massively important thing to do in television rather than rushing. And, yeah, so I think George outlined sort of the exact plan that’s there so I think better to take it from his mouth than mine.

GRRM said:

"Some of the reports of these developments seem to suggest that HBO might be adding four successor shows to the schedule to replace GAME OF THRONES. Decades of experience in television and film have taught me that nothing is ever really certain... but I do think it's very unlikely that we'll be getting four (or five) series. At least not immediately. What we do have here is an order for four -- now five -- pilot scripts. How many pilots will be filmed, and how many series might come out of that, remains to be seen. (If we do get five series on the air, I might have to change my name to Dick Direwolf)."

I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up for four, I'm sure there'll be another after whatever the spin-off is, but I don't see HBO putting four GoT shows on air simultaneously, nor would I want them to.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @rogueshadow: Why is Robert´s Rebellion out of the picture ?? It´s the one I´m most interested about.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Oh I also didn't mean FOUR series concurrently. That is insane. But four in a long term. Say the first spinoff is War of Conquest, then the next is Dance of Dragons and the next Blackfyre Rebellion.

One after the other.

While its safe to say that its still too early, the Game of Thrones franchise has enriched HBO far too much for them to not continue on. I believe that due to the viewership, ratings and profits garnered by the show that the four may happen.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: @rogueshadow: Why is Robert´s Rebellion out of the picture ?? It´s the one I´m most interested about.

Something about not making a series with pre existing characters. Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Catelyn Stark, Tywin Lannister, Jaime Lannister, etc. Don't know the specifics though.

My guess is they want to disconnect from the main saga and into unexplored territory where they have more freedom. My 2cents.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3642 rogueshadow  Moderator

@ursaber said:

@rogueshadow:

Oh I also didn't mean FOUR series concurrently. That is insane. But four in a long term. Say the first spinoff is War of Conquest, then the next is Dance of Dragons and the next Blackfyre Rebellion.

One after the other.

While its safe to say that its still too early, the Game of Thrones franchise has enriched HBO far too much for them to not continue on. I believe that due to the viewership, ratings and profits garnered by the show that the four may happen.

Yeah they'll definitely do more spin-offs eventually, like Fallschirmjager said earlier, they'll be milking ASOIAF for years.

Why is Robert´s Rebellion out of the picture ?? It´s the one I´m most interested about.

They said no existing characters IIRC. Whether that means anybody who's ever existed in the show or only the living ones I don't know.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

Its would be ironic and curious that their spinoffs go backward in time. Kinda like the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The GoT franchise started in the present, eventual end but the spin offs will continue on backwards, maybe even to the Dawn Age. Imagine, the Doom of Valyria, Nymeria's War, the Ghiscari Wars, the Andal Invasion, the War of Men and Children, the First Long Night all the way to the dawn of time itself where they confirm the Known World of Ice and Fire is in fact within the eye of a blue eyed giant. That would be so cool.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: @ursaber: Damn shame, I would´ve loved to see that.

Yeah, the Tourney of Harrenhal, Rhaegar Targaryen and the Battle of the Trident. Those were must sees.

What kind of versus would you like to see?

• Rhaegar vs Daemon Blackfyre
  • Aegon the Conqueror vs Daenerys the Mother of Dragons
  • Rhaenyra vs Cersei
  • Aemon the Dragonknight vs Arthur Dayne
  • Cregan Stark vs Barristan Selmy
  • Corlys Velaryon vs Euron Greyjoy
  • Duncan the Tall vs Gregor Clegane
  • Aegon the Unworthy vs Aerys the Mad
  • Aegor Rivers vs Robert Baratheon
  • Brienne of Tarth vs Nymeria
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

That´s a weird pair up lol, if it´s a full grown Nymeria then I don´t see Brienne winning.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoT is so bad :P

No Caption Provided

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber:

That´s a weird pair up lol, if it´s a full grown Nymeria then I don´t see Brienne winning.

Nymeria Nymeros Martell. The legendary warrior queen who founded Dorne and House Martell whom Arya named her direwolf after.

Also, Brienne held her own against a massive bear, in a dress, with a wooden sword. Never underestimate the giantess. LOL

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: No Roberts rebellion is silly not to do. But The main Thing I want to see is the one dragon even more bad ass then Drogan, Balerion The Black dread. All dance of dragons ,nymerias war too