The Feminism Thread

#2301 Edited by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@dernman: While you can meet people anywhere I retain strongly that you are much more likely to meet somebody at social events where actually meeting someone is on said person's mind. Also I get the feeling that you are reminiscing of the good old days.

Yet they still met people in other places. Not the good old days it still happens today despite some trying to ruin it for everyone my framing it into something bad.

If it did ever come to just being "the good old days"which it isn't. Then that in itself would be a problem. Not that people approaching each other but that society doesn't allow it.

Times and social conventions change. its quite clear now that many women these days don't really like random men trying to hit on them in random settings (which is what the advert was referring too).

Yes and not for the better. It's not quite clear. Why because you can't speak for everyone everywhere. You and the add are trying to speak for everyone and paint people that don't follow your guideline as bad. That makes them the bad guy and problematic. THis idea that you're trying to spreed is a negative and pushing people to be more closed off anti social. It's not just for romantic interactions either.

Women being hit on by guys on the street is more of a trope/cliché than meeting someone at the grocery .

Irrelevant.

So I have no idea why you are so insistent on "maybe that girl might actually want to talk to him". I don't think its because we've been taught to be more closed off.

I don't know why you get the idea that everyone is the same as you. Nor do I get why you think everyone live like that because you do. I've seen it and experienced it. Maybe you haven't because you don't have enough varied life experience with different people. yes we have been taught to be closed off. Just saying it's wrong to approach someone shows that you're are closed off to someone approaching you.

Otherwise guys would be friendly to everybody on the street, not just people they found attractive.

Shockingly there are places that they are. Even if they weren't like that to everyone it wouldn't matter. It's not an offense to approach someone.

I think its been the norm for women to be more accepting of romantic gestures even from people they don't nessercarily like and this interaction has been conflated with the crux of "basic interaction" that's been destroyed by evil dating sites and feminism.

You're just supporting my argument here about being closed off. You don't go from one bad aspect one bad to another. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. You don't claim that something that is perfectly fine and normal into something that is bad. It's those people who are trying to frame it like that which are problematic. Fine you don't like someone approaching you because you're closed off but it doesn't make the person who doing it doing something wrong.

And while dating sites have a number of issues and human interaction is important they leverage a lot more power on women because you can actually choose who you want to interact with no awkwardness and you can choose the time and place where you want to interact. Because if it all goes well you will interact eventually anyway. Time and place are important

Horsehit. Dating sites have their own share of problems. I've heard enough horror stories from woman and men coming from them.

I don't recommend or not recommend those sites but no one should close themselves off to just one method.

(Edit: I have more female friends then male. In fact I've always had more females in general than males in my life. Probably because I was the only male in a multi generational female run household growing up. So I've often taken the role of confidant.)

You are assuming that The Woman may be receptive to the guy in question and she may be, but she might simply be busy.

You don't read do you? Go back. In fact I explained it doesn't work that way. You don't assume anything. You only know after you initiate contact.

You introduce yourself an she'll tell you. Like I used in the example the person can say she's busy if she is or even if she's just not interested. That's how it works. Don't assume either way. You're basically trying to decide and choose for everyone. Also stop trying to pretend it's only a one way street. Unless you're an incel with incel friends you'll have experienced woman coming up to you or unless you live in a place where they suppress woman to think they can't be forward.

Also they are so many wholesome ways to promote interaction in the community. Host a Movie night and invite neighbours. Throw a Barbeque. Organize a feeding station for the homeless IDK. You'll engage with far more people and more positively than running up on any broad you think looks good that's walking down the street.

Yes but just because there are alternative it it doesn't mean another one is wrong. You're trying to turn something into a negative that just plain isn't. Which again is problematic not to mention sad. If the world ever came to that I hope people would wake from that nightmare and try to fix it.

#2302 Posted by AbstractRaze (3247 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#2303 Posted by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio

Because sometimes the negatives can be overwhelming some good things to hear.

An excerpt from an article about a Meryle Streep interview.

She's the new star of HBO's female-focused show Big Little Lies.

And despite joining the hit program based on women's oftentimes unseen struggles, Meryl Streep admitted that she doesn't necessarily agree with the term 'toxic masculinity' during a sit down with Vanity Fair.

The 69-year-old actress addressed the term — which defines the harmful effects of masculine behaviors associated with violence, emotional instability and sexual aggression — during a discussion about male fans of the drama.

The Mamma Mia star insisted that she doesn't agree with the label as it's not just men who can be harmful to society, and thinks women can 'be pretty #@%ing toxic' too.

'Sometimes, I think we're hurt. We hurt our boys by calling something toxic masculinity. I do,' she told Vanity Fair editor Radhika Jones.

'And I don't find putting those two words together [works] because women can be pretty f***ng toxic. It's toxic people. We have our good angles and we have our bad ones.'

The Devil Wears Prada star went on to suggest that 'communication' is the way to improve relationships between 'human beings' regardless of gender.

'I think the labels are less helpful than what we're trying to get to, which is a communication, direct, between human beings,' she said. 'We're all in the boat together. We've got to make it work.'

Keep in mind with a quick google search that while many consider her a feminist she rejects the label for humanist. I could be wrong as it was a quick search.

#2304 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Because sometimes the negatives can be overwhelming some good things to hear.

An excerpt from an article about a Meryle Streep interview.

She's the new star of HBO's female-focused show Big Little Lies.

And despite joining the hit program based on women's oftentimes unseen struggles, Meryl Streep admitted that she doesn't necessarily agree with the term 'toxic masculinity' during a sit down with Vanity Fair.

The 69-year-old actress addressed the term — which defines the harmful effects of masculine behaviors associated with violence, emotional instability and sexual aggression — during a discussion about male fans of the drama.

The Mamma Mia star insisted that she doesn't agree with the label as it's not just men who can be harmful to society, and thinks women can 'be pretty #@%ing toxic' too.

'Sometimes, I think we're hurt. We hurt our boys by calling something toxic masculinity. I do,' she told Vanity Fair editor Radhika Jones.

'And I don't find putting those two words together [works] because women can be pretty f***ng toxic. It's toxic people. We have our good angles and we have our bad ones.'

The Devil Wears Prada star went on to suggest that 'communication' is the way to improve relationships between 'human beings' regardless of gender.

'I think the labels are less helpful than what we're trying to get to, which is a communication, direct, between human beings,' she said. 'We're all in the boat together. We've got to make it work.'

Keep in mind with a quick google search that while many consider her a feminist she rejects the label for humanist. I could be wrong as it was a quick search.

Nice to see a celeb that doesn't think being masculine is itself "toxic".

#2305 Posted by Thekillerklok (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/court-lets-woman-have-baby-with-estranged-hubby/articleshow/69909969.cms

MUMBAI: In a rare plea before a family court, a 35-year-old woman caught in a divorce battle sought a second child with her estranged husband. She pleaded for conception through restoration of conjugal relations or in-vitro fertilisation before her biological clock times out.

In an order this week, the court cited international laws and treaties on personal autonomy and reproductive health to back her “reproductive rights” as being the “basic civil rights of a human being”. The court directed the couple to head for consultation with a marriage counsellor on June 24 and fix a meeting with an IVF expert within a month.

Don't want to make a baby with your Ex Wife? well if you are in India to bad... She has the right to reproduce with your sperm.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#2306 Edited by StaticSpeedster (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

I support women's rights but this sl*t culture has to stop before it ruins any more girls. Hope they drop the sl*t culture=freedom bs it's not doing anyone good.

#2307 Posted by SpareHeadOne (7543 posts) - - Show Bio

I support women wherever they need it

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#2308 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2816 posts) - - Show Bio

I support women wherever they need it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#2309 Posted by Eto (5367 posts) - - Show Bio
#2311 Posted by LogicLancer (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no. This thread...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
#2312 Posted by deactivated-5d39a38bf2071 (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

who needs feminism

Avatar image for professorrespect
#2313 Posted by ProfessorRespect (8875 posts) - - Show Bio

Feminism, more like, lameinism, am I right lads

#2314 Edited by Dernman (26467 posts) - - Show Bio
@wilkiiins17 said:

who needs feminism

Oye You ask that you run the risk of flooding the place with "why I need feminism" memes.

#2315 Posted by Thekillerklok (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7269347/Baby-baboons-undermine-gender-neutral-toys-movement-new-BBC-documentary.html

The gender-neutral toys movement may have been thwarted by a group of baboons after a new BBC documentary showed females playing with dolls and males playing with trucks.

An interest in gender-neutral toys has been steadily on the rise for years amid fears of reinforcing a societal male-female divide.

But a new BBC 2 documentary, Animals at Play, has revealed how differently the minds of the genders work, at least in baboons.

#2316 Posted by Thekillerklok (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49945/she-verbally-consented-sex-school-determined-he-ashe-schow

A new lawsuit filed against Pennsylvania State University includes several abnormalities, including the school’s decision to review the first hearing into a student’s alleged sexual misconduct and the decision to change the definition of consent in the middle of the disciplinary proceedings.

freaking witch trials man...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3e8fbd4bfb6
#2317 Posted by deactivated-5d3e8fbd4bfb6 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

lemme guess, the reason why this thread is dominated by anti-feminists are because comic forums are dominated by angry male nerds who can't get some?

#2318 Posted by Thekillerklok (10244 posts) - - Show Bio

#2319 Posted by Thekillerklok (10244 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#2320 Edited by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha. The comedy, and female wank here is crazy and ridiculous! Both mentally and physically the weakest gender, thinks they are equal to the supreme gender! What kind of dumb and ugly creatures are feminist people?! It makes me laugh a lot! Feminist people sure are ridiculous and dumb!

#2321 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha. The comedy, and female wank here is crazy and ridiculous! Both mentally and physically the weakest gender, thinks they are equal to the supreme gender! What kind of dumb and ugly creatures are feminist people?! It makes me laugh a lot! Feminist people sure are ridiculous and dumb!

No Caption Provided

#2322 Posted by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Expect..! It is the truth! Tell me what are females good for. EVERY. SINGLE. MAN-KIND TECHNOLOGY. ON. EARTH, IS MADE BY MALE PEOPLE!

#2323 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio
#2324 Edited by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod:

well they are needed for reproduction

Reproduction does not make them good. But needed, yes. At least currently. Technology will be more advanced in the future. When there is a technology to have children without women, then women will become completely useless.

they are fun to be with

A literal money-sucking vampire is fun to be with?

tbh 95% of my friends are female so they are pretty useful

They are not useful, considering women are both physically and mentally weaker than men.

As for inventions just two minutes online brought me this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/hannahjewell/inventions-by-women-that-changed-the-world

Men literally invented/created far superior things.

#2325 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21: so you call all women weak does that mean you could beat any girl in the world in a fight?

#2326 Edited by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Absolutely correct. From what I know, strongest women lifts about 100kg. I can lift above 300kg.

#2327 Edited by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio
#2328 Posted by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Don't think I am slow or something. I have great stamina, and I am pretty fast as well. No woman beating a literal tank like me in a fight.

#2329 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21: like I said go fight a UFC woman and see what happens. I would love to see that.

#2330 Edited by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: I watched many of them. Female UFC fighters are very slow and weak. They also fight like shit. I have beaten 10 men at the same time. A stupid UFC fighter is nothing compared to me.

#2331 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio
#2332 Posted by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Nah. I am more like Mike Tyson. Raw power and boxing.

#2333 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21: ok sure then that means your lower half defense and offense sucks

#2334 Edited by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: I said I am 'more like'. I didn't say I am an exact copy of Mike Tyson.

#2335 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21: ok what martial arts do you practice then? Cause that's typical boxer weaknesses

#2336 Posted by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Taekwondo. I also know Muay Thai and a few more, but still not great at them.

#2337 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21: I see Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Karate, and a bit of boxing, bjj, and some self taught Savate for me

#2338 Posted by MuratDemir21 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: I mostly use boxing in fights. But knowing other Martial Arts helps as well, so I try to learn other Martial Arts.

#2339 Posted by ourmanuel (13846 posts) - - Show Bio

#2340 Edited by dshipp17 (5804 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir21 said:

Are you just trolling here or something? Were you raised by a male figure or your father? But, honestly, perhaps not. Although I haven't had very much social contact with women as an adult, I was raised and cared for by women every step of the way; and, I'm always surrounded by my mother and sisters, until very recently, where, now, I'm totally alone, but, I have to navigate out of a stressful situation. Women aren't weak mentally, from my experience; honestly, I don't know how this became a stereotype and remains a stereotype; but, I guess, the question, where are you from? It's a stereotype in the United States. I'd logically assume that this would be the opinion of someone with very limited experience and contact with women, but, oddly, it isn't; lots of athletes and blue collar men seem to have this experience where women tend to polarize towards these type of men the most; I guess, just the privilege to have little respect for women; but, that's life and the reality of things. And, going by my adult experience, this is also the image that women have about how most men should behave or there's something creepy going on with a man who isn't this way; both genders create the problem, from an objective observation of things.

#2341 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: That's not at all how fathers think, boyo. It's not even a bad thing to be raised by a father, from what you're implying in your second question/sentence.

#2342 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

New Age Feminism is pure cancer. At least the older generation of Feminists had the right idea.

#2343 Posted by dshipp17 (5804 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: That's not at all how fathers think, boyo. It's not even a bad thing to be raised by a father, from what you're implying in your second question/sentence.

I don't disagree, entirely; but, those fathers are hard to find, because it's also the woman's choice in terms of who she chooses; but, lots of fathers do have something like this opinion.

#2344 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1599 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: Yes, some do. Probably not to a great extent. I guarantee it's not a huge number. Women are equally as bad.

#2345 Posted by MuratDemir22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17:

Are you just trolling here or something?

No, I don't troll. I am stating the facts.

Were you raised by a male figure or your father?

Oh, yes. Of course. If I was raised by a female, I'd probably be a stupid, weak over-emotional oxygen-wasting trash.

Women aren't weak mentally

Women are indeed weak mentally. If you were like me, you would see the weakness of those animals just by glancing at them.

I'd logically assume that this would be the opinion of someone with very limited experience and contact with women

That assumption is incorrect. I always do research about animals before I talk about them.

#2346 Edited by dshipp17 (5804 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir22 said:

@dshipp17:

Are you just trolling here or something?

No, I don't troll. I am stating the facts.

Were you raised by a male figure or your father?

Oh, yes. Of course. If I was raised by a female, I'd probably be a stupid, weak over-emotional oxygen-wasting trash.

Women aren't weak mentally

Women are indeed weak mentally. If you were like me, you would see the weakness of those animals just by glancing at them.

I'd logically assume that this would be the opinion of someone with very limited experience and contact with women

That assumption is incorrect. I always do research about animals before I talk about them.

Why are you so angry with women? And, please explain this research you've done. But, I come with experience with women; they are as strident as any man; they're logical and strategic, as with the nature of being human; thus, in their analysis, they're just that way around you, I take it. And, I did have a female neighbor question as to how I was the only male; but, it's a secret; it had to be, for now.

#2347 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: he's a female hating troll. The number next to his name is actually what number account he is on. He stated in a now deleted thread that his goal was to surpass noh8 in accounts.

#2348 Edited by MuratDemir22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17:

Why are you so angry with women?

Because of their stupidity and because they are highly emotional. Also some of them think they are equal to, or superior to men. But females are clearly physically and mentally weaker than men. Females are delusionally rejecting the facts, and that makes me hate them more.

And, please explain this research you've done.

Like analyzing things they say and do, along with their expressions and body languages. Also internet helps. If I want to know something about them.

But, I come with experience with women; they are as strident as any man; they're logical and strategic

Maybe you met a few logical ones. That does not mean all of them are logical. When I go to somewhere, I always analyze everyone around me. I analyze their expressions, body languages, things they say and do. I come to conclusion that females tend to be far more emotional, mentally and physically weaker than men.

#2349 Posted by MuratDemir22 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod:

he's a female hating troll

When you could not counter my arguments, you start to call me a ''troll''. Fascinating. Fascinatingly dumb.

#2350 Posted by SeaGod (4981 posts) - - Show Bio

@muratdemir22: no I called you a troll cause you have already admitted to being one. As for not countering your points I just decided arguing with a person with such narrow views is pointless as you have your fingers in your ears.