The Darkness. One of the most underrated games ever?

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So... Let's talk about the ps3/xb360 game The Darkness... A story driven, action paced game filled with drama and some horror. In my opinion, truly a forgotten gem.

I first played this game when it was fairly new and I was around 10 years old, back then, the horror elements of the game scared me off from continuing. Now, 10 years later, I picked up the game again and I played it from the beginning till the end and damn, It's such an amazing game... The gameplay mechanics can get on your nerves sometimes (especially the aiming) BUT what this game did so amazing was the atmosphere... The atmosphere of this game is unbelievably great and unique, it really captures the depression of Jackie having to deal with the death of his girlfriend and the pressure of his psychopathic uncle. It also captures Jackies struggle with the demon living inside of him (The Darkness) and it does so in a very realistic way. The way they capture the emotional moments with the music and reactions is just unparalleled. This game has had an huge impact on my mood the last week and I can't stop thinking about it.

For anyone interested in trying something new I definitely recommend you this game (If you can find it)

Anyone who played this game and feel the same?

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

0 replies = proves my point! Incredibly underrated game