TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By TheBatman586

You feel an itch in your throat.

You try to cough it out, but it just won't come.

You struggle with forcing yourself to vomit. You drink lots of water, but whatever it is, its just stuck there.

You reach for the carton of milk in the fridge and sneeze as you raise it up. Something hits the floor with a rattle. You look at the floor and see a small button with a flowery design on it.

Then you look up. On the milk carton, you notice a missing kid. Her blouse shows the same buttons.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By TheBatman586

I want to start off by saying if you want an answer at the end, prepare to be disappointed. There just isn't one.

I was an intern at Nickelodeon Studios for a year in 2005 for my degree in animation. It wasn't paid of course, most internships aren't, but it did have some perks beyond education. To adults it might not seem like a big one, but most kids at the time would shit themselves over it. Since I worked directly with the editors and animators, I got to view the new episodes days before they aired.

I'll get right to it without giving too many unnecessary details.  
They had very recently made the Spongebob movie and the entire staff was somewhat sapped of creativity so it took them longer to start up the season. But the delay lasted longer for more upsetting reasons. There was a problem with the series 4 premier that set everyone and everything back for several months.

Me and two other interns were in the editing room along with the lead animators and sound editors for the final cut. We received the copy that was supposed to be "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and gathered around the screen to watch. Now, given that it isn't final yet animators often put up a mock title card, sort of an inside joke for us, with phony, often times lewd titles, such as "How sex doesn't work" instead of "Rock-a-by-Bivalve" when Spongebob and Patrick adopt a sea scallop. Nothing particularly funny but work related chuckles. So when we saw the title card "Squidward's Suicide" we didn't think it more than a morbid joke. One of the interns did a small throat laugh at it. The happy-go-lucky music plays as is normal.

The story began with Squidard practicing his clarinet, hitting a few sour notes like normal. We hear Spongebob laughing outside and Squidward stops, yelling at him to keep it down as he has a concert that night and needs to practice. Spongebob says okay and goes to see Sandy with Patrick. The bubbles splash screen comes up and we see the ending of Squidward's concert. This is when things began to seem off. While playing, a few frames repeat themselves, but the sound doesn't (at this point sound is synced up with animation so yes that's not common) but when he stops playing, the sound finishes as if the skip never happened. There is slight mummuring in the crowd before they begin to boo him. Not normal cartoon booing that is common in the show, but you could very clearly hear malice in it. Squidward's in full frame and looks visibly afraid. The shot goes to the crowd, with Spongebob in center frame, and he too is booing, very much unlike him. That isn't the oddest thing, though. What is odd is everyone had hyper realistic eyes. Very detailed. Clearly not shots of real people's eyes, but something a bit more real than CGI. The pupils were red. Some of us looked at each other, obviously confused, but since we weren't the writers we didn't question its appeal to children, yet.

The shot goes to Squidward sitting on the edge of his bed, looking very forlorn. The view out of his porthole window is of a night sky so it isn't very long after the concert. The unsettling part is at this point there is no sound. Literally no sound. Not even the feedback from the speakers in the room. It's as if the speakers were turned off, though their status showed them working perfectly. He just sat there, blinking, in this silence for about 30 seconds, then he started to sob softly. He put his hands (tentacles) over his eyes and cried quietly for a full minute more, all the while a sound in the background very slowly growing from nothing to barely audible. It sounded like a slight breeze through a forest.

The screen slowly begins to zoom in on his face. By slow I mean it's only noticeable if you look at shots 10 seconds apart side by side. His sobbing gets louder, more full of hurt and anger. The screen then twitches a bit, as if it twists in on itself, for a split second then back to normal. The wind-through-the-trees sound gets slowly louder and more severe, as if a storm is brewing somewhere. The eerie part is this sound, and Squidward's sobbing, sounded real, as if the sound wasn't coming from the speakers but as if the speakers were holes the sound was coming through from the other side. As good as sound as the studio likes to have, they don't purchase the equipment to be that good to produce sound of that quality.

Below the sound of the wind and sobbing, very faint, something sounded like laughing. It came at odd intervals and never lasted more than a second so you had a hard time pinning it (we watched this show twice, so pardon me if things sound too specific but I've had time to think about them). After 30 seconds of this, the screen blurred and twitched violently and something flashed over the screen, as if a single frame was replaced. The lead animation editor paused and rewound frame by frame. What we saw was horrible. It was a still photo of a dead child. He couldn't have been more than 6. The face was mangled and bloodied, one eye dangling over his upturned face, popped. He was naked down to his underwear, his stomach crudely cut open and his entrails laying beside him. He was lying on some pavement that was probably a road. The most upsetting part was that there was a shadow of the photographer. There was no crime tape, no evidence tags or markers, and the angle was completely off for a shot designed to be evidence. It would seem the photographer was the person responsible for the child's death.

We were of course mortified, but pressed on, hoping that it was just a sick joke. The screen flipped back to Squidward, still sobbing, louder than before, and half body in frame. There was now what appeared to be blood running down his face from his eyes. The blood was also done in a hyper realistic style, looking as if you touched it you'd get blood on your fingers. The wind sounded now as if it were that of a gale blowing through the forest; there were even snapping sounds of branches. The laughing, a deep baritone, lasting at longer intervals and coming more frequently. After about 20 seconds, the screen again twisted and showed a single frame photo. The editor was reluctant to go back, we all were, but he knew he had to. This time the photo was that of what appeared to be a little girl, no older than the first child. She was laying on her stomach, her barrettes in a pool of blood next to her. Her left eye was also popped out, naked except for underpants. Her entrails were piled on top of her above another crude cut along her back. Again the body was on the street and the photographer's shadow was visible, very similar in size and shape to the first. I had to choke back vomit and one intern, the only female in the room, ran out.

The show resumed. About 5 seconds after this second photo played, Squidward went silent, as did all sound, like it was when this scene started. He put his tentacles down and his eyes were now done in hyper realism like the others were in the beginning of this episode. They were bleeding, bloodshot, and pulsating. He just stared at the screen, as if watching the viewer. After about 10 seconds, he started sobbing, this time not covering his eyes. The sound was piercing and loud, and most fear inducing of all is his sobbing was mixed with screams. Tears and blood were dripping down his face at a heavy rate. The wind sound came back, and so did the deep-voiced laughing, and this time the still photo lasted for a good 5 frames. The animator was able to stop it on the 4th and backed up. This time the photo was of a boy, about the same age, but this time the scene was different. The entrails were just being pulled out from a stomach wound by a large hand, the right eye popped and dangling, blood trickling down it. The animator proceeded. It was hard to believe, but the next one was different but we couldn't tell what was. He went on to the next, same thing. He went back to the first and played them quicker and I lost it. I vomited on the floor, the animating and sound editors gasping at the screen. The 5 frames were not as if they were 5 different photos, they were played out as if they were frames from a video. We saw the hand slowly lift out the guts, we saw the kid's eyes focus on it, and we even saw two frames of the kid beginning to blink. The lead sound editor told us to stop, he had to call in the creator to see this. Mr. Hillenburg arrived within about 15 minutes. He was confused as to why he was called down there, so the editor just continued the episode.

Once the few frames were shown, all screaming, all sound again stopped. Squidward was just staring at the viewer, full frame of the face, for about 3 seconds. The shot quickly panned out and that deep voice said "DO IT" and we see in Squidward's hands a shotgun. He immediately puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Realistic blood and brain matter splatters the wall behind him, and his bed, and he flies back with the force. The last 5 seconds of this episode show his body on the bed, on his side, one eye dangling on what's left of his head above the floor, staring blankly at it. Then the episode ends.

Mr Hillenburg is obviously angry at this. He demanded to know what the hell was going on. Most people left the room at this point, so it was just a handful of us to watch it again. Viewing the episode twice only served to imprint the entirety of it in my mind and cause me horrible nightmares. I'm sorry I stayed.

The only theory we could think of was the file was edited by someone in the chain from the drawing studio to here. The CTO was called in to analyze when it happened. The analysis of the file did show it was edited over by new material. However, the timestamp of it was a mere 24 seconds before we began viewing it. All equipment involved was examined for foreign software and hardware as well as glitches, as if the time stamp may have glitched and showed the wrong time, but everything checked out fine. We don't know what happened and to this day nobody does. There was an investigation due to the nature of the photos, but nothing came of it. No child seen was identified and no clues were gathered from the data involved nor physical clues in the photos. I never believed in unexplainable phenomena before, but now that I have something happen and can't prove anything about it beyond anecdotal evidence, I think twice about things.        

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ok,so my father worked with marvel comics for some time,mostly testing it's video games.He usually brought over pre-maid copys of succesful games for me when i was a kid.One day he showed up with pale faced.He had a bag with a case in it.Me being so young,I didn't think much of his face and immeadietly ran for the bag.He lashed the bag away violentely.He than told me this was for him only and that I could not play it.When i asked why,he just plain didn't reply as he walked away,his eyes watering.He stayed in his room all that day,playing the game.I put my ear up to the door,and i could hear some strange sounding music and my farther breathing hard.He left the room two hours later,his face was flushed of color and his eyes were shot.I asked why he looked like that and he just walked away.I noticed he didn't have the game with him so i walked into the room and turned on the station and grabbed the controller.The screen popped up with a new york city background and the Avengers:Hawkeye,Captain America,Thor,Iron Man,The Hulk,And The Vision standing at the title screen,but something was strange about it.They weren't all striking pose's or smiling,but all staring down with dark faces,looking like they all were extremely depressed.And the city was Dark and gloomy,some of the buildings appeared damaged,and there were no cars or anything in the streets,just mist.The title was"Defeated" and it was rated "E-10+",I ignored the strangeness of the pic and clicked new game.A cinematic showed up with the streets all gloomy and dark like in the menu.A man's voice started talking. 
"It was june 1st,2004(the year my father brought the game here)when it happended." 
A childs crying can be heard in the background. 
"When it came..." 
The crying now accomponied by low screams and crashs. 
"When we tryed to stop it." 
The sounds were getting louder now.Than everything but the voice stops. 
"When we failed...." 
The sounds immeadietly came back much louder and more realistic than before,Screams,Explosions,Crying,moaning of pain,they all came back. 
the city outlook changed from the murky mist to a street bustling with people running and screaming and running in terror at a giant,well,it was a giant mound of Black ooze moving through the city.At first I though it was venom,but it didn't move like any of the other games i played with him in it.The ooze slowly made it's way through the city,absorbing cars,streetlights,and everything else in it's way.The a group of people were running when an old grandmother tripped.She was screaming but no one helped her and,with a close up,the blob encased her leg and her flesh wripped away,blood mixing with the the black ooze so realisticly.The woman screamed in pain.The ooze slowly encased her face and she immeadietly stopped screaming as it filled her mouth.It zoomed out to show hundreds more people get absorbed.The blob began to turn red,blood red.It faded out and a crudely placed "2 hours later" post appeared showing the blob crossing the ocean.Now a wave moved the blob a little and zoomed in showing namor on an island nearby,he had a furyed look on his face and it gave you control.It said "RB to create wave and LB to create wave"An health meter appeared for me,but not for the blob.I started blasting waves but every time i did it,the ooze seemed to get closer.It eventually got to me and it showed a graphic cinematic of namor's flesh melting from his face.And as it turned to a skull and his eye were bare and screaming,It went Black.Now the ooze was going accross New york again,Near the baxter building.The human torch appeared and started blasting the thing(which was now blood red)it gave you control and said "RB to throw fire ball and LB to throw fireball".I did what it said,when the fire connected with the ooze a black steam and bubbles appeared and soon disappeared.It was slowly climbing up the baxter building.I did what i did until it got to the top.It the show the blob lash out at Johnny and tear him from the sky his fire went out as his flesh was torn away,and his eyes melted.The screen once again went black and then showed the ooze moving over an mountain.A storm slowly brewed around the ooze and revealed Thor wielding his hammer in the sky,it showed the ooze about to lash,but the "Arm" was then ripped apart by a blast of repulsors as Iron Man flew passed,then cracks started appearing in the earth around the ooze zooming showing the Hulk crashing his fists to the ground.This continued and slowly,just like before all the Avengers were consumed all having a graphic bloody picture.Then the screen faded away again.It then went back to New york where it was then back to the gloomy cityscape.The voice came back saying: 
"Some say it was God's wrath,others said it was space or something like that.But now we know what it was,A gift.The Gift of Death personofied.Hell came to earth and showed us the future.We thank it for that now."The screen faded into a dark room showing the avengers sillohettes in the darkness.The voice came back,but it was now warped.And as it came back,the avengers eyes began to glow red. 
"We now know it was a gift and that we now can live our eternity in this,the whole!The Living Death,the Fate Better than any heaven!!"The eyes were now angry red and the voice was very warped.And the silohettes were now hunching and staring into my eyes. 
"We now want more of you to come with us!!Live the gift of Death!!come with us and see the true god!!!"Now they seemed to be gliding closer to the screen.Before they got close enough for me to see their faces,i turned off the consol and went away to watch TV to get it out of my system so my dad wouldn't notice i played it.I had nightmares for two weeks,I never touched or asked my dad about the game again.

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By TheBatman586

In almost every building, there is one corner, one small enclosure that no one ever looks at. It's the corner in the basement that has been blocked by a disused sofa for years; the thin space in the attic between the wall and the stacks and stacks of crates full of junk you never use, but could never throw away. The space that never sees the light of day, or any other kind of light at all. Where darkness does not merely dominate, but practically oozes out from around the edges of its prison.

No one knows quite how long a space must remain concealed for it to acquire this particular property, nor if there are any specific conditions that it must meet. But it is a far more common occurrence than you might think.

In newer buildings, when this happens, the residents often report feeling cold when passing by, even in attics during the hottest of summers. Whenever contemplating taking a quick peek to see if there is anything actually there, an unnatural dread seizes them, and they leave the room quickly, if not quite running. Once left behind, the feeling passes, and it is quickly forgotten, or laughed off.

What actually happens in these forgotten sanctuaries of the dark? It is impossible to tell. For while many such corners have been exposed to reveal absolutely nothing, some brave souls have lost their sanity through nothing more than an ill-timed glance. The safest thing to do when encountered with such a phenomenon; close your eyes, rip away the area's covering in a single motion, then keep a tight hold on what you've pulled away. No matter what you hear or feel, do not get up, do not look around, and do not try to cover your ears. You might be one of the lucky ones.    

Baron_Emo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Baron_Emo

He warned you
 He warned you
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By TheBatman586

On the businessman's way home that night, as he walked through town, a man stepped out of an alley in front of him. He tensed to defend himself, but the man just stood there. Looking him over, he realized the man looked like a hippie. Something of a comedy caricature of a hippie, really. Long unwashed hair and beard, sandals, and a sandwich board reading "THE END IS NIGH". That, he thought, was unusual, even for a hippie.

"You want something?" he asked.

"The world's ending," said the hippie. "I need your help."

He stepped around the hippie and kept walking. High as a kite, he thought to himself. The hippie started walking after him, and fell into step beside him.

"Please, I need your help," said the hippie.

"Look, man, I'm really not interested," said the businessman, and kept walking.

The hippie leant against a wall, watching him walk away. The hippie wasn't all that disappointed; lots of people gave this kind of response.  
Another skeptic, he thought to himself, fingering the ragged holes through the middles of his hands.    

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#209  Edited By biggkeem89
@TheBatman586 said:
"

On the businessman's way home that night, as he walked through town, a man stepped out of an alley in front of him. He tensed to defend himself, but the man just stood there. Looking him over, he realized the man looked like a hippie. Something of a comedy caricature of a hippie, really. Long unwashed hair and beard, sandals, and a sandwich board reading "THE END IS NIGH". That, he thought, was unusual, even for a hippie.

"You want something?" he asked.

"The world's ending," said the hippie. "I need your help."

He stepped around the hippie and kept walking. High as a kite, he thought to himself. The hippie started walking after him, and fell into step beside him.

"Please, I need your help," said the hippie.

"Look, man, I'm really not interested," said the businessman, and kept walking.

The hippie leant against a wall, watching him walk away. The hippie wasn't all that disappointed; lots of people gave this kind of response.  
Another skeptic, he thought to himself, fingering the ragged holes through the middles of his hands.    

"
The only problem with this is that if the hippie is supposed to be Jesus, then he wouldn't have holes in the middle of his hands. When the Romans crucified people, they nailed them at the wrists to make them stay there. If they nailed them through the palms, then the nails would just rip through the hand under the weight. So, the hippie couldn't be the returned Christ, just some mutilated homeless guy
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By TheBatman586
@biggkeem89:
Haha good point:) 

You get a phone call from your mother. Since her car has been in the shop, she asks you to go to the grocery store and pick up a few odds and ends for her. Bread, milk, cereal, and chicken breasts.

After writing down a small list you reluctantly get in the car and pick up the items at the store. The lady cashier makes an odd remark to you: "You know, we're in no danger of a milk shortage."

Upon arriving at your mother's house you knock several times. No answer. You decide to try the door. It opens.  
You place the grocery bag on the counter. Strange. There seems to be six other grocery bags, each with identical contents. In a couple, the chicken and the milk has gone bad.  
"Mom," you call out, but no answer. You make your way through the kitchen and into the living room.

Sitting on the couch, with her head cut off and neatly resting on her lap, is your mother.

Naturally you call the police who come over to investigate. They mention that she has been dead for nearly a week. Furthermore, the police psychiatrist is at the scene and talks to you after you give your initial statement. Sitting on the front steps, you overhear the psychiatrist talking with the crime scene investigator.

"It's not uncommon for people suffering from schizophrenia to get locked into a series of repetitive behaviors," he says.

You think to yourself, They can't be talking about me. Schizophrenia? No way. Repetitive behavior? Do they think I did this?

Suddenly your cell phone goes off. "Hello?"

"Hi hun, it's me. Could you stop at the store and pick up some chicken and milk. Oh, and I need some bread and cereal too."

"No problem mom. I'll be right over..."    

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By MKF30

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided
LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By LT1085
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By TheBatman586

There it goes again. Something definitely moved this time.  
It was very brief, but out of the corner of your eye, you saw something. But wait. All the doors are locked, no pets, and your parents won’t get home until 10. So there’s no way something moved. It’s just your imagination getting the best of you. Sitting alone in your room, the only light emitting from the monitor of your computer, you stare into the darkness for several minutes. Just to be sure.  
Now you feel silly. What were you thinking? Of course there’s nothing there. What are you, 6? Go back to what you were doing.

15 minutes later, as you prepare to go to bed, you’re in the bathroom. The shower curtains shift. Wait… no. Stop spooking yourself. It’s just an overactive imagination, filling your head with what isn’t really there.  
You gaze into the mirror at yourself. You say it to yourself, slowly and clearly, “Imagination.” With a sigh, you turn the lights off and head towards your room.

Laying in bed, you stare at your ceiling, dark and foreboding, only the motion of a small fan disturbing the calmness of the night. A shadow from the light in the hall shifts. No. No, no, no. Stop it. It’s your imagination. Just that. Go to sleep, you fool.

But then, just when you’re about to drift off to sleep, at the phase no one remembers when they wake, you sense something in the darkness. It’s your imagination, leering down at you.  
With a jagged, macabre smile.    

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By ms__omega
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:
Where the heck is that from?
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By TheBatman586
Did you ever see one of those videos where you are asked to look for, or follow, a specific thing through out the video?  
Then, at the end, they reveal that as you were watching, something large and intrusive moved around in plain sight and you never even noticed it.  
It’s frightening how often that happens, like how I just moved from the doorway into your room as you read this.    
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1280162/mirror-o.gif

CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#218  Edited By CDviper
@MarvelJackAss433: where is the camera man?
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CDviper:
beats me. 

CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By CDviper
@MarvelJackAss433: i know a girl that is scarier than that in the mornings xD long crazy black hair kinda glow in the dark pale and scrawny not to mention she likes to bite me
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CDviper:
who?lol
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By TheBatman586

Water.

Water is the cornerstone of life. It nourishes us, irrigates our crops and waters our livestock. Water is vital for all known forms of life. We rely on it to wash our cars, clean our food and produce our power. It has an effect on almost every activity in everyday life. Without it, civilisation would cease to function. Governments would collapse, crippled by an undefeatable enemy – drought. It would be a matter of days – no longer than a week – before every living being on Earth perished. In short, we cannot live without water.

Two days ago, we were forced to begin doing just that.

I don’t know how it began. Nobody left alive does. During the initial hours of it, theories ranged from the barely plausible, like a new form of greenhouse gas, to the ridiculous, such as a new type of light, one that only evaporated water. I remember those hours fondly – the true enormity of what had happened had not yet sunk in and hysteria had not yet clutched the human race.

What happened?

I’ll put it simply.

The first was that every single drop of freshwater on the entire planet evaporated instantly.

I don’t think I can do this event justice, but I’ll try.

Can you imagine every single river, every single lake, every single natural source of water drying up instantly, without rational explanation? I doubt you can, but that’s exactly what happened. It wasn’t restricted to natural sources, either. As far as I can tell, all the bottled water in the world also evaporated, as did that in water tanks and other similar sources. It also disappeared from other substances, including soft drinks, creating foul sugar compounds that would make those that consumed it quite ill. There was not a single drop of freshwater left anywhere on Earth for anybody to drink.

But by far the worst result of the lack of water was the nuclear reactors.

Without pressurised water, most of the nuclear reactors in the entire world – those that utilise purified water as coolant – had no available sources of coolant, and just under half of these had poor or untested failsafe plans. The resulting effect of this led to catastrophic nuclear meltdown in roughly 46% of water-cooled reactors. The world, already reeling from the unprecedented situation, fell into total anarchy.
International communication ceased after almost exactly twenty-four hours after it began.

But there was a second effect.

The saltwater poisoning.

Many people flocked to desalination plants in the first few hours, hoping for salvation.

They found none.

At approximately the same time as the worldwide evaporation, saline increased by fivefold in every sea or ocean on Earth. Desalination plants were able to cope with this load for approximately twenty hours. Then, fuel began to run low – and with the imminent collapse of civilisation thanks to the multiple nuclear catastrophes, no more was delivered. Thus, the last ever drop of freshwater on Earth was pumped out no later than midnight yesterday.

After the drought came the collapse.

With no water available, civilisation soon descended into anarchy. Governments, typical of authority to the very end, tried maintaining order. It didn’t work. Soldiers rebelled, shooting rioters and runners alike. Those who didn’t die were brutally executed moments after. They turned on each other soon enough, with only a few militaries intact from the carnage. The deserters fled, unwilling to stay and watch the extinction of Earth.

But then came the worst, far worse than anything before it.

There was, in fact, one source of water that hadn’t been touched.

I’m so lucky I realised before anyone else in my town.

It was blood.

Blood, which is over 90% water, was the only remaining liquid fit to drink.

And so some did.

At first, I didn’t believe it. It was too horrific.

Animals went first. The desperate drank the blood of cats, dogs, pets and feral animals of all kinds. Many offered too little blood to be of any value. The situation was made worse by the fact that I live in a rather large metropolitan city and beyond domesticated pets and the odd feral animal, there was no animals to catch and drink from. Perhaps those in the country fared better – I have no way of finding out, and frankly I don’t really care.

I knew then that humans were the only other option.

I first saw it twelve hours ago.

An elderly man, dressed in nothing but a torn dressing gown, slowly made his way down the street that ran in front of my house. He called for help desperately, croaking out that his entire nursing home was dead or dying, that the nurses had fled and that he was looking for help. He was so pitiful that I almost opened my door, if only to offer him some respite from the midday sun, and some of my sparse rations.

If I had been a second faster, I would not be writing this.

Before I could open the door, three people – two men and a woman – pounced from the shadow of a nearby tree. The poor old bastard had no chance. They leapt upon him, frenzied in their dehydration, and set on him with makeshift tools. It was the most terrifying spectacle of my entire life. One of the men had a hammer – he set about bashing the man’s joints in, one by one. Crack. Crack. Crack. I retched bile each time the hammer slammed into bone, so sickening was the crunch. The other had a gardening hoe. He hovered above the elderly man, bringing the makeshift weapon down once, twice. The tool cut through the man’s ankles like a knife through a steak.

The metaphor made me vomit. After I did, I looked back, if only to satisfy my own growing horror.

I wish I hadn’t.

The woman, who was weaponless save for her own two hands, had straddled the man’s chest. Her hands were spread on the screaming man’s face as her own companions butchered him. Then, even as I watched, she dug her thumbs into his eyes. He howled like nothing I had ever heard before. She dug harder, pushing inwards and outwards simultaneously. When they were pulled free, blood and some even less discernible liquid splattered all over her. She grabbed them and ate them like fruit. I could hear the chewing sounds from my door. They bent to consume the precious blood and I turned away.

I call them the Drinkers.

There’s one thing I want to make very clear about them. They aren’t zombies. Nor are they affected by some external force that forces them to drink the blood of humans, such as a virus or disease. They are entirely human. I suspect that dehydration affects them worse than it does others and this forces them to drink from humans in a form of pseudo-cannibalism or perish. They represent the dark side of humanity. The Drinkers also seem to recognise each other through some subtle signal. Not being a Drinker, I wouldn’t know it.

As fast as I possibly could, I took my meagre supplies, some small comforts, this journal and my .357 Desert Eagle up into my bedroom. I pushed the bed against the door with my rapidly fading strength and piled furniture on it. The Desert Eagle has a full clip of seven, and I have one spare. Enough for thirteen Drinkers and - well, I’m sure you can imagine.

Another six hours have passed. I can really feel the dehydration now. My tongue feels numb and my skin feels like sandpaper. I tried to eat some bread before and I almost choked, with no saliva to moisten my throat. Now I’m hungry as well as thirsty. I don’t even know why I’ve kept writing this. Maybe it’s something to occupy me during the final hours of mankind. Maybe I hold some hope that a solution will be found and somebody in the future will read this and remember what it was like. Maybe I’m just delusional.

It’s getting worse. I’m breathing heavily and becoming more and more lethargic. This room feels like a sauna. I can almost see the heatwaves bouncing across the room, becoming more and more intense until I am literally cooked alive. It’s not a pleasant vision. My pen keeps slipping from the page as I suffer random bursts of weakness. I’m scared I won’t even be able to pull the trigger if the time comes.

I’m so terribly thirsty. The last time I urinated it burned. I haven’t defecated for a long time now. My vision’s fading in and out and my head feels like it’s going to split open from the intense pressure inside. My skin is so dry and leathery. I know I’m dying, but I’ve still got the Desert Eagle. Maybe I should kill myself before I lose the strength to do so. God knows it’s better than dehydrating to death or letting the Drinkers get me.

so thirsty
its dark and i’ve lost the gun
vision almost gone
so THIRSTY
i’m going mad
i’m dying
wait
what’s that
so thirsty
somebody’s knocking at the door
they want to be let in
they say the drinkers are coming
should i
i don’t know
maybe i’ll go get a drink.
i’m so thirsty    

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By TheBatman586
@Edamame:
.....what?
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By TheBatman586

CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By CDviper
@MarvelJackAss433: one of the girls i am dating's little sister xD
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By TheBatman586

Earlier this week, on Sunday night, I had a dream in which I knew I was asleep. I was stood outside of my house in torrential rain at night and thought I needed to get inside in order to wake up. I approached the front door and placed my knuckles onto the door-window ready to knock. I knew that my next action would bring me one step closer to consciousness. The moment I knocked on the door, the thudding sound of the knock was so loud, so frightening and so real that it woke me from my sleep.

BANG BANG BANG

I jumped up immediately and listened out for a further knock at the door. I was roasting hot, sweating profusely. My heart was beating so hard, I don’t think I would have been able to tell the difference between a knock at the door and my thudding heart beat. After I came to my senses and realised that the possibility of the door knocking at the exact moment of dreaming it is incredibly low, I fell back to sleep.

Monday, the very following night, I had the same dream. Right back outside the front of the house in the pouring rain again, intensely staring at the house. I slowly walked to the front door, this time it was open. I walked in and went straight into the kitchen. I opened the cutlery drawer and pulled out the largest meat knife I have. I looked into my reflection through the blade of the knife.

If you stare directly into the reflection of your eyes for long enough, eventually it will hit you that someone is looking at you. You know it’s your reflection, but for just a second, you forget and become self conscious, as if it’s somebody else behind your reflection’s eyes. It didn’t take a second of looking at my reflection through the blade to realise that somebody else was looking back. The moment I realised it was somebody else wearing my grin in the reflection, I slammed the cutlery drawer shut.

BANG

Again, I shot up out of bed. The sound of the metal clanging in the drawer as it abruptly closed was so defined and so crystal clear, it couldn’t have been a dream. Really spooked this time, I went downstairs into the kitchen. I was half asleep and had to check. I opened the cutlery drawer. I was relieved to find the knife still in the drawer. I closed it and went back to bed. It took a little longer this time, but I fell asleep.

Tuesday night, my dream started with that grin in the reflection. From the look in his eyes, I could tell that the man in the reflection knew he was looking back at someone confused and scared. I found myself looking into the reflection of the knife, already in my hand, while stood outside of my house in the rain. The front door was open again. I walked into the house, directly up the stairs and into my bedroom. I looked at the bed and saw someone sleeping in it. It was me.

I knew what I was going to do, but also knew that I couldn’t stop myself. Instead, I kept think over and over again “Wake up”. My emotions were both in two extremes at once. I was terrified, but at the same time I was thrilled and excited to kill. “WAKE UP!”

I shot right out of bed and stood up. I was absolutely drenched in sweat, roasting hot, but relieved to find nobody stood in front of me with a knife. It took a few seconds to realise that I was gripping something tight in my hand. I knew what it was even before I looked down at it and saw my reflection in it. It was the meat knife, and this time the reflection in it looked terrified.

I don’t sleep anymore.    

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By TheBatman586

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By riri4life

O.O
Dr_Columbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Dr_Columbo
@riri4life said:

"
  O.O "

Thats not creepy that Freddy   
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By TheBatman586

There is a video on YouTube named "Mereana Mordegard Glesgorv". If you search this, you will find nothing. The few times you find something, all you will see is a 20 second video of a man staring intently at you, expressionless, then grinning for the last 2 seconds. The background is undefined. This is only part of the actual video.

The full video lasts 2 minutes, and was removed by YouTube after 153 people who viewed the video gouged out their eyes and mailed them to YouTube’s main office in San Bruno. Said people had also committed suicide in various ways. It is not yet known how they managed to mail their eyes after gouging them out. And the cryptic inscription they carve on their forearms has not yet been deciphered.

YouTube will periodically put up the first 20 seconds of the video to quell suspicions, so that people will not go look for the real thing and upload it. The video itself was only viewed by one YouTube staff member, who started screaming after 45 seconds. This man is under constant sedatives and is apparently unable to recall what he saw. The other people who were in the same room as him while he viewed it and turned off the video for him say that all they could hear was a high pitched drilling sound. None of them dared look at the screen.

The person who uploaded the video was never found, the IP address being non-existent. And the man on the video has never been identified.    

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#234  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By King_Saturn
lol
ZOMZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By ZOMZ

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By King_Saturn
he he he... More Funny  !
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By turoksonofstone

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By King_Saturn
@turoksonofstone said:
"   

"
I remember this video... this is what happens when your brain is fried by religion... lol
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#240  Edited By GTG12

this is seriously scary stuff.

Dr_Columbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Dr_Columbo
@King Saturn said:

" @turoksonofstone said:

"   

"
I remember this video... this is what happens when your brain is fried by religion... lol "
This is what happens when your brain is fried 
ZOMZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By ZOMZ

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By turoksonofstone

Stan Lee signs Jack Kirby's Work.
 Stan Lee signs Jack Kirby's Work.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By turoksonofstone

CDviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By CDviper

i love this thread may it live forever

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By TheBatman586

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By turoksonofstone

DeviousDavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By DeviousDavey
@turoksonofstone said:
"       

"

GRAB THE GHOST BUSTERS DVD!GRAB THE GHOST BUSTERS DVD!!!!
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By turoksonofstone