The Average Unarmed Human can Easily Beat a Wolf In A Fight

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Human beings may not have fur, teeth, or claws, but we have several physical advantages over most animals that make us incredibly deadly even unarmed.

I am aware that there have been many times in which people have been mauled by pitbulls and other domesticated dogs.

The only reason this happens is because the majority of people that are attacked by vicious animals tend to put most of their effort into running away instead of fighting back. Humans today have forgotten how deadly we are due to the soft, protected lives we've been living for many centuries.

Another argument that delusional wolf advocates will use is that wolves take down larger prey, therefore, they can beat the average human. This is false as well, because humans are physically better equipped at taking down wolves than the prey that wolves normally hunt: We have incredibly flexible limbs, we're very dexterous, and we have great balance on two legs which allows us to hit very hard and choke out our opponents.

If a human were to ever get attacked by any canine, all we would have to do is rap one of our arms arounds its neck and choke it to death.Even if a canine does manage to knock you down when it charges at you, a person could easily recover from the position by first protecting his neck with his arm, and then using his hips to quickly get up. From there, pin the dog down with your stronger limbs then choke it to death.Here are incidents in which people killed canines without weapons:

http://sputniknews.com/world/20130905/183180312/Kazakh-Man-Kills-Wolf-with-Bare-Hands--Report.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338906/Jogger-kills-savage-dog-bare-hands-attacked-son-7.htmlhttp://archive.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050322/pitbull.shtml

If you are a fully grown man in good health and you lose to any canine in a fight without weapons, you are a pathetic coward and you need to defend yourself instead of run away.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, good luck with that.

CCThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A full grown man with good killing training may has good chance to kills some animals like wolf or cheetah.

But face others above that all you will get is death.

Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The average man spends time eating unhealthy food, getting reduced amounts of sleep, and sitting 90% of the day, wolves have millions of years of evolution that builds it's body for fighting.

Trust me wolves outclass you in all physicals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc1684d074f9
deactivated-5cc1684d074f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@universeichigo1 said:

The average man spends time eating unhealthy food, getting reduced amounts of sleep, and sitting 90% of the day, wolves have millions of years of evolution that builds it's body for fighting.

Trust me wolves outclass you in all physicals.

Well we are bigger, smarter and with better stamina tho

The wolf will be coming for your neck, you give him your arm and he will destroy that arm. But while he is there you will seriously smash his eyes in and he will panic.

I can see a human winning but with bad wounds every time.

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can go on and prove it.

Humans might be stronger but we are far less durable. Everytime wolf bites or scratches you he inflicts far dangerous and painful wounds on you than you can on average on him. He can rip you to shreds, make you bleed overtime, get you unconscious or rip your arteries or veins. And he can jump on you.

And what are you going to do? Your best bet is to choke him to death. Everything else is too risky.

I am not saying we can't win but saying that AVERAGE HUMAN can beat a wolf?

Do you even know what average human means today? Most people are either obese or really thin and have little to zero fighting potential. And yeah most of them would rather run away than fight.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've seen dogs rag large men around like children. A wolf WOULD kill you 95% of the time.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fore2341

@universeichigo1:

Incorrect, human beings still have several physical advantages over wolves that would allow us to beat any wolf in a one on one fight as long as we have the right mindset. Wolves possess zero physical advantages over humans (besides running speed which is irrelevant in a fight)

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anakon4 said:

You can go on and prove it.

Humans might be stronger but we are far less durable. Everytime wolf bites or scratches you he inflicts far dangerous and painful wounds on you than you can on average on him. He can rip you to shreds, make you bleed overtime, get you unconscious or rip your arteries or veins. And he can jump on you.

And what are you going to do? Your best bet is to choke him to death. Everything else is too risky.

I am not saying we can't win but saying that AVERAGE HUMAN can beat a wolf?

Do you even know what average human means today? Most people are either obese or really thin and have little to zero fighting potential. And yeah most of them would rather run away than fight.

Incorrect, human beings are very durable animals, even the average human. Adrenalin in life or death situations can allow the average human to fight through much worse than bites and scratches.

And a bite from a wolf won't instantly inflict fatal wounds on a human, it would take time for wounds to become very dangerous and fatal, plenty of time for the average human to easily rap his arms around the wolfs neck and then choke it to death. And even if the wolf does manage to sever some arteries with a bite, like I've said, people have fought through serious injuries before due to adrenalin, so this would be far from the end of the fight, and the human with his superior physical stats would still have a very high chance of winning the fight.

You are also incorrect about the average human being defenseless as well. While we may not be as tough as we use to be, we're still incredibly dangerous animals compared to animals like wolves, even unarmed: This is due to the flexibility of our limbs, our dexterity, and our balance on two legs. These advantages allow us to easily choke out our opponents, grab and manipulate them, and hit with incredible amounts of force.

And just for your information, wolves don't scratch. They only have their bite, whereas humans have several other physical advantages which I listed out. Even if wolves could scratch, humans would still have a very high chance of winning, all we have to do is rap one of our arms around the wolf's neck. For a human this would be a far easier task since we can easily use your superior balance and dexterity to grab the wolf and pin it down.

On the other hand, the only way for a wolf to kill a human with the right fighting mindset is to go for their throat, which would be almost impossible because a human with this fighting mindset could easily prevent the wolf from doing so using one of their arms, and then using their other arm to choke the wolf out.

And like I said, a bite from a wolf will not instantly incapacitate your arm, and you still have another free arm that you can use to easily choke the wolf out once it gets within range.

Considering that even the average human is capable of fighting through serious injuries in life or death situations due to adrenalin, along with the several physical advantages we possess, even the average human would have no problem killing a wolf in a fight.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341 said:

Human beings may not have fur, teeth, or claws, but we have several physical advantages over most animals that make us incredibly deadly even unarmed.

I am aware that there have been many times in which people have been mauled by pitbulls and other domesticated dogs.

The only reason this happens is because the majority of people that are attacked by vicious animals tend to put most of their effort into running away instead of fighting back. Humans today have forgotten how deadly we are due to the soft, protected lives we've been living for many centuries.

Another argument that delusional wolf advocates will use is that wolves take down larger prey, therefore, they can beat the average human. This is false as well, because humans are physically better equipped at taking down wolves than the prey that wolves normally hunt: We have incredibly flexible limbs, we're very dexterous, and we have great balance on two legs which allows us to hit very hard and choke out our opponents.

If a human were to ever get attacked by any canine, all we would have to do is rap one of our arms arounds its neck and choke it to death.Even if a canine does manage to knock you down when it charges at you, a person could easily recover from the position by first protecting his neck with his arm, and then using his hips to quickly get up. From there, pin the dog down with your stronger limbs then choke it to death.Here are incidents in which people killed canines without weapons:

http://sputniknews.com/world/20130905/183180312/Kazakh-Man-Kills-Wolf-with-Bare-Hands--Report.htmlNotepad++MalwarebytesFileZilla

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338906/Jogger-kills-savage-dog-bare-hands-attacked-son-7.htmlhttp://archive.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050322/pitbull.shtml

If you are a fully grown man in good health and you lose to any canine in a fight without weapons, you are a pathetic coward and you need to defend yourself instead of run away.

The human body is still much better built for fighting due to the several physical advantages we possess which I listed out in the OP: We have incredibly flexible limbs, we're very dexterous, and we have great balance on two legs which allows us to hit very hard and choke out our opponents.

The average human with the right fighting mindset would easily kill any wolf in a fight.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Fore2341
@jooosh1996 said:

I've seen dogs rag large men around like children. A wolf WOULD kill you 95% of the time.

The only time canines beat a full grown healthy man is when the man isn't in the right fighting mindset, because based on our physical advantages, we should have absolutely no problem murdering a wolf unarmed.

Unlike me you haven't supported your position with any evidence, and the evidence suggests that an unarmed human would have absolutely no problem killing any canine 10/10 times in a fight.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, in a life or death situation, a fully grown fit male should be able to beat down a wolf.

The main reason why this doesn’t happen is because they are usually in packs, or the person runs away and gets caught from behind and falls flat at the wolves jaws.

Really a hard enough kick to their ribs should be enough to put them down.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: Do you have video evidence of an average unarmed human male fighting a Wolf? No. Your logic is stupid and wrong. I have grown up with Dogs, watched dogs kill other dogs and watched them rag men around as I already said. Wolfs are much bigger and much stronger than the majority of dogs. The Wolfs mouth is what gives it a distinct advantage not its strength or speed. A single bite would break skin, tear muscle and break bone. An average human man would not be capable of killing a Wolf with a single strike, whereas the Wolf could easily with its jaws. Sure you could beat down the wolf, try strangle it, but if you think the Wolf is going to let you do so you are massively mistakwen.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: Do you have video evidence of an average unarmed human male fighting a Wolf? No. Your logic is stupid and wrong. I have grown up with Dogs, watched dogs kill other dogs and watched them rag men around as I already said. Wolfs are much bigger and much stronger than the majority of dogs. The Wolfs mouth is what gives it a distinct advantage not its strength or speed. A single bite would break skin, tear muscle and break bone. An average human man would not be capable of killing a Wolf with a single strike, whereas the Wolf could easily with its jaws. Sure you could beat down the wolf, try strangle it, but if you think the Wolf is going to let you do so you are massively mistakwen.

I don't need to provide a video of a man killing a wolf unarmed in order to prove that the average human is capable of killing a wolf without weapons. The facts that I have provided is more than enough proof that the average human is capable of beating a wolf due to the several physical advantages that I have listed out.

Like I've said, the only time that dogs have ever been able beat larger fit men is because the man was not in the right fighting mentality, most people are overcome with fear and are reluctant to fight back when attacked by vicious animals. I can easily make this deduction based on the fact that human beings are physically superior to canines in every way that matters when it comes to fighting (except for teeth, which is far from enough to stop a full grown man in the right fight mentality).

A single bite from a wolf isn't going to instantly break or incapacitate whatever limb it bites. It would have to chew and shake for a while, there would be plenty of time for a person to choke the wolf to death long before the limb becomes completely incapacitated. If you think a bite is going to instantly incapacitate someone in a life or death situation, you are severely mistaken. Adrenalin has caused people to fight through much more serious injuries than a bite in life or death situations, and a single or even multiple bites isn't anywhere near enough to defeat a human with the right mindset.

Due to our superior limb structure, balance, and dexterity, human beings are far better grapplers than wolves could ever hope to be with their inferior anatomy. If a wolf latches onto a persons arm, a human could easily use his other arm to choke the wolf out or simply grab the wolf by the neck, throw it down to the ground, then choke it unconscious or even beat it to death.

A human being would have a much easier time taking a wolf down and choking it out due to our superior physical structure, whereas it would be almost impossible for a wolf to bite a human's throat, because all a person would need to do is use their arms to block the wolf, and a single bite to the arm is nowhere near enough to result in instant incapacitation of the limb.

You have claimed my logic is stupid and wrong, but you have done nothing to support any of your arguments and refute any of the arguments I have provided.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: No, you are going off random events and irrlevant facts. Im going off first hand experiences with large dogs. You can believe your own idiocracy but I can guarantee a large feral dog would maul the average man the majority of the time. You desperatly need to do some research on our canine friends and see what they are capable off. But I repsect its your own opinion.

A much better match up would be the average male with a knife vs a wolf.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fore2341

@jooosh1996 said:

@fore2341: No, you are going off random events and irrlevant facts. Im going off first hand experiences with large dogs. You can believe your own idiocracy but I can guarantee a large feral dog would maul the average man the majority of the time. You desperatly need to do some research on our canine friends and see what they are capable off. But I repsect its your own opinion.

A much better match up would be the average male with a knife vs a wolf.

You have failed to explain how my facts are irrelevant. Your entire response can be summed up to "you're wrong" without providing any evidence for your counter-claims. Dismissing my facts which indeed support my arguments as irrelevant without explaining why, will only prove that you are irrational and incapable of properly debating.

Your supposed experience is anecdotal and therefore unreliable, present facts and evidence to support your argument, or admit defeat. But I'll let you know that if your first hand experience has lead you to believe any canine has a chance against an unarmed average human with the right mindset, then either you are overcome with fear and too afraid to stand your ground and defend against a vicious animal, or you are incredibly weak by human standards.

I haven't stated my opinion, I have stated facts which you have yet to refute.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: A quick search on YouTube you will find tamed dogs attacking and ragging around men, women and children. The dogs are punched, kicked and hit repeatdly with sticks, metal bars and still fight. A large wolf is much bigger, stronger and way more dangerous than any dog and a much higher bite force psi.

https://youtu.be/fYTBapg7Yj8

https://youtu.be/B5o9hhqQ-OI

I never said I couldnt fight a Wolf.

I said the average human male would be killed by a wolf unarmed 95% of the time.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fore2341

@jooosh1996 said:

@fore2341: A quick search on YouTube you will find tamed dogs attacking and ragging around men, women and children. The dogs are punched, kicked and hit repeatdly with sticks, metal bars and still fight. A large wolf is much bigger, stronger and way more dangerous than any dog and a much higher bite force psi.

https://youtu.be/fYTBapg7Yj8

https://youtu.be/B5o9hhqQ-OI

I never said I couldnt fight a Wolf.

I said the average human male would be killed by a wolf unarmed 95% of the time.

I have already addressed everything that happened in the videos you posted: The men were reluctant to fight back, none of them tried to choke out the dogs by rapping their arms around their necks, and none of them tried to pin the dogs down. Also, I would barely call those hits "punches", they were similar to the hits you would see in fights between girls.

Also, there is absolutely nothing impressive about dogs beating children and small woman in fights. But even a woman in the right mindset should be able to beat any canine in a fight.

Showing videos of people who are clearly reluctant to fight back isn't going to disprove any of my arguments, I already explained that the only reason canines are ever able to beat a healthy average human is because the human is overcome with fear and reluctant to fight back. Humans still have several physical advantages over canines that would make a human in the right mindset win 10/10 times.

An unarmed average human with the right mindset would murder a wolf 99% of the time.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: Jesus christ theres some keyboard warriors on the internet. If a wolf came at you you would sh*t yourself. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341: Jesus christ theres some keyboard warriors on the internet. If a wolf came at you you would sh*t yourself. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

You resort to ad hominem attacks because you've realized your position is impossible to defend and therefore find my claims valid... Typical tactic for people suffering from denial and large egos

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc1684d074f9
deactivated-5cc1684d074f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious:

Well its true... you should check out persistence hunting and stuff like that.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HeroUp2112

@fore2341 said:
@jooosh1996 said:

You resort to ad hominem attacks because you've realized your position is impossible to defend and therefore find my claims valid... Typical tactic for people suffering from denial and large egos

Hell, I can easily defend his position.

1. Human being's bodies are not, I repeat NOT designed for combat. They just aren't. Compared to most other animals in our size range, our skin is too thing; our muscles aren't particularly dense or difficult to pierce and tear; as a species we tend to have a particularly low pain tolerance, though I agree adrenaline can certainly be a factor you clearly misunderstand a few things about how adrenaline affects the human body...though i'll be the first to say it CAN help in this situation; humans blood vessels are within' the VERY thing wrappings of our thin skin; our bone density and skeletal structure are...again..not designed for combat...the natural weapons we have, our hands, break and are rendered usesless fairly easily and we have next to NO damage capacity with our teeth, and our skeletal structure is very long and lanky which makes it difficult to STAY balanced and reduces the power of any strikes we may attempt, and relatively soft other tissues...it is much easier to bleed us out than the majority of other animals our size, and once we ARE supine or prone our advantages against any kind of canine drop exponentially as we are neither designed to operate well in these positions but it gives a canine MUCH easier access to our vital areas. Humans have perfected ways to ENHANCE the physical attributes we have with training and hard work, but we are very much most effective in combating each other.
  2. Wolves are MUCH stronger than all but the largest domestic canines. They have the instincts to attack vital areas that will most likely kill or incapacitate a prey item, and we have many...JUST in our limbs...not to mention our very exposed heads at the top of relatively long and poorly protected necks.
  3. The main reason human beings have survived, thrived, and become the dominant species on the planet revolves around two things. Our superior mental faculties and our thumbs. We killed wolves, mammoths, and other large beasts when we were more primitive because we learned to fashion WEAPONS and STRATEGIES for killing, NOT because our bodies are very well suited for direct combat with other animals. Again, pound for pound we are among THE weakes animal of our size range on the planet.
  4. Getting AT a wolves neck is a LOT more difficult than you make it sound, even WITH keeping your head and a combat mind set. First the idea of pinning a wolf down unless you're a LARGE and very fit man isn't realistic. They're difficult to topple, they twist and right themselves without much difficulty, and their MOUTHS can swivel into almost any position on their body except right at the neck and straight up. The wolf KNOWS it's neck is a vulnerable area and will do EVERYTHING it can to try to prevent you from getting there. By the time you get to the neck, the odds are you will be mauled, tired, and your adrenaline boost will be starting to wear off. UNLESS you are lucky and quick and can get to the choke hold (which you would know where to do, not just any portion of a canine's neck is vulnerable to being choked) onto the animal.
  5. This thing will TEAR into you. Again, we're talking about the average human. Not a fighter, not a body builder, but average Joe. Even if he keeps the right mind set (which is a BIG if) the odds of a limb being latched onto and savaged is EXTREME...if it's an arm you can kiss choking the wolf out goodbye. No way is a human choking out a wolf with one arm.

These are just the ones off the top of my head, there are more.

YES, it is possible for an average human to defeat a healthy wolf who is trying to kill him. Is it likely? Not very. Even if he DOES kill the wolf he'd better hope he's near medical attention or he will either die of blood loss or infection (no, a canine's bite does NOT have fewer germs than a human).

Point is, even if you CAN kill a wolf it's NOT going to be easy and simple like you make it sound...you're GOING to get jacked up. All their is too it.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy has probably never even been in a fight before but thinks he can tank 1200 pounds of pressure of a wolfs bite force and continue to fight it off.....huge LOL

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fore2341

@heroup2112 said:
@fore2341 said:
@jooosh1996 said:

1. Human being's bodies are not, I repeat NOT designed for combat. They just aren't. Compared to most other animals in our size range, our skin is too thing; our muscles aren't particularly dense or difficult to pierce and tear; as a species we tend to have a particularly low pain tolerance, though I agree adrenaline can certainly be a factor you clearly misunderstand a few things about how adrenaline affects the human body...though i'll be the first to say it CAN help in this situation; humans blood vessels are within' the VERY thing wrappings of our thin skin; our bone density and skeletal structure are...again..not designed for combat...the natural weapons we have, our hands, break and are rendered usesless fairly easily and we have next to NO damage capacity with our teeth, and our skeletal structure is very long and lanky which makes it difficult to STAY balanced and reduces the power of any strikes we may attempt, and relatively soft other tissues...it is much easier to bleed us out than the majority of other animals our size, and once we ARE supine or prone our advantages against any kind of canine drop exponentially as we are neither designed to operate well in these positions but it gives a canine MUCH easier access to our vital areas. Humans have perfected ways to ENHANCE the physical attributes we have with training and hard work, but we are very much most effective in combating each other.
  2. Wolves are MUCH stronger than all but the largest domestic canines. They have the instincts to attack vital areas that will most likely kill or incapacitate a prey item, and we have many...JUST in our limbs...not to mention our very exposed heads at the top of relatively long and poorly protected necks.
  3. The main reason human beings have survived, thrived, and become the dominant species on the planet revolves around two things. Our superior mental faculties and our thumbs. We killed wolves, mammoths, and other large beasts when we were more primitive because we learned to fashion WEAPONS and STRATEGIES for killing, NOT because our bodies are very well suited for direct combat with other animals. Again, pound for pound we are among THE weakes animal of our size range on the planet.
  4. Getting AT a wolves neck is a LOT more difficult than you make it sound, even WITH keeping your head and a combat mind set. First the idea of pinning a wolf down unless you're a LARGE and very fit man isn't realistic. They're difficult to topple, they twist and right themselves without much difficulty, and their MOUTHS can swivel into almost any position on their body except right at the neck and straight up. The wolf KNOWS it's neck is a vulnerable area and will do EVERYTHING it can to try to prevent you from getting there. By the time you get to the neck, the odds are you will be mauled, tired, and your adrenaline boost will be starting to wear off. UNLESS you are lucky and quick and can get to the choke hold (which you would know where to do, not just any portion of a canine's neck is vulnerable to being choked) onto the animal.
  5. This thing will TEAR into you. Again, we're talking about the average human. Not a fighter, not a body builder, but average Joe. Even if he keeps the right mind set (which is a BIG if) the odds of a limb being latched onto and savaged is EXTREME...if it's an arm you can kiss choking the wolf out goodbye. No way is a human choking out a wolf with one arm.

YES, it is possible for an average human to defeat a healthy wolf who is trying to kill him. Is it likely? Not very. Even if he DOES kill the wolf he'd better hope he's near medical attention or he will either die of blood loss or infection (no, a canine's bite does NOT have fewer germs than a human).

Point is, even if you CAN kill a wolf it's NOT going to be easy and simple like you make it sound...you're GOING to get jacked up. All their is too it.

You have failed miserably at defending his position.

1. You are wrong, the human body is indeed built for combat, better than almost any other animal. Human beings have several physical advantages over most other animals that make us formidable creatures, even unarmed. Adrenalin indeed gives human beings a very high pain tolerance, especially in life or death situations. Human beings do have very robust bone and muscle structures that are indeed very useful for combat. Our dexterity allows us to utilize our strength. A huge disadvantage with other animals is that they are incapable of utilizing their strength as much as a human's because they are nowhere near as dexterous, and there limbs are not as flexible. Human beings do not have a difficult time at all keeping balance, we have evolved to have good balance on two legs. Your argument that it's difficult for a human to stay balanced goes directly against the facts. If anything, wolves will have a much harder time staying balanced than humans due to the poor structure of their limbs in comparison to others. Taking a canine down would be an incredibly easy task for a human. Due to the limited range of motion of their limbs, simply grabbing the back of its neck and throwing it down at an angle will take the wolf off it's feet no problem. From there, pinning the wolf down is no difficulty at all either. In fact, one can easily prevent a wolf from getting off the ground and onto its feet by simply grabbing its two front legs, and then placing your knee on top of its chest. From there, there will be absolutely nothing a wolf can do, because they can do very little with their limbs besides, run, wolves can't even scratch with their "claws" which have blunt ends on them. Another thing a human can do once gaining this position is push the two front legs to the side, breaking the wolf's arms. Considering that humans not only have a strength advantage, but an advantage in our anatomy overall, which includes our dexterity, the range of motion in our limbs, and our great balance on two legs, no canine on earth would stand a chance against the average man with the proper mindset. Once it latches onto one arm, its neck becomes exposed, and rapping your arm around it becomes much easier.

2. Their strength in comparison to other canines is of little to no relevance, as they are still no match for the average human with the right mindset. And biting a human's limbs is nowhere near enough to put an end to the fight. Like I said, in fight or flight situations, it takes a surprisingly high amount of damage to put a person down. And a wolf would never be able to reach our head or neck if we are using our arms to protect ourselves, and if it bites onto one of our arms, we can easily choke it out with the other. Wolves, and all other canines, are physically inferior to humans in every way that matters when it comes to fighting. The only advantage that they have is their bite which will be nowhere near enough to take down a human that is fighting back.

3. Yes, ancient humans invented weapons because they made our lives easier. It would be stupid to hunt an animal barehanded when we could easily do it with weapons which would make hunting much easier. That's why our ancestors chose to use weapons when hunting other animals: Because it would make the task easier, not because human beings are not capable of beating many vicious animals bare handed. Human beings may not be strong pound for pound, but our advantages comes from other facts: This includes our dexterity (which allows us to utilize our strength to its maximum), the flexility and shape of our limbs (which can be used to easily choke out our opponents) and our great balance on two legs (which allows us to hit with incredible amounts of force). Also, another thing that is interesting to note is that the human hand has evolved for punching. The reason that human beings have short fingers and strong thumbs is so that we can make a stable fist. https://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-human-fist-punching-evolution-males--20151021-story.html Contrary to popular belief, human beings are actually the second strongest primates. The only study in human history which ever suggested that chimpanzees are stronger than humans (in absolute terms, not pound for pound terms) was a faulty study conducted by Bauman in the 1920s. In this study a chimp pulled thousands of lbs with one arm, but the methodology was severely flawed. 20 years later in the 1940s, a scientist named Glen Finch in yale repeated the experiment with proper methods and found that chimps can only pull the same weight as the average man, which means that when it comes to absolute strength, chimpanzees are only equal to humans in strength, but when it comes to pound for pound strength, chimpanzees are twice as strong. https://slate.com/technology/2009/02/how-strong-is-a-chimpanzee-really.html However, pound for pound strength means nothing in a fight. The only thing which matters in a fight is absolute strength, or the total force exerted. In fact, in a recent study in 2017, it was found that chimps are actually even weaker than we thought. Chimpanzees are pound for pound only 1.5 times stronger, and the scientists admitted that human beings can actually outperform chimps in absolute terms. https://www.newscientist.com/article/2138714-chimps-are-not-as-superhumanly-strong-as-we-thought-they-were/ So the primate hierarchy is quiet simple: Gorillas > Humans > Chimps > Bonobos. Human beings are far from weak, even unarmed we are one of the most dangerous animals in the wild.

4. Actually, getting at a wolf's neck is not that difficult at all. You claim that they are difficult to topple, but again, your claims contradicts the facts. Due to the poor balance of canines, toppling them is not difficult at all. If you quickly grab their neck and then twist, they will instantly fall down. Their bodies were not meant to handle a move like that, because their limbs have a very limited range of motion, and they will fall off their feet when a person does this. Humans can spread their legs very wide, making it incredibly difficult to take them down. And pinning a wolf down once it's taken down is not difficult at all if you use your knee and grab its front legs. There is absolutely nothing that the wolf would be able to do to escape from this position. They can't twist out of it if you grab a hold of their arms, and they can't bite you if your knee is pinning their chest down. From there, all you have to do is slide your leg up to their neck and then the animal will be strangled to death. Or if the wolf decides to grab onto one of your limbs, it's making the task much easier. From there, just use your arms to choke the wolf unconscious, and finding the proper area is not something a person should have to be concerned with at all. Just putting a decent amount of pressure on the neck will effectively stop their breathing, or their blood flow to the brain causing them to pass out.

5. Incorrect, a person can choke out a wolf with one arm. If the wolf simply grabs onto one of your limbs and refuses to let go, then simply rapping your one arm around its neck and squeezing as hard as you can will effectively stop its breathing. There is absolutely nothing outlandish about this, a person can put more than enough pressure on the trachea to stop breathing using just one arm, our arms are more than long enough to rap around a wolfs neck, hence choking with one arm is possible. If the wolf decides to stop biting the one limb and try to escape the choke, then you can simply use both arms to choke. An arm that's bit is not incapacitated, and can still be used. A wolf will not be able to completely damage every single muscle in the arm or enough muscles to completely incapacitate it. It's a lose lose for the wolf: If the wolf decides to latch on, it's getting choked out by one arm. If it stops latching on, it's getting choked out by both arms.

In conclusion, you are wrong, for the reasons I provided it is highly likely for the unarmed average man in the right mindset to beat any canine in a fight. Getting bit on the arm will not result in imminent death, you are completely wrong about this as well. The brachial artery, which is the largest artery in the arm, is deep within the arm, hence a wolf will not be able to get to this artery in time before it is killed by a human that is defending himself.

Therefore killing a wolf should be pretty easy for any human.

Fore2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: Resorting to ad hominem attacks because you lack the intelligence to properly argue is pretty pathetic

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr said:

This guy has probably never even been in a fight before but thinks he can tank 1200 pounds of pressure of a wolfs bite force and continue to fight it off.....huge LOL

Literal unarmed humans have killed even Jaguars much less wolves. Russian Grannies with hatchets have been documented as killing wolves, much large men

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord_Titan_

@decaf_wizard said:
@skrskr said:

Literal unarmed humans have killed even Jaguars much less wolves. Russian Grannies with hatchets have been documented as killing wolves, much large men

Its possible but highly unlikely, the animal would have to either be injured or not trying to kill you to have a fair shot, and you would have to be able get round the back of the jaguar somehow and try to poke its eyes or snap its neck; you would have to be insanely strong or just really lucky to pull that off. In all honesty though the OP is ridiculous as he does not take into consideration that animals like wolves are prepared to kill if it feels like it, an unarmed human is not and even if the wolf is physically weaker its going to keep biting and attacking until either you escape or it gives up

Also those articles seem to depict weaker wolves, a fully grown one would probably maul you to death, even if you were lesnar or comier, mma isn't going to stop an animal with teeth as daggers and an aggression twice as that of your average man, the OP is salty that humans although intelligent are weaker than most land species, were so puny we need weapons to defend ourselves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human being's bodies are not, I repeat NOT designed for combat. They just aren't.

Absolutely false, I could go into incredible detail about how the male human body is designed for combat. Should I? More specifically with wolves though, our muscular structure is ENTIRELY different and we are strong where they are pathetically weak, grappling and striking. If a male human pins any kind of dog, they are dead. Period. They do not have the muscular structure to even be able to get out of a grapple with a human

and our skeletal structure is very long and lanky which makes it difficult to STAY balanced and reduces the power of any strikes we may attempt

Are you fucking kidding me? Humans literally evolved around remaining balanced while exerting large amounts of (mostly throwing) force? This is just sheer ignorance

Wolves are MUCH stronger than all but the largest domestic canines. They have the instincts to attack vital areas that will most likely kill or incapacitate a prey item, and we have many...JUST in our limbs...not to mention our very exposed heads at the top of relatively long and poorly protected necks.

True, but a Wolf would never attack a human, or really any target larger than it without backup unless it was extremely desperate. Why? Because if they human decided to fight a single solid kick to the head could easily crush its trachea, break its jaw, or severely concuss it. Sure it may be able to bring the human down sure, but it will likely only go smoothly if the human is retarded and manages to panic.

A wolf will typically do one of two things when attacking a target, they will leap for the neck which an adult male human can simply hold their ground and push them off seeing as all but the most massive examples of wolves, almost always timber wolves, do not have a weight comparable to a large male human. Russian Wolves like mentioned in the OP average at about 80 pounds, 100 for large males. They could also go for the tendon to bring us down, which again is a poor option without some kind of distraction because humans are fully capable of seriously injuring a wolf with a solid soccer kick to the head.

Furthermore you underestimate humans, getting a bite to a leg or nondominant arm will not prove fatal or even overly crippling.

Getting AT a wolves neck is a LOT more difficult than you make it sound, even WITH keeping your head and a combat mind set. First the idea of pinning a wolf down unless you're a LARGE and very fit man isn't realistic. They're difficult to topple, they twist and right themselves without much difficulty, and their MOUTHS can swivel into almost any position on their body except right at the neck and straight up. The wolf KNOWS it's neck is a vulnerable area and will do EVERYTHING it can to try to prevent you from getting there. By the time you get to the neck, the odds are you will be mauled, tired, and your adrenaline boost will be starting to wear off.

Right getting at Wolves is hard. But humans are also a thousand times smarter than any wolf. Whats taught in wolf/dog defence classes is to sacrifice your nondominant arm to be able to trick the wolf into biting it, then you use your superior weight to shove it down (the muscles of a wolf cannot defend against this if being forced over backwards) and pin it, shoving your hand down its throat so it cannot breath, and pummelling it. Humans have killed much scarier than Wolves this way. Including Jaguars which would quite literally eat a wolf given the chance. And honestly you need not even get at its neck, a half dozen solid blows to the head from a fist of a reasonably strong human would very badly injure an animal of that size.

This thing will TEAR into you. Again, we're talking about the average human. Not a fighter, not a body builder, but average Joe. Even if he keeps the right mind set (which is a BIG if) the odds of a limb being latched onto and savaged is EXTREME...if it's an arm you can kiss choking the wolf out goodbye. No way is a human choking out a wolf with one arm.

Except Wolves don't "tear into" what they fight. They are methodical and will look for an opening to go in, just like humans will. Unless they are desperate or think they can take down something larger than them without backup, which usually only younger and inexperienced ones will try. And you are EXACTLY supposed to bait it into grabbing onto a limb because thats your highest chance of being able to push it down and beat on it, the only environment where you can wail on it because grappling is where humans excel and Wolves are pathetically weak at. Again, extreme ignorance here

Cull_Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the same moron who said humans can beat a Gorilla in a figbt?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The “average” human nowadays would get their throat ripped out before they looked away from their phone. It would take a bigger man with some muscle to really take on a wolf. He would have to go for the eyes with his fingers (after the wolf has latched onto him somewhere). If he can get the wolf on its side then the wolf is at his mercy. Choking the wolf may not be possible due to your face getting too close to its mouth. It would have to be repetitive blunt force trauma to its head with repeated elbow strikes, or crunching its ribs with your weight on your knee etc...

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fore2341 said:
@heroup2112 said:
@fore2341 said:
@jooosh1996 said:

You have failed miserably at defending his position.

1. You are wrong, the human body is indeed built for combat, better than almost any other animal. Human beings have several physical advantages over most other animals that make us formidable creatures, even unarmed. Adrenalin indeed gives human beings a very high pain tolerance, especially in life or death situations. Human beings do have very robust bone and muscle structures that are indeed very useful for combat. Our dexterity allows us to utilize our strength. A huge disadvantage with other animals is that they are incapable of utilizing their strength as much as a human's because they are nowhere near as dexterous, and there limbs are not as flexible. Human beings do not have a difficult time at all keeping balance, we have evolved to have good balance on two legs. Your argument that it's difficult for a human to stay balanced goes directly against the facts. If anything, wolves will have a much harder time staying balanced than humans due to the poor structure of their limbs in comparison to others. Taking a canine down would be an incredibly easy task for a human. Due to the limited range of motion of their limbs, simply grabbing the back of its neck and throwing it down at an angle will take the wolf off it's feet no problem. From there, pinning the wolf down is no difficulty at all either. In fact, one can easily prevent a wolf from getting off the ground and onto its feet by simply grabbing its two front legs, and then placing your knee on top of its chest. From there, there will be absolutely nothing a wolf can do, because they can do very little with their limbs besides, run, wolves can't even scratch with their "claws" which have blunt ends on them. Another thing a human can do once gaining this position is push the two front legs to the side, breaking the wolf's arms. Considering that humans not only have a strength advantage, but an advantage in our anatomy overall, which includes our dexterity, the range of motion in our limbs, and our great balance on two legs, no canine on earth would stand a chance against the average man with the proper mindset. Once it latches onto one arm, its neck becomes exposed, and rapping your arm around it becomes much easier.

2. Their strength in comparison to other canines is of little to no relevance, as they are still no match for the average human with the right mindset. And biting a human's limbs is nowhere near enough to put an end to the fight. Like I said, in fight or flight situations, it takes a surprisingly high amount of damage to put a person down. And a wolf would never be able to reach our head or neck if we are using our arms to protect ourselves, and if it bites onto one of our arms, we can easily choke it out with the other. Wolves, and all other canines, are physically inferior to humans in every way that matters when it comes to fighting. The only advantage that they have is their bite which will be nowhere near enough to take down a human that is fighting back.

3. Yes, ancient humans invented weapons because they made our lives easier. It would be stupid to hunt an animal barehanded when we could easily do it with weapons which would make hunting much easier. That's why our ancestors chose to use weapons when hunting other animals: Because it would make the task easier, not because human beings are not capable of beating many vicious animals bare handed. Human beings may not be strong pound for pound, but our advantages comes from other facts: This includes our dexterity (which allows us to utilize our strength to its maximum), the flexility and shape of our limbs (which can be used to easily choke out our opponents) and our great balance on two legs (which allows us to hit with incredible amounts of force). Also, another thing that is interesting to note is that the human hand has evolved for punching. The reason that human beings have short fingers and strong thumbs is so that we can make a stable fist. https://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-human-fist-punching-evolution-males--20151021-story.html Contrary to popular belief, human beings are actually the second strongest primates. The only study in human history which ever suggested that chimpanzees are stronger than humans (in absolute terms, not pound for pound terms) was a faulty study conducted by Bauman in the 1920s. In this study a chimp pulled thousands of lbs with one arm, but the methodology was severely flawed. 20 years later in the 1940s, a scientist named Glen Finch in yale repeated the experiment with proper methods and found that chimps can only pull the same weight as the average man, which means that when it comes to absolute strength, chimpanzees are only equal to humans in strength, but when it comes to pound for pound strength, chimpanzees are twice as strong. https://slate.com/technology/2009/02/how-strong-is-a-chimpanzee-really.html However, pound for pound strength means nothing in a fight. The only thing which matters in a fight is absolute strength, or the total force exerted. In fact, in a recent study in 2017, it was found that chimps are actually even weaker than we thought. Chimpanzees are pound for pound only 1.5 times stronger, and the scientists admitted that human beings can actually outperform chimps in absolute terms. https://www.newscientist.com/article/2138714-chimps-are-not-as-superhumanly-strong-as-we-thought-they-were/ So the primate hierarchy is quiet simple: Gorillas > Humans > Chimps > Bonobos. Human beings are far from weak, even unarmed we are one of the most dangerous animals in the wild.

4. Actually, getting at a wolf's neck is not that difficult at all. You claim that they are difficult to topple, but again, your claims contradicts the facts. Due to the poor balance of canines, toppling them is not difficult at all. If you quickly grab their neck and then twist, they will instantly fall down. Their bodies were not meant to handle a move like that, because their limbs have a very limited range of motion, and they will fall off their feet when a person does this. Humans can spread their legs very wide, making it incredibly difficult to take them down. And pinning a wolf down once it's taken down is not difficult at all if you use your knee and grab its front legs. There is absolutely nothing that the wolf would be able to do to escape from this position. They can't twist out of it if you grab a hold of their arms, and they can't bite you if your knee is pinning their chest down. From there, all you have to do is slide your leg up to their neck and then the animal will be strangled to death. Or if the wolf decides to grab onto one of your limbs, it's making the task much easier. From there, just use your arms to choke the wolf unconscious, and finding the proper area is not something a person should have to be concerned with at all. Just putting a decent amount of pressure on the neck will effectively stop their breathing, or their blood flow to the brain causing them to pass out.

5. Incorrect, a person can choke out a wolf with one arm. If the wolf simply grabs onto one of your limbs and refuses to let go, then simply rapping your one arm around its neck and squeezing as hard as you can will effectively stop its breathing. There is absolutely nothing outlandish about this, a person can put more than enough pressure on the trachea to stop breathing using just one arm, our arms are more than long enough to rap around a wolfs neck, hence choking with one arm is possible. If the wolf decides to stop biting the one limb and try to escape the choke, then you can simply use both arms to choke. An arm that's bit is not incapacitated, and can still be used. A wolf will not be able to completely damage every single muscle in the arm or enough muscles to completely incapacitate it. It's a lose lose for the wolf: If the wolf decides to latch on, it's getting choked out by one arm. If it stops latching on, it's getting choked out by both arms.

In conclusion, you are wrong, for the reasons I provided it is highly likely for the unarmed average man in the right mindset to beat any canine in a fight. Getting bit on the arm will not result in imminent death, you are completely wrong about this as well. The brachial artery, which is the largest artery in the arm, is deep within the arm, hence a wolf will not be able to get to this artery in time before it is killed by a human that is defending himself.

Therefore killing a wolf should be pretty easy for any human.

Wow, I could tear all but a very few points (and you did make a few valid points I'll grant) to pieces but you're completely nonsensical about too many things (human balance being the most absurd), and rigid in your arguments that there's no point in debating you further. Enjoy your echo chamber.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HeroUp2112

@decaf_wizard said:

Human being's bodies are not, I repeat NOT designed for combat. They just aren't.

Absolutely false, I could go into incredible detail about how the male human body is designed for combat. Should I? More specifically with wolves though, our muscular structure is ENTIRELY different and we are strong where they are pathetically weak, grappling and striking. If a male human pins any kind of dog, they are dead. Period. They do not have the muscular structure to even be able to get out of a grapple with a human

As I've stated, it's not that it's not possible to choke out a wolf. it's about getting to the position uninjured enough to do so. I don't know where y'all have gotten the idea that it's easy to knock a canine on it's side. Try doing it with even a small dog. Unless you just use brute force (which a wolf is going to make MORE than difficult for you to get position or leverage to exert) they splay their legs open and do an excellent job of staying upright. Yes though, I'll (and I think I HAVE) freely admit that sheer grappling with a canine the canine is going to lose.

and our skeletal structure is very long and lanky which makes it difficult to STAY balanced and reduces the power of any strikes we may attempt

Are you kidding me? Humans literally evolved around remaining balanced while exerting large amounts of (mostly throwing) force? This is just sheer ignorance

I could easily go into the simple fact that our center of gravity is tremendously high in relation to all but a few primates, but we're also the only one that operates nearly exclusively on just two limbs at almost all times. I've knocked human beings to the ground much easier than I've knocked (and yes I was just playing roughly with the dogs so this isn't quite the same, but it was still far easier with a person just sparring) large dogs to the ground. You might want to see to your own ignorance. Also, I'M not going to say anything but you may want to edit out that f bomb before an admin sees it. Just trying to help.

Wolves are MUCH stronger than all but the largest domestic canines. They have the instincts to attack vital areas that will most likely kill or incapacitate a prey item, and we have many...JUST in our limbs...not to mention our very exposed heads at the top of relatively long and poorly protected necks.

True, but a Wolf would never attack a human, or really any target larger than it without backup unless it was extremely desperate. Why? Because if they human decided to fight a single solid kick to the head could easily crush its trachea, break its jaw, or severely concuss it. Sure it may be able to bring the human down sure, but it will likely only go smoothly if the human is retarded and manages to panic.

A wolf will typically do one of two things when attacking a target, they will leap for the neck which an adult male human can simply hold their ground and push them off seeing as all but the most massive examples of wolves, almost always timber wolves, do not have a weight comparable to a large male human. Russian Wolves like mentioned in the OP average at about 80 pounds, 100 for large males. They could also go for the tendon to bring us down, which again is a poor option without some kind of distraction because humans are fully capable of seriously injuring a wolf with a solid soccer kick to the head.

Furthermore you underestimate humans, getting a bite to a leg or nondominant arm will not prove fatal or even overly crippling.

You really need to watch more video of wolves hunting prey and fighting each other. When a wolf gets ahold of a prey item's leg, or a part of another wolf they're fighting they don't just "bite" they yank, they shake their heads, and if they have a good enough hold they shake their whole bodies. The effort here is to try to injure the prey animal (in a variety of ways) by getting OFF whatever they have in their mouths, or get at a vital area of an opponent, wolves just have much thicker fur and tougher skin than humans (okay, except for their much better protected bellies). I don't underestimate humans at all, humans are the most dangerous animal on the planet and for good reason. That's because of our brains and we can maximize whatever advantages we DO have. Being built for combat simply isn't one of them. I'll go into it again briefly. Very exposed breathing/circulatory: neck, thinner skin, muscle, and less dance bone; high center of gravity; large relatively easy to get at brain case; I will say our joints are pretty damn solid for the most part though compared to canines, that's for sure.

Try succeeding at getting a solid kick in on a wolf that's quicker than you and not wanting to get hit, it COULD happen but not likely. Also, it doesn't matter for this scenario that a wolf would be unlikely to attack a human. In this scenario we're saying it does.

Getting AT a wolves neck is a LOT more difficult than you make it sound, even WITH keeping your head and a combat mind set. First the i

dea of pinning a wolf down unless you're a LARGE and very fit man isn't realistic. They're difficult to topple, they twist and right themselves without much difficulty, and their MOUTHS can swivel into almost any position on their body except right at the neck and straight up. The wolf KNOWS it's neck is a vulnerable area and will do EVERYTHING it can to try to prevent you from getting there. By the time you get to the neck, the odds are you will be mauled, tired, and your adrenaline boost will be starting to wear off.

Right getting at Wolves is hard. But humans are also a thousand times smarter than any wolf. Whats taught in wolf/dog defence classes is to sacrifice your nondominant arm to be able to trick the wolf into biting it, then you use your superior weight to shove it down (the muscles of a wolf cannot defend against this if being forced over backwards) and pin it, shoving your hand down its throat so it cannot breath, and pummelling it. Humans have killed much scarier than Wolves this way. Including Jaguars which would quite literally eat a wolf given the chance. And honestly you need not even get at its neck, a half dozen solid blows to the head from a fist of a reasonably strong human would very badly injure an animal of that size.

Yes, but again we're talking about Average Joe, not Joe who's been to dog handler school. The vast majority of people are going to try to lead and defend with their primary limb. I keep hearing this "humans kill jaguars bare handed" thing. Someone please provide me some kind of evidence of this that's not anecdotal please or please stop using it.

This thing will TEAR into you. Again, we're talking about the average human. Not a fighter, not a body builder, but average Joe. Even if he keeps the right mind set (which is a BIG if) the odds of a limb being latched onto and savaged is EXTREME...if it's an arm you can kiss choking the wolf out goodbye. No way is a human choking out a wolf with one arm.

Except Wolves don't "tear into" what they fight. They are methodical and will look for an opening to go in, just like humans will. Unless they are desperate or think they can take down something larger than them without backup, which usually only younger and inexperienced ones will try. And you are EXACTLY supposed to bait it into grabbing onto a limb because thats your highest chance of being able to push it down and beat on it, the only environment where you can wail on it because grappling is where humans excel and Wolves are pathetically weak at. Again, extreme ignorance here

Again, watch video of wolves latching on to prey and especially fighting each other. Yes they go for vital areas but they do so violent, savagely, and with great quickness when they're fighting. Just watch two wolves seriously go at it.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. This was honestly the hardest I laughed all day.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wondered why people let dogs drag their asses lmao, kinda sad, but I guess your average majority are just wusses, really people out here scared of geese. Taking a wolf is bound to give you extremely bad wounds though, they can crush bones.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Apparently large dogs can be more dangerous than Wolves because generations of domestication and lower-risk lifestyles make them less afraid of humans and more willing to risk injury. Whereas Wolves show more caution and often retreat because a serious injury will likely result in its death. It’s one of the reasons large breeds of dog are able to protect flicks of sheep from Wolf attacks. Just an interesting fact to read among the rest of this gobshite.

grappolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol you must be the bear hands guy.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_ said:

Apparently large dogs can be more dangerous than Wolves because generations of domestication and lower-risk lifestyles make them less afraid of humans and more willing to risk injury. Whereas Wolves show more caution and often retreat because a serious injury will likely result in its death. It’s one of the reasons large breeds of dog are able to protect flicks of sheep from Wolf attacks. Just an interesting fact to read among the rest of this gobshite.

This is very different. A lone wolf (regardless of how "cool" the name is) is usually a sickly or immature wolf and would be very likely to attack a human being at all unless it was very hungry or it felt it was in danger it couldn't run away from.

The only way, that I can think of anyway, that this fight would actually happen is if some normal dude was dropped into a pit (okay even make it a large pit with room for the person to maneuver) with a healthy wolf and there was a piece of meat also dropped in there that the human...for some insane reason...was trying to take themselves.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tarzan just found his way onto the internet to brag to us about how he wrestled a cougar and now he tryna hype us up and make us believe we can wrangle wolves like cattle.

It was just a matter of time before Jane taught him how to use wifi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112:

As I've stated, it's not that it's not possible to choke out a wolf. it's about getting to the position uninjured enough to do so. I don't know where y'all have gotten the idea that it's easy to knock a canine on it's side. Try doing it with even a small dog. Unless you just use brute force (which a wolf is going to make MORE than difficult for you to get position or leverage to exert) they splay their legs open and do an excellent job of staying upright. Yes though, I'll (and I think I HAVE) freely admit that sheer grappling with a canine the canine is going to lose.

Its easy to knock over a dog, if you know how to do it. Ive wrestled around with my uncle's Kangal, which unlike most domestic dogs, can and would beat the ever living shit out of most wolves. For context, its a hunting dog that is as large as a Timber Wolf and can brutalized Eastern Coyotes (which are almost as large as some wolves) with minimal danger to itself. I have the feeling that most questions about wolves versus dogs and humans tend to take into account only the northern grey wolf subspecies. This dog when it rears up to try and knock me down when playing quite roughly, its very easy to knock off balance because at that point because its centre of gravity doesn't really work if it tries to do that. Trying to do it when they are on all fours probably wont work, sure

I could easily go into the simple fact that our center of gravity is tremendously high in relation to all but a few primates, but we're also the only one that operates nearly exclusively on just two limbs at almost all times. I've knocked human beings to the ground much easier than I've knocked (and yes I was just playing roughly with the dogs so this isn't quite the same, but it was still far easier with a person just sparring) large dogs to the ground. You might want to see to your own ignorance.

Humans do have a higher centre of gravity yes, but operating on two limbs is a defensive plus for defense and humans have excellent balance its not quite as easy as people seem to think. Having two free hands is a tremendous bonus, something we have evolved to exploit. Other primates are not even comparable as other primates can't even run on two legs or throw something hard without falling on their face

Yes, but again we're talking about Average Joe, not Joe who's been to dog handler school. The vast majority of people are going to try to lead and defend with their primary limb. I keep hearing this "humans kill jaguars bare handed" thing. Someone please provide me some kind of evidence of this that's not anecdotal please or please stop using it.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/80239/time-carl-akeley-killed-leopard-his-bare-hands

Again, watch video of wolves latching on to prey and especially fighting each other. Yes they go for vital areas but they do so violent, savagely, and with great quickness when they're fighting. Just watch two wolves seriously go at it.

Wolves fight immeasurably differently when fighting things they know could end the fight in a single kick. An adult male human has enough striking power with their legs to do that, especially if wearing steel toed boots or something, and a Wolf would fight like they know this because every other human sized creature they fight has a powerful kick. They stay back and only go in when they think they have an opening to go in, and if this becomes a stamina context, especially in any degree of high heat, a Wolf wont necessarily win that stamina battle as thats what humans ARE evolved to do. In heat above 30 degrees, I would place a Wolf's chances against a human significantly lower for this reason alone

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

yeah, no they can't.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please try it and post it post the video on YouTube.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112:

Its easy to knock over a dog, if you know how to do it. Ive wrestled around with my uncle's Kangal, which unlike most domestic dogs, can and would beat the ever living shit out of most wolves. For context, its a hunting dog that is as large as a Timber Wolf and can brutalized Eastern Coyotes (which are almost as large as some wolves) with minimal danger to itself. I have the feeling that most questions about wolves versus dogs and humans tend to take into account only the northern grey wolf subspecies. This dog when it rears up to try and knock me down when playing quite roughly, its very easy to knock off balance because at that point because its centre of gravity doesn't really work if it tries to do that. Trying to do it when they are on all fours probably wont work, sure

Admittedly, never head of a Kangal, but I'm aware of dogs like the Irish Wolf Hound (well the name pretty much says it all there) that are larger than wolves and able to take down wolves. Again, I'm not talking about being able to knock them OFF balance, I'm talking about being able to knock them onto their sides long enough to trap them there without risk of their teeth getting at you when you try to go for a mount.

I could easily go into the simple fact that our center of gravity is tremendously high in relation to all but a few primates, but we're also the only one that operates nearly exclusively on just two limbs at almost all times. I've knocked human beings to the ground much easier than I've knocked (and yes I was just playing roughly with the dogs so this isn't quite the same, but it was still far easier with a person just sparring) large dogs to the ground. You might want to see to your own ignorance.

Humans do have a higher centre of gravity yes, but operating on two limbs is a defensive plus for defense and humans have excellent balance its not quite as easy as people seem to think. Having two free hands is a tremendous bonus, something we have evolved to exploit. Other primates are not even comparable as other primates can't even run on two legs or throw something hard without falling on their face

There are certainly advantage humans have that can compensate for their disadvantages that I've listed to some degree, having two free hands is certainly a significant factor; however being able to throw something (except possibly the wolf, and the attempt would be very hazardous at best) isn't part of this scenario. If there are things that can be used as weapons the odds for the human to win go up dramatically. Again, as I stated, when I'm talking about other primates in relation to this scenario I'm talking about other primates in our size range. They may not have the same leverage ratio that we have but they have lower centers of gravity, greater muscle density, thicker hides, denser bone, higher pain tolerance, AND access to adrenaline.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/80239/time-carl-akeley-killed-leopard-his-bare-hands

Yes, but a leopard is NOT a jaguar.

Wolves fight immeasurably differently when fighting things they know could end the fight in a single kick. An adult male human has enough striking power with their legs to do that, especially if wearing steel toed boots or something, and a Wolf would fight like they know this because every other human sized creature they fight has a powerful kick. They stay back and only go in when they think they have an opening to go in, and if this becomes a stamina context, especially in any degree of high heat, a Wolf wont necessarily win that stamina battle as thats what humans ARE evolved to do. In heat above 30 degrees, I would place a Wolf's chances against a human significantly lower for this reason alone

Again, we're talking about the Average Joe who is neither trained to kick nor is wearing steal toed boots. The vast majority of people do NOT know how to "range" a kick effectively (certainly if something or someone is immobile or moving slowly humans don't have to have much training to exert powerful kicks, however being able to AIM an effective kick requires at least some level of skill, talent, or luck). One thing I must say is that I would be a complete liar if I said I have any real idea what kind of stamina wolves have. I do know Average Joe adrenaline lasts for about 10-20 minutes and the drop in the person's effectiveness and stamina immediately afterwards is tremendous in most cases.

See, all this I can deal with. These are well reasoned arguments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531dce659a2
deactivated-5c531dce659a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Average human male is 5'9 and unfit, I disagree.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax said:

Average human male is 5'9 and unfit, I disagree.

This. 195 pounds with a 40 inch waist, per a quick source.

I think a very in shape male with a fighting background would have a chance. The average person has no real fight experience. Avoiding the jaws would be the hardest part. If you can't avoid being bitten, you're toast. You'd need unreal pain tolerance to keep going.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531dce659a2
deactivated-5c531dce659a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda: I agree a trained male could do it with maybe some nasty bites but he'll live, and untrained average male is gonna gas and get pulled to the ground and killed Wolves attack limbs and shake their head to break bones.