Terry Fox: Hero

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sparda

What with it being Terry Fox Day tomorrow, just thought that I'd make a thread......for those who don't know who Terry Fox is, he was a young man from BC who lost his leg to cancer. A while later, he secretly left his house, and began his goal: to run across Canada and back, even with his prosthetic leg, all to raise money for cancer. Eventually, word got out, and he became a national sensation. He was supported by his family, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, on his way back, he was diagnosed with cancer again, and couldn't complete the trip. He died. However, with his death, he became something even more. He became a symbol of hope and mankind's spirit, willing to go through incredible feats to help their fellow man. Every 14th of September, all the schools in Canada run at least 3 KM and donate money to cancer.

So, just thought that I'd make a bit of a thread for a great hero.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Hagane Enna

Sparda says:

"What with it being Terry Fox Day tomorrow, just thought that I'd make a thread......for those who don't know who Terry Fox is, he was a young man from BC who lost his leg to cancer. A while later, he secretly left his house, and began his goal: to run across Canada and back, even with his prosthetic leg, all to raise money for cancer. Eventually, word got out, and he became a national sensation. He was supported by his family, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, on his way back, he was diagnosed with cancer again, and couldn't complete the trip. He died. However, with his death, he became something even more. He became a symbol of hope and mankind's spirit, willing to go through incredible feats to help their fellow man. Every 14th of September, all the schools in Canada run at least 3 KM and donate money to cancer.So, just thought that I'd make a bit of a thread for a great hero."

Oh I remember him very well actually. The man is (and I do mean present tense) someone to emulate no matter what disability or struggle is involved.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 19:34:08

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crazy spidey

He is the best thing to happen to happen to the world since sliced bread. Everyone should participate in the Run

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sparda

I have participated in the run every year since I was in school. I intend to until I'm out of school, and even after that.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy spidey

Sparda says:

"I have participated in the run every year since I was in school. I intend to until I'm out of school, and even after that."

Lol definitly

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sparda

Hagane Enna says:

"Sparda says:
"What with it being Terry Fox Day tomorrow, just thought that I'd make a thread......for those who don't know who Terry Fox is, he was a young man from BC who lost his leg to cancer. A while later, he secretly left his house, and began his goal: to run across Canada and back, even with his prosthetic leg, all to raise money for cancer. Eventually, word got out, and he became a national sensation. He was supported by his family, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, on his way back, he was diagnosed with cancer again, and couldn't complete the trip. He died. However, with his death, he became something even more. He became a symbol of hope and mankind's spirit, willing to go through incredible feats to help their fellow man. Every 14th of September, all the schools in Canada run at least 3 KM and donate money to cancer. So, just thought that I'd make a bit of a thread for a great hero."
Oh I remember him very well actually. The man is (and I do mean present tense) someone to emulate no matter what disability or struggle is involved.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 19:34:08"

People like him are among the greatest the world has ever seen. Him, and Rick Hanson are the two that come to my mind when I think of real world great achievements.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hagane Enna

Sparda says:

"People like him are among the greatest the world has ever seen. Him, and Rick Hanson are the two that come to my mind when I think of real world great achievements."

Never knew they made a day in his honor. That really kicks serious ass.
Post Edited:2007-09-13 19:46:01

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crazy spidey

Hagane Enna says:

"Sparda says:
" People like him are among the greatest the world has ever seen. Him, and Rick Hanson are the two that come to my mind when I think of real world great achievements."
Post Edited:2007-09-13 19:46:01"

Lol doesnt it

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hagane Enna

crazy spidey says:

"Hagane Enna says:
"Sparda says:
" People like him are among the greatest the world has ever seen. Him, and Rick Hanson are the two that come to my mind when I think of real world great achievements."

Lol doesnt it"

WEll, there's a man who didn't stand for violence or ideology of any sort: just perserverance and human achievement. It's nice, plain & simple.

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hagane Enna

Sparda says:

"Hagane Enna says:
"crazy spidey says:
"Hagane Enna says:
"Sparda says:
Lol doesnt it"
WEll, there's a man who didn't stand for violence or ideology of any sort: just perserverance and human achievement. It's nice, plain & simple."

A peaceful hero.....it gives you some some hope for the world."

Oh I like that term. Taht's it exactly.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda

Hagane Enna says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Hagane Enna says:
"Sparda says:
Lol doesnt it"
WEll, there's a man who didn't stand for violence or ideology of any sort: just perserverance and human achievement. It's nice, plain & simple."

A peaceful hero.....it gives you some some hope for the world.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda

Hagane Enna says:

"Sparda says:
"Hagane Enna says:
"crazy spidey says:
"Hagane Enna says:
"Sparda says:
Lol doesnt it"

A peaceful hero.....it gives you some some hope for the world."

Oh I like that term. Taht's it exactly."

It's a amazing term. isn't it?

So, anyone else want to recognize this hero?
Post Edited:2007-09-13 20:37:53

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

Now that more people are on, another bump, and maybe some more recognition for this great man.

Paragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Paragon

Terry Fox is easily the greatest Canadian. Did he win that? I can't remember. But he is definitely a hero.