#1 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#2 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15446 posts) - - Show Bio

I play Tekken

#3 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

I play tekken my main is ether Brian fury or leo

#4 Edited by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

My main was Armor King, dammit =.=

But I still can use Dragunov I guess, but it won't be the same.

Avatar image for magnus_carlsen3
#5 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

VS Fighting 2017 Live Featuring World's top players JDCR(best Tekken player in the world) and Saint. This is part of Tekken world tour. Notables are District G’s Kaneandtrench, King Jae, The Phantom and C Krizzle; RTFM’s Roo Kang and Asim; CKT’s Fergus, Shirdel and AZYG4LYFE; A F0xy GRampa, Arsenalty, StarScream, CGG|Tissuemon, The Truth, and many more.

https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

#6 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnus_carlsen3: día you watch the Korean world tour last week jdcr was beaten by a unknown from Japan

#7 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15446 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@rahiem9123 said:

@magnus_carlsen3: día you watch the Korean world tour last week jdcr was beaten by a unknown from Japan

yeah. noroma played good. he mentioned that he prepared long against jdcr. he trains with strong japanese players. his style is also different from saint. upsets do happen. you can't win all the time. but i like to see how noroma will do at future tournaments.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#10 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31474 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when I was younger, my cousins would get so pissed off because I'd always beat them by pressing the same button over and over again. lmao

#11 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: LOL, boys in my school always do that. Pick Eddie and randomly press all buttons. I always beat them via 10 combos, they're always so pissed because they can beat each other but none could even land 3 attacks on this girl xD

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#12 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31474 posts) - - Show Bio

@khael: In the online play for Soul Calibur 5, I'd recieve so much hate mail for picking Cervantes and only using teleporting attacks. I'd only block/dodge/deflect etc.

#13 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

Any steve fox mains out there? If so here's his combo breakdown video for beginners.

#15 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnus_carlsen3: I have to say, I hate eddy gordo and hwoarang with a passion.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
#16 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

Buff Lars again.

#17 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a good advice by another user. I also suggest you try learning Eddy and Hwoarang so you will be familiar with them

Hwo is one of those characters you generally need to do your research and practice on, sure its best to do it with every character, but you can ignore some and figure out their rough game plans with just play, Hwo is an exception, you don't practice your gonna get beat, luckily for us, the same goes for the Hwo player, if he doesnt practice, your gonna whoop him.

Hwo obviously has a crap ton of mixups, too many for me to even write every counter and detail in this post, but I'll give you a few things that hopefully will let you deal with Hwo better.

1. Be Aggressive, Hwo likes to be on the offense but his options are pretty limited if he's on defense, so if you play a character with good pressure game like Dragunov, Steve, Nina, this is probably your easiest and laziest option where you won't need to learn as much Vs Hwo, but this depends on your style and the Hwo player's own, this wont help much overall if they know what they are doing or your being too obvious.

2. Keep a Mid-Long distance away from him, Now in most cases this is the generally better option or your not a pure offensive based character, Hwo mainly has 3 moves he can use at this point, 4-5 if your prone to pressing buttons making you whiff. His brand new FF4 (Dunno input but its the new mid kick) is probably one of his best options now to get started with decent range and being safe, but it can be sidestepped and if too far away, leave him very open to be launched, His RS (Right Stance, dunno name) 3-4? A power crushing, CH launching, spin kick with a decent range and safe, but its duck-able. U/F 3+4,3 The quick jumping kicks Hwo's like to use to jump in at you when getting impatient or to try and surprise you randomly, bringing him forward into the close range he wants. the 3rd hit lets you punish him with jabs but most will stick with the first two which is safe, try to preemptively SS a lot so it'll miss like FF4. But that's roughly all he's got at this range annoy him with distance and they'll throw one of these out eventually. The other 2 moves are B3 and JFSR, which he'll use to whiff punish you at distance, if they throw out B3 normally, launch him for it. JFSR (Blue Spark Kick) is safe with its pushback, so don't bother and back away more.

3. The dreaded flamingo nonsense, the key to all of Hwo's offense is his ability to go in and out of flamingo quickly, both normal and right side versions, if he's got you in a flamingo mixup its going to be difficult to get out, generally a lot of his stuff is Low or High, so ducking can work if you guess right, most of his quicker safe transitions are from jabs, so jab back at him if you see him going back and forth from jabs into flamingo to stop him. he cant block in flamingo so if you can hit him, try with crouching punches though he does have ways to stop you trying that too so not the best option, your best chance is to try sidestepping him as he generally only has 1 tracking option and that's only on his right side version too I think, It can be difficult to know which way to step him but I've found a somewhat accurate way to know, watch for his raised flamingo leg, step towards it and you'll dodge the vast majority of his moves, though you'll need to be quick and jab him or better launch him before Hwo transitions into another attack with which he will automatically move himself to be able to hit you again putting you back where you started.

4, Lastly, learn his highs. Hwo has a ton of moves that have highs involved in them either at the end or middle of his strings, all of which let you punish him if done correctly, nothing new there, but why its more vital vs Hwo is because most of his highs if blocked give him advantage, ability to keep pressuring you and with the case of right side, FF3,4? he gets a free 2,B4. Learning his highs and punishing them will make Hwo's a little less button happy.

5. Avoid Walls, Seriously, Avoid them against a Hwo, if he gets you in a corner, you may aswell put the controller down.

#19 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123 said:

Here is a good advice by another user. I also suggest you try learning Eddy and Hwoarang so you will be familiar with them

Hwo is one of those characters you generally need to do your research and practice on, sure its best to do it with every character, but you can ignore some and figure out their rough game plans with just play, Hwo is an exception, you don't practice your gonna get beat, luckily for us, the same goes for the Hwo player, if he doesnt practice, your gonna whoop him.

Hwo obviously has a crap ton of mixups, too many for me to even write every counter and detail in this post, but I'll give you a few things that hopefully will let you deal with Hwo better.

1. Be Aggressive, Hwo likes to be on the offense but his options are pretty limited if he's on defense, so if you play a character with good pressure game like Dragunov, Steve, Nina, this is probably your easiest and laziest option where you won't need to learn as much Vs Hwo, but this depends on your style and the Hwo player's own, this wont help much overall if they know what they are doing or your being too obvious.

2. Keep a Mid-Long distance away from him, Now in most cases this is the generally better option or your not a pure offensive based character, Hwo mainly has 3 moves he can use at this point, 4-5 if your prone to pressing buttons making you whiff. His brand new FF4 (Dunno input but its the new mid kick) is probably one of his best options now to get started with decent range and being safe, but it can be sidestepped and if too far away, leave him very open to be launched, His RS (Right Stance, dunno name) 3-4? A power crushing, CH launching, spin kick with a decent range and safe, but its duck-able. U/F 3+4,3 The quick jumping kicks Hwo's like to use to jump in at you when getting impatient or to try and surprise you randomly, bringing him forward into the close range he wants. the 3rd hit lets you punish him with jabs but most will stick with the first two which is safe, try to preemptively SS a lot so it'll miss like FF4. But that's roughly all he's got at this range annoy him with distance and they'll throw one of these out eventually. The other 2 moves are B3 and JFSR, which he'll use to whiff punish you at distance, if they throw out B3 normally, launch him for it. JFSR (Blue Spark Kick) is safe with its pushback, so don't bother and back away more.

3. The dreaded flamingo nonsense, the key to all of Hwo's offense is his ability to go in and out of flamingo quickly, both normal and right side versions, if he's got you in a flamingo mixup its going to be difficult to get out, generally a lot of his stuff is Low or High, so ducking can work if you guess right, most of his quicker safe transitions are from jabs, so jab back at him if you see him going back and forth from jabs into flamingo to stop him. he cant block in flamingo so if you can hit him, try with crouching punches though he does have ways to stop you trying that too so not the best option, your best chance is to try sidestepping him as he generally only has 1 tracking option and that's only on his right side version too I think, It can be difficult to know which way to step him but I've found a somewhat accurate way to know, watch for his raised flamingo leg, step towards it and you'll dodge the vast majority of his moves, though you'll need to be quick and jab him or better launch him before Hwo transitions into another attack with which he will automatically move himself to be able to hit you again putting you back where you started.

4, Lastly, learn his highs. Hwo has a ton of moves that have highs involved in them either at the end or middle of his strings, all of which let you punish him if done correctly, nothing new there, but why its more vital vs Hwo is because most of his highs if blocked give him advantage, ability to keep pressuring you and with the case of right side, FF3,4? he gets a free 2,B4. Learning his highs and punishing them will make Hwo's a little less button happy.

5. Avoid Walls, Seriously, Avoid them against a Hwo, if he gets you in a corner, you may aswell put the controller down.

Thank you for this man. I really hate hwoarang and this helps.

#20 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Tekken 7 - Pokes, Frames & Sidesteps

Loading Video...

#21 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (2137 posts) - - Show Bio

ZAFINA IS GONE ! It ruined my life..

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#22 Posted by infantfinite128 (5729 posts) - - Show Bio

King is my boy!

#23 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

TEKKEN BEST MATCHES OF ALL TIME | PART 2

Loading Video...

#24 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Impressive Heihachi Mishima(very hard to use) by JDCR against Jeondding(best Chole in the word). This is VSL1 in Korea.

Loading Video...

#25 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

ZAFINA IS GONE ! It ruined my life..

Both of our favorite characters are gone :(

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
#26 Posted by ArranVidReturns (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

I played one Tekken game

and I realized that I can beat all the opponents if I just spammed the same button lol

#27 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

I played one Tekken game

and I realized that I can beat all the opponents if I just spammed the same button lol

Can't beat me :P

What Tekken game were you playing anyway?

#28 Posted by ArranVidReturns (1350 posts) - - Show Bio
@khael said:
@arranvidreturns said:

I played one Tekken game

Can't beat me :P

What Tekken game were you playing anyway?

I'm not sure

it was one of the first three Tekkens :D

#29 Posted by TheVoidofDeath (2137 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@arranvidreturns said:

I played one Tekken game

Sorry it means your opponents are not good at Tekken.

Tekken 7 Tips For Beginners - Breaking Throws

Loading Video...

#31 Posted by ArranVidReturns (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@arranvidreturns said:

I played one Tekken game

Loading Video...

No my opponents were CPU lol

also it was early Tekken i.e. it was Tekken 1,2 or 3

#32 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@magnus_carlsen3 said:
@arranvidreturns said:

I played one Tekken game

Loading Video...

No my opponents were CPU lol

also it was early Tekken i.e. it was Tekken 1,2 or 3

CPU is easy to beat. In Tekken against good human opponent, abusing the same move won't work. But against players who are not good, you can abuse a move and win. For example a low attack alone is enough to beat weak players because they are not good at blocking.

#33 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

How to Make Tekken a Lot Easier | Proper Defense Tutorial [TEKKEN 7]

Loading Video...

#34 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by xmenfallen (1557 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say I have an excellent gameplay when it comes to Xiaoyu and a decent Lee, but only on PSP. I suck at those arcade game consoles.

#37 Posted by SC (18115 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Tekken, it saddens me I don't have enough time to dedicate to it as much as I could in earlier games. Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 3, used to help me get lunch money at school. When I played religiously, I didn't really main a character, but King, Kazuya, Nina, Law, Heihachi, Bruce, Bryan were favorites. I use to be able to link throws effortlessly, and I loved fighting against Eddy's, because button mashing does not work in Tekken, if you actually know your characters abilities, and there are just so many at your disposal, as well as the games fluidity… so easy to punish button mashing.

I suck now though, just don't have the time to commit and I struggle to remember more than 20 basic moves or the ten string combos for my old favs. I still brought Tekken 7 played through the Story Mode, and unlocked all characters endings (though I didn't like the format or endings as much) and I practiced a few of the new characters, I like Josie. Probably won't play online too much, but glad that Tekken 7 was well received and excited about the bonus character announcements.

#38 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

I love Tekken, it saddens me I don't have enough time to dedicate to it as much as I could in earlier games. Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 3, used to help me get lunch money at school. When I played religiously, I didn't really main a character, but King, Kazuya, Nina, Law, Heihachi, Bruce, Bryan were favorites. I use to be able to link throws effortlessly, and I loved fighting against Eddy's, because button mashing does not work in Tekken, if you actually know your characters abilities, and there are just so many at your disposal, as well as the games fluidity… so easy to punish button mashing.

I suck now though, just don't have the time to commit and I struggle to remember more than 20 basic moves or the ten string combos for my old favs. I still brought Tekken 7 played through the Story Mode, and unlocked all characters endings (though I didn't like the format or endings as much) and I practiced a few of the new characters, I like Josie. Probably won't play online too much, but glad that Tekken 7 was well received and excited about the bonus character announcements.

Nice reading your experience. Josie is a cool character. Here is a good tutorial at using Josie.

Loading Video...

#39 Posted by SC (18115 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

King is my main but I was gutted to learn that my second Christie wouldn't be in the new one.

#41 Posted by ValorKnight (12223 posts) - - Show Bio

I main Steve Fox, Asuka Kazama, and Hwoarang.

#42 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

If you are a Tekken beginner and looking for an easy character to learn, Paul, Feng, Asuka, Lili and Katarina will do it for you. You can find many tutorials at youtube.

Katarina Guide

Loading Video...

#43 Posted by XLR87T3 (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

King is my main but I was gutted to learn that my second Christie wouldn't be in the new one.

Christie was just a copy of Eddie, and she was sweating 24/7 and sticky looking!

#44 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

How To Play Like a PRO Claudio! | TEKKEN 7

Loading Video...

#45 Posted by Marshall_Long (5648 posts) - - Show Bio

I play Tekken on Ps4. My mains are Miguel, and Lars.

#46 Posted by rahiem9123 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Tekken 7 FR Guide: Feng

Loading Video...

#48 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think will win the Tekken World Tour Finals?

http://www.strawpoll.me/14343116/r

#50 Edited by magnus_carlsen3 (555 posts) - - Show Bio