Swords or fists? Soul Edge or Devil Gene?

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

Which famous Namco fighting game do you like better, Soul Caliaber or Tekken? I personally like Soul Caliaber. They have a better story line, exclusive charecters,{Yoda,Darth Vader,Spawn Link and, ironically, Heniachi.}, and I can understand them!

Barguest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Barguest

Soul Calibur! I love playing as Ivy!!

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gottheit

Yeah, Tekken in the arcades made me angry. Soul Calibur on my Gamecube made me have fun...and made me get feelings when Sophitia came on the screen.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlock360

Soul Calibur, Nightmare of course

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gottheit

Astaroth. "DON'T SCREAM! WORMS!"

Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Bookman

Gottheit says:

"Astaroth. "DON'T SCREAM! WORMS!""

I love that quote!

Mighty Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mighty Magneto

Soul Calibur

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By fesak  Moderator

SC.

Mainly because i hate the juggling in Tekken. And it seems like they made it worse in Tekken 6. Argh!

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By zero edge

Tekken is the fighting game for men.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zero edge says:

"Tekken is the fighting game for men."

Agreed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

EpicNinja says:

"Well that depends on if you want authentic fighting style or of it you want sword play? I like Soul Calibur because there are less glitches over all. Most characters are balanced and if your not skilled you gotta GTFO. Tekken seems to have more outrageously power full characters and then some really meek chars. In other cases it has a lot of button mashing ability with characters that use TKD....*cough* *cough* But I haven't played Tekken 6 yet or Soul Calibur for the Wii, so I'm not up to date with the most recent. "

Actually Soul Calibur is way more unbalanced than Tekken.BTW Tekken 6 and SCIV aren't out yet and won't be for the Wii...ever.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Sparda

Compared to SC, Tekken is (I find) extremely slow.......I don't like the characters as much either, and they don't seem to have a large amount of progression from, like, 3 to 5 (cause the PS2 release of Tekken 5 had 1, 2, and 3 on it.......and lots of the characters seemed the same). Plus it's quotes are just hilarious ("I got you CATS!" ,"HWARAOH! Are you okay!?", "MASH!")

So, I'd have to say Soul Calibur, hands down.....

EpicNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EpicNinja

Well that depends on if you want authentic fighting style or of it you want sword play? I like Soul Calibur because there are less glitches over all. Most characters are balanced and if your not skilled you gotta GTFO. Tekken seems to have more outrageously power full characters and then some really meek chars. In other cases it has a lot of button mashing ability with characters that use TKD....coughcough

But I haven't played Tekken 6 yet or Soul Calibur for the Wii, so I'm not up to date with the most recent.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda

Vance Astro says:

"Actually Soul Calibur is way more unbalanced than Tekken.BTW Tekken 6 and SCIV aren't out yet and won't be for the Wii...ever."

Can't say that......the creators have said that they actually want to put SCIV on the Wii, and are working on the possibility.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Actually Soul Calibur is way more unbalanced than Tekken.BTW Tekken 6 and SCIV aren't out yet and won't be for the Wii...ever."
Can't say that......the creators have said that they actually want to put SCIV on the Wii, and are working on the possibility."

I haven't heard that...Got proof? Tekken has always been exclusive to Sony..since Tekken 1.Why would they put it on the Wii? Maybe SCIV will be,that's a possibility.Only Tekken Advanced has been on a Nintendo system.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

Vance Astro says:

"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
Can't say that......the creators have said that they actually want to put SCIV on the Wii, and are working on the possibility."

I haven't heard that...Got proof? Tekken has always been exclusive to Sony..since Tekken 1.Why would they put it on the Wii? Maybe SCIV will be,that's a possibility.Only Tekken Advanced has been on a Nintendo system."

I was only talking about SCIV. It was in an EGM or on 1up, just a little thing about how the creators were "keeping the possibility very much open", something like that.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Damn, this is a close one. I like both of them equally. I've been a Tekken fan for ages, and the same goes for Soul Caliber. I remember when Soul Caliber was Soul Blade. My opinion is that for high speed action and insane, beautiful manuevers, Soul Caliber's the way. But for realistic fighting, that's not ridiculously over exaggerated, I say Tekken. Tekken's fighting system is good, not overly complicated, and it doesn't move too fast for people with poor hand-eye coordination. Soul Caliber's a bit more complicated though and much faster. My issue is that In Soul Caliber, you can end a match in like 6-8 moves but in Tekken you actually have to work that person down. So it depends on my mood.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sparda says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Sparda says:
"Vance Astro says:
I haven't heard that...Got proof? Tekken has always been exclusive to Sony..since Tekken 1.Why would they put it on the Wii? Maybe SCIV will be,that's a possibility.Only Tekken Advanced has been on a Nintendo system."
I was only talking about SCIV. It was in an EGM or on 1up, just a little thing about how the creators were "keeping the possibility very much open", something like that."

Oh well I know Tekken is staying right where it's at.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Both games are good. Tekken is more serious. Soul Caliber is all-around fun. To be honest, I can't choose between the two.