Stranger Things 2 Official Discussion Thread

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Thor-Parker

Just finished this show, very entertaining and excellent performances with a very solid plot, feel free to discuss anything and everything regarding Stranger Things in here, hope you enjoy.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve & Mike are my two fave's, didn't get much Mike in S2 but holy-hell did we see some good Steve development.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thor-Parker

@thetruebarryallen said:

Steve & Mike are my two fave's, didn't get much Mike in S2 but holy-hell did we see some good Steve development.

Yeah, I noticed this, Mike was and still is one of my favorites, he was basically the main character in S1 but he barely had any development in S2, I mean, everyone had their own little story arc and journey whereas Mike didn't get much of development to be honest.

• Eleven went from being stuck in the cabin not able to go out, to slowly putting herself out there, to full on running away from home and finding the truth about her family, to being given a test of character about who she wants to be and then realizing she already had what she wanted, a family.
  • Will went from being a kid who just wanted to be treated normal, to a creepy host of the shadow monster, to a full-on spy and ended finally being free and treated normal the way he wanted since the start of S2.
  • Lucas had his own story arc about him getting closer and developing a bond with Maxine.
  • Maxine went from being an outcast b*tch, to being reluctant to be with the gang, to wanting to be a part of the gang and finally be accepted.
  • Dustin went from being in love with Maxine, to understanding she was in love with Lucas and doing what a true brother does, getting away from her, to him trying and failing to be a ladies-man, oh poor Dustin, it was heartbreaking to see him on the snow ball dance.

But Mike, he was stuck the whole season just waiting for Eleven to return, the only bits of development we got from him was when he interacted with Maxine, which showed us just how much he misses Eleven and what she meant to him, but they were so few that it just didn't feel like Mike got the development the others from the gang did. The actor is fantastic though, that kid is awesome, they should have given him more to do.

I totally agree with Steve Harrington being a surprising stand-out, now that's what I call character development.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is it better than the first one?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: I enjoyed both very much, hard to decide which season is better.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Season 2 sucked in my opinion.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kevd4wg  Online

I liked Season 1 more and I hate Mike he's so annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought season 2 was good but not on par with season 1. Season 1 was just perfect. It wasn't until the last episode that I felt the feels and awe of season 1. Anyway, I can't wait for season 3. But I really have to wonder what they'll do next? Will the main bad guy monster be back again? Idk.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrmonster

I loved Stranger Things season 2, except for episode 7, the 11 and 8 centric episode. It wasn't as good as season 1, but still great.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new trailer was great!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buuuuuuuuuuuump

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS for the Season 3 finale.

Do you guys think Hopper is still alive ? At the end we saw the russians opening some kind of cells and they said "no, leave the american" or something like that, and the Russian thug always referred to Hopper as "the American".

tanhausergate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Duffers left it open intentionally though I think it'd be a tremendous wasted moment in a way. The letter seemed to give a slight bit of closure for El and the Byers family. Though admittedly he did have a few extra seconds to go into that storage room before Joyce turned the key. Im curious if the Byers moving means they're not going to be in Season 4? I loved this season and this show has rapidly become one of my favorites. Everything from the soundtrack, to Max and Steve's banter, the kids adventures, and stopping the Mind Flayer really pay tribute to the 80s and feel right at home with Spielberg's work from the era.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tanhausergate:

I think the Duffers left it open intentionally though I think it'd be a tremendous wasted moment in a way. The letter seemed to give a slight bit of closure for El and the Byers family.

Agreed, as much as it pained me to see Hopper die, it was still an extremely well done scene, especially when Eleven read the letter that he wrote, that was gut wrenching, I literally shed a couple tears man, one of the most emotionally resonant scenes I have seen in a very long time.

Though admittedly he did have a few extra seconds to go into that storage room before Joyce turned the key. Im curious if the Byers moving means they're not going to be in Season 4?

They have to be, Joyce is awesome and I really liked Will this season.

I loved this season and this show has rapidly become one of my favorites. Everything from the soundtrack, to Max and Steve's banter, the kids adventures, and stopping the Mind Flayer really pay tribute to the 80s and feel right at home with Spielberg's work from the era.

Agreed.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Zetsu-San

@tanhausergate: Eleven went with the Byers too, so it’s unlikely that they are cut out of the show.