Statues of Historical Figures - Keep them or Remove them

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Statues of Historical Figures - Keep them or Remove them (24 votes)

Keep them 71%
Remove them 29%

Whether that historical figure had sins or not do we take their statue down?

• 
dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dernman  Online

Frack your black, white and no third options.

It depends.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Remove the ones of assholes who fought to keep slavery.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let people vandalise and graffiti them

I foresee the addition of a Cck n blls on the heads of certain statues

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Move them somewhere out of sight, not sure why we need to worship people who wanted us to be chained and saw us as less.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean it depends honestly. But in general keep them or move them to safe places.

I mean I've seen stupid people on the news vandalizing statues and monuments that are for black people so idk if this is a racial thing as much as just find a reason to destroy stuff.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seagod said:

I mean I've seen stupid people on the news vandalizing statues and monuments that are for black people so idk if this is a racial thing as much as just find a reason to destroy stuff.

In general, the protests are about BLM and directly engaging the topic of systematic racism and police brutality. There will always, however, be a lot of opportunistic assholes who hijack the movement for their own pleasures/ends.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mimisalome  Online

For me, historical monuments, statues, relics, ruins, structures should be preserved for historical/artistic reasons.

Though I prefer to put them in museums where they can be protected and be presented with context.

I think destroying them because their way of life is not compatible with our modern sensibilities is pretty dumb and judgemental.

People back then have different issues, worries, and priorities to consider.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By infantfinite128  Online

Keep them. They're better people than the ungrateful people nowadays who just destroy rather than build to help others.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't erase history. You can't erase what has happened. A country who attempts to erase their own history is doomed to repeat it. I'm not saying you should celebrate that history but you should never forget it.

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a strong argument for taking down confederate statues given the context of why most of them were erected. I'm more ambivalent about other statues or monuments. I kind of don't care.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Depends

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site needs a better polling system.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the continued exposure of past figures is doing more harm than good to the population, then just remove them and take them to a musseum or collection. You can't change the past, and you shouldn't hide it either, but you can certainly stop glorifying it.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the historical figure and if their good deeds outweigh their bad ones

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, historical monuments, statues, relics, ruins, structures should be preserved for historical/artistic reasons.

Though I prefer to put them in museums where they can be protected and be presented with context.

I think destroying them because their way of life is not compatible with our modern sensibilities is pretty dumb and judgemental.

People back then have different issues, worries, and priorities to consider.

This...../\

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AbstractRaze
@leonhardt said:

There's a strong argument for taking down confederate statues given the context of why most of them were erected. I'm more ambivalent about other statues or monuments. I kind of don't care.

The Confederacy isn't the face of slavery, nor it does represent slavery, it partially expresses an outdated way of living standards.

Slavery existed everywhere, before the United States was even founded, white people aka Caucasians were enslaved by Arabs, Turks, and Northern Africans, also by black people during the Islamic invasion against the West in Europe.

Before the civil war, there weren't Confederate leaders nor Union leaders, it all was America, and based on internal political differences, the civil war happened.

Before the civil war happened, slavery was a common thing, people couldn't inherently relate slavery with human degradation, because people were raised under those standards as a normal thing from everyday.

Slavery was an issue found in any civilization, that doesn't mean that those leaders that became part of the Confederacy did not do good things for America, with their flaws and all of that, they did a lot of good things.

George Washington owned slaves, does that mean that everything else he did as a founding father of the United States was bad?

-

People react with such sensibility because of ignorance, resentment and hate.

And the hate against Western historical monuments originates among unqualified foreigners/immigrants that came into the West due to the recent open borders policies, so they come in with resentment and hate against white people because of their own failure and ineptitude in their own homelands, of course, they are pissed to abandon their homelands and the best hypocrite way to express their suffering and loss, is by hating the West, while an educated and wealthy foreigner from the Third World wouldn't think like that.

It as well originated among the lowest class of black people in America, because I can guarantee you that most of the middle class and the upper or the wealthy black population in America, doesn't think like that.

So all that hate comes mostly from the bottom class and unqualified immigration in the West, total garbage people with 0 education and consideration that are easily manipulated by the media and politically correct ideologies from Left or the Neo-Liberals.

PS:

And hiding our historical monuments in museums because someone is hating our culture and historical development, it's cowardice and weakness, it's important to keep and make people aware from where we came from, and how things started in our countries, we won't surrender our identity, as SIMPLE AS THAT.

In my position, I'm totally fine if a civil war is declared against those that want to destroy my history and identity, I don't care if it is a weakminded landsman or not, I will do all the necessary to stop him and all the sc***ag behind.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put them in museums.

AdmiralThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan said:

You can't erase history. You can't erase what has happened. A country who attempts to erase their own history is doomed to repeat it. I'm not saying you should celebrate that history but you should never forget it.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do some foreigners keep butting into American topics with obvious misinformation.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth:

If you're referring to the statutes, they're being taken down everywhere not just in america.

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep all. Anyone that breaks down a statue should get deported

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This site needs a better polling system.

I think the guy making the poll simply should have created better options. He's clearly trying to be divisive.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TurtleTortoise

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

u have no say if u are not american anglo

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep all. Anyone that breaks down a statue should get deported

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw you wrote white American first, and then edited to say American Anglo.

So you're a white supremacist, too? Of course.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TurtleTortoise

@turtletortoise said:

Yeah, cause american italians or american albanians have no say either, what's fair is fair.

U go to ur mother homeland, never come back again & shit on ur own ancestors & their statues as much as u like.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:

Yeah, cause american italians or american albanians have no say either, what's fair is fair.

U go to ur mother homeland, never come back again & shit on ur own ancestors & their statues as much as u like.

The homeland of Anglo Americans is England, genius. It's in the name of the group. Anglo denotes English or Saxon.

The only people to whom America is even remotely a homeland are the Native Americans. They've inhabited America for 15,000 years, whilst Anglo Americans have been there for about 3% of that time.

So, if it's really about whose homeland this is, then the Native Americans should be the only ones who get say.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

The homeland of Anglo Americans is England, genius. It's in the name of the group. Anglo denotes English or Saxon.

The only people to whom America is even remotely a homeland are the Native Americans. They've inhabited America for 15,000 years, whilst Anglo Americans have been there for about 3% of that time.

So, if it's really about whose homeland this is, then the Native Americans should be the only ones who get say.

USA was created by anglo colonists, belongs to them, not anyone else. Not to mention those statues weren't brought down by native americans. No one has any problems with native americans, it's not they who are the problem.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

USA was created by anglo colonists, belongs to them, not anyone else. Not to mention those statues weren't brought down by native americans. No one has any problems with native americans, it's not they who are the problem.

You said that the people to whom America is a homeland are the only ones who deserve say. America is a homeland to only the Native Americans, because the Anglo people are from England. Therefore, by your own inane logic, only Native Americans should get to decide this issue.

And before you jump on this and accuse me of hating all the non-native Americans, let me say -- I don't believe only Native Americans are the only ones who should get to decide an issue like this. All Americans should get to decide on an issue like this. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep them.

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

You said that the people to whom America is a homeland are the only ones who deserve say. America is a homeland to only the Native Americans, because the Anglo people are from England. Therefore, by your own inane logic, only Native Americans should get to decide this issue.

And before you jump on this and accuse me of hating all the non-native Americans, let me say -- I don't believe only Native Americans are the only ones who should get to decide an issue like this. All Americans should get to decide on an issue like this. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is.

Anglos created USA, it's their homeland.

Non-anglos have no rights whatsoever, they should go home if they want political power. Go home!

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's a bona fide white supremacist for ya, folks ^

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

Non-anglos have no rights whatsoever, they should go home if they want political power. Go home!

Homeland means native land. Anglos are native to England. But clearly, there's no arguing with you. You might as well put on a white hood and burn a cross.

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze:

The Confederacy isn't the face of slavery, nor it does represent slavery, it partially expresses an outdated way of living standards.

Slavery existed everywhere, before the United States was even founded, white people aka Caucasians were enslaved by Arabs, Turks, and Northern Africans, also by black people during the Islamic invasion against the West in Europe.

Before the civil war, there weren't Confederate leaders nor Union leaders, it all was America, and based on internal political differences, the civil war happened.

Before the civil war happened, slavery was a common thing, people couldn't inherently relate slavery with human degradation, because people were raised under those standards as a normal thing from everyday.

Slavery was an issue found in any civilization, that doesn't mean that those leaders that became part of the Confederacy did not do good things for America, with their flaws and all of that, they did a lot of good things.

George Washington owned slaves, does that mean that everything else he did as a founding father of the United States was bad?

-

The part of your post that was directed at me has little if anything to do with what I said...

The statues have explicit white supremacist overtones, especially those that were put up during the Civil Rights movement as a screw you to black people basically. Even the ones erected before that don't exactly have a positive connotation, and Confederate statues in particular depict traitors to the country besides. And most of the rest of your post strikes me as inaccurate to say the least, but I have no interest in going there with you.

Good day.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze:

-

The part of your post that was directed at me has little if anything to do with what I said...

The statues have explicit white supremacist overtones, especially those that were put up during the Civil Rights movement as a screw you to black people basically. Even the ones erected before that don't exactly have a positive connotation, and Confederate statues in particular depict traitors to the country besides. And most of the rest of your post strikes me as inaccurate to say the least, but I have no interest in going there with you.

Good day.

He's probably gonna give you an essay about why minorities are ruining western culture. There'll be some graphs. And probably at least one pragerU video. Just a heads-up.

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: LOL. I've seen a number of his posts, so I can imagine the types of things to expect, not that I plan to continue. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: I mean there should be a change to keep people from being divisive. A mandatory “other” option, maybe.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AbstractRaze

@leonhardt said:

@abstractraze:

-

Good day.

White supremacists/Neo-nazis are people with low levels of education today and the part with "Overstones", no one cares about how things sound to you or not, facts are facts.

You have absolutely 0 levels of empathic prowess, because back in the days, a slave was a slave, it was no different than having cows, horses, sheep, pigs that were part of the farm, now I ask you, what do you think would happen if someone came into your property, and he takes all your livestock away, starts liberating your animals into the wild, wouldn't you be pissed? I mean, it's your investment and you took care of those slaves, you maintained those slaves and it's way more expensive to maintain a slave than any other kind of animal, because a human being needs high amounts of calories.

At that time people couldn't discern at all, such as we have farmers that emotionally bond to their horses, farmers that love their horses and that would kill for their horses, we had slave owners in the past that emotionally bonded to their slaves, not all slave owners treated their slaves horribly, sometimes it was harsh because one thought they were a bit over the common livestock from the farm.

It's broadly generalized.

Leonhardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze:

White supremacists/Neo-nazis are people with low levels of education today

This is true, but I don't think you see the irony of this statement.

and the part with "Overstones", no one cares about how things sound to you or not, facts are facts.

The underlined part is true, which is why you should educate yourself on the topic a bit more.

The rest is just you talking about slavery... I don't think there's much more to say. Like, it's not relevant to my point at all, friend.

Cybernetics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cybernetics

Keep it, so that way OP will be hurt and continue doing these threads.

Put them in Museums

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AbstractRaze

@leonhardt said:

@abstractraze:

White supremacists/Neo-nazis are people with low levels of education today

This is true, but I don't think you see the irony of this statement.

and the part with "Overstones", no one cares about how things sound to you or not, facts are facts.

The underlined part is true, which is why you should educate yourself on the topic a bit more.

The rest is just you talking about slavery... I don't think there's much more to say. Like, it's not relevant to my point at all, friend.

Stop playing the "endless spiral", start giving some foundation to your arguments instead of backing them with delusions, your feelings are meaningless, they have 0 validation.

Rather you generalize like a real uneducated without digging deeper, maybe because you lack the analytical prowess or because you are too lazy to put your brain under strain.

-

Yeah, the civil war wasn't solely because of slavery, but rather because of other socio-political and economic issues, however, traitors or not, wherever those confederate leaders were ruling, they took care of the people that were living on those territories, they assumed responsibility for them and they weren't traitors before the civil war, they did a lot of good things before such political differences took to place in America.

You can't cover the sun with your dumb, it's there and their efforts can't be denied with their flaws and all.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

Keep them. There's no reason to take them down. The people doing just that are pure scum. They want to damage property, come to my house and I'll damage them beyond repair.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AbstractRaze

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

Well, you are a bit extreme, because it's indeed a fact that the authority structure of the United States before its independence in 1776, was controlled by the British royal family and the British Parliament, so yes, the legislature was anglo but the first waves of immigration were composed by western European ethnics.

-

In 1607 the first successful English colony settled in Jamestown, Virginia. Once tobacco was found to be a profitable cash crop, many plantations were established along the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and Maryland.

Thus began the first and longest era of immigration, lasting until the American Revolution in 1775; during this time settlements grew from initial English toe-holds from the New World to British America. It brought Northern European immigrants, primarily of British, German, and Dutch extraction.

From 1700 to 1775 between 350-500,000 Europeans immigrated: the estimates vary in the sources. Only 52,000 English supposedly immigrated in the period 1701 to 1775, a figure questioned as too low. The rest, 400-450,000 were Scots, Scots-Irish from Ulster, Germans and Swiss, French.

-

We have as well to consider the state of Florida that was a Spanish colony in 1513, so, we have to agree that the legislature was Anglo, but the intellectual property of the United States was mainly composed of Western European ethnics and the black people that came in chains can be considered as legit citizen too, as slaves or not, they contributed to the foundation of the United States.

So, in short, Western people and the first waves of black slaves are the legit contributors to the foundation of the United States, because they were the first ones that worked for its foundation, both physically and mentally.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:
@turtletortoise said:

The homeland of Anglo Americans is England, genius. It's in the name of the group. Anglo denotes English.

Well, you are a bit extreme, because it's indeed a fact that the authority structure of the United States before its independence in 1776, was controlled by the British royal family and the British Parliament, so yes, the legislature was anglo but the first waves of immigration were composed by western European ethnics.

-

In 1607 the first successful English colony settled in Jamestown, Virginia. Once tobacco was found to be a profitable cash crop, many plantations were established along the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and Maryland.

Thus began the first and longest era of immigration, lasting until the American Revolution in 1775; during this time settlements grew from initial English toe-holds from the New World to British America. It brought Northern European immigrants, primarily of British, German, and Dutch extraction.

From 1700 to 1775 between 350-500,000 Europeans immigrated: the estimates vary in the sources. Only 52,000 English supposedly immigrated in the period 1701 to 1775, a figure questioned as too low. The rest, 400-450,000 were Scots, Scots-Irish from Ulster, Germans and Swiss, French.

-

We have as well to consider the state of Florida that was a Spanish colony in 1513, so, we have to agree that the legislature was Anglo, but the intellectual property of the United States was mainly composed of Western European ethnics and the black people that came in chains can be considered as legit citizen too, as slaves or not, they contributed to the foundation of the United States.

So, in short, Western people and the first waves of black slaves are the legit contributors to the foundation of the United States, because they were the first ones that worked for its foundation, both physically and mentally.

Hey there, Raze. Just so you know, I don't think this guy's talking about Western people in general. He's talking exclusively about Anglo-Americans (the dudes from England).

Also, @turtletortoise just so you know, Trump isn't Anglo/English. His ancestors are from Germany.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AbstractRaze

@wolverinebatmanftw: At the end of the day, Anglo-Saxons are part of the Germanic tribes, and England as a whole was composed by the English Angles, Jutes, and English Saxons.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

That's why when you come to Germany, "Plattdeutsch" which means Platt German, is still spoken among older German generations and on certain towns here in Germany, however, Platt German and English are very similar, of course, we have the old English variant that is even more similar.

The Germanic peoples are a big family, that shares a lot of vocabulary, and even pre-Christian traditions and history, at some point in history, we sealed together through the oceans, we drunk and shared food as brothers, there was no Luxembourg, there was no Germany, there was no Great Britain, no Netherlands, no Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, etc...

Trump's ancestry are German and Scots or Scottish, not sure if Trump's mother was one from both, because Scottish people are Celtic and Scots are Germanic, because part of Scotland's ancestry were Frisians or came from Scandinavia, also Sweden, Norway and Denmark and the other part were Celtic people those sharing more commonality with Irish people that are Celtic as well and both sides interbred as well.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze said:

@wolverinebatmanftw: At the end of the day, Anglo-Saxons are part of the Germanic tribes, and England as a whole was composed by the English Angles, Jutes, and English Saxons.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's why when you come to Germany, "Plattdeutsch" which means Platt German, is still spoken among older German generations and on certain towns here in Germany, however, Platt German and English are very similar, of course, we have the old English variant that is even more similar.

The Germanic peoples are a big family, that shares a lot of vocabulary, and even pre-Christian traditions and history, at some point in history, we sealed together through the oceans as brothers, there was no Luxembourg, there was no Germany, there was no Great Britain, no Netherlands, no Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, etc...

Trump's ancestry are German and Scots or Scottish, not sure if Trump's mother was one from both, because Scottish people are Celtic and Scots are Germanic, because part of Scotland's ancestry were Frisians or came from Scandinavia, also Sweden, Norway and Denmark and the other part were Celtic people those sharing more commonality with Irish people that are Celtic as well and both sides interbred as well.

I don't know why I'm bothering to argue semantics and heritage specifics here.

The fact remains that to suggest only Anglo people deserve the right to decide on issues like this is ridiculous and blatantly white-supremacist. But whatever, I guess.

Just think about it, Raze. You're defending and siding with a guy who thinks that non-Anglo people in America deserve no rights. He literally said it in post #31.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AbstractRaze

@abstractraze said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Germanic peoples are a big family, that shares a lot of vocabulary, and even pre-Christian traditions and history, at some point in history, we sealed together through the oceans as brothers, there was no Luxembourg, there was no Germany, there was no Great Britain, no Netherlands, no Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria, etc...

The fact remains that to suggest only Anglo people deserve the right to decide on issues like this is ridiculous and blatantly white-supremacist. But whatever, I guess.

That's not white supremacism, the United States was intellectually and physically founded by Western people and by black slaves (only physical), whos later on fully integrated into the West.

All the statues one sees in regard the most predominant contributors to the foundation of the United States, were white people from Western Europe, and the fact that you're trying to gain a point by saying that Trump isn't English but rather German, doesn't alter the equation, because at the end of the day, Germans and English people are brothers and both sides share a common history, even before our nations were founded, we shared food and water in times of need and we still do it today.

All the hate against white people in America, came from the outside, then it polluted the minds of some people in America including black people that might did not think like that in the past, nor their parents taught them to do that, but because the Left and the Neo-Liberal media is orchestrating this all in addition, American historical monuments, American identity is under attack and there are statues of prestigious black people in America as well.

WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze said:
@abstractraze said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That's not white supremacism, the United States was intellectually founded by Western people and by black slaves, whos later on fully integrated into West.

All the statues one sees in regard the most predominant contributors to the foundation of the United States, were white people from Western Europe, and the fact that you're trying to gain a point by saying that Trump isn't English but rather German, doesn't alter the equation, because at the end of the day, Germans and English people are brothers and both sides share a common history, even before our nations were founded, we shared food and water in times of need and we still do it today.

All the hate against white people in America, came from the outside, then it polluted the minds of some people in America including black people that might didn't think like that in the past, nor their parents thought them to do that, but because the Left and the Neo-Liberal media is orchestrating this al in addition, our historical monuments, our identity is under attack.

So the idea that only white people should be allowed to decide on issues like this isn't white supremacy? Alright.

Also, he literally said the words "Non-anglos have no rights whatsoever, they should go home if they want political power. Go home!"

I suppose you have some kind of weird justification to defend the comment that non-anglo people don't deserve rights in America, right?

And I really don't see how proposing to remove public statues that glorify a bunch of literal traitors to the state who wanted to defend slavery is an attack on anyone's identity.

And again, I don't hate white people, my dude. I like them in general. I just don't like the white people who literally fought to maintain slavery.

Rex318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a good video I agree with.

Loading Video...