Spartacus: Vengeance Trailer

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Edited By Aiden Cross

I know there are some fans on CV of the Spartacus show, so here's the new trailer for Spartacus: Vengeance!

Andy Whitfield will not be returning due to his illness, but the new actor looks to be doing a pretty good job. You can read the interview here.

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE IN THE VIDEO. So watch at your own discretion.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By utotheg38

jizz

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

YEEEEEEESSSSS...........

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross
@utotheg38: @White Mage: I KNOW! Looks freaking awesome! But it starts in januari 2012 so we have to wait for a while >_>
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By _Sojourn_

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By utotheg38

Puzzle Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Puzzle Master

YES!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aiden Cross

Was a little worried about Andy Whitfield not being in this, but seems my worries were totally misplaced. If you read the interview he seems like an incredibly nice guy =)

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Andras
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Andy Whitfield being replaced has put me off this series. Of course I'll give it a chance but the trailer really wasnt doing anything for me.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Gambler: It's not just Spartacus, it's Lucretia as well that peaks my interest. Especially this quote from the interview i linked at.

But, the season is called Vengeance, and Spartacus isn’t the only guy out for vengeance.” He pointed out the Lucretia, played by Lawless, was thought to be killed at the end of the first season. However, she’ll be back and looking for vengeance in a big way. “You may have noticed from the trailer, she looks a little off,” DeKnight said, referencing to the disheveled and sinister Lucretia in the teaser.

“She has lost her husband, she has lost, presumably, her child and all her dreams and all her status,” Lawless said.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Aiden Cross: Yeah its cool she survived and I'm curious to see what happens. But at the same time its a major let down and it really bugs me when actors are replaced for the same role.

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andras
@Aiden Cross said:
@Gambler: It's not just Spartacus, it's Lucretia as well that peaks my interest. Especially this quote from the interview i linked at.

But, the season is called Vengeance, and Spartacus isn’t the only guy out for vengeance.” He pointed out the Lucretia, played by Lawless, was thought to be killed at the end of the first season. However, she’ll be back and looking for vengeance in a big way. “You may have noticed from the trailer, she looks a little off,” DeKnight said, referencing to the disheveled and sinister Lucretia in the teaser.

“She has lost her husband, she has lost, presumably, her child and all her dreams and all her status,” Lawless said.

This is the only thing that Im not liking. They should have focused on Ilithyia.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Gambler: Well it's either being replaced or having no show at all. I loved Andy Whitfield as Spartacus, but with his illness and all he couldn't fill the role anymore. Hence he gave his blessing to continue the show without him. The Director even waited for him and made Gods of the Arena first.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Andras: I don't know, Lucy played Lucretia so well.. I really hated her character so that's the mark of a great character right there :P
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Aiden Cross said:

@Gambler: Well it's either being replaced or having no show at all. I loved Andy Whitfield as Spartacus, but with his illness and all he couldn't fill the role anymore. Hence he gave his blessing to continue the show without him. The Director even waited for him and made Gods of the Arena first.

I had heard he waited but I'm pretty sure he also said Gods of the Arena was planned ahead of time even before he got sick (could be wrong though). I understand the alternative, not really what I'm getting at. Its just a personal disappointment and long lived irritation with actors being replaced to play the same character. Of course it was the only option, doesn't mean I have to like it.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aiden Cross
@Gambler: Or it's your OCD popping up again :P But yeah, i get what you're saying =)
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By rogue_mar1e

F*** YES !!

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Achilles.

It wont be the same without Andy Whitfield.

COINRETURNSLOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By COINRETURNSLOT
@Achilles. said:
It wont be the same without Andy Whitfield.
I agree completely.  

From the trailer, it should at least be up to par with Spartacus: Blood and Sand & Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, plot/action-wise.
I know the casting change will bother me for a while, even if Liam does an amazing job in the title role.  Hopefully the plot can focus more on some of the other characters (*fingers crossed for Lucretia*) to distract from the fact that Andy is no longer Spartacus. 
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 456

#20  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

yummy !!! more Lawless yay !!! It looks insanely good but I'm really worried, that trailer showed a ton of action and what looked like a massive story and would be difficult to cram into a 12/13 episode season and still keep the same detail we are used to.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KDarkholme

Cant wait.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

"And the Gods shall weep for there suffering" awesome! big fan of Spartacus  

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iLLituracy

F*ck you, cancer. 

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aiden Cross
@pikahyper said:
yummy !!! more Lawless yay !!! It looks insanely good but I'm really worried, that trailer showed a ton of action and what looked like a massive story and would be difficult to cram into a 12/13 episode season and still keep the same detail we are used to.
Yup, I hope they can get it all in one season and make it look good =)