Sony says "congratz" regarding Xbox in E3 2015.

• 90 results
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@rpgesus said:

of course xbox won

You mean like when they announced the 'no sharing' feature of the xBox? :)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#52 frozen  Moderator

Halo 5 has me pumped.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram said:

@makhai said:

@maccyd said:
@makhai said:
@maccyd said:

@makhai: I doubt it was already built into their system, otherwise why would they not provide a service that they spent time installing?

You mean a patch? That's software. The ability to play Xbox 360 games was already there, the patch is just going to allow some 360 games to run on the system now. As developers and publishers agree to have their games run on the One, they will be added to the list of games that you can play. This is not praiseworthy at all. My point still stands. They could have launched with this no problem. Everything that was needed was already there. Just needed to lift the lock is all.

They needed to work on making the hundreds of titles compatible over time while adding Xbox 1 features to the 360 titles. The Xbox One uses completely different architecture than the 360 and work had to be put in to make those list of titles compatible, it's not just a simple unlock and hey presto, 360 games for everyone or they'd have included the feature originally.

Lol no they don't. They need a simple wraparound code and that's it. Christ, Mac and Linux nuts have been doing it for years for otherwise incompatible games. You are seriously jock-riding if you think they have to do anything with each individual title. They don't at all. It's a little bit of code that allows run codes for one system to play on another.

That's not true, they need to make games compatible by game. It's why the PS3 was only able to play a few PS2 games, and such. It's done game-by-game, not with one bit of code, and doing it game-by-game takes time.

Also, I'm a PC gamer, don't play Xbox nor PS4.

No. It isn't. Each game is designed to run on a specific system. They all have the same play codes. Look up the press coverage. They literally say all that Microsoft needs is for publishers and developers to give the approval for their games to be on the list for backwards compatibility. Can you find me even one article that supports the claim that they need to reprogram the game itself to be playable? Or that play codes need to be created for each individual game? That's not only nonsense, it's impractical nonsense. A PC gamer should be ashamed at themselves for having such an erroneous understanding on how games operate.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By Pyrogram

@makhai:

Microsoft initially announced that their next-generation Xbox console, the Xbox One, will not support reverse compatibility with Xbox and Xbox 360 games. However, in E3 2015 it was announced that backwards compatibility with more than 100 games will be available for the 2015 holiday season.

100 games; 100 GAMES.

100 GAMES.

100 games does not equal all games. It's games done one at a time, via an emulation profile.

Source;

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-to-be-backward-compatible-with-xbox-360-g/1100-6428114/

If it was a simple code, gamespot wouldn't say.

At Microsoft's end, all this will be made possible via a painstaking software emulation initiative.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Halo 5 won the show, because f*ck everything else.

Okay, maybe not Doom.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Okay, maybe not Doom.

Really?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Star Wars was a monster that game is going to sell crazy copies.

I am so happy as a PC gamer. Tons of Microsoft games coming to PC.

Also Tons of Playstation Games. Going to be broke this Christmas.

Tectonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we can all say the gamers won.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@laflux said:
@theacidskull said:

Okay, maybe not Doom.

Really?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:
@theacidskull said:

Okay, maybe not Doom.

Really?

I must be the only one not to care about anything else this year apart from Battlefront, and Witcher that is already out xP

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By makhai

Falcon PUNCH!

@pyrogram said:

@makhai:

Microsoft initially announced that their next-generation Xbox console, the Xbox One, will not support reverse compatibility with Xbox and Xbox 360 games. However, in E3 2015 it was announced that backwards compatibility with more than 100 games will be available for the 2015 holiday season.

100 games; 100 GAMES.

100 GAMES.

100 games does not equal all games. It's games done one at a time, via an emulation profile.

Source;

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-to-be-backward-compatible-with-xbox-360-g/1100-6428114/

If it was a simple code, gamespot wouldn't say.

At Microsoft's end, all this will be made possible via a painstaking software emulation initiative.

LOL You either need to read my post again, for failure to understand what I asked for, or you simply could not produce what I asked for and are trying to act like you are.

As I said already, look at the press releases. Games are added as publishers and developers agree to have them added. The opinion of some article writer does not equal facts. I can call any conversation with you painstaking in that it's like I'm talking to a teenager. That doesn't mean I actually am deserving of praise for doing so or that I actually accomplished something miraculous. How many of those titles are Microsoft-owned? Probably a lot.

Once again, games are done one at a time because they need permission from publishers and developers to put them on the Xbox One, as they only have rights to put them on the 360 ATM. Oy.... If you are only going to half-a$$ your research, don't even bother.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MakkyD

@pyrogram: Just leave him be, he particularly knows all about how a solid Xbox 360 emulator would work, which no PC party has ever created successfully.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jonez_

Ha were they being sarcastic? Sony smashed that show.

The Last Guardian solos

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Xbox had one of their best conferences in years, but Sony still won. Nintendo had a really poor outing this year.

This too

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: As I said to compare Mac and Linux to 360 and Xbox 1 makes no sense. The Architecture is difference, there's a reason why PC nuts are able to create Mac emulators and such, but there's no current way that users can smoothly play 360 games on a PC. Microsoft obviously spent most of that time developing a workaround for the massive use of resources, since standard emulation methods aren't able atm. There's a reason Sony is using streaming for their past games, since their servers take most of the resource load.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Yeah, it's pointless debating him. He debates for the sake of being right, even when wrong.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@w0nd said:

of course they did, the only people truly involved in the console wars are the consumers, who get no profit what so ever.

Every one wants an identity and some base their identity off of what they choose to game with.

which is fine, but those debates get out of hand real quick most of the time. If the competing companies have no problem acknowledging the other has some good stuff going on, then people playing the games should do. The majority of the people in those companies own other consoles and games.

(not directed at you, just a general statement)

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MakkyD

@w0nd said:
@albusan said:
@w0nd said:

of course they did, the only people truly involved in the console wars are the consumers, who get no profit what so ever.

Every one wants an identity and some base their identity off of what they choose to game with.

which is fine, but those debates get out of hand real quick most of the time. If the competing companies have no problem acknowledging the other has some good stuff going on, then people playing the games should do. The majority of the people in those companies own other consoles and games.

(not directed at you, just a general statement)

I think it's moreso the fact that most of these consumers can only afford or spend money on one console or so at a time and so they convince themselves they've chosen the "correct" one.

In actual fact, the "better" a rival company is doing, the more it benefits the customers since the law of competition means they usually up their game. Look at how much the Xbox One has improved since launch due to PS4 sales for example, it's having the best Xbox exclusive lineup year in a long while and is adding fan favourite features.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: hmm good point. People can be so douchey about it though that's the only downside haha

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120 said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Ha were they being sarcastic? Sony smashed that show.

The Last Guardian solos

Gamers won.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By makhai

@maccyd said:

@makhai: As I said to compare Mac and Linux to 360 and Xbox 1 makes no sense. The Architecture is difference, there's a reason why PC nuts are able to create Mac emulators and such, but there's no current way that users can smoothly play 360 games on a PC. Microsoft obviously spent most of that time developing a workaround for the massive use of resources, since standard emulation methods aren't able atm. There's a reason Sony is using streaming for their past games, since their servers take most of the resource load.

Oh really? Google Xbox emulators. You can find dozens of them. These are made by individuals, in their homes, with no budget at all and without having been the developers of this magical 'architecture' that is supposedly impossible to crack. The details are going to be different in how a wraparound code is made, sure, but the broad strokes are the same. You act like Microsoft cured cancer when all they did was either lift a previous lock on their system or they added a few new lines of code. Either way, it is hardly miraculous.

@pyrogram said:

@maccyd: Yeah, it's pointless debating him. He debates for the sake of being right, even when wrong.

Yeah, this isn't passive-aggressive or pathetic at all.

@maccyd said:

@pyrogram: Just leave him be, he particularly knows all about how a solid Xbox 360 emulator would work, which no PC party has ever created successfully.

Why is it that losers always band together to pat each other on the back? Quit coddling each other.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Never said there wasn't emulators, check my previous posts. They're really s*** and nowhere near the quality of Microsoft's own efforts. The resources needed to run such emulators means they're usually slow af even on super gaming PCs, nevermind Xbox One specs. Even the most stable emulators can run only a few games at top speed and they're usually XBLA titles.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_stegman  Moderator

So this is pretty much the Marvel and DC of gaming, huh?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 thedailybagel  Moderator

@frozen: amen. Blue team being in it is awesome. And buck, I like buck.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@makhai: Never said there wasn't emulators, check my previous posts. They're really s*** and nowhere near the quality of Microsoft's own efforts. The resources needed to run such emulators means they're usually slow af even on super gaming PCs, nevermind Xbox One specs. Even the most stable emulators can run only a few games at top speed and they're usually XBLA titles.

Yeah, you missed the point yet again. These emulators are created by regular guys in their bedrooms. Non-professional programmers with zero budget and zero access make these things and you think Microsoft deserves a medal for doing the exact same thing with just a bit more polish? I'm thinking of a word right now and it starts with fan and ends with boy.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@maccyd said:

Yeah, you missed the point yet again. These emulators are created by regular guys in their bedrooms. Non-professional programmers with zero budget and zero access make these things and you think Microsoft deserves a medal for doing the exact same thing with just a bit more polish? I'm thinking of a word right now and it starts with fan and ends with boy.

Considering I don't even own or play a Xbox, I agree.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@makhai: Idk which one is better, I have never played a One and don't plan on getting one since my experience with the 360 wasn't a good one while I have never had problems with any of Sony's console, but I do wish Sony would let us have that feature too lol

Red ring ?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: Might as well have been but no. I had it hooked up, and one day I went to turn it on to play and it just wouldn't turn on at all, it like died, so they eventually replaced it. So had my new one hooked up again (I also had my PS3 hooked up too) and we had a bad thunderstorm and I lost power, after the storm passed I went to try and play Prototype 2 on it, the damn thing wouldn't turn on yet again, so I had it replaced again, then like 6 months later the same thing exact thing happened, and I was super pissed off so I just trashed it and decided I wasn't even going to bother having it replaced again lol

I have no idea what was causing that to happen, but I was getting sick of it so I decided I was done with it.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox won in my opinion. But then again I'm a Halo and Gears fanboy. The rest of E3 was pretty good too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#81 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: amen. Blue team being in it is awesome. And buck, I like buck.

I can't wait until Blue Team interaction is fleshed out in the campaign. I really it'll be interesting.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Notice how they didn't say congratz to Nintendo :p

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far, it seems the real limitation will be to get publishers to say yes to uploading their games onto servers. The people saying "but it only has 22 games" aren't aware its in the Xbox Preview program, meaning it's not available to everyone. It's essentially in its infancy/beta form.

I also think an underrated factor is the return of demos to Xbox. You have access to early access, but BEFORE having to take that risk, you're given a chance to try it out.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@ultragreenboy: Might as well have been but no. I had it hooked up, and one day I went to turn it on to play and it just wouldn't turn on at all, it like died, so they eventually replaced it. So had my new one hooked up again (I also had my PS3 hooked up too) and we had a bad thunderstorm and I lost power, after the storm passed I went to try and play Prototype 2 on it, the damn thing wouldn't turn on yet again, so I had it replaced again, then like 6 months later the same thing exact thing happened, and I was super pissed off so I just trashed it and decided I wasn't even going to bother having it replaced again lol

I have no idea what was causing that to happen, but I was getting sick of it so I decided I was done with it.

I understand. I could swear I'm one of the only people that's never happened to and I've had mine since launch.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure what people are talking about, they where both pretty horrible. The lies, false advertisement, blind hype and the "objective" journalists in the crowd that cheered on everything short of a fart did not really leave a good impression with me.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultragreenboy: Yeah that's why I don't say 360 and xbox are bad or anything, because I know plenty of people have had theirs since launch with no issues at all, but for some reason my personal experience just wasn't a good one lol

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Mekboy

Microsoft or Bethesda won. If you're not blinded by nostalgia that is.

FF7 Remake isn't even an exclusive. And the Last Guardian isn't coming out anyway.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@ultragreenboy: Yeah that's why I don't say 360 and xbox are bad or anything, because I know plenty of people have had theirs since launch with no issues at all, but for some reason my personal experience just wasn't a good one lol

Same thing happened to my cousin. He has a PS4 now.

Avatar image for deathstroke_terminater
deathstroke_terminater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers