So, no more Christopher Columbus day. He was racist. Hello Indigenous Day.

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rahiem9123

@sirfizzwhizz: Having a Columbus day doesn't help anyone or mean anything. So, considering that Columbus was a genocidal f-wad, I have absolutely no problem with the LA City council decided to devote this meaningless day to the people whose lands were taken rather than so psychopath.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000

Cool. IDGAF lol

@rahiem9123 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: Having a Columbus day doesn't help anyone or mean anything. So, considering that Columbus was a genocidal f-wad, I have absolutely no problem with the LA City council decided to devote this meaningless day to the people whose lands were taken rather than so psychopath.

Pretty much this.

If you take offense to this you're a huge hypocrite looking for something to be offended by as you ironically trash the "snowflakes and crybabies" who you claim are too easily offended.

Seriously, nobody gave a shit about Columbus Day until the truth of the person "became" public knowledge. I'd rather side with the people who don't want to "honor" the psycho rather than the people who want to keep the day just be contrarian and difficult.

WTF kind of bullshit is Christopher Columbus to "white culture"?? Lol this has nothing to do with white people in general so stop being a snowflake.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@buttersdaman000 said:

If you take offense to this you're a huge hypocrite looking for something to be offended by as you ironically trash the "snowflakes and crybabies" who you claim are too easily offended.

WTF kind of bullshit is Christopher Columbus to "white culture"?? Lol this has nothing to do with white people in general so stop being a snowflake.

What does IDGAF mean?

Anyway, I guess I am a hypocrite. What was a national holiday is now demonize, and we need to change its name around after 80 years. No one had issues for 80 years, and now only after the coincidental taking down of "Confederate" statues we have multiple places demonizing Columbus and changing the name? This is not some white culture attack or related in anyway?

Meh, I do feel offended a bit. Call me a snowflake, I wear it proudly. Everyone else can get offended these days, why not me? This past year, Football players no longer have to stand for the National Anthem, no more confederate anything on display, no more Columbus day now. It seems more things change this year to piss on pre 2010 america traditions than anything. Maybe I am starting to feel old to what was.

Just How it seems to me. Where is my KKK hat. Voted Obama twice, but now I will be seen Alt Right :/ Oh well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder where the line will stop considering that the people of the past weren't so nice and don't meet some people's standards today.

Oh Mah Gah DESTROY MOUNT RUSHMORE!!!

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By brucerogers
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

@rahiem9123: I've edited it out this time but watch the F bombs, please.

I wonder where the line will stop considering that the people of the past weren't so nice and don't meet some people's standards today.

This just in: to be human is to be inherently flawed! ;)

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kevd4wg

I mean I don't really care it's just the name of a holiday. If anything one of the reasons I would take away Christopher Columbus day is that he wasn't the first person to discover America. That along with the fact that he was a genocidal racist makes me think eh maybe not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a694c5def8ac
deactivated-5a694c5def8ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care tbh

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uugieboogie

Ppl only care about the holiday because you get s day off from work/school. As long as we still get that day off after the name change who cares what it’s called. Christopher Columbers was a dh though.

Avatar image for thedarkknight9283
thedarkknight9283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Political Correctness rears it's ugly head again.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

As long as people get the day off the who cares?

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leif Erikson Day is better than Christopher Columbus Day.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#19  Edited By Outside_85

I wonder if those who complain about this change actually went out to celebrate Columbus, or if they just slept in for a day before having a beer in front of the telly?

Avatar image for thedarkknight9283
thedarkknight9283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@thedarkknight9283: So you're saying genocide and ineptitude deserve a holiday?

Christopher Columbus found America. If wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today. So to have a holiday to celebrate him is something be proud of.

Of course, the modern left wants the name change, they want to continue to force agenda down everyone, they know no limits. And I think it's really funny people are saying "Who cares about all this if we get off work?" when the "left" obviously cares otherwise they wouldn't change the name of the holiday.

I'm so sick of this world today and everything it stands for. We live in the most pathetic generation ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkknight9283:

Christopher Columbus never once even set foot in America, he found the Caribbean and part of central America.

Not only that but he killed 10000's of people looking for gold that was not even there doing it.

They sent him on the expedition to basically get rid of him because he was an idiot.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, Columbus did some horrible things. Really bothers me the Knights of Columbus take their name after him.

We should hand it over to the Sioux Nation. Its legally theirs anyway.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@thedarkknight9283: Wrong.

Columbus found a few Caribbean islands and never set foot in North America. Even if he had, Leif Erickson and others had been there and already discovered North America. In fact Columbus was so inept that to his death he believed he had sailed to the Indies and China. He grossly miscalculated the size of the Earth, something Eratosthenes had accurately known centuries earlier. Columbus would be nothing to celebrate even if he hadn't murdered, tortured, and enslaved hundreds of thousands and committed genocide against the natives, which he did.

The only thing pathetic is your ignorance of history. Try educating yourself before running your mouth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever, really

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@thedarkknight9283: So you're saying genocide and ineptitude deserve a holiday?

Christopher Columbus found America. If wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today. So to have a holiday to celebrate him is something be proud of.

Of course, the modern left wants the name change, they want to continue to force agenda down everyone, they know no limits. And I think it's really funny people are saying "Who cares about all this if we get off work?" when the "left" obviously cares otherwise they wouldn't change the name of the holiday.

I'm so sick of this world today and everything it stands for. We live in the most pathetic generation ever.

Dude, Columbus didn't find jack f'n squat. How do you find something that's already discovered? My biggest dog in this fight is the humor found in reasons why people actually care to keep Columbus Day. I have no strong feelings one way or the other, but gun to my head IP Day seems the least we do, because they're still here (despite several attempts by the government to basically erase them off the planet.) Nobody cares about Columbus, because in the grand scheme of things, his biggest contribution to history isn't even accurate to what happened.

@buttersdaman000 said:

What does IDGAF mean?

Anyway, I guess I am a hypocrite. What was a national holiday is now demonize, and we need to change its name around after 80 years. No one had issues for 80 years, and now only after the coincidental taking down of "Confederate" statues we have multiple places demonizing Columbus and changing the name? This is not some white culture attack or related in anyway?

Meh, I do feel offended a bit. Call me a snowflake, I wear it proudly. Everyone else can get offended these days, why not me? This past year, Football players no longer have to stand for the National Anthem, no more confederate anything on display, no more Columbus day now. It seems more things change this year to piss on pre 2010 america traditions than anything. Maybe I am starting to feel old to what was.

Just How it seems to me. Where is my KKK hat. Voted Obama twice, but now I will be seen Alt Right :/ Oh well.

Just because you spend a lot of time making a mistake doesn't mean you can't fix things. How long did people think the Earth was flat or that black people were property? Then someone came up with some new ideas, shiz happened, and here we are and while I'm not saying you can't be offended by that, my question then becomes why you're so invested in Columbus Day? It's not like Christmas or even Labor Day. Maybe I'm a bit salty cause I didn't even get the day off, but Columbus Day is hardly a big deal. Certainly not a hill worth dying on.

Don't get me wrong, while I didn't watch it much, I never thought the Dukes of Hazard was racist cause of a car, so I can say this kind of thing gets out of hand. With that said, technically the Confederacy were traitors so it does seem odd we'd have statues of any figure that was a go-hard Fed.

Still, this is a free country and it appears to me, even the majority of veterans who fight for this country are perfectly fine with Football players not standing up for the anthem. It's literally what they signed up to fight and die for. The right to free speech. And it's not even hurting anyone, but doing exactly what it's meant to do by bringing awareness to the issue people are protesting (for the most part).

My point is, times change. Now, quicker/more than ever. It's easy to want things to remain familiar, but I think it's important to approach things with an open mind and really get to the heart of why people want to change things.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

What does IDGAF mean?

Honestly, do you really care about Columbus?? Seriously?? This is like when white people get truly rustled when others tell them not to say the n-word (around them) like one word truly affects their lives. If someone feels strongly enough about something to the point where they try to affect change about it, while you're just being contrarian because you don't want them to have their way, you're a dick. Also, did you read the articles you posted?? People have been trying to change Columbus day since the early 90's.

Just because Columbus was white doesn't mean this is an attack on "white culture".

Why can't you get offended? Get offended all you want. I actually see your logic for being against the removal of confederate statues even though I think it's wrong. I don't see any actual logic here. I just think you want to be offended by anything the "other side" does. You have a super strong "us/me vs them" mentality which is a damn shame.

Also, nobody has to stand for the National Anthem. You love reminding people you're a vet, yet you don't even understand the ideals you fought for. Shame.

Also, it means "I don't give a f**k"

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I don't agree with that, I cared a lot about Colombus Day, it got me a free day off from school as a kid.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

Ehhh....Americans....not really a big thing here, more like overreaction.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I don't agree with that, I cared a lot about Colombus Day, it got me a free day off from school as a kid.

lmao

"In 14 hundred and 92 Columbus gave us a day off of school"

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By conner_wolf

@buttersdaman000: Yeah pretty much.

I mean, yeah Colombus 'discovering' America is why we are all here now, and that's important, but no more important than a lot of history.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDGAF.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But indigenous people killed many Americans back in the day.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

You not a racist wizz, changes are always weird even if is for the better. But yes I see you as an alt right :-p. Is hard not to.

That being said, who cares. I never care about the holiday except getting out of school, which I no longer care as an adult. The holiday was flaw, and it was just bound to happen.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be change. People just do not like the truth should have been change ages ago.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm all for having a National Holiday celebrating historical madmen it makes us (America) feel more adult and in touch with are culture, I mean why not celebrate our infamous? Most other countries do celebrate at least a couple of individuals that make Columbus look like a stand up guy. But we're supposed too disrespect our history and pretend the bad stuff never happened. How about instead of changing the Holiday were simply change the way we celebrate it. Make Columbus Day a day of reflection on what we all have and what was sacrificed getting to where we are now, instead of pretending none of it happened like children.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't really roll off the tongue as well.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 juiceboks  Moderator

I mean..he was racist. Unapolegetically so, not even accounting for the atrocities linked to his actions. The whole reason why we made it a holiday is to whitewa-I mean sugarcoat history to make America look better.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lunacyde  Moderator

@cable_extreme: False equivalency. There's a difference between fighting off people invading your land and systematically raping, maiming, and killing a group of people because you want to take their land and it's resources.

If you can't understand the distinction I'm afraid there's not much that can be done for you.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lunacyde  Moderator

@naamah_obyzouth:

The point is not pretending it didn't happen, in fact that is exactly the opposite of the point. The individuals who want to pretend it didn't happen are the ones who want to keep Columbus Day.

Holidays are celebrations, that is their primary function. The purpose of a holiday is to honor and celebrate something. The point is to not celebrate a genocidal maniac who was completely inept and morally bankrupt.There are places and times to remember what happened. History textbooks and classes, museums, educational programs. Those are the places appropriate to remember Christopher Columbus and his atrocities, not a day in his honor. Those are the places where history is being whitewashed and forgotten.

We don't honor and memorialize Hitler, we honor and memorialize his victims. The same should hold true for Columbus.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

National Indigenous Day? So, we hate immigrants who entered the country without an invite from 500 years ago, but love them if they entered today?! I'm confused.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@just_sayin: I'm not sure you understand what indigenous means, because your comment makes no sense.

Also, the complaint isn't about immigration, it's about genocide.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 juiceboks  Moderator

@just_sayin: What the hell does immigration have to do with anything said so far?

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I don't get Columbus day off so I guess it can't really be that important after all.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By just_sayin

@lunacyde: Columbus was an immigrant to the continent. Why hate him for his immigration status? So what if he didn't conform to the culture and expected others to accept his ways as their own? Stop hating on the immigrants!!!! Indigenous Day is SO racist and exclusionary!!!!!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@just_sayin: no one hates him for his immigration status. They hate him for the systematic rape, maiming, and murder of hundreds of thousands of natives.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should get rid of Columbus day serves no purpose but to change it with ingenious people day is a little much could you imagine a white people day they should just get rid if it all together

And in regards to statues I think they should be taken down but not destroyed history should be remembered so we can remember mistakes and make a better tomorrow

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 juiceboks  Moderator

And then there's the "what about a white people's day" comment.