So Mayweather vs McGregor, who do you think will come out on top?

• 160 results
tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll So Mayweather vs McGregor, who do you think will come out on top? (73 votes)

Mayweather 81%
McGregor 19%
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Mayweather in a comedy show.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mayweather

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who actually picks Conor to win is a delusional fanboy or a simple casual. If Conor somehow does manage to win fair and square (which won't happen), I will either stop posting on this forum forever or ask a mod to ban me for a few months.

B-b-but Conor would destroy Floyd in a mma fight..... Yeah obviously and that doesn't apply here and is irrelevant, since this is a boxing match.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Mayweather, not even up for questioning.

Avatar image for celestialarcher
CelestialArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CelestialArcher

Greatest defensive boxer in history vs a top UFC fighter in the boxing ring? How is this a debate?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logic side of by brain tells me Mayweather should win. My heart wants Conor to knock him on his a$$

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Mayweather will win, this has nothing to do with fighting skill, the match is already predetermined. Conor has nothing to lose, so if he goes down, he can say it was because it was a boxing match, he'll keep his dignity and Floyd keeps his undefeated streak.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logic side of by brain tells me Mayweather should win. My heart wants Conor to knock him on his a$$

Mayweather will win, this has nothing to do with fighting skill, the match is already predetermined. Conor has nothing to lose, so if he goes down, he can say it was because it was a boxing match, he'll keep his dignity and Floyd keeps his undefeated streak.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want gregor but Floyd will probably win after 12 rounds. if it doesn't make the distance, Connor won.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mayweather. It's a silly idea, though; I expect the fight will be very disappointing.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By dshipp17

I kind of stick with my original comments in an earlier thread; however, during a Celebrity boxing match that I came across involving Shaq and Oscar Dela Hoya and Shane Mosley, it's possible that McGregor could make this a better fight than I originally gave him credit, as Shaq also had no boxing experience (or any other professional fighting experience, unlike McGregor in terms of other professional fighting experience), that I know of, but could check, and did quite impressively.

But, that being said, although miracles can happen, I see no prospects of McGregor wining this fight, having no fighting experience, coupled with going up against a fighter who remained undefeated throughout his professional career; there are just no realistic prospects, but, due to how Shaq performed, maybe we'll get a surprise, decent fight, as opposed to the spectacle that I'd originally envisioned where Mayweather just completely dominates the fight, if McGregor could just simply get a silver lining under his cap by at least staying on his feet for 12 rounds or whatever, where the points card would just be completely out of reach or in another galaxy (talking something like 400-4 or something).

Loading Video...

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anyone who actually picks Conor to win is a delusional fanboy or a simple casual. If Conor somehow does manage to win fair and square (which won't happen), I will either stop posting on this forum forever or ask a mod to ban me for a few months.

B-b-but Conor would destroy Floyd in a mma fight..... Yeah obviously and that doesn't apply here and is irrelevant, since this is a boxing match.

As someone who wants Connor to win but believes he wont I'm going to hold you to that.

ColossalSam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My money is on Mayweather

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Conor, but he won't.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anybody ends up getting the KO, it will be Connor. But that's prolly not gonna happen and if it comes down to points, which im 99.9% sure it will. Mayweather wins everytime, he made his career off points.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mayweather. Conor barely outboxed Diaz.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floyd takes the win. I'm sure Conor is exceptional by amateur boxing standards but not remotely comparable to a guy who's made the best pro boxers look like amateurs. Those press conferences were more entertaining than the actual fight will be, and they didn't cost $100 to watch.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mayweather ftw

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By jumpstart55
  • I,m a missive fan of both....But i dont see Mcgregor beating someone as defensively skilled as Floyd who will see Conors punches coming a mile away.
  • And while the argument can be made that hes older and has been retired for two years...But unlike most older fighters past their prime, Flyod has sustained hardly any head trauma(Its truly remarkable how little damage to the head Floyd has taken in a 20 year boxing career)...And becuase of his clean living lifestyle free of Drugs and Alcohol its very easy for him to get back into shape... The fight will be interesting because of the spectacle, but the fight itself will be very boring with Flyod dancing around the ring,constantly punching at Conor and landing blows via flawlessly breaking through Conors rudimentary defense...While Conor lands a few body shots and maybe a chin graze...But ultimately he will get effortlessly out boxed.
Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Conor is practically hogtied in terms of fighting in this bout. Mayweather, as much as he's older, etc, etc, is heads above McGregor in boxing skill. Which is too bad because I'd love for him to get pulverised.

Also, there is no way Conor would be allowed to win (not that he would, but just saying) because, come on now. Like it'd be allowed. Still looking forward to the fight. This is pure entertainment.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Connor gets his shit pushed in.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zr0c00l

@dshipp17 said:

I kind of stick with my original comments in an earlier thread; however, during a Celebrity boxing match that I came across involving Shaq and Oscar Dela Hoya and Shane Mosley, it's possible that McGregor could make this a better fight than I originally gave him credit, as Shaq also had no boxing experience (or any other professional fighting experience, unlike McGregor in terms of other professional fighting experience), that I know of, but could check, and did quite impressively.

But, that being said, although miracles can happen, I see no prospects of McGregor wining this fight, having no fighting experience, coupled with going up against a fighter who remained undefeated throughout his professional career; there are just no realistic prospects, but, due to how Shaq performed, maybe we'll get a surprise, decent fight, as opposed to the spectacle that I'd originally envisioned where Mayweather just completely dominates the fight, if McGregor could just simply get a silver lining under his cap by at least staying on his feet for 12 rounds or whatever, where the points card would just be completely out of reach or in another galaxy (talking something like 400-4 or something).

Youre aware that those werent serious fights and shaq is massively larger then both those guys right?

No Caption Provided

Mcgreggor doesnt have that kind of weight/height/reach advantage that shaq had. and both boxers beat shaq.

Avatar image for deactivated-599f6d401e919
deactivated-599f6d401e919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Shaq, a basketball player with no fighting experience being compared to Connor? For the reach comparison? That's silly

Anyway, Mayweather should win

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Mayweather is most definitely going to win, but I'll be extremely happy if I'm proven wrong.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both win the losers will be the ones who actually pay to see this fight

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Too right! I'll wait for the highlights.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dshipp17

@zr0c00l said:
@dshipp17 said:

Youre aware that those werent serious fights and shaq is massively larger then both those guys right?

No Caption Provided

Mcgreggor doesnt have that kind of weight/height/reach advantage that shaq had. and both boxers beat shaq.

Sure, I'm just saying that Shaq weathered some good shots and gave good shots; sure, I know Shaq lost, but the score cards were very (and surprisingly) close, as is implied by my prior post.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

Sure, I'm just saying that Shaq weathered some good shots and gave good shots; sure, I know Shaq lost, but the score cards were very (and surprisingly) close, as is implied by my prior post.

They were glorified sparring matches at best. not a real competition. weathering shots with 150lbs+ weight advantage shouldnt be much of an accomplishment either.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24 said:

lol Too right! I'll wait for the highlights.

im gonna just stream it.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dshipp17

@zr0c00l said:
@dshipp17 said:

They were glorified sparring matches at best. not a real competition. weathering shots with 150lbs+ weight advantage shouldnt be much of an accomplishment either.

Shaq was taking some very nasty uppercuts; that's not something that you can just brush way (a weight and height advantage means nothing, if you're getting the Zoobilee Zoo knocked out of you, by someone who's a pro at hitting people, and that means nothing concerning someone's size, if they're professionals at boxing and experienced/skilled at throwing punches).

Loading Video...

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floyd. Clearly.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@zr0c00l said:
@dshipp17 said:

Shaq was taking some very nasty uppercuts; that's not something that you can just brush way (a weight and height advantage means nothing, if you're getting the Zoobilee Zoo knocked out of you, by someone who's a pro at hitting people, and that means nothing concerning someone's size, if they're professionals at boxing and experienced/skilled at throwing punches).

bruh, i forgot youre the guy that believes everything he sees on tv and thinks shows like ghost hunters are real. Obviously you dont get that they were pulling their punches and it was for show stop taking television at face value its just for entertainment.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, Mcgregor has surprised us before so I'm going with him

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh, I think Mayweather should win. But I wouldn't rule out McGregor just yet, he's beaten the odds before.

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a boxing match right?

The bigger douchebag wins aka Floyd

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Conor will beat Mayweather, mark my words!

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Conner wins in an upset

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Who actually voted McGregor lol?

Well other than these 2 .^

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok! I'm marking your words!

I'm sure Floyd Lameweather will win though

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman

@arranvidreturns said:
@cable_extreme said:

Ok! I'm marking your words!

I'm sure Floyd Lameweather will win though

Are you as sure about Floyd beating Conor as most were about Clinton beating Trump?

Not saying I think Conor will win but it's the same year.

I don't think he'll win but I really want him too.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@lunacyde: if Mcgreggor wins, I'm going to post your post like 10 times in max font. Lol

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @arranvidreturns: he has already won with the amount of money he is getting, however I think his physicality, and his unorthodox mma punching style may be in his favor against a guy who fights primarily boxers.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone is getting knocked out

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: @arranvidreturns: he has already won with the amount of money he is getting, however I think his physicality, and his unorthodox mma punching style may be in his favor against a guy who fights primarily boxers.

I have no interest in the money. I just want this entertaining loudmouth underdog to beat that boring and favored to win ass

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@dernman: ohhhh I am so with you! I want Mayweathers last fight to have him lose (while still gaining the money to pay back IRS) to prove all of those meanies wrong out there claiming the fight should be stopped for McGreggors safety. That ticks me off and makes me root for McGreggor.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme: Wait are you being serious? People are saying that the fight should be stopped for his safety?

Have these people ever watched MMA? Have they ever watched Mayweather fight?

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt anyone is getting knocked out

Anything can happen these days

Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor has no chance, no chance what so ever, 0% of a chance.