• 56 results
Avatar image for death_certificate
#1 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Long live Snoop Lion suckers

Snoop Dogg has officially dropped the Dogg act and upgraded his name to "Snoop Lion".

The rapper says he underwent a spiritual and artistic rebirth while in Jamaica where he was given the new moniker by Rastafarian priests.

Legally he isn't any sort of animal, of course, but must go by the name Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.

"I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion" Mr Broadus Jr told journalists at a news conference in New York.

"I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, 'Snoop Dogg.' And he looked me in my eyes and said, 'No more. You are the light; you are the lion.' From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there."

The 40-year-old said as a result of his reincarnation, his new album will be a reggae record as he finds rap no longer "a challenge."

“There comes a point where you say I done it all, or there isn’t much more to do,” he said. “This was like a rebirth for me.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f--- with me in rap ... I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

I have always said I was Bob Marley reincarnated.I feel I have always been a Rastafari. I just didn’t have my third eye open, but its wide open right now.”

Broadus Jr is currently working on his fifth album, Reincarnated, which is strictly a reggae project.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/snoop-no-longer-a-dogg-now-a-lion/story-e6frfn09-1226439599529

Can't be any worst than his recent raps songs right?

#2 Posted by King Saturn (222958 posts) - - Show Bio
I really thought this n!gga was dead...  
]=
#3 Posted by cattlebattle (17680 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL....famous people are so disillusioned

#4 Posted by AweSam (7534 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already going senile.

#5 Posted by the_stegman (40186 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...why Lion? he had a Dog motif, why not "Snoop Wolf"?? 

#6 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: I don't think he's senile, he just smokes a lot of dope.

#7 Posted by SoA (6246 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

lol

#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
I really thought this n!gga was dead...  ]=
This.

"...his new album will be a reggae record as he finds rap no longer "a challenge."

-___-
#9 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

I really thought this n!gga was dead... ]=

This

#10 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@King Saturn said:

Well his rap career is =P

#11 Posted by Raiiyn (3682 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Wait...why Lion? he had a Dog motif, why not "Snoop Wolf"??

He realized felines were better...

#12 Posted by nickthedevil (14909 posts) - - Show Bio

Cats suck.... Misleading title isn't good either, man :P i came here to read an obituary.

#13 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17181 posts) - - Show Bio

More and more you realize that Snoop is no different than that pot head you went to to high school with. You know, the one who would roll blunts in the back of the class and do really stupid sh*t but you still had to appreciate the guy?

#14 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

More and more you realize that Snoop is no different than that pot head you went to to high school with. You know, the one who would roll blunts in the back of the class and do really stupid sh*t but you still had to appreciate the guy?

Agreed.

#15 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Wait...why Lion? he had a Dog motif, why not "Snoop Wolf"??

Its a Rastafarian thing.

#16 Posted by superstay (12549 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang dude, I thought the Snoop was really dead. I'm over here thinking "Man my mother is gonna be sad when I tell her".

d~_~b

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
#17 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (21616 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@King Saturn said:
This.

"...his new album will be a reggae record as he finds rap no longer "a challenge." -___-

BWAHAHA.

#18 Edited by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: yes it is a rastafarian thing,and i know (not a rastafarian but a Jamaican and knows from personal experience) ,but honestly,snoop dog you did not open a 3rd eye,you just became brain dead from all that pot and @$$ juice blowing in your face....and i hate how people nowadays are now trying to find a new trend in jamaican things,LEAVE US ALONE,because the media is a bunch of greedy,disrespectful idiots who only do things for money and fame.With that said,he should (better) do good,however if it is some generic american crap to "sound" like reggae,or be like what we think reggae to be like than i will punch him in his eye.And i know somebody is gonna reference jamaicans and weed,but funny..look at jamaican schools and see if you see alot of kids smoking weed,however look how much american (even ghetto people,who i am also mainly talking about) smoke in middle school alone.And i swear i know some retarded american is gonna rub up on reggae and jamaicans and act like they are born jamaicans,they are not,they are gonna get the plasma beat out of them and bleed from their noses,point being,it's best if they stick to what they like,if they like reggae so be it,if not,don't try to be 1.

sorry to tell you the venting,just wanted to get that out...i'm sorry,i hope i don't turn this into a race/nationality thing,but i'm just saying,americans are 1 to look down on other cultures and make fun of them (the jamaican stereotypes) and then they want something good in return...just 1 of the reason i hate americans,of course not all,many,or even most,i like.

also no offense to them,actually,no offense intended...but jesus himself knows i HATE ghetto people.

AND no offense intended again,but i REALLY hate Caucasian people who swear they are Jamaican or Rastafarian,i don't feel bad when they get beat up the color of the us flag....i am evil >:3

(there are some who can pull it off and are fine,but there are some who are terrible at it and are just too fake,they are the elephant in the room everywhere and downright annoying and obnoxious)

#19 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83 said:

@Death Certificate: yes it is a rastafarian thing,and i know (not a rastafarian but a Jamaican and knows from personal experience) ,but honestly,snoop dog you did not open a 3rd eye,you just became brain dead from all that pot and @$$ juice blowing in your face....and i hate how people nowadays are now trying to find a new trend in jamaican things,LEAVE US ALONE,because the media is a bunch of greedy,disrespectful idiots who only do things for money and fame.With that said,he should (better) do good,however if it is some generic american crap to "sound" like reggae,or be like what we think reggae to be like than i will punch him in his eye.And i know somebody is gonna reference jamaicans and weed,but funny..look at jamaican schools and see if you see alot of kids smoking weed,however look how much american (even ghetto people,who i am also mainly talking about) smoke in middle school alone.And i swear i know some retarded american is gonna rub up on reggae and jamaicans and act like they are born jamaicans,they are not,they are gonna get the plasma beat out of them and bleed from their noses,point being,it's best if they stick to what they like,if they like reggae so be it,if not,don't try to be 1.

sorry to tell you the venting,just wanted to get that out...i'm sorry,i hope i don't turn this into a race/nationality thing,but i'm just saying,americans are 1 to look down on other cultures and make fun of them (the jamaican stereotypes) and then they want something good in return...just 1 of the reason i hate americans,of course not all,many,or even most,i like.

also no offense to them,actually,no offense intended...but jesus himself knows i HATE ghetto people.

AND no offense intended again,but i REALLY hate Caucasian people who swear they are Jamaican or Rastafarian,i don't feel bad when they get beat up the color of the us flag....i am evil >:3

Alot of anger and hate with that post...

#20 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: UGH ANGER....HOW DARE YOU *slowly moves in to the back of your house,ready to enter the house catwoman style undetected*

but it was for however you read it,if you read for laughs you could laugh,which is also intended,but i didn't intend for someone to think of it as an angry post...which is why i didn't write in all caps

#21 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: That all depends on how somebody reads your message

#22 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: yup,but i cannot really control how they read it...well i sorta can,but when nothing is really implied then it's kinda difficult and not in my reach

#23 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: ok now that i reread it it has references to me being mad,which is true...but then i added some funny (or in my opinion funny) things to lighten the mood,also their is some mistakes in there,but mostly,i want people to know i didn't mean that as a race/nationality seperator,but basically be who you are,if you like reggae,or rap or whatever that's cool,if you want to be a rastafarian,fine...but don't wear cheap dreadlocks and a rasta colored hat and then start smoking pot and hanging with jamaicans and adding mon' at the end of your sentences because it won't end how you think and it's downright annoying...because if americans saw a stereotype of them in another country,they may even resent the country..like the fat stereotype,with many it is genetic or there is a valid excuse,with others...it is because they don't care for their bodies and they just eat and live (somewhat) "pampered" lives,there is no excuse really.....they can go on a diet *gasp*

which can be difficult,but if you want to try the fake diet programs than go on.

#24 Posted by umbrafeline (5919 posts) - - Show Bio

lion? makes no sense. he is the d-o-double g. he should be snoop wolf or dingo or hyena or coyote or some sort of dog-related animal

#25 Posted by cameron83 (8548 posts) - - Show Bio

@umbrafeline: pot is 1 hell of a drug

#26 Posted by umbrafeline (5919 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: only to those who cant handle it. other than that its like candy :-P

#27 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I can see how snopp's attitude with the reggae can piss people off if the shoe was on the other foot, but only time tell if snopp is being real or fake about this new direction.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
#28 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (11278 posts) - - Show Bio

I been said 2012 was the ....

#29 Posted by ShadowKing (1324 posts) - - Show Bio

Snoop Dogg is the best rapper in the history of history.

#30 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

You got me all excited for a second, there..

#31 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

This sh!t crazy.

Well, He died along time ago for me.

#32 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44280 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

This sh!t crazy.

Well, He died along time ago for me.

Agreed Snoop been wack for years.

#33 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44280 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing said:

LOl What? Snoop is not in my top 30.

#34 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing said:

Well timed trolling my friend.

#35 Posted by Kastiel (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

This clearly a sign of a man going through a midlife crisis. 

#36 Posted by mikethekiller (9675 posts) - - Show Bio

Somebody must have laced his blunt.

#37 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

dafuq

#38 Posted by ShadowKing (1324 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38: I'm kidding. Why are you taking me seriously?
#39 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

To promote his reggae album, Snoop Dogg has changed his name to Snoop Lion. That's a lot of bad ideas in one sentence.

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing said:

@utotheg38: I'm kidding. Why are you taking me seriously?

If you knew anything about me, You'd know I am never serious. :D

#41 Posted by ShadowKing (1324 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38: Heh, that is interesting to know. :)
#42 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3911 posts) - - Show Bio

I Thought he died too along time ago.

#43 Posted by CrimsonCake (2866 posts) - - Show Bio

But Snoop Dog is practically a household name.

#44 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

ROFLMAO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
#45 Posted by deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1 (16596 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.

#46 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8950 posts) - - Show Bio

He finally smoked one too many blunts..

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#47 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

LOL, this.