Slow Zombies vs Fast Zombies, YOU DECIDE!!!

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1. Which do you prefer in Movies and other media (comics, television, ect)?

2. Which is scarier?

3. Which would you rather face in a real zombie apocalypse?

4. And if you were to become one which one would you rather be?

SLOW ZOMBIE

vs

FAST ZOMBIE

I personally prefer Slow Zombies for all categories.

1. Nothing beats the original Dawn of the Dead, The Walking Dead, and WWZ (book)

2. I appreciate the terror that fast zombies generate but to me it is more of a cheap thrill (Like someone jumping out and saying boo). I like the slow building terror created by Slow Zombies (they make you think it is possible for you to survive), I just like the suspense generated by the Slow Zombies.

3. Well Slow Zombies for the reason that there really is probably a higher chance of survival.

4. You guessed it Slow Zombies. The reason behind this is that the faster variant of zombies are generally still alive (just infected with a disease like rabies). I would rather be at peace when I am a zombie (dead)

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By kuonphobos

1) Fast Zombies. Only example I have seen is the Dawn of the Dead remake and Zombieland. Although I confess that a fast moving animated corpse doesn't make sense.

2) Fast Zombies. That is why I prefer them. They are much more of a threat. They force the protagonist into more difficult strategery.

3) Slow Zombies. Because they are much less of a threat.

4) Wouldn't really matter now would it? But if for some reason I were to maintain my sentience then absolutely I would want to be a Fast Zombie because I would want to be more of a threat.

5) IMO infected are still alive and are therefore not zombies. A zombie MUST by definition be an animated corpse. Unless were talking about Haitain voodoo or mind-control. Therefore since it really doesn't make sense for animated corpses to be able to move fast I personally prefer the infected (TheCrossed/ 28 Days Later) to zombies. After all a global pandemic is possible which makes the infected (and their speed and potential intellect) far more horrifying IMO.

VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos: Well if we are saying that infected people aren't zombies then slow zombies win category 1 hands down.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Zombies of varying speed

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By kuonphobos

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@kuonphobos: Well if we are saying that infected people aren't zombies then slow zombies win category 1 hands down.

I'm not sure that I agree. The fast moving animated dead in the Dawn of the Dead remake and Zombieland were still IMO much more of a threat than their slow moving counterparts. I just don't think that it makes sense that an animated corpse (even though yes I realize that that is a fantasy itself but in the meta reality) would be able to move quickly given decaying neurolgical processes etc.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

1. Which do you prefer in Movies and other media (comics, television, ect)? I prefer fast zombies. 28 Days Later (Rage Virus, but still), Zombiland, Dawn of The Dead were all terrifying because they ran.

2. Which is scarier? Fast zombies are scarier.

3. Which would you rather face in a real zombie apocalypse? I would rather face slow zombies because of obvious reasons.

4. And if you were to become one which one would you rather be? I would rather be a fast zombie. I would probably get to eat more. :)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

1) I used to prefer the faster zombies,but I do prefer zombies to have varying speeds,some are slow some are fast and some are somewhere in between. That is what they did in walking dead,in the first season zombies could run,whilst in the latest season they seem to move at a slower pace.I really like the slower zombies though.

2) Which one is scarier? well to me the thing that is the deadliest thing about zombies is not how fast they move but their immense numbers.That is their best advantage.And I don't think speed makes them deadlier either,since alot of the slower zombies seem to be sneakier,they seem to take people off guard alot easier.So fast or slow doesn't really make them deadlier its their numbers that do.Also fast zombies are zombies,unless you are talking about 28 days later where they aren't but if they died and re animated they are a zombie weather they are running at you or limping behind you.

3) I would rather face the least numbers as possible,since that is what makes them deadly.Though faster zombies seem to travel in packs with less numbers,since the slower ones seem to hang around more thus it is more likely to be larger numbers,so going by that maybe faster zombies would be easier to take care of.

4) Don't know,maybe a slower moving one.It would be more fun to sneak up behind people as opposed to running straight into gun fire :D

Or maybe a special zombie like off of Left 4 Dead maybe.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

1) Slow.

2) Fast.

3) Slow.

4) Fast.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nefarious
  1. Fast zombies.
  2. Fast zombies.
  3. Slow zombies.
  4. Fast zombie.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do people really love fast zombies this much? They don't build suspense to me.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Do people really love fast zombies this much? They don't build suspense to me.

There is nothing scarier than the slow zombie from the Dawn of the Dead.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FalconPuuunch said:

1. Which do you prefer in Movies and other media (comics, television, ect)? I prefer fast zombies. 28 Days Later (Rage Virus, but still), Zombiland, Dawn of The Dead were all terrifying because they ran.

2. Which is scarier? Fast zombies are scarier.

3. Which would you rather face in a real zombie apocalypse? I would rather face slow zombies because of obvious reasons.

4. And if you were to become one which one would you rather be? I would rather be a fast zombie. I would probably get to eat more. :)

I presume your talking about the remake for Dawn of the Dead.Give the original a watch if you haven't,its better than the remake.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Bruxae
  1. Slow.
  2. Fast.
  3. Slow.
  4. Who in their right mind would choose to be slow over fast?
Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Slow

2.Slow

3.Slow

4. What difference does it make I'm a freaking zombie?

In the words of Simon Peg "Death is not an energy drink"

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By FalconPuuunch

@mrdecepticonleader: You presume correctly, however I have watched the original DoTd. I liked the remake more.

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSheepHerder
@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Zombies of varying speed

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@TheSheepHerder said:

Zombies of varying speed

Just out run a group of fast ones, catching breath, a slow one sneaks up and gets u

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSheepHerder

@TheSheepHerder said:

Zombies of varying speed

Just out run a group of fast ones, catching breath, a slow one sneaks up and gets u

Haha oh yes that would be a hell of a way to die xD

I guess that mean you turn into a slow zombie now as well? If so that's a bummer. :(
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@VercingetorixTheGreat:  

. Which do you prefer in Movies and other media (comics, television, ect)?  

Depends, I like them both, for instance, The Walking Dead actually makes slow zombies a threat, which until now, I never really thought of them to be, I mean have you seen the original Dawn of the Dead?? You can literally push them out of the way. However, I love films like 28 Days Later where the ''Infected" just charge at you non stop.

2. Which is scarier?  

Usually, the Fast infected/zombies are scarier, because their numbers actually spread faster, and they..y'know, run at you

I'd much rather face the slow zombies, because I'm not in good shape, and can't outrun creatures that sprint at me.

Um....I guess I'd rather be a fast zombie...it would be easier to catch prey?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@mrdecepticonleader:  

1) I used to prefer the faster zombies,but I do prefer zombies to have varying speeds,some are slow some are fast and some are somewhere in between. That is what they did in walking dead,in the first season zombies could run,whilst in the latest season they seem to move at a slower pace.I really like the slower zombies though. 

My theory for this is that the faster moving zombies are fresher than the slower ones, their muscles haven't began to atrophy yet, so they can move some what faster, but the longer they stay dead for, the slower they get.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes Slow Zombies so scary is the suspense they bring.

For instance which was scarier Dead Space or Dead Space 2?

Dead Space built suspense and that was what was truly terrifying but Dead Space 2 sent everything at you with no suspense (though I still enjoy it) and still scared you but not in the same way that Dead Space did.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImmortalT1000

Fast Zombies all 4.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@VercingetorixTheGreat: Fast zombies bring just as much suspense because you not only don't know when they will strike, but they strike at you hard, they don't claw at the doors, they break them down to get at you. 

For instance: 

This clip had both suspense, and the terrifying reality that the zombie is just as agile as you are.
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman: To each his own I guess haha

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The Stegman said:

@mrdecepticonleader:

My theory for this is that the faster moving zombies are fresher than the slower ones, their muscles haven't began to atrophy yet, so they can move some what faster, but the longer they stay dead for, the slower they get.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

@FalconPuuunch said:

@mrdecepticonleader: You presume correctly, however I have watched the original DoTd. I liked the remake more.

Okay :)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Pyrogram

1. Which do you prefer in Movies and other media (comics, television, ect)?

Slow

2. Which is scarier?

Fast

Slow

Fast